剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表
当然同意
Absolutely.
能把你们两个凑在一起 我太激动了
I am just so thrilled that I could bring the two of you together.
这种感觉就好像…
Something about this feels like...
命运的安排
destiny.
好了 艾米莉
So, Emily...
你准备好了吗 -准备什么
are you ready? -For what?
让我把你展现给大家
For me to show you off.
希望这场沙龙的人能够接受我
Well, I just hope this salon is ready for me.
加油 姑娘
Get it, girl.
今晚所有人都来了
Everyone is here tonight.
有费迪南德安德鲁斯 他是《波士顿旅行家报》的编辑
There's Ferdinand Andrews, editor of the Boston Traveller.
还有哈莉特普雷斯科特斯波福德
And there's Harriet Prescott Spofford.
诗人哈莉特普雷斯科特斯波福德
Harriet Prescott Spofford, the poet?
对 她是我几年前发现的
Yes. I discovered her a few years ago.
现在人们称她为新英格兰燃烧的火百合
Now they call her the Flaming Fire Lily of New England.
不知道你会得到什么样的昵称
I wonder what your nickname will be.
我想和她聊聊
I'd love to talk to her.
看 那是桑福德吉福德
Hey, look. It's Sanford Gifford.
来 你一定得认识一下这个人 他是个优秀的画家、大混♥蛋♥
Come on, you gotta meet this guy. He's a great painter, total asshole.
(《红字》 纳撒尼尔霍桑著)
好 来吧
All right. Let's do this.
嗨 -嗨
Hey. -Hey.
我们得谈谈 -好
We need to talk. -Okay.
听着
So, listen.
我知道现在我们订婚了
I know now that we're engaged,
你认为我会成为三从四德的家庭主妇
you think that I'm gonna become this tame, obedient housewife
总是待在家里 从不参加派对
who always stays inside and never goes to parties
所有的满足感都来自于给你织补袜子
and gets all of her satisfaction in life from darning your socks.
但是你错了
But you're wrong.
我不是狄金森家无趣的那个姐妹
I am not the boring Dickinson sister.
人们根本没有意识到 但我和艾米莉很像
People don't even realize this, but I am a lot like Emily.
我既狂野又有创意
I'm wild and creative.
事实上 我比罗拉蒙泰兹更加不羁
And the truth is, I am even more outrageous than Lola Montez.
罗拉
Lola?
所以如果你认为 我们会安安静静地在家待一晚 你错了
So, if you think we're gonna have a quiet night in, you're wrong.
我需要更多
I need more than that.
我需要刺♥激♥
I need stimulation.
好 只是…我想读书
Okay. It's just-- I'm trying to read.
为什么
Why?
如果我要娶狄金森家的人 我得有文化才行
Well, if I'm gonna marry a Dickinson, I gotta get educated.
所以你决定从这本书开始
So, that's what you picked to start?
《红字》
The Scarlet Letter?
是 为什么不呢
Yeah. Why not?
老实说 这本书挺差劲的
Honestly, it's kind of trashy.
好吧 那它是讲什么的
Okay. Well, so, what is it about?
讲一位叫做海丝特白兰的女人
Well, it's about this woman, Hester Prynne,
她住在殖民地时期的波士顿
who lives in colonial Boston.
她相信丈夫淹死了
And she believes that her husband has drowned,
于是她和一位牧师展开了婚外情
so she has this affair with a minister.
她爱上了他并怀上了他的孩子
And she falls in love with him, and she gets pregnant.
但这时她的丈夫回来了 她被当众羞辱
But then her husband comes back, and so she's publicly shamed
被迫戴上标志通奸的红色A字
and forced to wear a scarlet letter "A" as a symbol of her adultery.
好吧 是 听起来确实比较无聊
Okay. So, yeah, I guess that does sound pretty dull.
知道吗 希普 -什么
You know what, Ship? -What?
小说不无聊
It isn't dull.
它不怕引发争议 不循规蹈矩、不正派、不检点
It isn't safe or prim or proper or well-behaved.
其实很猥亵
Actually, it's ribald.
我不知道这个词什么意思
Don't know what that means.
好吧
Okay.
别去想什么智慧沙龙了
Forget the intellectual salon.
知道我们今晚要做些什么吗
You know what we're gonna do tonight?
什么
What?
我们要上一堂小型英语课
We're gonna have a little English lesson.
桑福德 你这臭小子 见到你真好
Sanford, you bastard. Great to see you.
真难得 你身上竟然没有颜料
And for once, you're not covered in paint.
听着 我想让你认识个人
Listen, there's someone I want you to meet.
惊人的诗人新秀 艾米莉狄金森
An astounding new poet, Emily Dickinson.
这个月的新口味
Your new flavor of the month?
她的流行期会远超一个月
She's gonna be around a lot longer than a month.
她的诗特别棒
Her poems are magical.
它们就像小小的蚂蚁窝
They're like these tiny little anthills
突然像火山一般猛烈地爆发
that suddenly explode with the force of a volcano.
这是别人对我的最高评价了
That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me.
恭喜你 这位…
Congratulations, Miss...
我姓狄金森
Dickinson.
你似乎正是他喜欢的类型
You seem like just his type.
你是做什么的
And what do you do?
他是位艺术家 才华横溢的艺术家
He's an artist. A brilliant artist.
他的意思是我的画能卖♥♥很多钱
He just means my paintings sell for a lot of money.
你都画些什么
And what exactly do you paint?
主要画哈德逊河
Mostly just the Hudson River.
桑福德是新涌现的 哈德逊河画派中的重要人物
Sanford is a major figure in the new Hudson River school.
他对光的诠释完全是开创性的
He's doing totally new things with the light.
对 我就是这么对人们说的
Yeah, that's what I tell them.
“关键在于光线”
"Oh, it's about the light."
人们只要一听见“关键在于光线”
As soon as they hear, "It's about the light,"
就愿意出大价钱
that's when they cough up the big bucks.
每个艺术家都需要一个赞助人
Well, every artist needs a patron.
鲍尔斯先生是你的赞助人吗
Is Mr. Bowles your patron?
不 他是我的…
No. He's my...
编辑
editor.
听着不错 我喜欢
I like the sound of that.
很好 因为我还有大量的诗要给你
Well, good. Because I have a lot more poems to give you,
我希望你能把它们全部发表
and I hope you publish them all.
我很期待读你的诗
I look forward to reading them.
多好啊
How nice.
顺便说一句 鲍尔斯 路易莎普拉特小姐向你问好
By the way, Bowles, Miss Louisa Pratt sends her regards.
是吗
Oh. Does she?
她非常享受你们共度的时光
She really enjoyed the time you spent together
就是你最近去华盛顿州这次
on your recent trip to Washington.
我也很享受 我们相处得很开心
Well, I enjoyed it too. We had a great time.
艾米莉 要添酒水吗
Emily, wanna get a refill?
是 当然了 我知道你的注意力持续时间有多短
Oh, yes, by all means. I know how short your attention span is.
去吧 去交际吧
Go ahead, go mingle.
其实我得去找苏了
I actually need to go find Sue.
艾米莉 等等… -给她带个好
Emily, wait-- -Tell her I said hello.
这些有钱人总是不断地买♥♥我的画
These rich people just keep buying my paintings.
我给你们的围裙呢
What happened to the aprons I gave you to wear?
弄脏了
Got them dirty.
我让你们帮助哈蒂为来宾服务
I asked you to help out Hattie with serving our guests.
苏
Sue.
姑娘们 不如你们去客厅吧
Girls, why don't you go into the parlor?
自己拿点起司吃
Help yourself to some cheese.
那是给来宾准备的 -苏
That's for the guests. -Sue.
你不能那样对她们说话
You can't talk to them like that.
如果她们行为不当 我就必须这样对她们说话
That's how I have to talk to them if they misbehave.
我本以为你会怜悯她们
You know, I would think that you would feel sorry for them.
你之前成了孤儿 没有人照顾你
You were orphaned and you had no one to take care of you.
我不想有人提醒我想起此事 奥斯丁
And I don't want to be reminded of that, Austin.
我和她们处境一样时 别人让我做什么我就做什么
When I was in their situation, I did the work I was told to do.
我没有和善意收留我的人对抗
I didn't antagonize the people who were kind enough to let me in.
你认为这是善意
You think this is kind?
不是所有人都像狄金森一家如此娇生惯养
You know, not everyone grows up as spoiled as the Dickinsons.
和那两个女孩不一样 我甚至连支撑我的遗产都没有
Unlike those girls, I didn't even have an inheritance to fall back on.
这栋房♥子的钱是她们的遗产在出
Their inheritance is paying for this house.
她们不是来当我们的仆人的
They're not here to be our servants.
多亏了她们的钱 我们才有房♥子住
It's thanks to their money that we even have a roof over our heads.
如果是这样 那你就是那个占便宜的人
Well, if that's the case, then you're the one taking advantage.
狄金森先生
Mr. Dickinson.
打扰了 -亨利
I beg your pardon. -Henry.
你需要什么吗
剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表