Back in the day, you didn't know all that much
在以前 你根本就不会
about people around you...
很了解你周围的人
your co-workers, acquaintances, your mailman.
你的同事 熟人 邮差
Most people were strangers who lived a life of mystery,
他们中的大部分都是过着谜一样人生的陌生人
because there was a thing called privacy.
因为有种叫隐私的东西
But since the explosion of social media,
但是自社交媒体的蓬勃发展以来
everyone knows everything about everybody.
大家对所有人都无所不知
And in these politically divided times,
尤其是在这个政♥治♥分♥裂♥的时代
this onslaught of social media means
这种社交媒体的强烈攻势意味着
we know everyone's thoughts on every single issue.
我们知道人们对每一个事件的想法
That can really change your perception of a person.
这真的会改变你对一个人的看法
Take Bow's cousin Gary, for example.
就拿Bow的表亲Gary举个例子
I knew he lived somewhere in L.A.
我知道他住在洛杉矶的某处
and thought you should go for it on fourth and 1.
并且认为人就该放手一搏
But social media introduced me to a whole other side of Gary.
但是社交媒体让我看到了Gary的另一面
That's where I found out he was
他让我发现了他是
BLM's newest, whitest ally.
BLM最新的白人盟友
So, with George Floyd's murder and the uprisings,
所以随着George Floyd被谋杀和随之而来的抗♥议♥
I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when this happened.
大概这事发生的时候 我不该惊讶
Hey, Gary!
嘿 Gary
I've been waiting on this call, man.
我就等着你电♥话♥呢 伙计
When is the fantasy draft?
梦幻轮选什么时候开始
What are you talking about football, man?
都啥时候了还唠橄榄球 老兄
Turn on the news.
看看新闻
America doesn't care about Black people, okay?
美国根本就不关心黑人好吧
We need to make a change ASAP, and you need to help me.
我们得立刻做出改变 你得来帮我
Hey, man, I'm sorry to call again,
嘿 兄弟 抱歉又是我
but Bow isn't picking up, and I just got to say
Bow不接电♥话♥ 我就是得说
this country is so behind.
这个国家太落后了
It feels like the '80s. Or the '60s.
感觉就像80年代或者60年代
Whichever decade is the most racist.
总之就是最充满歧视的那十年
Call me back. This is Gary.
请回电 Gary
Yeah. Mm-hmm. This is the sixth one that he left me.
好了 嗯哼 这是他给我留的第六条讯息了
Mm-hmm.
嗯哼
Bow, our relationship isn't meant to handle this.
Bow 以我俩的关系不该掺和这事
The only time I should see Gary cry is
唯一该让我看见Gary哭的时候
when they're reuniting a soldier with a dog at halftime.
就是他们让士兵和狗在中场休息的时候团聚这类时候
Gary has been emotional his entire life.
Gary这辈子都这么情绪化
He cried four times during the movie "Face/Off."
看<变脸>的时候他哭了四次
That's why I don't answer any of his calls.
这也是我根本就不接他电♥话♥的原因
Eh, ah, uh, Bow...
呃 Bow
I feel that White people are losing their mind, all right?
我觉得白人都疯了 好吧
They've all been reaching out
他们试图施以援手
because some meme told them to check on their Black friends.
就因为一些表情包让他们去看看他们的黑人朋友
Oh, I know.
哦 我懂的
I know, Dre. Hmm?
我懂你 Dre 嗯
Listen.
听着
What happened to Americ...
呜呜美国怎么了
I just feel so terrible
我就是对我的特权
about my own privilege.
感到十分抱歉
If you want to skip tennis...
你要是想给网球拍穿线
I think my daughter needs a Black hero right now, and I...
我觉得我女儿现在需要一位黑人英雄 而且我
Okay. Okay. Okay. Enough.
好了 好了 够了
None of those people are my friends.
这里面没一个是我的朋友
Not a one.
一个也不是
And that last woman...
最后的那位女士
she's just someone who found my wallet in 2005.
她就只是个2005年捡到我钱包的家伙
That's crazy.
绝了
Bow, you know what?
Bow 你知道吗
I feel that the people who are calling are drowning in guilt
我觉得那些打电♥话♥的都是被内疚感吞没了
and are looking for a Black life preserver.
都在找黑人当他们的救生圈
But I didn't expect that from Gary!
但是我可没想到Gary也这样
The best thing that you can do here
现在你最应该做的
is pretend that this call never happened.
就是假装没有这通电♥话♥
Mm. It's Gary. All right?
唔 这可是Gary 好吧
So in a few weeks,
所以在接下来的几周
when "The Great British Bake Off" Comes back on,
"英国烘焙大赛"一回归
he will forget that Black lives ever mattered.
他就记不起来"黑人命也是命"了
Yeah, you're probably right. Mmhmm.
是啊 你大概是对的 嗯哼
I'll delete them. Yeah.
我要删了它们 好
Maybe it'll all go away on its own,
也许这事会自己消失
just like a jury summons or a red light ticket.
就像陪审团传票或者红灯罚单一样
Pshh.
噗嗤
Oh! Look at this.
哦 看看
CVS is alerting us that Black lives matter
药妆店提醒我们"黑人的命也是命"
and there is 20% off of all Tussin.
还有止咳药八折优♥惠♥
Oh.
哦
Babe, you are so sweet
亲 你真好
for helping me with my psych homework.
帮我做心理作业
I don't mind at all.
小事一桩
I feel like psychologists are real doctors.
我觉得心理学家就是真正的医生
I don't care what my mom says.
我才不管我妈会说什么
Oh, no.
哦 不
Jack, we have talked about this.
Jack 我们不是说过
It is hot when it comes out.
面包出来的时候很烫
No, no, no. I-I chipped the icing.
不是 我把糖霜弄碎了
Well, it's still gonna taste the same.
吃起来还是一样的啊
It's not for me. It's for Diane.
这不是我吃的 是给Diane的
She places a high value on the aesthetic of the toaster pasty.
她极看重面包机甜点的美感
Well, if she's that particular,
如果她那么挑剔
wouldn't it just be easier for her to make it herself?
那她自己去做不是更简单
Junior, school your girl.
Junior 快给你家姑娘上上课
She's clearly never been on the business end of Diane's wrath.
很明显她没经历过Diane的狂怒
Mnh-mnh.
可不
Whoa, Junior.
哇哦 Junior
Your brother is acting out this theory in my textbook.
你弟弟的表现就像书里的理论一样
Jack clearly has
Jack很明显有
what the book calls a fearful attachment.
书中所说的恐惧型依恋
He will do anything to make his twin sister happy.
只要能让他的胞妹开心 他什么都会做
Wow. That does make sense.
哇哦 有点道理欸
You know, one time, Diane got the flu,
你知道吗 有次Diane得了流感
and Jack immediately tried to register
Jack就马上要去注册
to be an organ donor.
成为一名器官捐献者
Ah.
烫哦
You know, Jack, just because you love your sister
你知道吗Jack 就因为你爱妹妹
doesn't mean you got to burn your fingerprints off for her.
也不意味着你要为了她把自己指纹给烫掉啊
If you ever want to talk about ways
如果你想聊聊
to assert yourself in your relationship
如何在一段关系中坚持自我
and break free from your fear of rejection,
或者如何摆脱被拒绝的恐惧
I'm here.
有我呢
I'll think about it.
我会考虑的
Whoa! Whoa!
喔哦
Jack, you should feel lucky
Jack 你该觉着庆幸
that Olivia has blessed you with this knowledge.
Olivia赏光让你享受她的专业知识
You know, some day, Mom is gonna spend hundreds of dollars
你知道吧 总有一天老妈会花几百块
for you to get this same kind of therapy.
让你去做一样的心理咨♥询♥
Good.
好吧
Because I saw Grandma changing for the pool once,
那也是因为我之前有次撞见奶奶换泳装
and it really messed me up.
留下了好大的心理阴影
Ugh.
恶
Even though Bow told me to ignore Gary,
尽管Bow让我无视Gary
it didn't seem like he was going to let me do that.
看起来好像他也不会放过我
Hold everything. Dre's got a problem.
都停一下 Dre有麻烦了
My money is on bad credit score.
我打赌是因为信誉分低
No.
不是
Bow's White cousin Gary...
Bow的白人表兄Gary
he wants to talk to me about race.
他想跟我聊聊种族问题
How is that a problem for you?
对你来说不该是个麻烦啊
Yeah, you talk so much about race, Dre,
是啊 你对种族问题滔滔不绝啊 Dre
I watch "American History X" Totally differently now.
我现在对<美国X档案>的看法都颠覆了
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表