Everyone reps the place where they're from.
每个人都代表了各自的出处
Where you're from tells people a lot about you.
出处能让其他人更好的了解你
Think about it.
想想看
Bagpipes aren't big in Japan.
在日本 风笛并不流行
But when you're from Minnesota,
但如果你来自明尼苏达
you love Prince.
你一定大爱Prince
And where I'm from
而我的出处
has arguably the hardest rep of all.
可以说是最具代表性的
The city of Compton.
康普顿市
Yeah, it can be a tough place,
确实 它算是个是非之地
but it's also an incubator
但同时
for some of the most influential
它也是那些享誉全球的
music, sports, and art in the entire world.
音乐 运动和艺术的诞生之地
Compton is where I'm from.
康普顿 就是我的家乡
And although it wasn't easy,
虽然我过得并不轻松
I wouldn't have it any other way.
我也从来不曾后悔
Because pressure makes diamonds.
因为 百炼成钻
Now Christmas can start.
现在 圣诞节可以开始了
Come on, Dad. "Compton's Own"?
不是吧 老爸 "康普顿本顿"
You're more of a Valley boy now.
你现在更是个格伦谷男孩吧
Whoa. Oh. Oh. Hey, it's okay.
嘿 放轻松
It's Christmas, Dre.
大过节的 Dre
Just having a nice time.
好好享受一下
Don't do that.
别找不自在
Throw his presents in the fire, Bow. Uhhuh.
把他的礼物给我烧了 Bow 嗯嗯嗯
Do it now.
现在就烧
Okay.
好好好
I had a Jheri Curl!
我留过杰里卷
Boy, Dr. Dre's high school girlfriend's little sister
Dr. Dre的高中女朋友的妹妹
was one of my babysitters!
还曾经当过我的保姆呢
I'm everything Compton!
我从里到外都是康普顿人
Don't make me have to make you witness
别让我逼你见证
the strength of street knowledge.
街头智慧的强大
Junior, you know my baby reps the 3-1-0.
Junior 你知道我儿子代表了康 普 顿
You know it, Mama. Mmhmm.
你懂我 妈妈 嗯哼
And 3-1-0's gonna be my first tattoo.
3-1-0将会是我的第一个纹身
Whenever I get over my fear of needles.
等我克服了我的针头恐惧症
Look, we all know Dre is from Compton.
我们都清楚Dre来自康普顿
Just like I'm from Detroit. Mm.
就像清楚我来自底特律 嗯
I mean, these are the places that make us who we are.
我是说 这方水土养了我们这方人
Thank you, Pops.
感谢你 老爹
It's the one thing I can't take away from you,
这是我不能从你那里夺走的东西
unlike my respect for you as a father.
不像我对于你身为人父的尊重 一去不复返
What?! If you came for me the way Junior just did,
什么 如果你敢像Junior怼你那样怼我的话
I'd put you to sleep till New Year's.
我就让你长眠到新年
Come on, Dad.
不是吧 老爸
While you're "From" there,
你说你"来自"那里
you've lived in the Money Earnin' Oaks of Sherman
可你住在谢尔曼橡树街的富人区的时间
longer than you ever did in Compton.
比你住在康普顿的时间长多了
Boy, you don't know how long I've lived in places.
嘿 你又不知道我在每个地方住了多久
Dad, this is your lifestyle now.
老爸 这是你现在的生活方式了
You are a typical suburban Black man,
你是个典型的住郊区的黑人
in-ground pool and dad bod to boot.
室外泳池家周围 从头到脚爸爸肥
You're like, uh... Uncle Phil,
你就跟Phil叔叔一样
except you stayed with the first Aunt Viv.
只不过你的老婆是原配的
Yeah. You're as Sherman Oaks as we are.
没错 你跟我们一样 都是橡树街人
Remember that Friday we didn't go
还记得周五
to the Cheesecake Machine at the Galleria,
我们没去商业街那里的芝士蛋糕制♥造♥机吗
and they called us to make sure we were all right?
他们打电♥话♥过来确认我们是不是还好
You straight Valley, son.
你绝对是谷里人
Unh-unh.
胡扯
Being from Compton is...
来自康普顿
is one of the things that people know about me first.
是人们最先了解我的地方
That's 'cause you never give us a chance to forget.
那是因为你无时无刻不在念叨
Then in Compton...
然后在康普顿
Here in Compton...
现在在康普顿
From Compton...
在康普顿里
Outside of Compton.
在康普顿外
They see me as just a kid from Compton.
他们觉得我就是个来自康普顿的娃
Guess who went to Compton and got some barbecue?!
猜猜是谁去康普顿买♥♥了烧烤回来呀
You bring up being from Compton
你提起你来自康普顿的次数
more than I bring up being a doctor.
比我提起我是医生的次数多多了
No, he doesn't. All right.
他差得远呢 行了
Me and my brothers and sisters from the 90221
我和我来自康普顿的兄弟姐妹
have a grit and determination that you cannot buy.
拥有你们难以置信的勇气和决心
That's right.
没错
So, while you can take the man out of Compton,
所以 哪怕我现在人不在康普顿
you can never take Compton out of the man.
康普顿也一直在我的心中
Dad, I did not say it was a bad thing.
老爸 我没说这是一件坏事啊
It is what you worked so hard for.
这一切都是你努力奋斗的结果
You got out.
你闯出来了
Hey...
嘿
proud of you.
我为你骄傲
I bet you Dr. Dre ain't gotta put up with this nonsense!
我打赌Dr. Dre绝对不会忍♥受这些胡言乱语
Yeah, I don't know what I'm gonna
我还没想好今年圣诞节
get everybody this season, Mom.
给每个人买♥♥什么礼物 妈
Oh! No, Ruby is easy. Are you kidding me?
不是 Ruby是最容易应付的 真的
I tell her I donated to her church,
我告诉她我给她的教堂捐了款
and then I give to Planned Parenthood instead.
其实我捐给了计划生育协会
I do the same thing every year. I know.
我每年都这么干 我知道
Oh, I gotta go.
哦 我得挂了
I'll talk to you later.
回头再跟你聊
I love you, Mom. Bye.
我爱你 妈 再见
Hey, you two.
嘿 你们俩
I need your Christmas lists.
我需要你们的圣诞清单
We don't have to do the whole dance this year.
今年我们不必整花里胡哨那一套
Cash is fine. Huh?
现金就行 什么
Yeah. You can just Venmo me.
没错 你可以直接Venmo转账给我
Maybe add some Christmas emojis,
再加几个圣诞表情
make it all festive or whatever.
营造一下节日气氛什么的
But hey, we know you have a lot of kids to buy for,
不过 我们知道你需要给好多小孩买♥♥礼物
so if it's under four figures, that's okay.
所以就算给4位数以下也没关系
You can just make it up to us on our birthday.
等我们生日的时候再补偿我们就好啦
When did my kids get so transactional
我的孩子们什么时候开始
about the holidays?
过节都这么势利了
Our dad owns Gucci shower shoes.
我们老爸穿的是古驰拖鞋
Yeah.
没错
You figure that out. Okay.
不用我再多说了吧 那好
Since you two don't want Christmas gifts,
既然你们俩不想要圣诞礼物
I have a better idea.
我有个更好的主意
I want you to think of something
我希望你们能想出一些
that you can do for someone in need
能帮助到某个有困难的人的事
this holiday season.
就在这个节日假期
Tell Junior nobody wants to see his feet on Instagram.
告诉Junior没人愿意在Instagram上看他的脚
Oh, my gosh. Perfect.
我的天呐 完美
No. No. Right?
不 不 对吧
Strangers.
陌生人
Show kindness with your time and your effort.
用你的时间和努力传播善意
You know what?
你知道吗
That sounds like a great New Year's resolution.
这听起来是一个很好的新年方案
I'll write that down. Thank you. Yes. Perfect.
我这就把它写下来 谢谢 完美
Today.
就今天
I want you to do that today.
我希望你们今天就去做
Okay.
好吧
Mm-hmm.
嗯
I told you we should have just asked for a Jet Ski.
我早跟你说我们应该要个摩托艇的
The next day, I still couldn't get over
第二天 我还是没能释怀
Junior shading me about Compton,
Junior呛我不是康普顿人
and neither could the guys at work.
我的同事们也没有
Well, Dre, we have your ingrate son
Dre 我们把你那个白眼狼儿子
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表