剧集 | 宇宙时空之旅(2014) | 导航列表
约翰总是追忆起
John often reminisced
那个和他父亲在一起的夏夜
about those summer nights with his father.
这可能就是他寻找如何保存过去的原因
Maybe that's why he sought a way to preserve the past.
约翰·赫歇尔作为奠基者之一
John Herschel was one of the founders
找到了一种新形式的时间旅行
of a new form of time travel,
捕捉画面和回忆的新方法
a means to capture light and memories.
他也为此创造了一个新词
He actually coined a word for it,
摄影
Photography.
仔细想想
When you think about it,
摄影也是一种时间旅行
photography is a form of time travel.
这个人穿越世纪 凝视着我们
This man is staring at us from across the centuries...
一个被光影定格的灵魂
A ghost preserved by light.
不难想象 在不久的将来
It's not hard to imagine that in the near future,
我们就可以从三维空间
we'll be able to capture the past
留住过去
in all three dimensions.
我们可以跨入我们的回忆
We'll be able to step inside a memory.
人们也许不可能回到过去
It may not be possible to travel backward in time,
但也许某一天 我们可以把过去带到当下
but perhaps, one day, we can bring the past to us.
这是我过去的某一时刻
Here's a moment from my past.
就像约翰·赫歇尔所做的
Like John Herschel,
我可以记起我的少年时代
I'm remembering a younger version of myself.
1975年 12月20日
December 20, 1975.
在下着雪的纽约洲伊萨卡
A snowy day in Ithaca, New York.
道路上的一个分叉点将我
A branchpoint on the road that brought me
带到了此时此刻和你在一起
to this moment with you.
那是我碰到卡尔·萨根的日子
It was the day I met Carl Sagan.
让我想起天上的幽灵星星
Reminds me of those ghost stars in the sky...
你知道 它们的光依然照射着我们
You know, the ones that still shine their light upon us
即使它们早已离去
long after they're gone.
剧集 | 宇宙时空之旅(2014) | 导航列表