剧集 | 梅菲尔女巫(2023) | 导航列表
maybe we could squeeze my mother in
也许我们可以把我妈妈插♥进♥去
if I was already there working.
你认识丹尼尔·莱姆勒
So you know Daniel Lemle.
我想也许你能帮我美言几句
I thought maybe you could put in a good word for me.
你想让我说什么
What word would you have me use?
"工作努力"
"Hardworking,"
"表现出色" 你想说什么都行
"impressive," maybe, whatever you think.
我认为丹尼尔·莱姆勒是我们最重要的捐赠人之一
I think Daniel Lemle is one of our most important donors.
我不确定能不能推荐
And I'm not sure I could recommend
一名出于个人需求而申请这个职位的医生
a doctor who would be applying for his position for personal reasons.
我绝不会让我妈妈的事
I would never let the situation with my mom
影响我的工作
get in the way of my work.
我想你很了解我
I think you know me well enough
知道我追求完美 有专业素养
to know that I'm a consummate professional.
好吧 那我问你
Oh, well, let me ask you something.
那个男孩说想玩《我的世界》时
When that boy wanted to play "Minecraft,"
你有立即告诉他不可以玩电子游戏吗
you told him right then, no video games?
我 可能说了
I...may have mentioned.
就在刚才 你表现得像是你没有说过
And yet just now, you made it seem like you hadn't,
就像是我的主意
like it was my idea.
我实话跟你说吧
I'm gonna be honest with you.
你藏不住你的 怎么说呢
You really can't hide your-- what would you call it--
傲慢 自我优越感
arrogance, sense of superiority?
你确实努力掩盖了
You do try.
你演出很恭敬的样子
You make a good show of being deferential.
但你打心底里一直坚信你是对的
But underneath, you're always very sure that you're right,
就像今天在手术室里那样
like today in the operating theater.
我确实是对的 -你是走运
I was right. - You were lucky.
你还没准备好掌权
You're not ready to take the reins.
我知道这话刺耳
I know that's hard to hear,
但我这么说出于多种原因
but I say that for a number of reasons.
你必须要有能力领导所有人
You have to be able to lead everybody,
不仅是女性医生和女性门徒
not just your female surgeons and mentees.
怎么 怎么了
What? What's the matter?
凯克医生
Dr. Keck!
上帝保佑我 我有罪
Bless me, Father, for I have sinned.
我四次对主不敬
Mm, I took the Lord's name in vain four times--
其实是很多次
Well... A lot of times.
我趁萨拉修女背过身的时候
I gave Sister Sarah the finger
又一次...对她竖中指
when her back was turned-- again.
那个男人呢
What about the man?
我几乎见不到他了
I hardly ever see him anymore.
迪尔德丽
Deirdre...
撒谎也是罪
lying is also a sin.
我想他一直都在我的身边
I guess he has always been around,
我母亲去世前就存在了
even since before my mother died,
所以他就像家人一样
which makes him like family,
比家人还要好得多
only way better,
你知道我的嬷嬷们有多疯
because you know how crazy my aunts are.
所以 我很感激他
So... I'm grateful to him.
即使在我还小的时候
Even when I was little,
他都能明白我的感受
he always knew what I was feeling.
他是真的关心我
He actually cared about me.
但现在我长大了 不再需要他了
But now that I'm older, I don't need him anymore.
希望的确如此
I hope that's true.
十遍《天主经》 三遍《圣母经》
Ten Our Fathers, three Hail Marys,
一遍《痛悔经》
one Act of Contrition--
虽然你一遍都不会诵
not that you'll do any of them.
住手
Stop it.
马上停下
Stop it now.
姑娘们 偷圣坛的花是大罪
Girls, to steal flowers off the altar is a cardinal sin.
我们没有偷
We didn't steal them.
是风把它们吹进了我们怀里
They just blew into our arms.
姑娘们 停下
Girls, stop it.
我刚和达菲神父聊起你
I was just talking about you to Father Duffy.
他说我什么你都不要信
Don't believe a word he says about me.
迪尔德丽
Deirdre!
都跑你头发里了
They're all in your hair.
迪尔德丽
Deirdre!
她就是不听话 不听话
Oh, she doesn't listen. She doesn't.
你就是不听
You never listen.
我告诉过你多少次了
How many times have I told you
别去激他
not to encourage him?
说了千百次了 你还是不听我的话
Thousands, and yet you refuse to obey me.
不是我要他来的
I didn't ask him to come.
你怎么就不明白我是在保护你
Why can't you see that I am trying to protect you?
回房♥间吧
Just go to your room
反思一下你的行为
and think about what you've done.
总有一天我们会去那里的
We'll go there someday.
我十岁时你就这么说
You've been saying that since I was ten years old,
到现在还没去过
and here I am.
她把你关在这里是因为我
She locked you up because of me,
你倒生气了
and now you're angry.
她把我当小孩
She treats me like a child--
我习惯了 但连你也这样
that's no surprise-- but so do you.
因为你就是个孩子
Because you are a child.
不 我不是
No, I'm not.
你行为举止就像个孩子
You're behaving like one,
在房♥间里闷闷不乐
pouting in your room,
耍小性子
throwing a temper tantrum.
因为我不想再玩你的把戏了
Because I don't want to play your games anymore.
你知道我对你的感情
You know how I feel about you...
你也知道我想要什么
and you know what I want from you.
我们都清楚那是不可能的
We both know it's impossible.
你母亲在你这么大的时候
When your mother was your age,
在像今天这样的夜晚
on a night like this,
她会从衣柜深处找出
she'd pull out the dress she had hidden
藏起来的裙子
in the back of the closet,
消失在棚屋下 去参加派对
disappear down the trellis to a party.
你科特兰叔叔家每晚都在开派对
There's always a party at your uncle Cortland's.
但这不合理啊
But that makes no sense.
我知道不合理
I know it doesn't make sense,
但突然
but suddenly...
我想象出了凯克的大脑
I was picturing Keck's brain,
就 我是说 他的动脉
like, I mean, his actual artery
在输送血液
pumping blood.
然后他就倒下了
And--and then he collapsed.
我很抱歉凯克医生住院了
I'm sorry that Dr. Keck is in the hospital,
但我不明白这和你有什么关系
but I don't see what that has to do with you.
因为你没认真听我讲
Because you're not listening to me.
听什么 你讲的科幻故事吗
What, the sci-fi part of the story?
你没看见他脑袋的内部
You didn't see inside his brain
也没有用大脑对他的大脑发射激光
or shoot rays from your head into his head.
我没说是激光
I didn't say rays.
妈 拜托 听我说 妈
Mom, please, listen, Mom.
你记得露西·斯通吗 我二年级的同学
Remember Lucy Stone from second grade?
他们说她是癫痫发作
They said that she'd had a seizure.
但我记得的是 我看到了她大脑内部
But what I remember is seeing inside her head,
然后她就倒下了
and then she collapsed.
你是认真的吗
Are you serious?
要是我去读他的检查报告
If I read his medical report
要是报告上说他是左颈内动脉破裂
and it says that he ruptured his left internal carotid artery,
也就是我当时看到的
which is what I saw when I was--
我看到了 可是
I saw--but...
也许我没看到
maybe I didn't see it.
也许 这只是某种神经活动
Maybe it was just some neurological event,
又或者这是某种基因遗传
or it's some genetic condition.
但是那样我就要知道我的基因来源才能诊断
But, then, I'd need to know my genetics to diagnose that.
但我不知道 -别说了
And I don't know my genetics. - Please.
不是吗 -别又说这个
Do I? - Please, not this.
可如果我知道我的父母是谁
剧集 | 梅菲尔女巫(2023) | 导航列表