剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表
No, the hippo was also startled by the noise
在彼得出帐篷前 它就吓跑了
and had run off prior to Peter exiting his tent.
那彼得到底出什么事了
So, what happened to Peter?
他很久都没跑过步了
He hadn't run in a long time,
说不定一辈子都没跑过 然后他就
maybe ever, and you know, he just...
走了
that was it.
那真是太 奇怪了
Oh, that is so... very strange.
-太令人伤心 -令人伤心同时也很奇怪
- Very sad and tragic. - Very sad and strange.
再见
See ya.
伙计 这感觉真是太怪了
Man, that is so weird.
前一秒钟彼得·格里高利人还在这
I mean, one minute peter gregory is here,
下一秒钟他人就没了
the next, he's just gone.
贾里德 我是埃利希
Jared, it's Erlich.
你尽快帮我安排好与其他风投基金的会面
I need you to set up all the other VC meetings, ASAP.
把所有行程都排满
Line 'em up nuts to butts.
你在干什么 莫妮卡刚说他们仍会投资我们
What are you doing? Monica just said they're still gonna fund us.
我们耐心等着就行
We should just sit tight.
听着 我很欣赏彼得·格里高利
Look, I loved Peter Gregory
也许远胜他欣赏我
maybe even more than he loved me,
但有些事你得明白
but there's something you need to know here,
有一些莫妮卡没有主动告诉你的事
Something that Monica isn't exactly volunteering up,
所有这种一个老板的公♥司♥里都有关键人条款
And that's all of these one-man firms have a key man clause.
-你知道什么意思吗 -不知道
- Do you know what that means? - No.
意思是现在彼得·格里高利死了
It means that now that Peter Gregory is gone,
拉维加所有的投资人都有合同权利
All the Raviga investors have the contractual right
把投资套现走人
to cash out and walk away,
也就是说 有可能今天之后
which means that by the end of the day,
拉维加就不存在了
there may not be a Raviga.
-不是吧 -没错 所以我们得早做准备
- Seriously? - Yes, so we have to prepare for that.
我知道这么说显得我很过分
Now, I know that it makes me sound like a terrible person,
可这是为了公♥司♥好
but we have a company to run.
你知道谁会第一个同意我的观点吗
And do you know who the first person to agree with me would be?
彼得·格里高利
Peter Gregory.
激励
信任
想象
创新
这是我们纽核力公♥司♥
And that is the very first spot
一月六日国际消费电子展见
在今年一月的国际消费电子展上
in our new campaign heralding the upcoming release
将要播放的第一条广♥告♥
of Nucleus this January at CES.
-有问题吗 -我有个问题
- Any questions? - I have a question.
糟糕透顶 我刚在'科技博客'创业展会
That was horrible. I just got humiliated by a fucking teenager
被一个该死的90后侮辱完
at techcrunch disrupt,
然后你就给我看这种卫生棉条广♥告♥
and you give me this tampon ad?
-一个糖尿病妹坐秋千 -我看她得了癌症
- A girl with diabetes on a swing? - I think she has cancer.
我看着像癌症
At least that's how I read it.
我不在乎她得的什么病
I don't care what kind of disease she had!
我只关心纽核力要比魔笛手好
All I care about is that Nucleus is better than Pied Piper.
亨德里克斯抢走了我们的风头
Hendricks just left us all in the dust.
如果我们再错一步
If we get this wrong,
我们就要错失这个百年不遇的机会了
we could blow the business opportunity of a lifetime!
这是个数据大爆♥炸♥的时代
Data creation is exploding.
人们存在云端存了很多
With all the selfies and useless files
不肯删掉的自♥拍♥和没用的文件
people refuse to delete on the cloud,
全世界百分之九十二的数据
92% of the world's data
都是在过去两年里出现的
was created in the last two years alone.
按照这个速度 这个世界的数据储存能力
At the current rate, the world's data storage capacity
明年春天前就要爆了
will be overtaken by next spring.
那将是一场大灾难
It will be nothing short of a catastrophe.
数据不足 数据限额 数据黑市
Data shortages, data rationing, data black markets.
有人的压缩技术能够救世界于末日数据之战中
Someone's compression will save the world from data-geddon,
这一定得他妈是纽核力而不是见鬼的魔笛手
and it sure as hell better be Nucleus and not goddamn Pied Piper!
我不知道你们怎么想
I don't know about you people,
我不希望有任何人比我们
but I don't wanna live in a world where someone else
更能让世界更美好
makes the world a better place better than we do.
数据末日之战 他这么喜欢用这个词吗
"Data-geddon", is he married to that, or...
还是说最近就是有很多末日之战
there's just been a lot of "Geddons" lately?
没错 冰雪末日之战 飞车末日之战
That's true. "Snow-mageddon", "Car-mageddon".
还有个叫《世界末日之战》的电影
There's that movie "Armageddon."
劳里 你要见我吗
Laurie, you wanted to see me?
莫妮卡 进来 你应该已经听说
Monica, come in, come in. I'm sure you've heard by now
我被任命为执行合伙人了吧
that I've been named our new managing partner.
是的 恭喜
Yes. Congratulations.
有限合伙人们告诉你他们怎么作出决定的吗
Did the limited partners tell you how they made their decision?
他们看了每个高级合伙人
They looked at the portfolio performances
在最近几轮融♥资♥后的投资回报
of each of the senior partners over the last several funds,
我的表现明显是最好的
And my numbers were, objectively, the most favorable.
所以他们选了我
Therefore, I was selected.
对 执行合伙人
Yeah, it's just managing partner
要跟不同的人打交道
is all about meeting with people and interacting with people.
你想坐可以坐下 你想吗
You can sit down if you want to. Do you want to?
还是说我们应该站着
Or should we stand?
-我都... -我要站着
- Uh, I-- whatever-- - I'm standing...
-好吧 -不过你可以不用
- Okay... - But you don't have to.
-好吧 -你觉得坐着会很怪吗
- Okay. - Would it make you feel awkward to sit?
我可以站着
I'm okay to stand.
-莫妮卡 -好吧
- Monica... - Of course.
彼得·格里高利死了
Peter gregory is dead.
是的 我知道
Yes, I know.
从私人角度看 这件事令人悲伤
On a personal note, his death is very sad.
可是从专业角度看 他的决定很不可取
But on a professional level, it's untenable.
我看了很多他的文件
I've been reviewing his files.
他投的好几个项目也太不靠谱了
He was pursuing a number of extremely dubious positions.
你知道吗
Are you aware
我们在摩洛哥有家价值三千万的鸵鸟场
that we own a $30 million ostrich farm in Morocco,
还是三家专门研究隐形技术的公♥司♥的
or that we are the majority stakeholders in three companies
大股东
that specialize in invisibility?
这还有一盒子写满字的纸巾
This box is filled with napkins covered with notes
详细阐述了彼得如何深信
detailing Peter's conviction that
转基因蔓越莓菌会像棉花那样大热
genetically-modified cranberry fungus would become the next cotton.
-这想法我记得 -没错
- That-- that one I remember. - Yes.
莫妮卡
Monica.
彼得·格里高利已经死了
Peter Gregory is dead.
-是 -我们现在更得展现出竞争力
- Yes. - We need to seem competitive, now more than ever,
让投资者们看到 更要让整个业界看到
to our investors as well as to the industry at large.
'魔笛手'算是目前硅谷
Well, I mean, Pied Piper is probably
最抢手的早期投资项目了
the hottest early investment in town right now,
-至少我们还有他们 -真的吗
- and we have them. - Do we?
那他们怎么会跟其它公♥司♥
But why then are they speaking to other firms
-谈A轮融♥资♥ -不会吧 我刚告诉他们
- about investing in their Series A? - No, no, I just told them
耐心等几天 等我们处理好内务
to sit tight for a day or two until we sorted things out.
看来你这话显得我们态度不坚定了
It seems that that advanced a sense of uncertainty,
我们可能会失去他们的A轮融♥资♥
and now we're at risk of losing their round.
这将危害公♥司♥利益
This could jeopardize the firm
而莫妮卡 你作为助理合伙人
and, by extension, your career here,
在本公♥司♥事业也将受影响
Monica, as an associate partner.
-大概我当时还没缓过来 -莫妮卡
- Well, I guess I was just kind of in shock. - Monica...
彼得·格里高利已经死了
Peter Gregory is dead.
是 我知道
Yes. I know.
这感觉太棒了
This is great.
之前多少次拉投资 什么筹码都没有
Do you know how many times I've gone into these rooms
夹着尾巴就进去了
with nothing but a half of an ass in my hand?
这次可是带着
We're walking in there
一米长大老二 浑身亮粉来的
with three-foot cocks covered in Elvis dust.
-是吗 -理查德·亨德里克斯 可以进去了
- Really? - Richard Hendricks? They're ready for you.
-时过境迁啊 各位 -好了 走吧
- This is a fucking layup, guys. - Okay, let's do this.
你坐下 贾里德
Not you, Jared.
有了正式投资 我们就能及时开♥发♥出
Now, with proper funding, we should be able to put together
可运行测试版 赶上消费电子展示会
a functioning beta in time for CES
在市场上力压'纽核力'了
and compress Nucleus out of the marketplace.
还行
Yeah.
我也说不好
I don't know.
剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表