我父亲 很久之前的事
My father. A long time ago.
他喜欢打猎 那是猎枪
He loves hunting. It's a hunting rifle.
不是因为“我要防身”什么的
See, it's not there so I can defend myself.
他给你猎枪干什么
Why did he give you a hunting rifle?
不知道 可能他觉得我会喜欢
I don't know. Maybe he thought I'd like it.
或者我们能一起干点什么
Or that it was something that we could do together.
可我从没用过它
I've never even used it.
我讨厌打猎 还有和打猎沾边的一切
I hate hunting and everything that goes along with it.
那你为什么要留着它
So, why do you keep it?
不要岔开话题
Nicholas, this is not what we are talking about.
我想不通你为什么要这么对待自己
I don't understand why you are doing this kind of thing.
我知道
I know.
你在之前的学校发生了什么
What happened at your last school?
现在该告诉我了吧
It's might be the time to tell me about it, don't you think?
肯定发生了什么事 否则
Because something must have happened, otherwise...
尼古拉斯
Nicholas.
你不想告诉我的话 我希望你能告诉心理医生
Okay, if you don't wanna talk to me about it. I hope you'll talk to your therapist.
拜托 这很重要
Please, this is important.
好了 没事
It's okay.
我去拿点消毒液 - 不用了 皮外伤而已
I'll go get some disinfectant. - No, it's just scratches.
知道吗…
You know...
伤在你身上
When you hurt yourself...
疼在我心里
It's as if you are doing it to me.
你伤害妈妈的时候 疼在我心里
And when you hurt Mom, you were doing it to me.
大家好
Hi, everybody.
请坐
Sit down.
谢谢大家赏光
Thanks, everybody, for being here.
我们今天在座的人才济济
We have the pick of the bunch with us today.
史蒂文 请给我杯咖啡 - 是 先生
Steven, can you get me a coffee? - Yes, sir.
很好 我们任务非常繁重 那么…
Good. We have a lot to get through. So,
先来看看我们讨论过的各项议题
let's review the items we've discussed so far.
议题第一项是医疗保健
The first item on the agenda is health care.
大家知道
And as you know...
这是我十分关心的一个议题
that is the subject and topic that is close to my heart.
所以在竞选当中 我们的侧重点也会在这方面
So, on the campaign I will be focusing on that a lot.
爸爸 这里有鲸鱼吗
Dad, are there whales around here?
鲸鱼 - 对
Whales? - Yes.
不 我想没有 - 那海豚呢
No, I do not think so. - And dolphins?
海豚 有 有时候能看到
Dolphins, yeah. You see them sometimes.
有时候它们会到船边来
Sometimes right by the boat.
你看到了? - 看到了
Have you seen one? - Yes.
彼得 - 爸爸
Peter! - Dad!
快 海里 - 什么?
quick, it's in the sea! - What?
我的帽子
My hat.
谢谢 祝你愉快
Thank you. Have a good day.
啊 你真早
You are early.
早 爸 - 早 进来吧
Hello, Dad. - Hello, come in.
说吧
Okay.
喝点什么
Would you like a drink?
好 喝点
Yeah, why not.
很好
Good.
加冰吗? - 不加
Ice? - No.
不加 好吧
No, okay.
不加冰
No ice cubes.
那么
So,
无事不登三宝殿
to what do I owe the honor of...
你是为什么事来的?
this spontaneous visit?
没什么事 我就是去华盛顿路过
No particular reason, I was just passing through D.C.
来看看你怎么样
and wanted to see how you were doing.
别听信我身体不好的谣言
Don't listen to the rumors about my health.
我好得很 就是有点小毛病
There's nothing wrong with me. Just minor complaint.
我现在再健康不过了
I've never been fitter.
那就好
Good.
玛利亚给我们准备了简单的午餐
Maria has prepared a little something, a little lunch for us.
鸭肉 听着怎么样?
Duck. How does that sound?
很好 - 好 干杯
Great. - Good. Cheers.
干杯
Cheers.
欢迎你
Welcome.
这个时代有个问题就是 人们都在害怕
The problem these days is people are scared of everything.
看看你身边
Just look around you.
到处都是哭鼻子的胆小鬼
Bunch of sniffling cowards.
没人敢冒险去做什么了
Nobody ever wants to take any kind of a risk anymore.
所以西方世界也维持不了多久了
That's why the West is not going to last much longer.
这话我都说了多少年了
I've been saying it for years...
现在事实证明 我是对的
and the facts are beginning to bear me out.
你知道 要说精力 勇气 进取心
And if you're looking for energy, courage, enterprise.
我不得不说 你得去亚洲才能看到
I'm sorry to say this, but you have to go to Asia.
未来几十年 不会再是华盛顿
The coming decades it won't be in Washington
而会是中国北♥京♥的天下
it will be in China, Beijing.
不要了 谢谢 玛利亚 很美味
No, thank you, Maria. It was delicious.
我很荣幸 - 谢谢
My pleasure. - Thanks.
不了 谢谢
No, thanks.
接下来…
So...
说说你怎么想 你不是不喜欢这个城市嘛
What about you? Tell me. I thought you hated this city.
还待在这里干什么?
What are you doing this neck of the woods?
我和布莱恩·哈默有个会 他要参加初选
I had a meeting with Brian Hammer. Yeah, He's gonna stand in the Primaries.
对 我知道
Yes, I know.
他想让我帮他竞选
And he wants me to help him with his campaign.
他让你加入他的队伍 - 对
He's offered to take you on his team? - Yes.
很好
Good.
不过我还没决定要不要去
But I haven't decided if I'm going to accept.
有不去的理由吗?
Why not?
问题是 那样我就更忙了 还有…
Problem is that it will take up too much of my time.
所以呢?
So?
所以很纠结
So it's complicated.
纠结什么 - 时机不对
What's complicated about it? - It's not a really good time.
尼古拉斯现在过得不太好
Nicholas is going through a difficult spell.
他十七岁了
He's 17.
搬来跟我过 才刚刚有点好转
He's come to live with me, and he's improving,
但我觉得 他还是有些脆弱
but I think he's still a little fragile.
所以这个时候我不想…
I just wouldn't want to be away when he's...
怎么了?
What?
所以你才来看我 让我看看你是多好的父亲
Is it why you came to see me? Tell me what a good Dad you are?
不是 - 肯定是
No. - Obviously, it is.
你来让我见识你不可辩驳的道德水平
You came to show me your irrefutable proof of your moral superiority,
没错吧?
is that's it?
来向我展示 你能为了儿子放弃你的远大前程
You came to demonstrate me that you can give up your ambitions to look after your son
你不像我 对吧?
as opposed to me, right?
绝不是那样
Not at all.
这么说 你还很介意 是吗?
So you're still at it, huh? Really?
都已经四十年了 还在怪我?
Blaming me for what happened forty years ago?
是啊
Yeah.
还想告诉我 你是个模范父亲
Still trying to show me what a model Dad you are,
哇哦
Wow.
你想让我怎么样?给你鼓掌?
So, what do you want? Applause?
你真优秀
Bravo.
听你这么说很好笑 因为…
It's funny you should say that because...
我那天还想起了我像尼古拉斯这么大的时候
Just the other day I was thinking again about the time when I was Nicholas's age.
我说得没错吧? - 对 我妈病的时候
See? - Yeah. When mom was ill.
我每天放学去医院看她
I went to see her in the hospital every day after school,
陪着她 可从来没见过你的影子
and slept with her, and you never showed up.
你一直在四处奔波
You were traveling all the time.
我在工作
I was working.
可在她去世一周前 我碰到了汤姆
But the week before she died I ran into Tom,
他说前一晚还和你一起共进了晚餐
and he told me that he'd had dinner with you the night before.
我都不知道你那时在城里
I did not even know you were in town.
你觉得没必要告诉我们或者来看看她
You didn't think it was worth telling us or coming to see her?
欲加之罪何患无辞
I can easily take on the role of monster
我肯定比不了你的完美
and bow to your perfection.
对 你是很受伤
Yes, you have suffered so much and...
电影精选列表