Are you playing cards now?
-是的 -你还常赢吗
- Yeah. - Are you still winning?
是的 还是常赢 一直有得打
Yeah, I'm still winning. The game ain't over.
是拉米纸牌吗
Is it Rummy?
不 是"洗发水"
No, it's, uh... Shampoo.
洗发水
Shampoo?
这个游戏名字就叫这个 洗发水
That's what the game is called. Shampoo.
好吧
Oh, OK.
那你不用担心 史蒂文
You don't have to worry, then, Steven,
因为你的头发用不着洗发水 所以...
because you have no hair to shampoo, so...
和桑迪在一起...
You know, with Sandy, kind of...
我们这六年过得很好
we had a perfect six years, you know?
从来不争吵 我们相处得非常愉快
There was no arguing, no nothing, and we got along great.
很愉快
Excellent.
她令我心情愉快 我也一直让她愉快
She made me feel good, and I made her feel good all the time,
一切都很好
and everything was good.
但是最近两年 这两年多以来
But these last two years, a little over two years,
我们的关系遭遇了波折
it's been on the rocks.
没有什么地方能像家一样
除了奶奶家
她说 她的年纪对我来说太大了
She's talking about, you know, she's too old for me
我需要找和我年龄差不多的人
and I need somebody my own age.
她跟我说这个可能有无数次了吧
She threw that up at me, oh, probably a million times.
进了沃潘监狱后 他想要结婚
After he moved to Waupun, he had wanted to get married,
他已经想好要怎么做 并且对此很高兴
and he had figured out how to do it and was happy about it.
妈妈
你让每头野兽都露出微笑
但我觉得这不是个好主意
But I didn't think it was a good idea.
我的身体不是很好
I had health issues.
我不知道未来我会发生什么情况
I didn't know what was gonna happen to me.
这是一个很大的问题
It was a big question.
我们的宗教信仰也不同
And we did have religious differences,
我们对此也产生过很多次争论
and we had been going round and round about that.
她想要离开我
She was trying to pull away
有一段时间没有出现
and she didn't come up for a while.
然后她的健康状况也不太好
And then her health ain't good.
她不想让我为此担心
She didn't want me to worry about it.
我一直跟她说 "我的目标就是要结婚"
And I always told her, "That's what I'm for, you know?
"我们应该沟通 你要跟我谈谈这些事情"
We're supposed to be talking and tell me all of this stuff."
今天我们要讲述一个充满戏剧转折的故事
Today we're talking about a story full of twists and turns.
2016年1月
《菲尔医生》
我没看节目 去吃了饭
I didn't see it. Went to chow.
下节看点
其他人看了节目并且告诉了我
Everybody else seen it and told me.
桑迪 我听他说 如果他出狱
Sandy, I've heard him say that if he was out,
菲尔医生
日间独家
如果他能够出狱
if he was able to get out,
他想要远离尘嚣 去森林里住
he would love to go off and live in the woods.
这是你们在他出狱后计划要做的吗
Is that what the two of you plan to do if he is released?
这曾经是我们的计划
That had been our plan,
但是我已经解除了婚约
however, I have broken the engagement.
我很不想在直播中说 但确实解除了
I hate to say this on air, but I did.
他出狱后我们也不知道会发生什么
We don't know what will happen when he gets out.
事情毫无转圜了 因为她告诉了所有人
That was the sure thing because she told everybody.
她告诉了全世界
She told the whole world.
同狱犯人说 "我们在电视上看到你了"
The other inmates, they said, "Oh, we seen you on TV.
"看起来桑迪和你分手了"
Looks like Sandy broke up with you."
我不想结束我们的关系
I didn't want to break our relationship.
我只是不想在那个时刻嫁给他
I just wanted not to marry him right then.
那是我说过的最糟糕的话 我很后悔
That was the worst thing I could have said, and I regret it...
太后悔了
so much.
这改变了史蒂文原先的计划
That changed Steven's plans.
现在他的计划变成了
And so now his plans are just,
"我不知道发生了什么"
"I don't know what's happening.
"我们本来有计划的 而你打破了计划"
You know, we had our plans, and you broke them."
那个时候我开始明白我没有未来
That's where I kind of knew that there was no future.
我当时觉得未来将会是我的末日
You know, I thought that future was gonna go to the end.
但是琳恩很不一样
But with Lynn, it's... it's different.
琳恩是我的新女友
Lynn is my new girlfriend.
她给我写信
She wrote me.
我记得那大概是在二月
I think it was February or something.
她因为离婚也陷入了人生低谷
She was down in the dumps because she got her divorce.
然后我给她回信 让她心情好了一点
Then I wrote her back and made her feel better,
随后我俩就这样交往起来
and it's been like that ever since.
我在墙上挂上了她的照片
I got pictures of her on the wall.
我的墙上还有其他女人的照片
And I had other women up there,
我得把其他女人的照片取下来
and I had to take the other women down
因为这感觉不对
because it didn't feel right.
她走进了我的内心
She's just stuck in me.
售卖♥♥棕色有机蛋
一打2美元
没接到
Missed it.
-你有时间吗 -有
- You got a minute? - Yeah.
到底是谁...
Who in the hell...?
查克·埃弗里
史蒂文的哥哥
我刚漏接了一个电♥话♥
I just missed a phone call.
为什么
How?
我刚才在给另一间开门
I was opening up the other door.
外面真是凉快舒服
Oh, it's nice and cool out here.
你昨天接到六个电♥话♥吗
What'd you get, six phone calls yesterday?
没有什么事的话 我准备...
Well, if there ain't nothing, I'm gonna...
去修那辆车上的散热器了
start on that radiator on that Bug.
埃弗里汽车修理
可能是一个黄铜零件
It might be a brass one.
阿伦·埃弗里
史蒂文的父亲
-不 那是... -等一下
- No, that's-- -No, wait a minute.
这是...铅做的
That's... that's lead.
-这是铅 -好的
- That's lead. - OK.
这些都可以扔了
All of this can go.
这些零件都可以扔了
All of this here can go.
-我以为这些都是没用的 -是的
- Yeah, I just thought it was junk. - Yeah.
-我昨天和他谈了 -什么
- Now, I talked to him yesterday. - Yeah?
这些泵...
On them pumps...
一个两美元
two dollars apiece.
我们把这些卖♥♥了 扔了它们
We'll scrap them, get rid of them.
-他就给你这个价格吗 -就这价格
- That's all he'll give you, huh? - That's it.
这些零件比这价格值钱
And they're worth more than that,
尤其是有黄铜的零件
especially the ones with copper in them.
有黄铜的零件肯定要比两美元值钱
The ones with copper are worth more than two dollars.
因为这里面的黄铜有一磅重 是不是
Because there's a pound of copper in there, ain't there?
-有一些是 -是的
- On some, yeah. - Yeah.
孩子们把一些车给压碎了
The boys just crushed some cars.
我们为了生计有时必须这样做
We got to do that every once in a while to survive.
这里曾经都是...
This used to be all full here...
厄尔·埃弗里
史蒂文的哥哥
我们的一些旧道奇卡车
um, with some of our older Dodge trucks,
那种上世纪四十五十年代的道奇卡车
like, uh, in the '40s and the '50s, Dodge trucks.
我们过去在这一片有一排车
We used to have a whole bunch all in here.
很多旧的雪佛兰卡车
And, uh, like, a lot of our older Chevy trucks
55年56年的雪佛兰
were '55, '56 Chevys.
它们是我们糊口的家伙 因为车子里就有钱
That's our bread and butter because there's money there.
我是指汽车零件里的铬
I mean, the chrome on them.
再也找不到这样的汽车零件了
You can't find this stuff no more.
我们是附近唯一拥有这种零件的修理厂
And we were the only ones around that had it.
现在我们也没有了
Now we don't got it.
剩下的都被清走了
The rest of this is cleared right out.
全部都清空了
Everything is cleared right out.
仿佛这里从来没有车
Just like there were no cars here.
他们狠狠地击垮了我们
They sure took us down, and bad.
他们毁了我们的生意
They wrecked our business.
媒体 电视 广播
The media, TV, radio.
埃弗里废车场成瞩目焦点
Avery's Auto Salvage is the focus--
新闻到处写着"埃弗里废车场"
That's all you saw. "Avery's Auto Salvage."
埃弗里废车场
拖车 24小时营业
很多人自从那件事之后