剧集 | 老娘还没死(2023) | 导航列表
-嗨 -她帮我得到了报社的工作
Hi. She helped me get my job at the paper.
我要感谢你把奈尔带进我的生活
Well, I have to thank you for bringing Nell into my life.
她为我丈夫蒙蒂写了最美的讣告
She wrote the most beautiful obituary for my husband, Monty.
对你的遭遇我深表遗憾
Oh. I am so sorry for your loss.
但是记住 上帝关闭一扇门 一定会为你打开一扇窗
But, remember, when one door closes, another window opens.
-谢谢 -不客气
Thank you for that. You're so welcome.
-同理心是我的超能力 -当然
- Empathy is my superpower. - For sure. - Yeah.
那么 我写了一篇曝光文章
So, I wrote an exposé
揭露了球场破坏湿地事件中的腐♥败♥行为
on the corruption around the ballpark going into the wetlands,
这是我写过的最好的报道
and it's the best thing I have ever written.
希望你拿给莱克西看看
I want you to show Lexi.
奈尔
- Nell.
你听到她说的了 这就是她想要的那种新闻
- You heard her! This is the kind of journalism she wants.
而且你们是朋友
And you guys are friends, yeah?
你懂她的语言
You speak her language.
你刚得到这份写讣告的工作
You just got this job writing obituaries.
你为什么半途而废 转而尝试其他东西呢
Why are you trying to rush off and do something else?
两分钟 两分钟平板支撑
Two minutes! That was a two-minute plank.
我真的没法解释 我需要写点不一样的东西
I really can't explain it. I just need to do anything else.
你瞧 我爱你
See, I love you, but it just sounds to me
但我觉得你有点急于求成了
like you're trying to skip some steps.
她不懂我们 你应该远离她
Oh, she doesn't get us. You gotta cut her loose.
你说得对 我不该现在提
You're right. I shouldn't have brought it up.
报道什么的不重要 咱们吃午饭吧
No. The article is no big deal. Let's drink our lunch.
好啊
All right.
我们会另想办法
We'll find another way.
嗨 迪娜 谁负责把文章上传到网站
Hey, Tina, who's in charge of uploading the, um, articles to the paper's website?
哇 这沙拉料真足
Wow, that's a really thick salad.
谢谢
Thank you.
所有文章都要经过栏目编辑审阅
Everything has to go through the section editor
然后发到互联网上传工程师那里
who then sends it to the Internet upload engineer.
-我好像没见过他们 -就是梅森
I don't think I've met them yet. - It's Mason.
今早他帮莱克西设置手♥机♥字体大小
- He helped Lexi fix the font size on her phone this morning,
然后她把他奉为IT之神了
and now she thinks he's an I.T. god.
嘿
Hey.
你看上去油光满面的
Oh, you look oily.
是啊 我昨天吃了太多热黄油
Yeah. I went a little nuts on the hot butter yesterday.
身体吃不消了 我的凉席也毁了
Really took a toll on my body. - My bamboo sheets are ruined.
好恶心
- Gross.
但看到你脸上的表情 让每一口无水黄油都物有所值
But seeing the look on your face made every clarified sip worth it.
其实 我来找你就是为了这个
Actually, that's why I'm here. I mean, I--
我希望我们俩别再互相较劲了
I really want us to stop competing with each other
而是互相支持
and start supporting each other.
-为什么 -好极了 我们说好了 太棒了
Why? Cool, we have a deal? Awesome.
现在 我需要你帮我上传一篇 丹尼斯没时间上传
Now, I need you to upload an article that Dennis is too busy to upload,
但他绝对想上传的文章
but he totally wants uploaded.
这个感觉很棒 我很开心我们成了朋友
And, uh, this feels great. This feels good. I'm glad we're friends.
-你显然是在撒谎 我不干 -什么
- Clearly you're lying. - What? I won't do it.
除非...
Unless...
-好吧 直说吧 你想怎样 -五千块加一辆马自达MX5
Okay, just say it. What do you want? $5,000 and a Miata.
-不行 -把办公室还我
- No! - My office back.
-成交 -太好了
- Deal. - Yesss.
太好了
Yesss!
把你变得不那么悲惨 这个过程太美妙了
Oh, it has been a pleasure making you less pathetic.
是啊 想到你可能是我最后一个 交谈的死人 感觉怪怪的
Yeah, and if you're the last dead person that I talk to, it's been weird.
我知道
I know.
体育场丑闻曝光
Oh, ka-boom!
-太棒了 你做到了 -太好了 我回来了 宝贝
- Ooh, yes! - We did it! - I'm back, baby! - Yeah!
-你干了什么 -嗯
- What have you done? - Huh?
莱克西叫我们去她办公室
Lexi wants to see us in her office.
因为她读了我的文章
Because she read my article?
而且很喜欢
And loved it?
她想给我升职 请我吃龙虾
And wants to give me a promotion? And some lobster?
所有《释放你内心的老虎》 一经售出 概不退换
Mnh. All sales of Unleash Your Inner Tiger are final.
你的文章被撤销了
Your article has been taken down.
你的所作所为令人震惊 稍不留神 我们可能会面临诉讼
What you did was completely egregious. One mistake, and we could have been sued.
另外 你那件外套好丑 而且你闻起来像夏天的雨
Also that jacket is gross, and you smell like summer rain.
是我的肩膀
It's my shoulders.
奈尔 你的名字拼写是N还是KN
Nell, Nell, Nell. Do you spell that with an "N" or a "K-N"?
那是什么
What is that?
这是我的机会手册
This is my book of chances.
上面记载了每个员工在被炒之前
I keep a tally for each of my employees
-剩余的机会次数 -我还剩多少次
and how many chances they have left before they get fired. How many do I have?
五次
- Five.
奈尔 你只有一次
Nell, you had one.
这么看来五次算不错了
That makes five sound pretty good.
-我们永远是朋友 -好吧
We'll always be friends. - All right.
等等
- Wait, wait, wait, wait.
几年前 我搬到了另一个城市 我搞砸了我的人生
A few years ago, I moved away and I screwed up my life.
我希望你知道我真的很珍惜这份工作
And I want you to know that I really appreciate this job,
但自从我开始写讣告 我的思维仿佛被困住了
but since I've been writing obituaries, I've been weirdly stuck in my head
我没有拿出最好的成绩
and I haven't done my best work.
我知道作为调查记者 我能为这家报社做出更多贡献
I know I could be more valuable to this paper as an investigative journalist.
我没听懂
I don't think I follow.
莱克西 奈尔的意思是
Lexi. What Nell is saying is that she thinks
她认为她能给你想要的点击率
she can give you the clickety clickety boom,
如果你夺走了那个最后的机会 她就没办法证明
and if you take away that last chance, she won't be able to prove
她能写出受欢迎的文章
that she can give you the zip to the zap-zop.
这下我听懂了
Now, that I understand.
她为什么一开始不说明白
Why didn't she say that in the first place?
萨姆 给你加八次机会
Sam, you get eight more chances.
我能用掉其中一次机会 说奈尔是很优秀的记者吗
Can I just use one of those chances to say that Nell is a really great writer?
她一定是
Hm. Well, she must be.
我收到了很多反馈邮件 赞美她写的讣告
I've been getting a lot of e-mails to the editor praising her obituaries.
出于某种原因 你让我们的读者产生了共鸣
- What? - For some reason, you've really connected with our readers.
什么 等等 真的吗
What? Wait. Really?
是的 而且大部分人都说了同样的话
Yes. And most of them say the same thing--
你好像真的了解你在写的那个人
that it really seems like you actually know the person that you've been writing about.
所以我需要你继续做好你的工作
Which is why I need you to do your job.
除非你不想干了 那我可以划掉...
Unless, of course, you don't want it, and then I can just go right back here and--
别呀 她想要这份工作 奈尔 点头
No, no, no, she wants it. Nell, nod.
点头了 好了 我们走吧 谢谢你
Up and down, there we go. Let's go, let's go. Thank you.
你有没有想过把表扬集结成书
Oh, you know what? Did you ever think about putting together a book of praises?
你有没有想过把你那些糟糕的主意 集结成书
Did you ever think about making a book of bad ideas?
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你救了我一命 我就是...
Thanks for saving my ass. I just-- I--
真不敢相信你愿意为了我用掉一次机会
I can't believe you were gonna give up one of your chances for me.
你开玩笑吗 她的孩子咬了我的孩子 所以我有无限次机会
Are you kidding? Her kid bit my kid. So I actually have unlimited chances.
-好赞 -是吧
- Nice! - I know, right?
我猜...我一直执着于追求不曾拥有的东西
I guess I-- I just get so caught up in what I'm not doing
以至于我没有意识到 我拥有的已经足够好了
that I don't realize I'm doing something... good.
是啊 你确实有这毛病
Yeah, you gotta do that sometimes.
-真的 -我有吗
- Yeah. You do. - I do?
你好像觉得握在手里的还不够
It's like you don't think you're far enough along,
所以你总是迫不及待想抓住更多
so you just jump into something else.
刚才就是个例子
You just did it with this.
当初你为了菲利普放弃一切
And you kinda did it when you dropped everything
义无反顾地离开这里 也是如此
and moved your entire life for Phillip.
所以 也许是时候静下心来 享受你正在做的事
So maybe it's time to just, like, be patient and enjoy where you're at.
-这里吗 -是的 就在这里
Here? This place? Yes, here in this place, you know,
跟我一起
with me.
我也许会说莱克西这门“外语” 但我的母语是奈尔
Look, I may speak Lexi, but you know my first language is Nell.
-爱你 -爱你
Love you.
不用谢
You're welcome.
谢你什么 你差点害我丢了工作
For what? You almost made me lose my job.
或者 我有没有促使你追求你想要的成功
Or did I make you want the success you got?
你快累死我了
You're exhausting.
我六个前夫中的五个都说过这句话
Five out of my six ex-husbands said the same thing.
我真的很开心能写你的讣告
I'm genuinely excited to write about you.
是的 我们就从你第一次意识到 你有这个天赋开始
Yeah. Let's start with how you first realized you had this talent.
剧集 | 老娘还没死(2023) | 导航列表