剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表
You need something?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
今晚晚些时候 如果可以的话 我需要你帮我收♥货♥
Later tonight, if it's all right, I'll need your help with the delivery.
好
Yes.
好 没问题
Yes, of course.
“你不相信自己已经是个罪人了吗”
"Do you not believe that you have sinned?"
我相信在你眼中 我已经是罪人了
I believe that I have sinned in your eyes.
但谁知道上帝是否与你看法相同呢
But who is to know if God shares your views?
“安静 女人”
"Silence, woman!"
“现在把这个字母戴在你的紧胸衣上”
"Now, wear this letter upon your bo-dice."
是紧身胸衣
Bodice.
你有你的叫法 我有我的叫法
You say it your way, I say it mine.
是 牧师
Yes, minister.
我紧身胸衣随你处置
My bodice is all yours.
你不觉得你应该更贞洁一点吗
Don't you think you should be a little more chaste?
稍微…不是吗 -不要出戏啊
Just-- No? -No breaking character.
是
Right.
抱歉
Sorry.
这不是我耻辱的符号♥ 而是你的
'Tis not a symbol of my shame, but your own.
你和我记忆中不同 拉维妮亚狄金森
You're different than how I remembered you, Lavinia Dickinson.
是海丝特
Hester.
海丝特
Hester.
你真是疯子 我喜欢
You're crazy. And I like it.
苏
Sue.
艾米莉 怎么了
Emily. What is it?
我必须问问你有关这些谣言的事
I need to ask you about all these rumors.
什么谣言
What rumors?
总有人对我说塞缪鲍尔斯对他的妻子不忠
People keep telling me Sam Bowles cheats on his wife.
好
Okay.
那不是事实 -你确定吗
Well, that's not true. -Are you sure?
因为人们一听说他要发表我的诗
Because the minute they heard he was publishing me,
就认为我们的关系很亲密
they just started to assume that we were intimate.
这是我听过最侮辱人的话了
That's the most insulting thing I've ever heard.
他发表你的诗 因为你是天才
He's publishing you because you are a genius.
我知道你可能会这样想 -艾米莉
I know that's what you might think-- -Emily.
这是我知道的事实
It's what I know.
我了解塞缪 我也了解玛丽
Listen, I know Sam. And I know Mary.
我和玛丽是从小一起长大的 记得吗
Mary and I grew up together, remember?
是
Yeah.
你曾对我说 她是在我之前你唯一的朋友
You once told me she was the only friend you ever had before me.
是 我很爱玛丽
Yes, I loved Mary very much.
玛丽从很多方面讲都很特殊
Mary is special in a lot of ways.
她会让我想起你
She reminds me of you.
她很内省
She's introspective.
玛丽不喜欢出门
Mary doesn't like to leave the house.
非常害羞
She's terribly shy.
她大概不喜欢抛头露面
I guess she just doesn't really like to be seen.
我能理解
I can understand that.
我今晚是来抛头露面的 到目前为止 令人很不愉快
I came here tonight to be seen, and so far it's been a pretty unpleasant experience.
这真令我生气
Well, that just makes me angry.
你值得被世人看见 艾米莉
You deserve to be seen, Emily.
你的诗值得得到发表
You deserve to be published.
发生在女性身上的事很不公平
And it's just not fair, what happens to women.
只要我们得到一丁点名声 或是展露哪怕一丁点野心
The minute we get a little bit of fame, or show the slightest amount of ambition,
我们就会被最恶毒的话语攻击
we get slapped with the nastiest comments.
我们会成为众矢之的
We get these targets on our backs.
要我说 让这些全都见鬼去
Well, I say to hell with all of that.
你去向世人展现你的才华
You go out there and you own this.
这是你努力得来的
You worked for this.
至少塞缪鲍尔斯相信你有写作的才华
And Sam Bowles believes in you as a writer. And that's that.
谢谢
Thank you.
好了
Okay.
我们去找座位吧 演讲要开始了
Now, let's find our seats. It's time for the lecture.
我的大明星在这里
There's my superstar.
希望大家对我的印象还好
Hope I'm making a good impression.
开什么玩笑
Are you kidding me?
这些人现在不知道你的才华
These people have no idea what to do with you.
但总有一天 他们都会在人前吹嘘 自己在派对上认识了艾米莉狄金森
But one day they'll all brag about how they met Emily Dickinson at a party
那时她还没有成名
before she was anyone.
大家请注意
Attention, everyone.
请入座
Please find your seats.
我们的讲者马上就准备好了
Our speaker is almost ready.
一定很精彩 -希望演讲内容是虔诚的
This is gonna be good. -I just hope it's pious.
谢谢
Thank you.
这是概念上的吗
Is this conceptual?
(费城 拱门大街 威廉姆约翰逊 此面向上 小心搬运)
大家今晚好吗
How's everybody doing tonight?
这里有谁知道什么是自♥由♥吗
Who here knows what freedom is?
来书房♥找我
Meet me in the library.
先生 请讲 -自♥由♥是听上帝的话
You, sir? -Obeying God.
书房♥见
I'll see you there.
并非如此
Not exactly.
自♥由♥就是做自己
Freedom is about being yourself.
即使你是一位年轻、性感的寡妇
Even if you're just a young, hot widow.
比刚才准确些 但是不对
Closer but no.
自♥由♥是打破你的枷锁
Freedom is throwing off your shackles
然后宣布:“嘿 世界 我来了”
and saying, "Hey, world. Here I am."
自♥由♥…
And freedom...
可以是魔幻的
can be magic.
谢谢 -有谁想听听我的故事
Thank you. -Now, who is ready to hear my story?
我出生于弗吉尼亚州 路易莎县的一个种植园
I was born on a plantation in Louisa County, Virginia.
我以奴隶的身份来到世上
I entered the world a slave.
你不喜欢听演讲吗
You didn't like the lecture?
不 我听过了
Oh, no. I've seen it before.
已经听过三次了
Three times, actually.
“木箱”亨利布朗频繁在各地演出
Henry "Box" Brown really makes the rounds.
我很感兴趣 所以…
Well, I was pretty riveted. So...
好 看 找到了
Oh, yes. Look, here we are.
什么 -狄更斯
What? -Dickens.
查尔斯狄更斯
Charles Dickens?
还有狄德罗
And Diderot.
看 你的作品会放这里
Look, this is where you will go.
就在这
Right here.
艾米莉狄金森
Emily Dickinson.
我 -你的书
Me? -Your books.
放在当代大♥师♥和启蒙运动大♥师♥之间
Between the modern master and the Enlightenment.
听起来如何
How does that sound?
我不知道
I don't know.
对 没错
Oh, no. You're right.
这里的空间不够
There's not enough room.
你得用自己的专用书架
You're gonna need your own shelf.
想象一下
Imagine that.
我能想象很多东西 但是…
I can imagine a lot of things, but...
所有这些事几乎有一种禁忌的感觉
something about all this feels almost forbidden.
禁果的味道很有吸引力 不是吗
Forbidden fruit has an interesting flavor, doesn't it?
天啊
Damn.
它多美啊
Isn't she a beauty?
印刷机
A printing press.
这是个很强大的机器
It's a powerful machine.
是
Yes.
想想它都能做些什么
Imagine what you can do with this thing.
我希望我们能掀起一场革命
I'm hoping we can start a revolution.
嘿
Oh, hey.
不知道这样够不够安全
I don't know if this is safe enough.
没事的 亨利
It's all right, Henry.
没有我的允许 谁也不会到这谷仓里来
No one comes in this barn without my permission.
这场演讲就是鬼扯
That lecture was bullshit!
嗨 哈蒂
Hey, Hattie.
“木箱…躲在木箱里是什么感受”
"Oh, Box, Box. What was it like in the box?"
那些傻子不知道 他当时甚至没有计划逃跑吗
Don't those fools know he wasn't even planning to escape?
哈蒂 -他当时喝醉 睡着了
Hattie. -He was drunk and he fell asleep.
剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表