Oh, no.
哦 才不是呢
No. It's just from a different time.
不是这样的 不过是我们那个年代的事罢了
You don't get it.
你没懂
That is textbook minimizing, Dr. Johnson.
这是教科书式的经历的边缘处理 Johnson医生
You needed that defense mechanism
你需要那种防御机制
to get you through years of abuse.
来助你熬过长年的虐待
Abu...
虐
This was not abuse.
这才不是虐待呢好吧
It was character-building.
那是性格塑造
It's why I'm the strong woman that I am today.
这也成就了我如今这般的女强人
You shouldn't have to beat a person down
你大可不必通过打击别人
to make them strong. W...
从而使他们更强大 啥
O-On the other hand, tough love works.
其实 严厉的爱挺管用的
You know, my dad has been rough on me
你知道的 我爸就一直对我很严厉
and I'm great.
而且我就出落得挺不错的
Right?
是吧
You've had to put up with a lot of crap
你不得不忍♥受了太多的破事
to get to where you are, Dr. Johnson...
才终于爬到你现在的地位 Johnson医生
Yeah.
是的
...but you shouldn't have had to.
但你本不必如此的
Come on.
拜托
If I hadn't, then it would have been worse
我要是不这么做 那大环境对于
for all of the Black women that came behind me.
迟于我步入社会的千千万万黑人女性们只会更糟
Don't you ever wonder who you could have been
你不好奇自己要是没像这样经历艰难险阻
if you didn't have to also fight this other fight?
本可以成为什么样的人吗
No, they were just trying to... Dr. Johnson.
不是啊 他们只不过是想 Johnson医生
Okay, if the... Rainbow.
行吧 那要是 Rainbow
Okay.
好吧
Oh.
唉
Oh, my God.
哦 我的天
Oooh, the pizza rolls are ready!
哎呀 披萨卷烤好了
Why did you do that?
你干嘛那样做
You could have been her favorite daughter.
你本来可以成为她最爱的女儿的
No, no, no, it's... it's okay.
不不不没事
I'll just... I'm gonna... I'm gonna read my letter.
我要去 我想 我想读我的信
Okay. Yes.
好的呀 嗯哼
Tears are coming. I'm gonna... Okay.
我要落泪了 我要 好的呢
You go... Yeah, take...
你去 嗯
No, take... Do you.
不不 你需要
Take your time.
给你一点时间静静
Hi.
嗨
Hey, babe.
嘿 宝贝
Did you know
你知道
that when Jackie Robinson retired from baseball,
当杰基·罗宾森从棒球界退役时
that it was only 6% Black?
业界仅有6%的黑人
And that it's only 7% Black today.
而现如今也仅有7%是黑人罢了
I thought we blocked Wikipedia
我还以为我们已经屏蔽维♥基♥百♥科♥了呢
when Diane kept changing Michael B. Jordan's page
就那次Diane一直试图把迈克尔·B·乔丹的词条页面
to "Married to Diane Johnson." Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
改成"已与Diane Johnson结婚" 对对对
"Back off heifers." I remember.
"小婊砸们起开"那会 我记得
Okay.
好嘞
Jackie Robinson died at 54.
杰基·罗宾森年仅54岁就去世了
I know. And for what?
我知道 他图啥呢
So he could get a couple more Black players in the league?
他能因此为联盟引入更多的黑人球员吗
Can you imagine what he could have done, Dre,
你能想象要不是他如此执着于打破桎梏的话
if he hadn't been so focused on breaking barriers?
他本可以取得怎样的伟业吗 Dre
Can you imagine what I could've done?
你能想象我本可以取得什么成绩吗
I could be Dr. Rainbow Johnson Poet Laureate
我可以是桂冠诗人
or Professor of Chicano Studies.
或者奇卡诺人研究的教授
You know how I love that.
你知道我有多喜欢那些
Well, I had the chance
嗯 我今天本来能够
to give a qualified Black man a job today,
给一位资历合格的黑人一份工作
and I almost didn't because Stevens made a face.
我差点没有 就因为Stevens扮了个黑脸
Hmm?
哈
Babe, there's so few of us at the table
宝贝 像我们一样能有一席立足之地的黑人太少了
that I felt that I needed a White co-sign.
以至于我觉得我需要一位白人做联署人
That's how the system is set up.
社会结构就是这样被构建起来的
You know, sometimes, being the first...
你也晓得 有时候做先锋
it feels like the weight of the world is on our shoulders.
就感觉整个世界的重担都压在我们肩上
Oh. It does.
唉 是的呀
We're conditioned to work 10 times harder to succeed.
我们习惯于付出十倍的努力去争取成功
But is it all worth it for 6%?
但这一切最终只有6%真的值得吗
You know...
你想
maybe Jackie Robinson only made baseball a little Blacker...
也许杰基·罗宾森仅是稍稍推动了棒球界的黑人化进程
...but his sacrifices were felt throughout sports and the world.
但他所作的牺牲撼动了整个体育界和世界
Yeah.
是呀
You know, maybe a person's impact
嗯嗯 或许一个人的影响力
can't always be broken down into numbers.
无法总被量化
Mm. That's right.
嗯 确实
Mm-hmm.
嗯哼
Got to keep pushing.
还是得努力前行啊
Yep.
是
But I'm tired, though.
但我真倦了
Babe, well, put the torch down.
宝贝 那就把火炬放下来
All right?
好吗
This burden has to be shared by your Black colleagues and your White colleagues.
这份重担应该由你的黑人白人同事们共同分担
You'll be able to pick it up again,
你会能再度举起火炬的
but let them have a turn.
但就让他们也试试呗
Maybe you're right.
也许你是对的
Mm-hmm.
嗯哼
I'm not even sure
我都不确定
I know how to put down the torch at this point.
我是否知道如何在这个时间点放下火炬
Hey.
嘿
There's a first time for everything.
凡事皆有初次
Thanks, honey.
谢谢你开导我 亲爱的
You're welcome.
不客气
Bow and I may have been down for a minute,
我和Bow都情绪低落了一会
but we were never out.
但我们永不言弃
Bow took the time to think about it
Bow花了一些时间来思考
and realized it shouldn't all be on her.
也意识到了不该一人独当重担
Hey, Dr. Windsor.
嘿 Windsor医生
Diversity is a team sport.
多元化是需要团队协作的
I'd love to talk to you about the diversity initiative.
我想跟你谈谈多元化倡议
Oh, yeah. I saw that you were heading that up
哦 是呢 我看见你在带头倡议
with, uh, Dr. Gutierrez and Dr. Patel
连同Gutierrez医生和Patel医生
and Dr. Running Water, right?
还有自来水医生 对吧
Yeah, I was heading that up.
是呀 我是领头人
But... can't take that on right now.
但 现在暂时要搁一搁了
Oh.
哦
Well, I'm sure diversity will be there for you when you're ready.
那我很肯定等你准备好的时候 多元化总会到来的
Oh, no, no, no, no, no.
哦不不不
I'm saying that other people can lead the charge.
我是在说可以换别人来接我的班带领大家
You care about diversity, right?
你关心多元化对吧
Of course. Yeah?
当然啦 是吧
Why? What have you heard?
怎么啦 你是听到什么了吗
Well, congratulations.
那么恭喜啦
You are the man for the job, Dr. Windsor.
你就是最合适的人选 Windsor医生
Wait, what are you doing?
等等 你干啥呢
I'm handing the torch over to you.
我要把火炬交接予你
You can pass out those fliers.
你可以分发这些传♥单♥
And if I see them in the garbage can,
我要是在垃圾桶里看到这些
then I'm gonna set your car on fire.
那我就把你车给烧了
Oh, my goodness.
哦 我的天哪
Really? Yeah.
当真 是哇
For me,
对我而言
I made sure my relationships with other Black admen were good,
我确保与其他黑人广♥告♥商交好
starting with Darren.
就从Darren开始
Look, man, I appreciate the opportunity,
听着 兄弟 我非常感恩这个机遇
I just... I can't accept the job.
我就是 不能接受贵司这份工作
Bro, I'm not here to beg,
兄弟 我不是来求你的
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表