剧集 | 数字追凶(2005) | 导航列表
这里 写在上面...
Here, actually, you write it...
美国数论期刊说您是Riemann假想 方面的权威
The American Journal of Number Theory says you're the point man on papers for Riemann Hypothesis.
我已经在这个领域研究了20年了
I've worked on it for two decades.
数学家的职业病-- 一旦开始了
Occupational hazard in math-- getting known as the guy
就不会放弃去证明Riemann的假想--
who can't stop trying to prove Riemann's--
但是 uh 我也不是第一人
but, uh, I'm not the first.
那么你是为期刊审阅Riemann假想的 是这样吗?
So, you referee the papers on the Riemann submitted to the journal, correct?
是的
Yeah.
正因为这样我才遇到了Ethan Burdick
That's how I first met Ethan Burdick.
2年前 他写了一封信
Now, two years ago, he wrote a letter
说他已经接近了这个问题的答案 当他完成的时候他会把成果发表出来
announcing that he was getting close to a solution to the problem and that he was gog to publish his findings once his work was complete.
当他几个月 uh 都没有回音的时候
Now, when he didn't, uh, follow up for several months,
我就去看他
I went to see him.
我去拜访过几次 请坐
I went back several times. Please.
你有什么看法 um 对他的工作?
What did you think, um, of his work?
Oh 他非常的聪明 而且取得了突破性的进展 但是说到解决 还远远不够
Oh, it was brilliant, and he made significant breakthroughs, but it was never quite ready.
一个月以前 他写信来说
Now, a month ago, he wrote,
他已经准备好公布解决方法了
saying that he was ready to announce a solution,
这一次 他非常的肯定
and this time, he was sure.
你觉得Atwood知道什么事情吗?
You think Atwood knew something?
他好像在为什么事情而恐惧
He was scared of something.
看看这个
Look at this.
Burdicks给我们的名单?
The list the Burdicks gave us?
那个母亲说6个月前一个电缆工来升级电线
The mother says a cable guy came by six weeks ago to upgrade the wiring.
但是电缆公♥司♥没有相应的纪录
Cable company has no record.
你确定是那家公♥司♥吗
Well, you sure you got the right company?
这个区域只有这一家
Only one serves the area.
我想有人试图进入Ethan Burdick的电脑系统
I think somebody was trying to get into Ethan Burdick's computer system.
你是说 像黑客一样? -是的
You mean, like, a hacker? Yeah.
那个母亲是通过服务公♥司♥的网站 预订了小丑来主持party
The mom booked clowns and rentals through the party company's Web site.
那么我们来看看如果他们是看中 Riemann假想这件事情
All right, let's just say they're after this Riemann Hypothesis thing.
我的意思是 当进入了电脑系统以后
I mean, getting into Ethan's system
他们会清楚的知道这离成功还很远
would certainly tell them how far along he is.
对吧?
Right?
这是Paul Ballard-- 那个小丑
It's Paul Ballard-- the clown.
谁是Paul Ballard?
Who's Paul Ballard?
你在另外的两宗绑♥架♥案中调查了这个家伙?
Now, you investigated this guy for two other kidnappings?
是的 妻子是一家银行的总裁 15岁的儿子是一家安全公♥司♥的经理
Yeah. Wife of a bank president,15-year-old son of a security company chief.
都没有时间作案
Couldn't make a case either time.
妻子的尸体已经找到了 那个孩子的到现在都没有找到
Wife's body was found, boy's body was never recovered.
93%的符合度-- 这真是一个很好的补充线索
Match is 93%-- that's pretty good considering the heavy makeup.
干的好 Terry
Good catch,Terry, you were right.
我应该早一点发现的
I should've seen it sooner.
在你来洛杉矶以前 我们曾经以逃税的罪名驱逐他
We sent him away for tax evasion before you got to L.A.
这是我们最好的处理办法
Best we could do.
以前McNeill改造中心发出了一份释放声明
There was an early release initiative at McNeill Correctional Institute.
Ballard出去了 不是假释
Ballard got out. No parole.
Hello. Hey.
Hello. Hey.
告诉我你找到Emily Burdick了
Tell me you found Emily Burdick.
还没有 弟弟 对不起
No, I'm sorry, buddy, not yet.
Hey 看看这里 厨房♥这里 我自己做了这个下水池 而且瓷砖也是自己贴的
Hey, take a look at this.Here in the kitchen, I put in the new sink myself,and the, uh... I did the tile work.
Oh 做得棒极了
Oh, it's beautiful work.
我喜欢你这些手工艺的技巧
I like how you've preserved the original Craftsman detail.
Oh hey 儿子们 Hi.
Oh, hey, boys. Hi.
我们不知道你在家
We didn't know you were home.
Meredith 这是我的两个儿子--
Meredith, my two sons--
这是Don 和 Charlie.
this is Don and Charlie.
你好 Hi Don.
How are you? Hi, Don.
很高兴认识你 -你好 -Hello Charlie.
Nice to meet you. Hello.Pleasure. Hello, Charlie.
Oh Meredith你能先上楼吗 我随后就上来
Oh, Meredith, would you mind going upstairs for a minute?I'll be right with you.
好的 -Um...Um...
Sure. Um...Um...
笑什么? -不错 她很好
What? Nice. She's cute.
然后会怎样? -怎么回事?
What's going on? What is this?
Oh 认真点 Charlie.
Oh, come on, Charlie.
你们还记得我给你们说过吗?
Don't you remember we talked about this?
说过什么? 不记得了
Talked about what? No.
对不起 我想我应该让你们注意到我说过的... -不用道歉 爸爸
I'm sorry, I should have made sure you were paying attention when I was ta... Don't apologize, Dad.
不 你们不知道这意味着什么
No, you have no idea what this is all about
相信我 -我们并不想知道
trust me. I don't think we want to know.
你应该知道 -不 我们不需要
Well, you have to know. No, we don't, Dad.
你应该有私人生活 -等一等 等一等 这并不是一个约会
Look, you're allowed to have a private life. Wait a minute.Just hold it a second.This is not a date.
Oh 这个... 爸爸 你说什么? 这个女士很可...
Oh, my... Dad, what are you telling me?That this woman is a pr...
房♥地♥产♥经纪人
Real estate agent.
好的 我有点迷...
All right. I'm confu...
你和房♥地♥产♥经纪人约会? -不 他要把这个房♥子卖♥♥了
Are you dating a real estate agent? No, he's selling the house.
是的... -为什么? 我-我还住在这里
Yes... Why? I-I live here.
你还记得吗?你还记得吗? -你也住在这里
Don't you remember?Don't you remember? You ve here.
我说我想找一个小点的地方
I said I wanted to find a smaller place for myself
可能是一个公♥寓♥ 你们需要自己的房♥子 -我当然记得 但是我以为你是开玩笑
maybe a condo.You need a place of your own. I remember that, sure.But I didn't think you were serious.
你不能卖♥♥了我们的房♥子 你在想什么? 这是我们的家 -看看 现在市场...
You can't sell our house. What are you saying?This is our house. Look, the market is...
现在的世道很好 -是的 但是我住在这里 我们都住在这里... -我们住的这个地方包含了我大部分退休存储
the market is at its peak right now. Yeah, but I live here.We are living... we are living on a very large part of my retirement savings.
爸爸是对的 现在的价格不错 相信我 我已经作过调查了
He's right. Prices are high.Believe me, I've looked around.
我们... 这样... -我对楼上也很满意 这地方很不错
Can we... do me a favor... I like how it looks upstairs; it's great.
我喜欢那个阳台
I love the solarium.
Oh 你还没有看室外的环境 -我就在那个阳台工作
Oh, you haven't seen the outside. I do my best work in the solarium.
Oh 这是加热系统 时常有一点点小毛病
Oh, that's the heating system.It's a little temperamental.
可能需要一些处理 等下我给你演示
It needs a little finessing. I'll show you later.
你看看这里 在房♥子的正面 我们有 uh...
Just wanted you to see this here, at the front of the house, we have, uh...
放松一点
Look, rela
我找到了一个不错的公♥寓♥ 那里有不错的邻居 你也能找到一个合适的
I got a great apartment in a great neighborhood.You'll find one, too.
那你一天到晚待在这里干什么?
Then why are you over here all the time?
因为我得看着你 不要过分的麻烦爸爸
Because I'm making sure you let Dad have a life.
Burdick太太...我想打扰几分钟 -Lake探员
Mrs. Burdick...I need a minute of your time, please. Agent Lake.
你见过这个人吗?
Have you ever seen this man?
没有
No.
我想就是他绑♥架♥了Emily.
I think this is the man that has Emily.
他曾经有绑♥架♥史并且逃脱了处罚
He's kidnapped before and gotten away with it.
你必须要配合我们 -Ethan说...
You need to let us help you. Ethan says...
Ethan说他可以带回Emily
Ethan says he can get Emily back.
你的丈夫认为他能够控制事态的进行 事实上他根本没有这个能力
Your husband thinks that he is in control of something he is definitely not in control of.
那些其他的绑♥架♥--
These other kidnappings--
那些家庭配合了你们吗?
did those families cooperate with you?
是的 -但是你说他却逃脱了制裁
Yes. But you say he got away with it.
他仍然逍遥法外 他还绑走了我们的女儿
And he's still out there,and he's taken our daughter.
在你们的帮助下 这次我们能够逮捕他
With your help, we can get him this time.
我并不关心他怎么样 Lake探员 我只关心Emily.
I don't care about him, Agent Lake.I care about Emily.
我的丈夫 是我遇见的最聪明的人...
My husband, the smartest man I have ever met...
当他说他能搞定 我就相信他
when he says he knows what he's doing, I believe him.
Burdick太太...
Mrs. Burdick...
Okay 你们能想象的最大的数是?
Okay, what's the biggest number you can think of?
Um, 一兆-- 有这个数吗?
Um, a gazillion-- is that a real number?
不对
No.
A quadrillion(一百万的4次方)
A quadrillion. Quadrillion.
这是1,000万亿 或者说1后面跟15个零 或者可以这样写
That's 1,000 trillion, or 1 followed by 15 0's.Or it can be written like this.
这是目前已知的宇宙拥有的原子总量
Now, this is how many protons are in the entire known universe.
而这个数量级的数字
And this is the size of the numbers
用来加密因特网的数据
used to encrypt Internet transactions.
非常大的数字
Huge numbers.
但是我们不光光是使用巨大的数字
But for encryption,we don't use just big numbers. We use big numbers
我们使用的是由大素数组成的巨大的数字 因为素数是数学上基本的组成单元
that are built by multiplying large prime numbers,because, see, primes are the basic building blocks of mathematics.
就目前我们所知
And as far as we know,
素数在数轴上随机的不定间隔的出现
they occur at random intervals along the number line.
因为这样 要想把一个巨大的数
Because of that,it's incredibly hard
拆分成组成它的素数
to take a giant number apart
几乎是不可能的事情 明白了吗?
and break it down to its prime components, okay?
这就是说 这是因特网加密的基本原理
I mean, that's basically how Internet security works.
一个大的 未知的素数隐藏在一个不可能被拆分的 巨大的数里面
A large, unknown prime number hidden inside a giant number that can't be broken down.
那么 黑客不能破解加密机制的原因就是这个 不可回避的数学原理?
So, the reason hackers can't break the encrtions is because of the sheercomplexity of the math?
完全正确 这非常的复杂
Exactly, and it is complex.
1977年 3个数学家向《美国科技》的读者挑战
In 1977, three mathematicians challenged the readers of Scientific American
剧集 | 数字追凶(2005) | 导航列表