剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表
好吧
Okay.
三、二、一 晚上好 我是艾米莉狄金森
Three, two, one. Good evening. I'm Emily Dickinson.
你们认出我了
You recognized me?
是…我是艾米莉伊丽莎白狄金森
Yes. Yes, I am Emily Elizabeth Dickinson.
我的诗即将发表 对 我知道 这是很…
I'm getting published, yes. Yes, I know, it's quite a--
大家好
Hey, guys.
你真美
You look great.
是吗
I do?
你看起来应该上头版
You look like someone who should be on the front page.
是时候了
This is it.
准备好了吗
You ready?
准备好放眼世界并被世人所见了吗
Are you ready to see and be seen?
希望如此
I hope so.
光希望可不够
Well, hope isn't good enough.
你必须自信满满
You need to know it.
看看你自己
Look at yourself.
看看你自己 对自己说
Look at yourself and say,
“这是我值得拥有的
"I deserve this.
是我自己挣来的
I earned it.
是我光芒四射的时候了”
It's now my time to shine."
《狄金森》
《禁果的味道》
你觉得如何
What do you think?
很体面
Very respectable.
很好
Exactly.
我更喜欢你金色的裙子
I like your gold dress better.
但今晚不能穿
But not for tonight.
今晚我的衣着要表达出
Tonight, I need something that says,
“我一直在忙着 阅读和思考深刻、智慧的东西
"I was too busy reading and thinking profound intellectual thoughts
甚至没有时间考虑如何穿衣打扮”
to even consider getting dressed up."
我觉得你表达出了这个意思
I think you're making that statement.
但是还缺点什么
But it needs something.
把那个给我
Hand me those.
你得戴眼镜吗
Do you need spectacles?
根本不用 我的视力其实很完美
Not at all. I actually have perfect vision.
但眼镜显得我聪明 不是吗
But don't they make me look smart?
今晚将会是一场智慧的盛宴
Tonight is going to be an intellectual thrill ride.
我们有一位非常优秀的讲者
We have a very impressive speaker.
最关键的是 今晚塞缪鲍尔斯会和艾米莉一起出席
And to top it all off, Sam Bowles will be here tonight. With Emily.
这是他们首次公开亮相
This will be their very first public appearance
是他同意发表她的诗之后第一次
since he agreed to publish her poem.
人们会谈论的话题是
You know, people are going to talk about the fact
塞缪鲍尔斯是在我的那场沙龙上 发现了艾米莉狄金森
that it was my salon where Sam Bowles discovered Emily Dickinson.
是我帮他发现了她
Where I helped him discover her.
我是引领时尚的人 哈蒂
I'm a tastemaker, Hattie.
我成就了
And now I've put together
可能是有史以来最伟大的文学搭档之一
what could be one of the greatest literary partnerships in history.
大巴灵顿的家庭主妇们有这种成就吗
Are the housewives of Great Barrington doing that?
不 我觉得没有
No, I don't think so.
没错
That's right.
我相信客人们已经来了
Now, I'm sure people are already here.
等等 你确定不♥穿♥这条裙子吗
Wait, are you sure you don't wanna wear this?
它太美了 而且来自纽约
I mean, it's just so beautiful and from New York.
哈蒂 我已经告诉你了 这身衣着不适合今晚
Hattie, I already told you. It's not the right look for tonight.
而且… -怎么
And besides... -Yeah?
我不能让人看到我同样的裙子穿两次
I can't be seen in the same dress twice.
你们好 家人们
Hello, family.
我要去苏和奥斯丁家
I am headed over to Sue and Austin's.
我要不要换身衣服
Should I change?
不…你很美 简直光芒四射
No, no. You look beautiful. Ravishing, in fact.
谁知道呢 也许你今晚能吸引某位男士的目光
Who knows? Maybe you'll catch some man's eye tonight.
我已经对你能嫁出去彻底死心了
I'd given up every hope of you ever getting married,
但是拉维妮亚最近订婚 我们家可谓喜事连连
but with Lavinia's recent engagement, we're on a winning streak.
你们没有人想来参加派对吗
Doesn't anyone else wanna come to the party?
我想去 但是…
I do, but--
绝对不行
Absolutely not.
苏和奥斯丁的生活方式非常堕落
Sue and Austin are living a very decadent lifestyle,
我是十分反对的
and I simply don't approve of it.
这不是狄金森家的作风 也不是诺克罗斯家的作风
It's not the Dickinson way. And it wasn't the Norcross way either.
不 我们不参加派对
No, we're not going to the party.
我们要做狄金森家做的事
We're doing the thing that Dickinsons do,
即非常安静地坐在家里想自己的事
which is to stay at home and sit very quietly with our own thoughts.
你妈说得对
What she said.
今晚安静地待在家里 宝贝
A quiet night in, baby.
看小说放松
Novels and chill.
那我去了
Well, I'm gonna go.
玩开心点 亲爱的
Have fun, dear.
请记下他们在香槟酒上花了多少钱
And please, take notes on how much money they're spending on champagne.
你们两个都是牧师
So, you're both ministers?
我很想知道今晚的讲者是谁
I'm eager to see who the lecturer is tonight.
我和丹尼尔上周在哈德维克的一场沙龙 看见一位风琴演奏者 令人惊叹
Daniel and I saw an organist at a salon in Hardwick last week. Stunning.
不是吗 亲爱的
Wasn't it, dear?
不知道 当时场面有些不敬
I don't know. It was slightly irreverent.
我喜爱沙龙文化
I just love salon culture.
人们交换哲学观点 遇到新的智力挑战
Exchanging philosophical ideas. Encountering new intellectual challenges.
是智者的生活
The life of the mind.
我以为你这些是从我的布道中得来的
I thought you got all that from my sermons.
是啊 对 正是如此
Oh, no, yeah. I do. I totally do.
大家好 是我 我的诗要发表了
Hello, everybody. It's me. I am getting published.
发表在书里吗
Like, in a book?
发表在《春田共和报》上
Well, The Springfield Republican.
塞缪鲍尔斯要发表我的一首诗
Sam Bowles is publishing one of my poems.
艾米莉 你要出名了
Emily, you're gonna be, like, famous.
我想说一句 我一直是这位最忠实的粉丝
Okay, can I just say, I have always been the biggest fan of this one.
是吗 -艾米莉 我们是闺蜜
Have you? -Emily, we're best friends.
我不认为我们单独说过话
I don't think we've ever spoken one-on-one.
你知道塞缪鲍尔斯 会和所有他给发表作品的女人上♥床♥吗
Did you know Sam Bowles sleeps with all the women he publishes?
你说什么呢他结婚了
What are you talking about? He's married.
我喜欢她 她好守旧
Oh, I love her. She's so old-fashioned.
不 他很爱他老婆
No, he adores his wife.
他老婆从来不在他身边
His wife who's never with him.
他似乎没少四处拈花惹草
He does seem to do his fair share of gallivanting.
是 在新英格兰到处寻觅女性作家
Oh, yeah. All over New England, on the hunt for female writers.
这么说有失公允
Okay, that's not fair.
若男人不能对发表女性作品感兴趣
If men can't be interested in publishing women,
那女性的作品该如何得到发表
then how are women ever supposed to get published?
谁说女性的作品应该得到发表 我认为这是很可耻的
Who says women should be published? I think it's scandalous.
你们都看错塞缪了
You guys are wrong about Sam.
他只是一位优秀的编辑 对才华很有眼光
He's just a great editor who has an eye for talent.
天才来了
There's my genius.
艾米莉狄金森 头版诗人
Emily Dickinson, front-page poet.
你向大家公布重磅消息了吗 -是的 公布了
Have you told everyone the big news? -Yes. Yes, I have.
塞缪 这太令人激动了
Oh, Sam, it's so exciting.
不如你的裙子令人激动
Not as exciting as this dress.
哇 太美了
Wow. It's beautiful.
看啊 我的贵宾们都到了
Look, my guests of honor are here.
编辑和他的诗人
The editor and his poet.
这种少见的文学搭档
That's the kind of rare literary match
只有在像这样的沙龙里才得以形成
that only gets made at a salon like this one, you know?
鲍尔斯先生 很高兴你能来
Mr. Bowles, I'm so pleased you could make it.
艾米莉 你看起来美极了
And, Emily, you look gorgeous.
我不确定该不该穿这条裙子 苏
I'm not sure I wore the right thing, Sue.
亲爱的 你的样子完美无缺
Darling, you look perfect.
你应该独树一帜 你是新英格兰最火的新晋作家
You need to stand out. You're New England's hottest new writer.
她的诗什么时候发表
When is the poem coming out?
是 我都等不及了
Yeah, can't wait to read it.
大概是下周 也许是星期三
Next week, I think. Maybe Wednesday?
也许是星期五
Maybe Friday.
我们已经安排了一些其他内容
We have a few things lined up.
把那些内容全部推后
Well, push them all back.
艾米莉的诗应该被世人读到 你不同意吗
Emily's voice needs to be heard. Don't you agree?
剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表