剧集 | 乔治·詹特利探案(2008) | 导航列表
So I told her the truth.
我 21 岁,刚结婚一年,几个月都没有彼得的消息。
I was 21, barely married a year and
I hadn't heard from Peter in months.
我以为他死了。
I thought he was dead.
我一个人,孤单,而你♥爸♥爸...
I was alone, lonely, and your dad...
我们坠入爱河。
We fell in love.
我不明白。
I don't understand.
彼得不是乔的父亲。
Peter's not Joe's dad.
不。
No.
乔是你的兄弟,宠物。
Joe's your brother, pet.
这只是……为什么没有人希望我们在一起?!
This is just... Why does nobody want
us to be together?!
因为我说的是实话。汉娜,宠物,过来。
Because I'm telling you the truth.
Hannah, pet, come here.
别碰我!离我远点!
Don't touch me! Get away from me!
我永远不会忘记她是怎么看我的。
I'll never forget how
she looked at me.
你能想象那种感觉,不得不告诉她吗?
Can you imagine what it felt like,
having to tell her that?
彼得从来没有怀疑过?
Peter never suspected?
他会回到他心爱的妻子身边。
He'd come home to his adoring wife.
我怎么能告诉他没有什么可回来的?
How could I tell him there was
nothing to come back to?
从战争中回来的第一个晚上,
First night back from the war,
他告诉我,我是唯一让他坚持下去的人。
he told me I was the only thing
that kept him going.
亚瑟说我们不得不停止见面——
Arthur said we had to stop
seeing each other -
他不会那样对彼得。
he wouldn't do that to Peter.
我没走多远。
I wasn't far gone.
就彼得而言,乔只是来的有点早,仅此而已。
As far as Peter was concerned, Joe
just came a bit early, that's all.
你确定彼得从来不知道吗?
Are you sure that Peter never knew?
我们曾经...
We've had...
Gently 先生,我们已经度过了 26 年美好时光。
We've had 26 good years, Mr Gently.
所以...昨晚晚些时候,你去追汉娜?
So...later last night,
you went after Hannah?
我不能就这样离开她,不能处于那种状态。
I couldn't just leave her,
not in that state.
汉娜?!
Hannah?!
汉娜?!
Hannah?!
汉娜?汉娜?
Hannah? Hannah?
汉娜,宠物,是玛格丽特。我能进来吗?
Hannah, pet, it's Margaret.
Can I come in?
哦,不,宠物。不好了...
Oh, no, pet. Oh, no...
我从来没有想过要走到这一步。
I never meant it to come to this.
我理解了。
I can see that.
我明白为什么亚瑟不顾一切地要把汉娜带走。
I can see why Arthur was desperate
to take Hannah away.
乔知道,我必须告诉他。
Joe knows, I had to tell him.
他说什么?我很害怕,玛格丽特,他会做什么。
What did he say? I'm scared,
Margaret, of what he'll do.
他说什么?!
What did he say?!
他哭了,心烦意乱,说他不应该这样。
He was crying, upset, said that he
should never have been.
从未存在过。这一切都是因为他。
Never existed. That all this is
because of him.
说他注定要死。
Said he was meant to be dead.
他应该死在坑里而不是我爸爸。
That he should have
died in the pit and not me dad.
我爸不应该救他。乔现在在哪里?
That me dad should never have saved
him. Where's Joe now?
他去了坑里。
He's gone to the pit.
我们要不要找彼得?是的。
Shall we get Peter? Yes.
- 我们为什么要这样做,Guv?- 唔?
- Why are we doing this, Guv?
- Hmm?
如果他想自杀,那我们就该让他死。
If he wants to kill himself
then we should bloody let him.
这不是它的工作方式,是吗?
It's not how it works, is it, eh?
这将是某种形式的正义,不是吗?诗意,甚至。
It'd be some form of justice,
wouldn't it? Poetic, even.
或许你是对的...
Maybe you're right...
..如果乔是凶手。
..if Joe was the killer.
我们需要继续前进。
We need to get a move on.
彼得...
Peter...
..乔是杀手吗?
..is Joe a killer?
不。
No.
他会这么说,不是吗,先生?是他的儿子。不,他不是……
He's going to say that, isn't he,
sir? It's his son. No, he isn't...
是他?
Is he?
没有什么我希望是真的,但是,不,他不是。
There's nothing I wish more to be
true, but, no, he isn't.
你杀了亚瑟?
Did you kill Arthur?
是的。
Aye.
哦,彼得。
Oh, Peter.
乔!
Joe!
乔!
Joe!
乔!不要下来这里!
Joe! Don't come down here!
你呆在那里。乔!
You stay there. Joe!
乔!
Joe!
看,别管我!
Look, leave me alone!
乔,这一切都不是你的错。
Joe, none of this is your fault.
古夫,没有。
Guv, no.
咕……咕……什么!?
Guv... Guv... What!?
我不会让你这样做的。这是愚蠢的。
I'm not letting you do this.
This is stupid.
你冒着生命危险做什么?你没有什么可以证明的。
What are you risking your life for?
You've got nothing to prove.
约翰,我必须这样做。
John, I've got to do this.
古夫,不,我不会让你这样做。
Guv, no, I'm not letting you do it.
乔!
Joe!
停下来!
Just stop it!
我进来了,乔。停止!
I'm coming in, Joe. Stop!
上面有人需要你,乔!
There are people up there
that need you, Joe!
我爱过她。
I loved her.
我爱过她。
I loved her.
我现在怎么看她?
How can I look at her now?
汉娜呢?
And what about Hannah?
她会有什么感觉?
How is she going to feel?
不要这么自私!
Don't be so bloody selfish!
你想让她也把你的死放在她的良心上吗?你?
Do you want her to have your death
on her conscience as well? Do you?
每个人都受够了,是吗?
Hasn't everybody suffered enough, eh?
来吧,儿子。
Come on, son.
出去!出去!
Out! Out!
彼得?
Peter?
这是怎么回事?你告诉她。
What's going on? You tell her.
我相信这一点,你可以相信我。
I believe that, and you can believe
me on that.
所以让我们继续做我们最擅长的事情,
So let's just keep doing what
we do best,
像 Burnsend 男人一直做的那样,提出肮脏的黑色东西,
bringing up the dirty black stuff,
like Burnsend men have always done,
没有比这更好的了,是吗?
and there's none
better at doing it, eh?
是的。
Aye.
这是一件勇敢的事情,你正在做——正确的事情。
It's a brave thing, you're doing -
the right thing.
你是个好人,亚瑟。我是吗?
You're a good man, Arthur. Am I?
当他为他的国家而战时,我和另一个男人的妻子睡了。
I slept with another man's wife
while he fought for his country.
对我的孩子,我的同事撒谎。
Lied to my kids, my workmates.
有时候我觉得我根本就不是人。
Sometimes I think I'm no man at all.
有什么选择?告诉乔和汉娜真♥相♥?
What's the alternative?
Tell Joe and Hannah the truth?
对过去的 26 年撒谎?
And make a lie of the last 26 years?
那时我们把其他人放在第一位,
We put everybody else
first back then,
那就是我们出错的地方。而现在为时已晚。
that's where we went wrong.
And now it's too late.
玛格丽特,他们的孩子现在才是最重要的。
Them kids is all that matters now,
Margaret.
乔和汉娜永远无法查明真♥相♥。
Joe and Hannah can never find out
the truth.
彼得也没有。
Peter neither.
多么该死的一对,嗯?
What a bloody pair, eh?
突然间,一切都变得有意义了,
Suddenly it all just made sense,
可怕的感觉,我觉得自己像个傻瓜。
horrible sense,
and I felt like a fool.
剧集 | 乔治·詹特利探案(2008) | 导航列表