剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表
我认为你应该取消你的众筹项目
I think you should cancel your Kickstarter campaign.
-什么 -听着 我喜欢你的想法
- Whoa, what? - Listen, I love your idea.
-你知道我喜欢'哥们好'对吧 -哥们儿好
- You know I do, right, Bro? - Yeah. Bro?
哥们儿好 能把哥们儿这个词
Bro? Like, it lets you send the word "Bro"
发给所有用这个软件的人
to anyone else that has the app.
我知道 你已经跟我解释过无数遍了
I know what it is. You've explained it to me so many times.
我喜欢它 可是你要知道 不是我说的
I love it, but you know, I'm not saying--
是其他人说了很不好听的话
other people are, like, saying horrible stuff.
我支持你 而那些人说什么
You know, I'm supporting you, and they're saying, like,
他拿不到投资 所以只能去众筹平台
"Oh, he couldn't get funding, so he had to go to Kickstarter
像募捐一样找陌生人要钱
like some charity case collecting money from strangers,
就跟街边坐在地上吃垃圾的乞丐一样
like a street beggar who sits on the ground, eats trash."
真的吗
Really?
对
Yeah.
我告诉你个秘密
Look, just between us,
我本来就想要取消筹款了
I was thinking about canceling, anyways,
因为我们离目标实在太远
because we're way, way under our goal.
真的吗 真的吗
Really? Really?
低得有点丢人
Like, embarrassingly low.
你知道吗
You know what?
-这真是很惨 -确实很惨
- That sucks. - It does really suck.
但我觉得就该这么做
But I think it's the right thing to do.
你说得对
Well, you're right, we're...
因为你不想听别人的坏话
'Cause you don't want bad word of mouth
抹杀这么好的主意
to kill such a great idea.
对啊 就像你的软件那样
Yeah, like with what happened to your app. Yeah.
你什么意思 我的软件怎么了
What do you mean, what happened to my app?
所有人都在说它很差
Everybody started talking about how bad it was
所以最终你放弃了
and you ended up giving up.
我没放弃 我辞职去"魔笛手"了
I didn't give up. I left to go work on Pied Piper.
你的意思是 如果没有"魔笛手"
So you're saying, then, that if Pied Piper didn't happen,
你还是会继续搞你的软件吗
you would still be working on your app?
即使那些人全都对它嗤之以鼻
Even though all those people just shit, like, all over--
几乎所有人
like all of them.
你说的是谁 谁看不起它
我们的表兄弟 塔布 法鲁克 埃姆兰还有那些人
还有我搞上的那个女孩
那帮人有过什么成就吗 没有
我搞上的那女孩参加过奥♥运♥会
人们都是傻♥逼♥ 站在一旁对认真做事的人冷嘲热讽
你真这么想吗
没错 就是这样 去他们妈的
知道吗 你说的没错
You know what? You're right, you're right.
所以你很酷
That's what makes you so cool,
你有骨气说出这种话
that you have the fucking backbone to say that.
去他们妈的
Fuck those people. Yeah,
让他们滚一边去
Fuck 'em all.
-去他们的 -去他们的
- Fuck those people. - Fuck them.
我不会取消众筹竞选的 去他们的
I'm not going to cancel my kickstarter campaign. Fuck 'em.
等等 先等一下
Wait, hold on one second.
知道吗 你说的没错 去他们的
Yeah, no, you know what? You're right. Fuck them.
我不会取消 我要办一场
I'm not going to cancel it, and I'm going to throw
盛大的众筹聚会
a huge kickstarter party.
把我认识的人都请来
I'm gonna invite everyone that I know,
让哥们儿火起来
and we're going to put Bro over the top.
各位 他真是最酷的表兄
Everybody, this guy is the coolest cousin!
多谢你的五千块
Thank you for the $5,000, eh?
至少我还知道剃了毛
At least I have the common decency to shave mine.
在你当众亮出来之前吗
Before you pull them out in public?
所以你是在抱怨那人不够得体
So you're complaining about the guy's sense of decorum?
没错 这是个社会
Absolutely. We live in a society.
难以置信我们被搞得这么惨
I can't believe we are this fucked.
各位 刚刚发生了一件有趣的事
Guys, something interesting just happened.
我出于好奇下载了瓦基德的哥们儿软件
So I downloaded Wajeed's bro app out of curiosity
发现很有意思
And found it very sticky.
我之前从没觉得自己是谁的哥们儿
I've never felt like I was anyone's bro before.
唯一一群叫过我哥们儿的人是要打我的小混混
The only people who have used that term with me were assailants,
但我开始哥们儿别人 成为别人的哥们儿了
but, um, I started bro'ing people and getting bro'ed back.
真是我的噩梦
This is my nightmare.
突然之间 我有了各种各样的哥们
And all of a sudden, I'm bros with all kinds of people,
包括一个布兰斯科姆投资公♥司♥的人
including a guy from 'Branscomb Ventures.'
布兰斯科姆 那可是家大公♥司♥
Branscomb? That's a solid shop.
没错 我们哥们儿来哥们儿去
Yes. So we bro'ed about this and that,
然后他听说我在"魔笛手"工作
and then when he heard I worked at Pied Piper,
变得很兴奋 赞了三次我发的"哥们儿"
he got excited, he triple-liked my "Bro,"
还想见我们
and asked about meeting us.
他知道诉讼的事吗
Okay, but does he know about the lawsuit?
我告诉他了 你们也知道他们怎么说
Yeah, I told him. I mean, you know what they say,
-"哥们无秘密" -没人那么说
- "Bros disclose." - No one says that.
等等 布兰斯科姆不是已经有压缩项目了吗
Wait, doesn't Branscomb already have its own compression play?
是啊 但显然那项目不怎么样
Yeah, but not a good one, apparently.
他们想跟我们所有人见面 包括工程师
I mean, they want to sit down with all of us, engineers included.
只有第二或第三次见面时才会这么做
That only happens in a second or third meeting.
技术背景调查 这是好事
Technical due diligence. That's good.
好吧 贾里德 你怎么回复的
Okay, Jared, what-- what did you tell him?
我想等一会再回复他
Um, I was waiting a bit to "Bro" him back,
好让我显得不那么迫切
so that I don't seem over-eager.
哥们儿会去 快哥们儿回去
Bro him back! Bro him back.
哥们儿他
Bro him.
我们还没完 各位
We're not dead yet, guys.
去睡觉吧 我的哥们儿们
Well, get some sleep, my bros.
我会安排会面
I'll set the meeting, and, um,
然后再在你们之后给自己找个女人玩
then I'll go find some hoes to prioritize behind you.
你是想说"重友轻色"吗
Are you trying to say "Bros before hoes"?
虽然性别歧视 但重点是友情
It's sexist, but it's about friendship.
发散法是基于一种全新的概率模型
Middle-out is based on a completely new probabilistic model.
布兰斯科姆投资公♥司♥
即使是在域优化的算法中
It finds long-range structure that's hidden
它也能找出隐藏的远程结构
even to domain-optimized algorithms.
抱歉 是不是有点太深奥了
I'm sorry, is-- is this too in the weeds?
完全没有 讲的越深越好
Not at all. Take us into the weeds.
不如你们听听我们的营销战略吧
Wouldn't you rather hear our go-to-market strategy?
你之前提到过
You mentioned something earlier about
以另一种压缩算法为基础 从中间设计堆栈
stacking middle-out on top of another compression algorithm.
那该怎么做
How does that even work?
你没法对一个已经
I mean, you can't compress
压缩到最小熵的东西再进行压缩
something that's already compressed to entropy.
对吧
Right?
这种展示会上
Uh, I don't really get too
还真没几个人会向我提问
many of those questions in meetings like these.
不过 如果我现场展示的话可能更容易理解
But, uh, it's actually easier if I-- if I show you.
-行吗 -没问题
- May I? - Absolutely.
行 好的 那就来吧
Okay, great. Here-- here I go.
从中间堆栈其实是可行的
Stacking middle-out is actually very real.
-咱们... -你要尿尿吗 贾里德
- Let's take-- - Do you have to pee, Jared?
-因为 我想尿尿 -所以当我们简化...
- Because I have to pee. - So, when you unpack...
我很想去尿尿
I would love to pee.
到符号♥层面时
down to the symbolic level.
这样 当我们从中间入栈时
There. When you stack middle-out...
-他们这是在窃取咱们的点子吧 -绝对是
- They're brain-raping us, right? - They definitely are.
该死 你在这等着
Shit. All right, wait here.
你要干什么什么
What are you doing?
我不是说了我不想尿尿吗 怎么了
I told you I didn't have to go pee. What is happening?
那些家伙绝对不会投资我们 咱们得马上走
Those guys are never going to fund us. We need to leave now.
你在说什么 现在形势一片大好
What are you talking about? This is going great.
那些风投人绝对
I mean, VCs are never
不会对中间堆栈的原理感兴趣
interested in how middle-out actually works.
他们当然感兴趣 因为他们想窃取这个想法
Of course they're interested, because they want to steal it.
这是典型的窃取
This is a classic brain-rape.
-什么 -我们在互利经常这么干
- What? - We did it at Hooli all the time.
我们会安排和其他公♥司♥开研讨会
We'd schedule meetings with companies,
让他们来解释自己的技术
so they'd explain their technology,
然后我们把他们的点子用在我们的产品上
then we'd use their ideas in our products.
-就像Yelp那样 -没错
- Like what happened to Yelp. - Yes.
这就好像有人和你说想跟你去观鸟
剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表