Did he surprise you and do exactly what I said he would?
所以你惊讶他原原本本干了我说过他会干的事吗
Thanks for not rubbing it in.
真是谢谢你的补刀了
I knew you would end up here
我知道最后会怎样
because I have done this so many times before, Dre,
是因为我经历过无数次了 Dre
and I didn't want you to be disappointed, the way I was.
我不希望你像我那样大失所望
Gary wanted to jump in and fix the entire system
Gary指望自己能横插一脚改变世界
without owning his own part in it.
却连最起码的力都不肯出
Sometimes I think it's easier to post "Black lives matter"
或许发一句"黑人的命也是命"
and shame your grandma online than look in the mirror
在网上鞭笞自己的祖母 比照向镜子
and realize that you are complicit.
承认自己是共犯要轻松得多
Yes!
就是这样
What is it about this moment that so many people
怎么到了这个节骨眼
are finally comfortable saying Black lives matter?
人们突然就愿意喊"黑人的命也是命"了
Where were they for Aiyana Jones,
当初在Aiyana Jones
Trayvon Martin,
Trayvon Martin
Mike Brown,
Mike Brown
Sandra Bland?
还有 Sandra Bland的时候他们上哪去了
I think that after four years of overt tiki torch racism,
在四年的明目张胆的种族歧视之后
it's socially acceptable for White people
白人能终于替黑人抱不平
to finally fight for the dignity of Black people.
我觉得是一件可以接受的事情
That's what scares me.
就是这点叫我害怕
I know.
我知道
If they can flip a switch and care,
如果他们可以心血来潮地关注这件事
they can just as easily flip a switch
等他们下次心血来潮
and go back to not caring.
就把这件事抛到脑后了
Agreed.
的确
And what are we supposed to say next time we see Gary?
我们下次见到Gary该说些什么
Oh, my God. Dre.
天呐 Dre
You still want to engage him?
你还想搭理他吗
He's the only one of your family members that I like, Bow.
你家人里也就他看着还顺眼点了 Bow
What?!
什么
I'm not ready to let that go.
我还放不下他
Oh, my God.
我的老天爷
He goes for it on fourth and 1
他会选择放手一搏 最后丢一次球
no matter where he is on the field!
不论他在球场的什么位置
What's fourth and 1?
那是什么
See? You wouldn't understand.
都说了你不会懂嘛
Okay.
好吧
Okay.
行吧
When I win the Nobel Prize for psychology,
等我赢得诺贝尔心理学奖的时候
I'm gonna shout you out.
我会特别鸣谢你的
You better.
那我等着
Um...
嗯
Oh, hey. How'd it go with Diane?
你好啊 和Diane的事情怎么样了
Oh, well, uh, about that...
这个嘛
Actually, I've got to talk to you
说起这件事来
about this psychology stuff.
我正好想和你谈谈心理学这件事
Okay.
好啊
I don't think it's a good idea for you to diagnose my family.
我觉得你还是不要诊断我的家人了
Yeah, we have our problems, but what family doesn't?
我们的确有一些问题 但谁家不是呢
Plus, if you would've tried this on my grandma,
而且 如果你敢对我奶奶这么搞的话
she probably would've shot you in your belly.
她没准会开枪打你的
She's done it before.
她的确干过
Why didn't you say this the other day?
那你那天为什么不说呢
It's my usual MO to squash my feelings
我一般都把话烂在肚子里
to make other people happy.
希望哄别人高兴
But I love our relationship, and because of that,
但我看重我们的关系 也因为这样
it's important that I let you know how I really feel.
我应该告诉你我真实的想法
Ohh.
原来是这样
I'm so sorry.
真对不起
I did it again.
我又这样干了
I'm always screwing something up with my dumb psych major.
拿着我的心理学理论四处捣乱
No, baby.
你并没有
Even my own family got tired of it.
我自己的家人都听烦了
Honestly...
说实话
I'm just trying to impress you guys.
我可能只是想让你们觉得我很厉害
Aww.
哎呀
You do impress me.
我的确觉得你很厉害
Okay.
好啊
Ah. All right.
看着不错
Well, thank you for the beer.
谢谢你的啤酒
That's not all I did.
先别急着谢
I had a long talk with Jennifer, and...
我和Jennifer长谈了一次 结论是
it looks like we're not gonna be sending our kids
我们明年应该还是不会
to public school next year.
送孩子去公立学校的
And before you say anything, I know, man...
我知道你想说什么 我懂
I'm a hypocrite. Mmhmm.
我很虚伪 的确
But I just don't know if I can make a huge sacrifice like that
我只是没准备好做这么大的牺牲
without knowing for sure that it's gonna pay off.
而且这牺牲未必能回本
That's what a movement is...
但这就是社会运动的意义
many people sacrificing parts of their lives
无数人做出或多或少的牺牲
to move the needle, even if the needle barely moves.
去撼动大树 就算大树晃都不晃
Look, man, I know your eyes are newly open
听着 我知道你刚刚接触这些
to all of the injustice in this country
知道了这个国家有多少不公正
and you want to change everything all at once.
你急于立刻改革所有事情
Yeah.
是啊
But what matters to me most
但我更加在乎的是
is that in five days, five months, five years,
过了五天 五个月 甚至五年之后
you're still doing the work.
你仍然在运动当中
You're so right, man. There's so much for me to learn.
你说得太对了 兄弟 我要学的还多着呢
And there's just racism everywhere.
种族主义真是无处不在
Got to just open my eyes to it.
我必须要用心观察
Yep.
是的
Okay, let's go watch Chiefs-Redskins.
咱们去看酋长对阵红人队的比赛吧
It's the Washington Football Team.
他们现在改名叫华盛顿橄榄球队了
It is? Yeah.
改了吗 改了
And I don't know how the Chiefs got out of changing their name.
我实在不知道酋长队怎么到现在还没改名的
And, uh...
还有
I'm gonna get some more beer.
我要再拿点啤酒
Oh, well, they only brew this every three years.
这种酒每三年才会酿一批
It's kind of special.
不喝就没了哦
Uh, maybe they should brew it every five years.
我觉得他们五年酿一次也就够了
Hey, did you read any...
对了 你有没有看到过
It's good that more people are talking about things
人们的讨论其实是一件好事
they wouldn't talk about even just a few years ago.
毕竟他们几年前还会对歧视缄口不言
That doesn't mean that the work is easy.
尽管事情并不会就此迎刃而解
But it shows we made progress, and that's what's important.
但至少我们在慢慢进步 这是最要紧的
But then you smear it... Dre. Thank God you're here.
但你把它抹得 Dre 你终于来了
Okay, Josh and I are having what I can call a disagreement...
Josh和我产生了一点分歧
Sure.
不奇怪
...about what technically constitutes blackface.
分歧在于黑人的面部特征要素到底是啥
What do you think?
你有什么看法
Are you serious?
你们是认真的吗
Oh, yes! Dre rant!
出现了 Dre的说教
I got some popcorn!
我拿点爆米花
Hold.
预备
And go.
开始
You know what?
你猜怎么着
As a little treat, I made my rant into a song.
我给你们准备了节目 我的说教之歌♥
What? How could you
真的假的
possibly have known what we were gonna ask you?
你怎么能猜到我们要问什么
So, you find yourself wanting to ask a Black person
你现在想要向一个黑人
a question about race.
请教种族问题了
Uhhuh. Well...
是的 听好了
** What a friend we have in Google *
*谷歌♥是个好东西
** All your questions answered there *
*谷歌♥上面啥都有
** What a privilege to Google *
*谷歌♥里面有黄金屋
** Instead of asking your Black friends *
*别再来烦黑人好朋友
Hey, Dre, is it racist if I make this song my...
Dre 我要是拿这首歌♥来那啥算不算是
** Oh, what peace it is... *
*世界将变成美好人
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表