Do you know why?
你知道为什么吗
Because the vitamin is in the skin, Cameron.
因为维他命在皮里 Cameron
The skin of the potato.
在土豆皮里
Yeah.
是
I'm sure you've heard this before,
我相信你之前也听过
but just... be less.
但就 戏少点
I'm sorry.
不好意思
I just... I have so much help to give.
我就是 想奉献更多
Maybe if you gave me a position
或许你能给我一个
that was more engaging, with people.
与人交流更多的岗位吗
How about you engage me with a fully peeled potato,
你交给我削干净皮的土豆如何
and we can talk.
那我们还能谈谈
Uh-huh.
呃
Maybe we can talk about your management style,
也许我们可以谈谈你的管理方式
because I... have...
因为我有
some... thoughts.
一些自己的想法
Junior may not have believed
Junior可能还不相信
I was Compton through and through,
我是土生土长的康普顿人
but a guided tour through the old neighborhood
但轻车熟路地穿梭于老宅旧巷
on the way to the Grill Prince would prove him wrong.
然后直达烧烤王子店 会证明他错了
Ooh, hey, son, you see that alley right there?
哦 嘿 儿子 看见那条小巷了吗
That's where I broke Ben Harkins' ankle playing football.
那儿就是我踢球弄断Ben Harkins脚踝的地方
Ruined his prom.
害他无缘期末舞会
Man.
天呐
Am I gonna be nostalgic about the horrible things I've done someday?
有朝一日我也会追忆感慨自己干过的坏事吗
It's like these streets raised me.
可以说这些街头哺育了我
I can almost smell
我几乎能闻到
the burgers cooking from around the corner.
他们正在街角烹制的汉堡了
Is it behind that laundromat?
是在那家自助洗衣店后面吗
Oh, no.
哦 不是
Uh, I was confused.
呃 我搞错了
It's after the laundromat.
过了那家自助洗衣店就到了
Dad. Hmm?
老爸 怎么了
You know, we've passed that funeral home twice now.
你知道的吧 咱们路过那家殡仪馆两次了
Are you sure you don't want me to look it up on my phone?
确定不需要我在手♥机♥上查一下地址吗
Boy, who am I? Ronnie?
小子 你以为我是谁 Ronnie吗
All right, he's the one that's not from Compton anymore.
要知道 他才是那个不再有康普顿身份的人
He moved to Long Beach to take care of his daddy,
他搬到了长岛去照顾他老爹
like we wouldn't notice.
还以为我们不会发现
Dad, it's okay if you're lost.
老爸 就算你迷路也没关系的
I am not lost!
我才没有迷路
The Grill Prince is across from the third check-cashing spot
烧烤王子店就在过了罗斯克兰斯大道左手边
on the left-hand side after Rosecrans,
第三个支票兑换点对面
before you get to the lamp store,
到灯具店之前的路段
where Rocky Travis used to have his seizures.
就是之前Rocky Travis癫痫发作的地方
Yeah. My map says it's miles away.
是嘛 我手♥机♥地图显示在好几公里开外
Okay. Uh...
好吧 呃
It's before Rosecrans.
在到罗斯克兰斯大道之前
Oh.
哦
Guess again.
再想想
Even if I didn't know what street I was on,
就算不知道我现在在哪条街
I knew exactly where I was...
我也准确地知道我在哪儿
right by my old middle school.
就在我中学母校附近
Nope.
不对
I was right by where my mama got her hair done.
我在老妈理发的地方附近
Damn it. I was lost in Compton.
操了 我在康普顿迷路了
Hey, there's the rec center!
嘿 快看 我们到活动中心了
Uh-oh.
啊哦
I know sad whiskey when I see it.
一眼就看出来你的威士忌很忧伤
You guys raised me right.
你们把我养育的很好
You gave me the ball, and I fumbled it.
你们给我传了好球 而我漏接了
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Baby, it's okay.
宝贝 没事的
You got lost in Compton. It happens.
不就是在康普顿迷路了 很正常
Yeah, you think I still know my way around Detroit?
没错 你以为我还记得底特律的路吗
Last time back, I couldn't even find the Silverdome.
上次回去 我甚至都找不到银顶体育场
Turns out, they blew it up.
结果发现 是被炸掉了
But I did not change my birth certificate.
但我的出生证明也没变啊
You know, so much of what makes me me
要知道 是这么多在康普顿的成长经历
comes from growing up in Compton,
让我之所以是我
and now I feel like I'm turning my back
现在我觉得自己为了在这里生活
on who I am for living here.
而背弃了自我
Well, at least you know why you did it.
这个嘛 至少你知道自己为何如此
Better schools, bigger houses,
更好的学校 更大的房♥子
fancy driveway for your fancy car,
宝马香车配私家车道
and most of all, you did it for your kids.
最重要的是 你是为了孩子才这么做
Can you imagine Junior
你能想象Junior在
growing up on the streets you grew up on?
你长大的街道上长大吗
Mm-hmm.
呵呵
He wouldn't even last a day.
他甚至一天都撑不下去
A day? An hour.
一天吗 一个小时吧
I mean, it's crazy that it has to be like that.
最离谱的是我还必须得这么做
Talk to him. All right, listen.
跟他谈谈 这样 听我说
Now, that's enough with the pity party, okay?
别再没完没了地自怨自艾了 好吗
No self-respecting Black man has ever had the time
没有哪个自尊自强的黑人会有那个时间
or the mental bandwidth
或者精神头
for a downward spiral.
去怠惰消沉
Not even Muhammad Ali,
哪怕是拳王阿里
and he had to fight the United States government
他还要去跟美国政♥府♥抗争
and George Foreman.
去跟George Foreman战斗
You? You stuck on some White [bleep].
你呢 你就爱买♥♥些白人玩意儿
Yeah. Okay.
是嘛 好吧
Like somebody from Sherman Oaks. Mmhmm.
就像谢尔曼橡树街的某些人一样 嗯哼
Come on, Ruby, let's get out of here
走吧 Ruby 咱们出去吧
before he orders a Peloton.
趁他还没下单买♥♥派乐腾牌单车
You're okay.
你行的
Too late.
走晚了
Hey, guys. Hey!
嘿 两位 嘿
I'm really sorry about today.
今天真的对不住
Next time, we are gonna volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.
下回 咱们去仁爱之家做志愿者吧
They know how to treat talent.
他们比较知人善用
Actually, today was awesome.
其实吧 今天超棒的
Yeah, we had a really good time.
没错 今天的经历真的很棒
What... You did?
什么 确定吗
We realized that volunteering isn't about just holding a tray.
我们意识到做志愿者不仅仅是端端盘子
It's about a connection with someone that's less fortunate
而是跟那些不幸者建立联♥系♥
and being grateful for all the things that we have.
并且对我们拥有的事物心怀感恩
Go on.
继续
I never thought I'd say this, but it was nice.
从没想过我会这么说 但感觉真好
Wait a minute.
等等
You guys spent time with strangers
你俩跟陌生人相处
and actually gained something from the experience?
而且真的从这段经历上有所得吗
Yeah, Mom. Isn't that what you wanted?
是的 老妈 这不正是你想要的吗
Yes. Yes. Of course I did.
是是 确实是
That's the lesson I wanted you guys to get.
这正是我想让你们上的人生一课
I mean... whether you are bonding with strangers
我是说 不管你们是结交陌生人
or peeling potatoes...
还是削土豆
you make the same difference.
都有同样的意义
Uh...
呃
I don't know if that's the same difference.
我不太肯定这两件事是否意义相同
Yes, it is.
就是相同
That's the lesson that I was teaching you.
这就是我想给你上的课
Is it, though?
是吗
Um...
呃
I'm sorry. Who's the parent here?
抱歉 这里谁是家长
You?
你
Yeah.
没错
So, when you guys have your own children,
所以 当你们有了自己的孩子
then you can decide what the lessons are.
就能决定给他们上什么课了
Yeah? Okay.
明白了吧 好吧
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表