a husband, fancies some other woman,
一个丈夫,迷上某个别的女人,
you don't treat him as a criminal.
你又不能把他当成罪犯对待。
You don't. I doubt if you would, either.
你不能。 我怀疑你是否也会这样。
It's very painful, but it's painful for him, too.
太痛苦了,他也痛苦。
He's very fond of me
他非常喜欢我。
and I'd like to keep him so.
而且我想留住他。
Even if it means letting him go?
你是说你心太软?
No.
不。
Simply by not making him suffer too much for hurting me.
只是不想让他因为伤害我而过于痛苦。
After all, I don't own him.
毕竟,我并不拥有他。
I only love him.
我只是爱她。
Hello, Baker. Mrs. Keane home?
你好,Baker。Keane太太在家吗?
I'm in here, Tony.
我在这,Tony。
Hello, darling.
你好,亲爱的。
You're just in time for tea.
你正好赶上喝茶。
Pour me a cup, will you?
给我一杯,好吗?
How was the journey? Not very interesting.
旅行愉快吗? 不是很有意思。
You're doing your hair a new way.
你弄了个新发型。
No, you've seen it like this hundreds of times.
没有,这个样子你都看上百回了。
Would you rather I didn't talk?
你就愿意我这样沉默?
What do you mean?
你什么意思?
Nothing at all. It's just that you look a bit tired.
根本没什么。只是你显得疲倦。
No, there's really nothing to tell you, dear.
不是,真没什么可以告诉你的,亲爱的。
It's a big house, rather what you'd expect. You know the Lake District.
那是个大宅子,不是你想的那样。 你知道英格兰湖区吗?
Oh, Tony.
哦,Tony。
What is it you want to know about, dear?
你想知道什么,亲爱的?
Nothing. Actually...
没有。实际上...
Shall we dine early, or would you like to sleep for a bit?
要不我们早点吃饭,或者你先睡一会儿?
I suppose you hate her, don't you?
我猜你很恨她,不是吗?
Let's not talk about it, Tony.
我们不要谈这个,Tony。
I'm trying hard. I'm hoping...
我正努力。我正盼望...
You're hoping that I'll lose the case.
你正盼望我输掉这场官司。
I wouldn't blame you, darling, no matter what you hoped for.
我不会怪你的,亲爱的,无论你盼望什么。
You've been my life, Tony, and for such a long time.
你一直是我的生命,Tony,而且这么久了。
Do you think I could ever want anything bad for you?
你觉得我盼望过任何对你不利的东西吗?
No. I suppose not.
没有。我想没有。
I won't deny there have been moments when I've wished the worst for her.
我不否认有时候我希望她倒大霉。
It's not easy to face the thought of losing you.
面对失去你的想法太难了。
We've been really married, really truly married,
我们已经是真实的婚姻,实实在在的婚姻。
as few people have been.
和其它一些人一样。
Yes, I've lain awake alone, night after night,
是的,我曾经独自失眠,一夜又一夜,
and I've been tempted to pray that she'd...
而且我不由得祈祷她会...
But I've come to a conclusion, Tony.
但我已经得出结论,Tony。
I want her to live.
我希望她能活着。
I want very much for her to live.
我非常希望她能活着。
And I hope she gets free, Scot-free, free to kill
而且我希望她能获得自♥由♥,免于处罚,免于死刑
or take other wives' husbands
或者与有妇之夫偷♥情♥
or do anything else that comes into that beautiful head of hers.
或者做任何她美丽的脑子想做的事。
I don't understand.
我不明白。
You can't really care what happens to her.
你不能真的在乎她的什么事。
But I do. I care very much.
可我在乎。我非常在乎。
Not for any noble reasons.
没有任何高尚的理由。
I do hate her.
我就是恨她。
But because I want all this business over and done with,
但因为我希望所有这些都能结束,
and an end to your being all mixed up, part lawyer, part lover.
结束你的混乱,又是律师,又是情人。
What nonsense!
太荒谬了!
Nonsense.
荒谬。
All right, frustrated lover, then.
好吧,失意的情人,行了。
Yes, and part husband still. Because you're not finished with me.
是的,又还是丈夫。因为你我还没结束。
You wouldn't have come back home today if you were.
如果结束了,你今天就不会回家了。
I've seen your torture, and I've loved you all the more for letting it torture you.
我看到了你的痛苦,并因痛苦折磨你而更爱你。
I know the depth of your feelings. Yes, Gay.
我了解你感情的深厚。 是的,Gay。
I know it, and I'm counting on it.
我了解它,而且我依赖它。
All I ask is that she lives, so the fight can be an even one.
我只要求她活着,这样竞争才会公平。
Because if she dies,
因为如果她死了,
you're lost to me forever.
对我来说,你就永远输了。
I know you'll go on thinking that you love her.
我知道你会继续认为你爱她。
You'll go on imagining her as your great, lost love.
你会继续相像她是你伟大的、求之不得的爱。
May I tell you something, Tony?
我能告诉你一些事吗,Tony?
You don't love her.
你不爱她。
No, you don't.
不,你不爱。
I may not be the cleverest woman in the world.
我可能不是世上最聪明的女人。
There are lots of things I don't know.
有很多事我不知道。
But there's one thing I know better than anyone else:
我有一件事我比任何人都清楚:
I know you.
我了解你。
My dear, if only... I don't want you to say anything.
我亲爱的,如果仅仅... 你不要说话。
But I do ask you for the most brilliant job of your entire career.
但我就要你完成这件整个职业生涯中最出色的工作。
I want you to win this case.
我要你打赢这场官司。
I want you to get her free.
我要你让她自♥由♥。
There.
这个。
I've made my speech.
我完成了个演讲。
What a speech.
多精彩的演讲。
That's what comes of being married to a lawyer.
这就是为什么要嫁给律师的原因。
I'm going up to change now.
我现在上去换衣服了。
You coming along, darling? Yes, in a minute.
你一起来吗,亲爱的? 好,一分钟内。
Are you ready, Mrs. Paradine?
准备好了吗,Paradine夫人?
Silence. All persons who have anything further to do before the Lords,-the King's justices of oyer and terminer, and general jail delivery-for the jurisdiction of the Central Criminal Court,
肃静。任何人如果对高等刑事法庭的国王 大♥法♥官大人及中♥央♥刑事法♥院♥管辖权存在异议,
draw near and give your attendance.
请呈上并备案。
Wait here. God save the King.
等在这。 天佑吾王。
Bring forth the prisoner.
带嫌疑犯。
Maddalena Anna Paradine.
玛德莱娜·安娜·帕拉丁。
You are charged with the murder of Richard Patrick Irving Paradine-on May 6 last.
你被指控于最近的5月6日谋杀Richard Patrick Irving Paradine。
Are you guilty or not guilty?
你有罪还是无罪?
Not guilty.
无罪。
But Gay, darling, I don't see how you can possibly stay away.
可是Gay,亲爱的,我不懂你怎么可能不在场。
No, Tony won't be able to see you. We'll be in the gallery.
不,Tony应该看不到你。我们坐的是旁听席。
Just two more dim faces.
只不过两张模糊的脸。
On the night of May 6,
在5月6日晚上,
at a time we may be able to fix within the compass of a few minutes,
在一个我们也许能确定是几分钟内的时间,
some persons or person administered to Richard Paradine
某些人或某个人给予了Richard Paradine
a murderous dose of poison.
一种致命剂量的毒药。
For at 9:30 he was heard calling for help,
9点30分时,有人听到他大声求救,
and a few minutes later he died painfully-before he could be reached by his old comrade-in-arms-and faithful servant, Andre Latour.
并且在其战友和忠实仆人,Andre Latour 到达之前,几分钟内就痛苦死去。
You'll hear that on the night of May 6 a quarrel took place,
有人听到在5月6日晚上发生了争吵,
in which the participants were Colonel Paradine,
参与争吵的是Paradine上校,
Mrs. Paradine, and Andre Latour.
Paradine夫人,还有Andre Latour。
The Colonel, being in a very agitated state,
上校,心情非常激动,
shut himself up in his bedroom alone.
把自己一个人关在卧室里。
The butler took his dinner up to him,
管家把晚餐端到他面前,
a dinner consisting of roast chicken,
晚餐包括烤油鸡,
roast potatoes, and cauliflower Au gratin.
烤土豆和奶油焗花菜。
Later he asked that a single glass of burgundy should be put by his bedside
后来他要求把杯勃艮第酒放在床边。
so that he would know exactly where to feel for it.
这样他要喝的时候就能容易拿到。
A single glass of burgundy, ladies and gentlemen.
一杯勃艮第酒,女士们先生们。
Farrell's off to a good start.
Farrell开局很不错。
You're aware of the Colonel's character.
大家都知道这位上校的品质。
He was a man cast in heroic mold.
他是个英雄模范人物。
One looks back on his life with humility and pride.
人们怀着谦恭与骄傲的心情回顾他的一生。
He was like a reincarnation from the spacious days of Queen Elizabeth.
他好像是从伊丽莎白女王黄金时代穿越过来的人。
Incredibly daring, illimitably adventurous.
英勇无比,无所畏惧。
And this man, this man of dynamic energy,
然而这个人,这样一位充满正能量的人物,
is doomed suddenly to darkness, and the life of a helpless invalid.
却宿命地陷入黑暗,陷入伤残军人的无助中。
Members of the jury,
各位陪审团成员,
we must surely pity this woman,
我们当然一定会同情这位女士。
chained as she was to a ruined giant,
她像一个被打垮的巨人一样失去自♥由♥,
who was burning with a dreadful resentment.
怀着可怕的仇恨。
One could forgive an occasional outburst or demonstration of impatience from her.
人们可以原谅她的一次偶然暴发或者烦躁表现。
But the odd thing, ladies and gentlemen,
但问题在于,女士们先生们,
is that outwardly this woman was a model of patience.
表面上看,这位女士堪称坚强忍♥耐的典范。
But heaven knows what sultry fires were banked within.
可上帝才知道内心被压抑的是怎样的欲望之火。
电影精选列表