剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表
我很想你们
I miss you guys.
大家都来了
And everyone's here.
不 没有都来 我们还在等弗雷泽
No. Not everyone. We're still waiting for Frazar.
弗雷泽
Wait, Frazar?
弗雷泽斯特恩斯要来 -是
Frazar Stearns is coming? -Yes.
我以为他去西点了 -是的
I thought he was at West Point. -He is.
但他现在正放假 我在歌♥剧上碰见他了
But he's on a break right now, and I ran into him at the opera.
歌♥剧 -对 所以我邀请他了
Opera! -Yeah, so I invited him.
其实正是见到了弗雷泽 才让我萌生了组织这次聚会的想法
It was actually seeing Frazar that gave me the idea to put together this reunion.
弗雷泽可是个大好人 -等不及想见他了
Frazar's such a good guy. -Can't wait to see him.
天啊 我们这帮人 重新聚在一起真是太好了 对吧
God, it's so good to have the gang back together again, right?
对
Yeah.
如果要爆发战争的话 至少我们还有彼此
And if there's a war coming, at least we have each other.
老兄 你可真会煞风景
Bro. Way to kill the mood, bro.
你是指哈珀斯费里的事吗
Are you talking about the situation down at Harpers Ferry?
是 约翰布朗
Yeah. John Brown.
约翰布朗真是糟透了
John Brown is the worst.
布朗这帮人只想摧毁一切
All those Brown Bros want is to just burn everything down.
我觉得他们也许是对的
I think they might be right.
就算他们是错的 现在已经来不及阻止他们了
Or, even if they're wrong, it's too late to stop them.
狄金森 你这是胆小怕事
Dickinson, you're being a bed-wetter.
民♥意♥调查显示没有人想打仗 而民♥意♥永远是正确的
The polls say no one wants war, and polls are never wrong.
对 我补充一句
Right. And piggybacking off of that,
我知道我说过不再做预测了
I know I said I'm out of the prediction business,
但我打赌一切都会没事的
but I bet it's all gonna be fine.
也许吧 但如果有事呢
Maybe, but what if it's not?
如果一直以来都有事呢
What if things were never fine?
如果事情必须要变得更糟 才能有所好转呢
And what if they need to get worse before they get better?
哇…各位 我有个大胆的想法
Whoa, whoa, whoa, guys, crazy idea.
如果我们每周这么搞呢 -搞什么
What if we did this every week? -Did what?
聚在一起谈论政♥治♥
Like, got together and talked about politics.
就是聚会 但同时分♥析♥政♥治♥形势什么的
Like, just hanging out but also analyzing the political situation and stuff.
如果再找个人做记录呢
And what if we got someone to record it?
把谈话内容都写下来之类的
Like write it all down or whatever,
这样人们就可以收听什么的
and then people could kind of, you know, tune in.
我们还可以打广♥告♥
We could do advertisements...
打围裙的广♥告♥
for aprons.
蓝色的围裙
Blue aprons.
刚出炉的司康饼 人人有份 还有果酱
Hot fresh scones for everyone, with jam.
你们没意识到吗 如果开战 政♥府♥会期望我们参战
Don't you guys realize if there's a war, we'll be expected to fight?
这可和我们小时候用玩具士兵玩耍不一样
This isn't like when we were kids playing with our little toy soldiers.
成千上万活生生的人会死去
Thousands of people, real people, will die.
就是像我们这样的人
People like us.
我们这一代人会被送上前线
And our generation, we'll be on the front lines.
就像亚伯拉罕林肯在大会上说的那样
It's like Abraham Lincoln said at the convention,
“一个分♥裂♥的家是没有立足之地的”
"A house divided cannot stand."
这是胡说
Oh, that's nonsense.
妈妈
Mom?
如果我能同时照顾好两场完美的茶话会
If I can find a way to serve two perfect tea parties,
那我们美国人就能想出办法 维系祖国统一
we Americans can figure out how to keep our country together.
我很好奇
You know, I'm curious
你打算如何报道哈珀斯费里这件事
how you intend to cover this whole Harpers Ferry event?
关键在于认同约翰布朗的意图 而不是他的行为
The key is endorsing John Brown's spirit but not his actions.
我们必须拉拢那些废奴主义者
See, we gotta keep those abolitionists on board
同时不能疏远了温和的、在某些情况下
whilst at the same time not alienating our moderate and, in some cases,
会倾向于南方的读者
Southern-leaning readership.
采取这一策略 《共和报》很快就会成为最大的…
With that strategy, The Republican can soon be one of the biggest papers in the--
别担心 我来清理
Not to worry. I'll get that.
不知道美国还能作为完整的国家存在多久
I wonder how much longer this will be a country.
可能很快就要变成两个国家了
It might be two countries soon.
如果是那样 我们的生意得同时做到两个国家里去
Well, if that's the case, we'll need to have a presence in both.
在这个信息爆♥炸♥的年代 吸引眼球是最关键的
In this information boom, it's all about the eyeballs.
我们需要尽可能长时间地 吸引尽可能多的读者
We need as many as possible glued to our pages for as long as possible.
经济大环境就是博取关注
It's an attention economy.
出去把门关上 老妈
Shut the door behind you, Mother.
我们在讨论国家大事
We're discussing matters of state in here.
是 爱德华
Yes, Edward.
依我看
Well, in my opinion...
如果男人更懂礼仪 也许根本就不会发生战争
maybe wars wouldn't happen if men simply had better manners.
希普利先生
Mr. Shipley.
你好 -嗨 狄夫人
Hello. -Hey, Mrs. D.
司康饼太好吃了
Those scones were dope.
谢谢你这么说
Well, thank you for saying so.
我今天非常努力
I worked so hard today.
我主办了两场完美的茶话会
I threw two impeccable tea parties,
但根本没有人注意到
but nobody even noticed.
哇…
Whoa, whoa, whoa.
开玩笑吧 我注意到了
Are you kidding? I noticed.
你是家庭女神 狄夫人
You're a domestic goddess, Mrs. D.
真心话
Honestly.
你是女人气质的完美体现
You live up to every ideal of womanhood.
你太会说话了
That's truly very kind.
谢谢 -我想娶一位像你这样的妻子
Thank you. -I want a wife just like you.
所以我才会来 我想和拉维妮亚复合
It's why I'm here trying to make up with Lavinia.
因为有其母必有其女嘛
Because who could be more like a mother than her daughter?
我以为婚约取消了
I thought the engagement was off?
听着 如果内战即将爆发 我希望有人能在战争过程中爱我
Listen. If there's a civil war coming, I want someone to love me through it.
谢谢你 希普利先生
Thank you, Mr. Shipley.
拉维妮亚 我们得谈谈
Lavinia? We need to talk.
希普 你得敲门
Ship, you need to knock.
这个国家即将爆发战争
The country is on the verge of war,
我不希望你我之间有冲突
and I don't want there to be any conflict between us.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
我们必须把关系理清 维妮
We gotta work this out, Vinnie.
你是我的完美妻子 这我知道
You're the perfect wife for me, and I know it.
我们结婚吧
Let's get married.
希普 我们分手是因为 你永远不能接受我这个人本身
Ship, we broke up because you can't ever accept me for who I am.
一会儿说我太女性 一会儿又说我太聪明
One minute I'm too sexual, the next I'm too intellectual.
你永远不会爱上真正的拉维妮亚
You'll never love the real Lavinia.
我会的 我是说 我爱 我爱你 维妮
I will. I mean, I do. I do, Vinnie.
我该如何向你证明
How can I prove it to you?
我如何才能让你知道 无论你做什么我都不会离开你
How can I show you that nothing you could ever do would turn me away?
我有个主意
I have an idea.
尝尝我的皮鞭吧
Taste my whip.
什么
What?
搞什么鬼
What the hell?
好
Yes.
之前听说你病了 我很替你难过
I was sorry to hear that you've been sick.
你现在好些了吗
Are you better now?
病了
Sick?
我明白了 原来塞缪一直是这么对大家说的
I see. That's what Sam's been telling everyone.
所以你没病
So, you haven't been sick?
身体上没有生病
Not physically, no.
所以…
So...
那是怎么回事
What then?
是这样…
You see...
我们本来今年要生个女儿的
We were going to have a baby girl this year.
但是…
But...
她夭折了
she died.
在我腹中
Inside of me.
天啊 玛丽
God, Mary.
我很遗憾
I'm so sorry.
我…
I... I just...
精神崩溃了
lost it.
那样的事…
Something like that...
那样的事我也经历过
Something like that happened to me.
我很遗憾
Oh, I'm so sorry.
我一直努力想…
It's like I have been trying...
想将这种痛苦推开
I have been trying to push the pain away.
你不必把它推开
You don't have to push it away.
剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表