Yeah, that's true. It would be a lot of trips.
我们会帮他实现的
Well, we're gonna help him get that.
我只有一个目标
I have one goal,
就是为史蒂文·埃弗里翻案
and that's to vacate the conviction of Steven Avery.
为了达成目标 我用的步骤比较复杂
The steps I have to take to do that are more involved.
但简而言之 我必须削弱他的判决的可信度
But in a nutshell, I have to undermine confidence in his verdict.
削弱判决的可信度
我削弱判决可信度的方式是找到新的证据
The way I undermine confidence is I find new evidence
新证据
来证明判决是错误的
that shows that the verdict wasn't correct.
我要证明他的宪法权利受到侵犯
I show that there were violations of his constitutional rights,
宪法权利受到侵犯
有一些可以证明他无罪的证据
that there was exculpatory evidence
布雷迪违规
扣留证据
被检方隐瞒了
that was concealed by the prosecution,
我们称之为布雷迪违规
what we call Brady violations,
律师协助不力
辩护表现
或律师协助不力
or ineffective assistance of counsel,
也就是辩护律师没有履行自己的职责
that the defense attorneys didn't do their job.
首先要做的事是
The first thing that you do
科学检测动议
发起新的科学检测动议
is file a motion for new scientific testing,
如果它存在的话 我相信它确实存在
if that exists, and I believe it does.
这将允许我进行
That will allow me to have scientific testing done
科学检测
之前没做过的科学检测
that was not done previously.
测试结果
一旦测试结果出来
Once those test results come in,
我会把这些结果和我正在做的新调查放在一起
then I combine that with the new investigation that I'm doing
提起裁后上诉
into what's called a postconviction petition.
裁后上诉
在提交申请后 法♥院♥将裁定
Then, after that's filed, the court will decide
我是否提供了足够的证据
if I have presented enough evidence
要举♥行♥一次证据聆讯
to justify what's called an evidentiary hearing.
证据聆讯
我把证据聆讯视为第二次审判
I see an evidentiary hearing almost like a second trial.
这就是我的设想
That's what I'm envisioning.
这个聆讯将有证人出席
So, then we have a hearing, we call witnesses,
但是没有陪审团
but we don't have a jury.
只有一位法官倾听一切
We just have a judge listening to everything.
我们展示所有证据
We present all the evidence.
我们展示所有的新证据
We present all the new evidence,
新的调查 任何新证人
the reinvestigation, any new witnesses,
我们发现的任何被检方
any evidence that's been concealed
所隐瞒的证据
by the prosecution that we've discovered.
我们会展示一切
We present all of that.
如果辩方想在他们的辩护中
If the defense wants to put forth their defense
汤姆·法♥伦♥
史蒂文·埃弗里的预审聆讯
2007年1月19日
提出他们今天的诉状中所暗示的内容
that they're suggesting and implying in their pleadings today,
那就请他们后果自负吧
then they do so at their peril.
助理检察长汤姆·法♥伦♥仍然是埃弗里一案的特别检察官
特别检察官肯·克拉兹于2010年辞职
2010年9月17日
肯·克拉兹
卡柳梅特县地方检察官
2009年10月下旬
During late October of 2009,
我曾给一名家暴受害者
I had engaged in an exchange of text messages
发送过短♥信♥
with a domestic abuse victim.
突发新闻
律师肯·克拉兹辞职
卡柳梅特县
我的行为是不恰当的
My behavior was inappropriate.
诺姆·加恩于2015年退休
但已经被重新指派为埃弗里一案的特别检察官
诺姆·加恩
史蒂文·埃弗里的庭审新闻发布会
2007年3月5日
这里有两名警官被指控犯有可怕的罪行
Here are two officers who are accused of something just terrible.
这真是太可怕了 如果他们伪造了证据
That's terrible that they would plant evidence
试图陷害某人
and try and frame someone
并且完全忽略了
and basically ignore whoever
谋杀特瑞莎·海尔贝克的真凶
it may have been that murdered Teresa Halbach.
加恩是包括法♥伦♥和肯·克拉兹在内的
Gahn was part of the team that included Fallon and Ken Kratz
最初在2005年
that originally prosecuted
特瑞莎·海尔贝克一案中起诉史蒂文·埃弗里
Steven Avery and his nephew Brendan Dassey
和他的外甥布兰登·戴西的团队一员
for the 2005 murder of Teresa Halbach.
负责审判埃弗里一案的帕特里克·威利斯法官于2012年退休
因为本案的审判法官已经退休
Because the trial judge in this case has retired,
威斯康星州法庭体系
马尼托沃克县巡回法庭
已退休
本案已被指派了一位希博伊根县的法官
a Sheboygan County judge has been assigned to it.
今天我和法官办公室谈过
I spoke with the judge's office today
希博伊根县巡回法庭
并被告知目前没有
and was told there was no timetable or schedule
进一步的时间表和计划
for what would happen next.
我是安吉拉·苏特基维奇法官
I'm Judge Angela Sutkiewicz.
我作为犯罪被害人♥权♥利委员会的成员已经六年了
I was a member of the Crime Victims Rights Board for six years,
安吉拉·苏特基维奇法官
希博伊根县巡回法庭法官
所以我在这个委员会里真的学到了很多东西
so I really carry a lot of what I learned on that board with me.
希博伊根县法♥院♥
在刑事案件中我尝试进行互动
I try to be interactive in criminal cases,
希博伊根县法♥院♥
确保受害人能够发声
make sure that the victim's voice is heard,
提出他们受到的影响
make mention of the impact on them,
在被告表现良好时
praise defendants
希博伊根县法♥院♥
对他们进行表扬
when they have turned things around and done well.
我想如果人们知道你真正在听他们说的话
I think if people know that you've really listened to them,
你已经读过了你面前的一切
you've read everything that's come before you,
你了解他们的案情
you know about their case,
你不只是说 "因为我说了算"
you didn't just come out and say, "It's because I said so,"
你给出一个合理的决定 并向他们解释
you give a reasoned decision and you explain it to them,
即使他们与你意见不同
even if they disagree with you,
我认为他们也更可能会满意地离开
I think they're a lot more likely to go away happy.
希博伊根的法官
The judge in Sheboygan,
我以前跟她有过节
you know, I had the problem with her before
在我当年处理我的案子的时候
when I was working on my case on my own.
那是2013年
It was 2013.
威斯康星州 监狱局 成人监狱司
威斯康星州安全计划设施
我当时还在博斯科贝尔监狱
I was still at Boscobel.
她负责处理我的974.06动议申请
She had my 974.06, the motion,
威斯康星州法庭体系
希博伊根县巡回法庭
2013年裁后上诉
在同一时间
and she was looking at that
她还在处理
at the same time that
针对我和布兰登的
she was looking at the Halbachs' wrongful death suit
非正常死亡诉讼案
海尔贝克非正常死亡诉讼案
against me and Brendan.
我以为 那件案子会由一个不同的法官审理
I thought, maybe it'd go to a different judge...
但两个案子都是她负责
but she got them both.
但后来海尔贝克家提出撤销
But then the Halbachs put in for a dismissal
在非正常死亡诉讼案中对我的指控
on the wrongful death suit against me.
这个法官 她认为也许我应该...
The judge, she thought maybe I should pay...
对他们家进行补偿之类的
pay some money to them and everything else,
所以她想继续保留指控
so she wanted to keep it open,
她不想放过我
and she didn't want to let it go.
看起来她根本不为我考虑 也不是为了正义
It didn't seem like she was for me at all, or for justice.
这就是我的感受
That's the way I felt, you know?
有一天 我起来说 "太久了"
One day, I got up and said, "Well, this has been too long.
"已经有一年多了"
It's been over a year already."
所以 我向上诉法♥院♥提出上诉的时候
So, that's when I filed in the Court of Appeals.
我告诉他们她有偏见
I told them that she was being biased
因为海尔贝克家提出撤销指控 她却不肯
because the Halbachs put in for a dismissal, and she won't do it.
然后 当我这样做之后 只用了几个星期
And then when I did that, it only took a couple weeks.
我收到了一封法♥院♥的信
I got a letter in the mail from the courts
信中说都处理了 她签署了一些文件
that it was all dismissed, that she signed the papers then.
所以那次是我赢了
So I won that.
削弱判决的可信度
宪法权利受到侵犯
裁后上诉
新证据
科学检测动议
科学检测
检测结果
宪法权利受到侵犯
布雷迪违规
扣留证据
律师协助不力
辩护表现
苏特基维奇法官
证据聆讯
你现在还打牌吗