剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表
好啊哥们 山姆和梅琳达也都在呢吧
Hey, buddy. Sam and Melinda there, too?
在呢 打个招呼
They are. They say hi.
你好啊 罗恩
Hey, Ron.
你们好啊 小子们
What up, kids?
我十分钟后再跟你们联♥系♥
Let me hit you back in 10
咱们那时再细谈吧
and we'll sidebar this.
具约束力的仲裁 那是什么
Binding arbitration? What's that?
和开庭差不多 但是速度快多了
Well, it's like a trial but massively accelerated.
下周我们会在一位退休法官主持下
Next week we're gonna go in front of a retired judge
在两天之内把我们的案子
and argue our whole lawsuit
理清楚 然后就没事了
in just two days, and then we're done.
也就是说下周就都解决了
So this will all be resolved next week?
我早就想参加具约束力的仲裁了
I've always wanted to go to binding arbitration.
你早就想做的事还真是奇怪啊
A weird thing to have always wanted to do.
每一个告过我的人
Everybody who's ever sued me
都庭外和解了 没种的软蛋
has settled out of court. Pussies.
这回我终于能够英勇出战
Now finally I'll be able to take the stand,
唱他一出好戏了
be a part of the big show.
没什么好戏 这可是严肃的
No show. This is a serious
法律仲裁程序 明白吗
legal proceeding, okay?
说到这个
And speaking to that,
罗恩·拉弗兰梅给我们新请了位诉讼律师
Ron Laflamme has got us a new litigator
我们一小时后见他
and we are meeting him in an hour.
我们哪来的钱请他呢
Um, how are we gonna pay this person?
这位律师在我们的案子解决之前
Our guy has agreed to wave his entire fee
分文不取
until our case is resolved.
完了 是个
Oh, it's some wet behind
刚从法学院毕业的小菜鸟
the ears noob straight out of law school.
不是 据说他经验非常丰富
No, he is said to be very experienced,
是律师圈里的顶尖高手之一
one of the best in the biz.
那他怎么会冒险接我们这个案子
Then why the fuck would he take our case on spec?
我被捕时是否持有可♥卡♥因♥ 安非他明
Was I in possession of cocaine, amphetamines,
硝酸戊酯也称作松菊剂等药物
amyl nitrate, also known as poppers, at the time of my arrest?
确实如此且数量甚巨
In large quantities.
我是否曾和两名未成年女性
Did I have consensual intercourse
进行过双方自愿的性行为
with two women under the age of 18?
不止一次 这我承认
Repeatedly. I admit this.
我是否违反曼恩法案[禁止贩卖♥♥妇女卖♥♥淫]
Did I violate the Mann Act and transport them
跨州运送她们以满足我的性需求呢
across state lines for sexual purposes?
虽有指控 却从未证实
Alleged but not proven.
费了他们老大的劲也没成功
And, boy, they tried. They tried.
因此我被判监禁并吊销律师资格
Therefore, I was incarcerated and I was disbarred.
慢着 你被吊销资格了
Wait, hold on. You were disbarred?
也就是说你不能上庭
So you can't practice law?
在加州境内不能参与正式诉讼
Not in open court in the state of California.
这一点没错 但这次只是仲裁
That's correct. But this is arbitration.
我非常感激你们给我这次机会
I'm really grateful for the opportunity.
我改过自新了
I'm turning my life around.
我也付出代价坐了牢
I've served my time.
有疑问吗
Questions?
我有一个问题
I guess I have one at least.
硝酸戊酯是干什么用的
Um, what does amyl nitrate do?
帮助扩张肛周肌肉的
Oh, it dilates the anus.
说得很对
That is accurate.
同时也会产生快♥感♥
Also produces euphoria.
谢谢彼得和贾里德的深入教导
Okay, thank you, Pete and Jared.
-客气 -扩肛的事先放一边
- Sure. - Anal dilation aside,
你对我们的案子怎么看
what do you think of our case?
你觉得我们能把那些个'互利'的垃圾
You think we're gonna go in there and just dick-slap
打得落花流水吗
those Hooli pieces of shit?
你们的案子我看过了
I have reviewed your case
对你们非常有利
and it is extremely strong.
感谢上帝
Thank God.
同感谢 我每天怀着感恩的心
I do, every day of my life.
蒙上帝的恩典 我才得以
It's only by his grace that I was able to survive
走出人生峡谷
that plunge into the ravine
挺过11个月的铁窗生涯
and 11 months in the state penitentiary.
不好意思 你是指比喻意义上的峡谷
I'm sorry, were you in an emotional ravine
还是你真的去过峡谷
or did you actually go into a ravine?
都有
Both.
如果各位没问题的话
Now, with your approval,
我就要进行下一步工作了
I would like to move forward.
我现在没有办公室
I currently am not in possession of an office
眼下正住在教习所里
and I'm residing in a halfway house,
所以我想把你们的地址发给'互利'律师团
so I would like to give Hooli legal your home address.
为什么
Why?
他们需要把披露文件送到你们手上
They need to send over their discovery documents,
全部都送来
all of them.
全部
All of them?
这简直疯了
This is craziness.
就不能通过电子邮件发过来吗
Couldn't they have just emailed all this?
绝大多数都是电邮印到纸上而已
I mean, it's mostly just printed-out emails anyway.
是啊 他们当然可以那么做
Yeah, of course they could have.
不过那样一来就可以进行数据检索了
And it would have been digitally searchable,
关键就在这里
and that is the point.
就是要拿文件淹死你
It's a classic document dump.
不过他们没想到的是
But what they didn't take into account is
我们大家有力量
the power of us.
所以赶紧搬一箱吧 两位
So grab a box, guys.
把你们认为有关的内容都挑出来
Start pulling anything you think is relevant.
也许是有很多工作要做
And you may have to work pretty hard,
不过至少我们就此自♥由♥不用审判了
but it will free us from this lawsuit.
你刚才是说"劳动带来自♥由♥"吗
Are you saying, "Work will set you free"?
正是 他们有人力
Yes. They have the manpower.
我们有毅力 这就是意志的胜利
We have the perseverance. Triumph of the will.
在所有引用希♥特♥勒♥话的人中
He's the most cheerful person
他是我见过最开心的一个
I've ever heard quote Hitler.
'互利'的整个知识产权诉讼
So Hooli's entire intellectual property claim
可以归结到三个问题上
boils down to three simple questions.
你开♥发♥'魔笛手'的时间是否和
Did your work on Pied Piper at any time overlap
在'互利'的工作时间重叠过
with your scope of work or Hooli business?
没有
Uh, no.
你在'互利'工作时间内开♥发♥过'魔笛手'吗
Did you ever do work on pied piper on Hooli time?
没有
Uh, no.
你是不是也没有用过任何'互利'的设备
And at no time did you ever use Hooli equipment
开♥发♥过'魔笛手'
to develop Pied Piper in any way?
没 绝没有
No, never.
那我们就没问题 你如实在庭上讲就行了
We're on our way then. You just tell that honestly to the court,
然后我们就万事大吉
and we're home free.
好吧
Okay.
除非 你曾经
Unless, of course, you've offered
向别人提供过上述答案的不同版本
a conflicting version of that to anyone--
朋友啊 父母啊
a friend, your parents,
或者女朋友
a girlfriend.
没有 没有 不可能
No, no, and not possible.
我都三年没交过女朋友了
I haven't had a girlfriend in, like, three years.
男朋友
A boyfriend?
我不是同性恋 只是很忙
No. I'm not gay, just busy.
我们这次诉讼跟你的性向无关
We're not litigating your sexuality.
那就好
That's good, yeah.
那也是件好事 因为如果有关的话
It's a good thing, too, because if we were,
我们就都要进监狱了 是吧
we'd all end up in prison. Am I right?
无意冒犯
No offense.
给 我弄了个初稿 你们看看吧
Here, I did a first pass. Let me know what you think.
只是一些我作证时你需要问我的问题
Just a few questions for you to ask me while I'm on the stand.
这只是初稿 我们随时可以修改
It's rough clay. We can shape it as we go.
你知道我并没有打算让你出庭作证吧
You realize I have no intention of ever putting you on the stand?
什么 为什么
What? Why not?
我只是认为你对这个案件没有帮助
Well, I just don't think you have anything to offer the case.
他们想要试图证明'魔笛手'创始于'互利'
They're trying to say that Pied Piper was created at Hooli,
剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表