剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表
I will telephone your lawyer tomorrow,
-我们再谈相关细节 -好啊
- and we can speak about the relevant details. - Good.
彼得是为数不多的 真正行动起来
Peter was one of the few who genuinely took action
用技术帮助人类发展的人
to use technology to help humanity thrive.
但是我们到底要怎样量化
But how exactly can we quantify
一个人对于整个人类的贡献
another human's contributions to mankind?
我们把它划分成三个部分
Let's break it down into its three component elements.
彼得·格里高利的积极影响
我是在彼得打算
I met peter when he was
投资我的公♥司♥时认识的他
thinking about investing in my company, Zetasphere,
但是我想他后来有所犹豫
although I think he was hesitant
因为他对快拍的最初回报有所失望
after his disappointing initial return from Snapchat.
不过他还是投了 我们每个月能见一次
He came onboard, anyway, and every month we would meet.
彼得一向是一个诚实的人
Peter was always an honest man,
我知道如果他今天和我们同在
and I know that if Peter were here with us today,
他会说 他没有对快拍失望
he would say that he was not disappointed in Snapchat,
他会原谅你 列夫 原谅你的误解
and he would forgive you, Lev, for your misunderstanding.
彼得就是这样的人
That's just the kind of guy that Peter was--
热情慷慨
warm, generous,
而且不对快拍失望
and not disappointed in Snapchat.
我永远不会忘记初次见到彼得的场景
I'll never forget the first time I met peter.
是在他妈妈的车♥库♥
It was in his mom's garage,
我们一起开始创业
where we started our first business together--
制♥造♥仿IBM的VGA视频采集卡
Manufacturing VGA graphics cards for IBM clones.
那些日子一去不返了
We never looked back.
我最后一次见他
And you know, the last time I saw him,
是在一个饭店
it was at a restaurant,
离那个车♥库♥还没有半英里远
not a half-mile away from that same garage.
我们像老朋友一样交谈
We talked as old friends do.
他问我杰克逊霍尔那地方怎么样
He asked me about Jackson Hole,
我问他有关普拉提的问题
I asked him about... Pilates.
可是 感觉不对了
And yet... something was wrong.
我们表面上和气 心里却憋着火
Underneath it all, there was an unmistakable tension.
那股火我会抱憾终生
A tension I will forever regret.
众所周知 彼得和我有分歧
it's no secret Peter and I had our differences.
是事业将我们分开
We let business get between us.
而现在
Now?
现在我希望能跟他说句对不起
Now I wish I could say I'm sorry for that.
太晚了 他已经不在了
It's too late. He's gone,
这让我意识到宽容的重要性
and it makes me realize the importance of forgiveness,
无论何时都要心怀慈悲
of doing things with love and compassion in your heart,
而不是报复和竞争
and not vengeance and competition.
这是我们互相亏欠的东西
I mean, we owe that to each other, don't we?
也是欠他的
And to him?
毕竟 这里就是在彼得的帮助下建成的
After all, this valley is the place Peter himself helped build.
我们怀揣梦想聚集在这里
Where we come together as dreamers,
我们所有人 都衷心地想让世界更美好
all of us, to truly make the world a better place.
这里就是文艺复兴时期的佛罗伦萨
This is Florence during the Renaissance.
这里就是卡梅洛特[亚瑟王]
This is camelot.
彼得把这里叫做
This is the place Peter
"创新的摇篮"
himself called "The Cradle of Innovation".
我会怀念我的朋友的
I will miss my friend.
再见 彼得
Bye, Pete.
或许他还是有人性的
Maybe he is a human, after all.
天啊 抱歉
Jeez. I'm sorry.
是罗恩·拉弗兰梅发来的
It's from Ron Laflamme.
"盖文·贝尔森在起诉你
"Gavin Belson is suing you.
"声称你今天从互利窃取了魔笛手"
"Filed claims today that you stole Pied Piper from Hooli."
该死
Shit.
盖文·贝尔森在起诉我们
Gavin Belson is suing us.
剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表