It took you five years to forgive that parting look.
5年的时间你才原谅那个表情。
It took her 50 years to perfect that look.
让她脸色好看得花50年。
You seem reasonably dry now. Better get dressed.
你看起来干得差不多了。最好把衣服穿上。
Darling, I'm not really mental.
亲爱的,我又不真的弱智。
I know you're not. But if I didn't pretend you were, now and then,
我知道你不是。但如果我不偶尔假装你是,
I couldn't possibly live with so wonderful and brilliant a man.
我不可能和一个优秀的才华横溢的人一起生活。
I use that sort of talk only on juries.
我只对陪审团那样说话。
Does it actually work? Come here.
真的开工了? 来吧。
No, darling, the Drydens are coming to dinner.
不,亲爱的,Drydens要来吃晚饭了。
Come here.
来嘛。
No, Tony, darling, please.
不,Tony,亲爱的,求你了。
You'll find her a strange woman, with an almost mystic calm.
你会发现她是个奇怪女人,冷静得近乎神秘。
How do you do, Sir Simon.
你好,Simon先生。
Well, here's the great man himself, Mrs. Paradine.
好吧,这就是那位高手本尊。Paradine夫人。
May I present my colleague, Mr. Keane?
我能介绍我的同事Keane先生吗?
How do you do? How do you do, Mrs. Paradine?
你好? 你好,Paradine夫人。
You may take heart now. We've got the Royal Marines on our side.
你放一万个心。我们这边可是皇家海军陆战队。
You're going to defend me?
你会为我辩护吗?
The Royal Marines look forward to very little trouble.
皇家海军陆战队认为这只是个小插曲。
A brief skirmish, and you'll be lunching at the Savoy again.
小打小闹,然后你就可以重回Savoy午餐。
Really? I haven't been thinking about lunching at the Savoy again.
真的?我都不敢想可以重回Savoy午餐。
I know what you've been thinking.
我理解你一直在想什么。
Do you? Yes.
是吗? 是的。
Wild, dark thoughts such as, "Death, where is thy sting?"
狂野的,胡思乱想,比如“死亡啊,你的毒刺在哪里?”
"Grave, where is thy victory?"
“坟墓,你的胜利在哪里?”
I keep hearing them all the time
我耳边回充斥着那些流言。
saying I married a helpless blind man for his money
说我为了钱嫁给一个无助的盲人。
and then killed him for his money.
然后为了钱杀害他。
And what will they say of Dickie? It makes him out such a fool for loving me.
又怎么说Dickie?因为爱我而鬼迷心窍。
We'll have answers for whatever they say. You loved him and he needed you.
不管外面说什么,回答就是你爱他而他需要你。
You know that?
你知道?
Weren't you his eyes? I was, of course. I had to be.
你不是他的眼睛吗? 是,当然是。我必须是。
"Had to be," Mrs. Paradine? Had to be?
“必须是,”Paradine夫人? 必须是?
Dear, dear. You must mind your verbs.
你啊,你啊。你必须注意你用的动词。
Sir Simon means it was a piece of voluntary service.
Simon先生是说这是一种主动行为。
You devoted your whole life to this splendid fellow freely, gladly.
你为这位好人欣然而慷慨地奉献你整个生命。
Yes, I see what you mean.
是,我就这意思。
It was a sacrifice. A sublime sacrifice.
这是一种牺牲。崇高的牺牲。
Yes, I think it would be better to regard it in that light.
是的,我觉得把它看成一种光辉更合适。
It was the more tremendous that Paradine could not understand...
尤其是Paradine不理解...
Could not possibly understand the sacrifice you were making.
不可能理解你所做出的牺牲。
He'd never seen you.
他从来没有看到过你。
He'd never, as I say, seen you.
从来没有,如我所说。
Yes, yes, quite so. Quite so.
是的,是的,就是这样。就是这样。
I'm not sure whether Mr. Keane will put you
我不肯定Keane先生会是否
in the witness box or not, but if he does...
同意为你辩护。但是如果他同意...
I don't think we need trouble Mrs. Paradine with all that at this stage.
我认为现阶段不必麻烦Paradine夫人太多。
When shall I be seeing you again, Mr. Keane?
什么时候我能再见到你,Keane先生?
Just as soon as I've gone over the details with Sir Simon.
等我和Simon先生研究完详细资料。
Thank you, deeply.
谢谢你,多谢。
Well, good afternoon. Thank you for bringing him.
好吧,再见。 谢谢你引荐他。
Until the next time, then.
那么,下回见。
Come along, Keane.
走了,Keane。
So you think Tony was taken with her, Father?
那么你认为Tony被她迷住了,父亲?
Let's not go on one of your fishing expeditions.
我们就不要再继续你的钓鱼游戏了。
All right, don't tell me.
好吧,不说算了。
Tony may be as good a lawyer as you think he is,
Tony可能是一个如你所说的好律师。
but how he loves anything dramatic.
但他太喜欢所有戏剧性的事情。
Do hold still if you ever want me to get this thing tied.
站好别动,你是不是想让我把这打成麻花。
The impertinence of young people today is simply appalling.
现在的年轻人简直没大没小。
If it's one thing I can't abide... I know, I know, it's impertinence.
我最受不了的就是... 我知道,我知道,就是没大没小。
Can't you just see Tony giving another of his great performances?
你就不能等着瞧Tony的精彩表演?
Riding to the rescue of beauty in distress. How he must relish this.
英雄救美。他是有多好这口啊。
If the case comes up before Horfield, he better not try one of those performances
这案子摆在Horfield眼前,他最好不要演什么戏。
or he'll be sat upon, and properly. Good gracious, we're late.
否则他就得完蛋,肯定的。天啊,我们迟到了,
Let's hurry, or Horfield will take it out on poor Sophie.
我们快点,不然Horfield会迁怒于Sophie.
And let's not miss a single word of His Lordship's reminiscences.
而且法官大人的回忆录我们一个字都不要错过。
If I hear once more of his gay times in Deauville with Lady so-and-so...
如果我又听到他在Deauville和某女士的荒唐日子...
Remarkable old girl, Lady Millicent.
了不起的老姑娘,Millicent女士。
We used to have great times together at Deauville, back in the '20s.
回到20年代,我们在Deauville 曾一起度过一段美好时光。
I persuaded her to go in swimming at 70.
我说服她7点去游泳。
I watched her frolicking in the surf and had sad thoughts-about the impermanence of beauty.
我注视着她在海浪中嬉戏, 不禁对美女无常有些伤感。
My dear, have you swallowed a plum stone or something?
我亲爱的,你是吃到石头了还是怎么的?
No, Tommy, I'm all right. I only... I mean...
没有,Tommy,我很好。只不过...我是说...
I thought perhaps...
我想也许...
Don't be too long, you men.
别太久了,你们这些男人。
I always think this is so terribly antiquated.
我总觉得太古老了。
I mean, the ladies, but he likes it.
我是说,那女士,但他喜欢。
I shan't let him keep us away from you too long.
我们不会把他从你这带走太久的。
Give me a call, Father, if the conversation takes an interesting turn.
打电♥话♥给我,父亲,如果谈话有突破的话。
I see that you haven't forgotten my deaf ear.
我知道你没忘记我是个聋子。
Keane is too good a barrister to have forgotten that.
Keane是个很优秀的律师才会忘记。
Sometimes I wonder how good you really are, Keane.
有时我想你到底有多优秀,Keane。
Good enough or lucky enough.
够优秀或者够运气。
Come, come, come, no false modesty.
好了,好了,好了,都不要虚伪了。
There are not many better, shall we say?
那好吧,我们开始进入主题?
Perhaps, perhaps, but I am a legalist myself.
也许,也许,但我是一个法律学家。
You, my dear chap, have this habit of overcharging yourself with emotion
你,我亲爱的伙计,会因情绪习惯性地傲慢。
when facing a jury.
在面对陪审团的时候。
I'm bound to confess that it does not particularly appeal
我必须承认感受什么是得体的
to my sense of what is proper. Oh, come, come.
是件特别枯燥的事。 哦,得了,得了。
Keane is not all that emotional.
Keane并不那么情绪化。
Please, Simmy, I do not like to be interrupted in the middle of an insult.
拜托,Simmy,我不想在评判中被打断。
Will you have a cigar? Thank you.
来只雪茄? 谢谢你。
You understand, Keane, that all this is simply my concern for you.
你懂得,Keane,所有这些都只是我对你的关爱。
Will you have a cigar? No, thank you.
来只雪茄? 不,谢谢你。
Tommy has a great opinion of your husband, my dear.
Tommy对你丈夫非常器重,我亲爱的。
At least, I think he has.
起码,我这样看。
Your husband is very clever, isn't he? Yes, I think so.
你丈夫非常干练,不是吗? 是,我也觉得。
So's mine. I'm not sure that I like it.
我丈夫也是。但我不太喜欢这样。
Shall I hurry them up?
我要不要催他们快点?
They'll be kicking the good old days around all night
他们会通宵畅谈过去的好时光。
if somebody doesn't ring a bell.
如果没人按铃的话。
I shouldn't be telling you this,
我本来不该告诉你这个的。
but I do so dread it when he has to take a murder trial.
但他接手谋杀审判时我就真的很怕。
He comes home looking so...
他回来时脸色很...
Yes, I can well imagine.
是的,我完全相像得到。
It must be a terrible nervous strain, trying a capital charge.
一定是情绪高度紧张,精力透♥支♥。
Yes.
是的。
Yes, dear. That's very comforting.
是的,亲爱的。真令人欣慰。
They were retrying Charles the First, and Tony got him off.
他们想先重审Charles案,Tony解脱了。
You've been such a long time. I've been chattering and chattering.
你们太久了。我一直在这喋喋不休。
My dear, I'm sure that Keane and Simmy would like to see your jade.
我亲爱的,我相信Keane和Simmy会想看你的翡翠。
Would they? I have some such pretty pieces.
他们会吗?我有一些很漂亮的物件。
Very much indeed.
确实非常想看。
You look very, very appetizing tonight, my dear.
今天晚上你真是秀色可餐。我亲爱的。
Charming compliment from such a gourmet as yourself, Lord Horfield.
你这样的美食家的赞美真令人陶醉,Horfield先生。
Tell me, Mrs. Keane,
告诉我,Keane夫人。
I don't amuse you very much, do I?
我没有让你太开心,是吗?
No, no, I've always admired your wit, Lord Horfield.
不,不,我一直欣赏你的机智幽默,Horfield先生。
Then you may call upon my wit whenever you wish.
那么你随时可以招唤我的机智幽默。
Life can be very boring for grass widows.
对守活寡的女人来说生活是很无聊的。
What makes you think I'm a grass widow?
是什么让你觉得我是个守活寡的女人?
Don't let's be pedantic.
我们不要掉书袋了。
Golf widows, stock exchange widows, and law court widows,
高尔夫寡妇,炒股寡妇,还有法♥院♥寡妇,
much the same thing.
诸如此类。
That's a charming ruby.
那是颗迷人的红宝石。
Tell me, did your husband earn all that whacking away at juries?
告诉我,你丈夫挣的钱都给了陪审团?
Lady Horfield was admiring it, too.
Horfield夫人也很欣赏。
It pleased me so much because she has such excellent taste-in most things.
我很高兴她在大多数事情上都有极高品位。
电影精选列表