neither will I speak to them myself touching the trial held here this day,
今天参与在此审判的我本人也不会与他们交谈,
unless it be to ask them if they are agreed upon their verdict,
除非是问询是否同意他们的判决,
without leave of the court.
未经法庭许可。
Tony.
Tony。
Keane. Keane!
Keane。Keane!
Keane.
Keane。
Tony's torn him to pieces. It was horrible.
Tony把他撕成碎片。 这太可怕了。
But, darling, you've got to remember it's Tony's job.
但是,亲爱的,你必须记住这是Tony的职业。
Well, it's gone well for us this morning. Really well.
好吧,今天早上我们还不错。真的不错。
Has it?
是吗?
Surely you must know that. I am not a lawyer.
当然你必须知道这个。 我不是律师。
Good heavens, you're a clever woman. Don't you realize how I shook him?
我的天,你是个精明女人。你没觉得我使他多震撼?
You have not kept faith with me.
你对我没有信心。
What do you mean?
你在说什么?
I did not agree to what you have done today.
我不同意你今天所做所为。
I objected when you wanted to make it appear-that Andre had helped my husband kill himself.
我反对你想要造成的Andre帮助我丈夫自杀的情节。
I objected even to that.
我甚至反对那样。
And now you make him out to be a murderer.
而且现在你把他抛出来做凶手。
No, I will not forgive you for what you have done today.
不,我不会原谅你今天的所做所为。
Forgive me?
原谅我?
When I have exhausted myself destroying everything in an effort to save you?
在我殚精竭虑不顾一切地努力拯救你的时候?
I did not ask you to do that.
我没有请求你那么做。
Forgive me? You forgive me?
原谅我?你原谅我?
I was idiot enough to fall in love with you.
我竟然傻到爱上你。
Do you hear that?
你听到了吗?
If it's true, how could you deceive me as you've done today?
如果这是真的,你怎么能像今天那样误导我?
Look.
你看。
The case has narrowed itself down to this, one of three things:
案子已经缩小到这样的范围,三种情况之一:
Either your husband managed somehow to poison himself,
不是你丈夫设法毒死了自己,
or Latour did it,
就是Latour干的,
or you did it. As you like.
或者是你干的。 随你怎么说。
But I will not have you making Andre a murderer.
但我不想让你把Andre变成杀人犯。
Are you in love with him?
你爱上他了?
What has that to do with it? You're my lawyer, not my lover.
二者有什么关系?你是我的律师,不是我的情人。
Yes.
对。
Someone else said something very like that to me recently.
最近也有人对我说了差不多这样的话.
I should like to know whether you intend to continue with the case.
我要知道你是否打算继续做这桩案子。
Yes, of course. I am planning to cut out all the witnesses except you.
是,当然是。我正打算排除所有证人,除你之外。
I'm going to rely on your evidence and my final speech to save you.
我将采信你提供的证词然后用最终陈述拯救你。
I know I can trust you. I feel it.
我知道我能够信任你。我有直觉。
Yes, you can trust me.
是的,你能够信任我。
You will save me.
你将拯救我。
But not at his expense.
但不以他为代价。
You understand that, don't you?
你明白这点,不是吗?
I suppose that's the only way to save you.
我设想只有一个办法能救你。
You are not to destroy him.
你不能毁了他。
If you do,
如果你这样做,
I shall hate you as I've never hated a man.
我会恨你,而我从没恨过一个男人。
I must go on the way I've begun. I must act according to my own view.
我必须不忘初心继续前进。我必须坚定信念雷厉风行。
You can do what you like. I'm not finished with Latour yet.
你可以你行你素。我和Latour的事还没结束。
After that, I shall put you into the box. You can say what you like there.
之后,我将请你到证人席。在那你可以畅所欲言。
My questions will be mine, your answers yours.
我问我的,你答你的。
Now, Latour,
现在,Latour,
you remember your evidence,-during the quarrel, the Colonel used strong language with you?
你还记得你的证言说,在争吵中, 上校对你用了非常激烈的言词?
Yes, sir. Did he discharge you?
是的,先生。 他解雇你了吗?
I didn't know what to think. It was all a lie she told about my leaving...
我不知道该怎么想。关于我的离开 她所说的全是谎言...
Yes, yes, we've heard about that.
是的,是的,我们听过这么说。
Did you assume that you were discharged?
你有设想过你被解雇了吗?
Yes, sir. I suppose so.
是的,先生。我是这样想的。
Aren't you aware that Mrs. Paradine is the mistress of Hindley Hall?
你不觉得Paradine夫人是Hindley庄园的女主人吗?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
Let me review things for you, Latour.
让我为你回顾一下,Latour。
You supposed that you were discharged by the Colonel,-yet you continued in the employ of the woman-who allegedly lied about you to your master?
你设想过你被上校解雇了,但你继续受雇 于那个据说对你主人说你坏话的女人吗?
Well, answer me, Latour.
好了,回答我,Latour。
I think I wanted to help take care of the Colonel's estate.
我想过我要帮助照看上校的遗产。
There was nowhere else to go, so... Yes, yes.
无处可去,所以这样... 是的,是的。
Do I understand, Latour, that after the quarrel on the night of May 6
我没说错吧,Latour,5月6日晚上的争吵过后,
you never again saw Colonel Paradine alive?
你再没见过活着的Paradine上校?
Yes, sir. But you did see him dead.
是的,先生。 但你看到他的死亡。
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
When?
什么时候?
After Dr. Young left, I was told to clean up the room.
Young医生离开后,我被告知清理房♥间。
Who gave you these instructions?
谁给你的指示?
She did.
她给的。
Whom do you mean by "she"?
你所说的“她”是指谁?
Mrs. Paradine.
Paradine夫人。
While you were cleaning up the room,
在你清理房♥间的时候,
did you notice the wine glass?
你留意到那只酒杯吗?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
Did it still contain the burgundy?
它还装着勃艮第酒吗?
There were only a few drops in the bottom of the glass.
只在杯底剩下几滴。
You say there were a few drops left in the bottom of the glass?
你是说在杯底剩下几滴?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
If you were told that Dr. Young had examined the glass-after he had discovered that Colonel Paradine was dead...
如果你被告知Young医生在他发现 Paradine上校死亡后检查过玻璃杯...
That he'd examined the glass and found it to be clean,
而且他检查了杯子发现被清洗过了,
that it had been washed and dried, would you still hold to your statement
它被洗好并弄干,你仍然坚持你的表述
that there were a few drops of burgundy remaining in the bottom of the glass?
就是有几滴勃艮第酒残留在杯子底部?
Yes, sir. I still say the same thing.
是的,先生。我仍然这样说。
When did you wash and dry that glass, Latour?
你什么时候清洗并弄干那只杯子,Latour?
I never washed or dried that glass. I never touched it.
我从没有清洗或弄干那只杯子。我从没碰过它。
I left it just where it was.
我没动过它。
You stated that it was Mrs. Paradine who sent you in to clean up the room?
你说过叫你进去清理房♥间的是Paradine夫人?
Yes, sir. That after she sent you into the room,
是的,先生。 那么她叫你进房♥间后,
the glass of burgundy was not yet washed?
装勃艮第酒的杯子还没被清洗?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
Then it could not have been Mrs. Paradine who washed the glass.
那么清洗杯子的不可能是Paradine夫人。
Really, My Lord, all this is most improper.
实在是,法官大人,所有这些都太不合理了。
I simply must insist these questions be kept within bounds.
我只是坚持这些问题要不能不着边际。
Yes, I noticed that the learned counsel was tending to make points rather than ask questions.
是的,我注意到博学的律师更倾向于得分而非提问。
But I was reluctant to interfere, knowing how he resents interruption.
但我不便干涉,因为知道他有多讨厌被打断。
Latour, are you aware of the penalties of perjury?
Latour,你清楚做伪证的处罚吗?
Answer me.
回答我。
I've told the truth.
我说的是真话。
I put it to you, Andre Latour,
我告诉你,Andre Latour,
that Colonel Paradine had a reason for his rage with you that fatal night.
Paradine上校在那要命的晚上对你的愤怒有个原因。
A reason that had nothing to do with the trumped-up story-that you've told in this court.
一个与你在法庭上所说的莫须有的故事无关的原因。
Was it at Hindley Hall or in London that you first gave Mrs. Paradine occasion-to complain about your attentions?
是在Hindley庄园还是在London,你第一次 让Paradine夫人有理由抱怨你的关注?
It's not true. She never did.
这不是真的。她从没这样过。
And was she not at last forced to go to her husband
而且后来她没有被迫去找她丈夫
and beg him to dismiss you from his service?
并请求他解雇你?
I won't stand here and listen to these filthy lies.
我不想站在这听这些肮脏的谎言。
And was that, in fact, the cause, and the only cause
实际上,是这原因,并且只有这个原因
of the terrible scene which took place on the night of Colonel Paradine's death?
导致Paradine上校死亡那天晚上发生了可怕事情。
No, she can't say that.
没有,她不能那么说。
The Colonel knew, didn't he?
上校知道,不是吗?
He knew because she told him. Isn't that the truth?
他知道因为她告诉了他。这不是真♥相♥吗?
Answer the question. I will not answer.
回答这个问题。 我无话可说。
Why? Because you don't want to admit that he trusted you and you betrayed him?
为什么?因为你不想承认他信任你而你却背叛了他?
No, I did not. She can't put it on me. She has told you lies, and I hate her.
不,我没有。她不能污蔑我。她对你撒谎,我恨她。
Because she told her husband about you? No, she did not. He found out.
因为她向她丈夫告你状? 不,她没有。是他发现的。
Then you mean,
那么你是说,
he heard you speaking improperly to his wife?
他听到了你对他妻子说了不得体的话?
Yes.
是的。
My Lord, I've finished with the witness.
法官大人,我已经问完这位证人。
I didn't want to tell about it.
我不想说这个。
I didn't want to hurt his good name.
我不想损害他的好名声。
But you have spoken.
但你已经说了。
You and she. Both of you.
你和她。你们俩,
So I, too, will speak now.
还有我,现在来说说。
I am finished with the witness.
我已经问完这位证人。
电影精选列表