剧集 | 黑帆 | 导航列表
如果到时证明我是对的
Now, if it turns out that I'm right about this,
他会看起来像个白♥痴♥
he'll look like a fool,
但至少他对这些人的无知
but at least his ignorance
可以被当做某种借口
of the players involved will be some defense.
如果你选择无视我
If you choose to ignore me,
到时你想找借口可要难多了
it will be far harder for you to find an excuse.
我眼看着海象号♥离开
I watched it depart, the Walrus.
安排了人用望远镜盯着船起航
Had a man with a glass watching her set sail,
看着那船消失在地平线...
watching her clear the horizon and disappear...
我没工夫跟你耗下去
Do you know what? I don't have time for this.
...除了偶尔闪烁的光
...except for the glints of light.
什么
What?
我让我手下的人一直用望远镜盯着地平线
I had my man keep his glass to the spot on the horizon
海象号♥消失的那个点
where the Walrus disappeared.
大约每15分钟
And roughly every 15 minutes,
他都报告说在她消失的方向看到了闪烁的光
he reported seeing glints of light from her last position.
那他妈是什么意思
What the fuck does that mean?
可能毫无意义
Oh, it could mean nothing.
荡漾的水面反射的阳光
Random artifact of sunlight off the water.
或者可能是她桅杆上的监视望远镜反射的光
Or it could be the reflection of a spyglass upon one of her masts.
那艘船没有扬帆
The ship beneath bare poles,
静静地 无形地 等待着返航的信♥号♥♥
waiting silently, invisibly, for a signal to return.
我击败了他
I beat him,
又眼看着他死而复生否定了我的胜利
and then I watched him return from the dead to negate my victory,
眼看着他的同伙谋杀我的同伙
to watch his partner murder mine
进一步羞辱我
and aggravate the affront.
你我有着复杂的过去
You and I have our history,
但是我和弗林特还有一件更严肃的事没解决
but Flint and I have unfinished business of a far more serious sort.
我父亲曾是利兹的裁缝
My father was a tailor in Leeds.
祖父也是裁缝
As was his father
曾祖父也是
and his father's father.
在那时 如果有人在埃文代尔街上问起
Time was if a man on the Avondale Road
在英格兰北部哪儿能买♥♥到最好的衣服
asked where he might find the finest clothes in northern England,
就会有人给他引荐一家叫做拉克姆的人开的店
he was pointed toward the shop of a man named Rackham.
后来羊毛商们
Then the men who sell wool
决心不愿再与
decide they'd prefer not to compete
优质棉布的进口商们做竞争
with the men who imported fine cotton.
因为羊毛商们
And as the men who sell wool
和政♥府♥部门勾结上了
have the ears of the men who make laws,
颁布了限制贸易令来扩大他们的利益
an embargo is enacted to increase profits
印花棉布也就此消失
and calico disappears.
而我的父亲
And my father's business
从他父亲那里
that he inherited from his father
从他祖父那里继承的事业
and his father's father
日渐衰落直至结束
begins to wither and die.
之后我父亲因财务状况饱受羞辱
And my father suffers the compound shame of financial failure
这一切都被我看在眼里
seen through the eyes of his son
后来他每天饮酒度日
and descended into drink.
做礼拜的时候我一个小男孩坐在他旁边
I'd sit beside him as a boy at the Sunday service
当他对着牧师 对着圣坛
as he shouted at the pastor, at the altar--
对着能听到的任何人
at anyone who'd listen, really--
对着一切的不公正大吼大叫
at the injustice of it all.
他开始破口大骂的时候
And I'd put my arm over his shoulder
我会把胳膊搭在他肩膀上
as the insults began,
帮助他逃出教堂
help carry him out of the church.
老天爷 那些辱骂声
God, the insults.
在他的葬礼上 街坊们轻声低骂
At his funeral, our neighbors were kind enough
而不是大声咒骂 已经够客气了
to whisper them rather than call them out loud.
如此 我开始了工作
So, I set to work,
决心要重建我们家族被夺走的事业
determined to rebuild what had been taken away.
我那时十三岁 但是我下定决心了...
I was 13 years old. But I was determined...
...直到一个人来找我
...until a man arrived at my door,
声称他是我父亲的债主
claiming to hold debts belonging to my father.
债务是我父亲喝酒时积下的
Debts accumulated as my father drank.
他声称现在由我负责偿还
Debts he claimed that now belonged to me.
还清那笔债务对我来说是不可能的事
Debts I could not possibly have hoped to repay.
债务多到那个人可以把我囚禁起来
Debts over which this man would have seen me imprisoned--
囚禁到一个债务
imprisoned in a place where the debts
只能用苦役清算的地方
would have been discharged only through hard labor.
不给钱做苦功 让我做...
Hard labor with no wages, working at--
听仔细了
wait for it--
纺织品的生产
the production of textiles.
"你们这种人
"You people,
接受不了世界的自然法则"
incapable of accepting the world as it is,"
出自一个天生好命的人之口
says the man to whom the world handed everything.
如果安妮没来 没有营救行动
If no Anne, if no rescue,
如果这是我的毁灭 那么记住
if this is defeat for me, then know this.
你和我在这场竞赛中直到最后都不分上下
You and I were neck and neck in this race right till the end.
但是 上帝 我比你付出得多太多了
But, Jesus, did I make up a lot of ground to catch you.
你觉得这世界善待我了是吗
You think the world's been that kind to me?
我过得比你舒适多了
That I'm that much softer than you?
比你幸运多了
That much more fortunate?
生于富贵人家 继承父亲的船业
Wealthy family, inherited Daddy's shipping business,
娶了家财万贯的夫人... 我读过你的书
married rich... I read your book.
但是有些事在书中略掉了
But there are things you leave out of the book.
略掉那些事是因为如果上流社会传开了
Things you leave out because if it got around polite society
窘境下的人能做出什么事
what you're capable of when pushed,
他们可能不会再邀请你去晚宴了
they might stop inviting you to their dinner parties.
你了解到的我仅限于我想让你知道的
All you know about me is what I want you to know.
发现骑兵
Riders!
骑兵在逼近
Riders approaching!
保护总督
Defend the governor!
上尉 后退 进攻
Captain, fall back and engage!
-守护好左翼 -后退
- Defend the left flank! - Fall back!
他们在逼近 长官
They're gaining, sir!
保护总督
Defend the governor!
加速 快马加鞭
Faster! Don't spare the horses!
手♥枪♥
Pistol!
别开枪 等他们靠近了
Hold your fire. Wait till they're close.
是
Sir!
锁定目标
Pick your targets!
我们得走了 快点
We need to move, now.
走 走啊
Go! Go.
把箱子带去海滩
Take the chest to the beach.
我们会跟在你们后面
We'll be right behind you.
跟在我们后面
Right behind us?
是的
Yeah.
我以为你说过你跟拿骚一刀两断了
I thought you said you and Nassau were through.
担心没我你们俩会迷失呢
Got worried you two'd be lost without me.
幸好我是错的
Glad to see I was wrong about that.
蒂奇呢 他对你的变心是怎么反应
And Teach? How has he taken your change of heart?
不好说
Couldn't say.
你要是见到他 可以问问他
If you see him, I suppose you could ask him.
快看
Look.
-你能带上他吗 -可以
- Can you ride with him? - Yeah.
天哪
Oh, God.
快走
Go!
快走
Go!
快走
Go! Go!
走吧
Come on!
按住他 架住他
Put him down! Hold him!
看他们往哪走了
See which way they went!
谢谢
Thank you.
我们从小就认识...
I've known him since we were children...
一起忍♥受疾病和失去亲人的痛苦
suffered illness and loss by his side.
看着他向我的母亲 和我
Watched him give his loyalty,
献出他的忠诚 牺牲还有爱
his sacrifice and his love to my mother, to me.
所以你能想象这是怎样的感觉
So you can just imagine what that was like,
让他忍♥气吞声接受他所遭遇的一切
asking him to accept what was done to him
而做这事的人看起来多么像
at the hands of men who look so very much
剧集 | 黑帆 | 导航列表