Why didn't you come to the front door?
为什么你不从前门进来?
What was your object in coming in the back way?
你从后边进来的用意是什么?
They'd all gone to bed, sir. I didn't want to disturb the household.
他们都睡了,先生。我不想打扰这的人。
You might have come earlier. I didn't care to come earlier, sir.
你本可以早点过来。 我不想早点来,先生。
Why not? I leave that to you, sir.
为什么? 你自己去想,先生。
What is it you want with me?
你来找我有什么事?
Beg pardon, sir, but I thought it was you who wanted to see me.
对不起,先生,可我觉得是你要来找我。
What caused you to think that? Well, you came to the Hall.
是什么让你这么想? 呵呵,你到庄园来。
I didn't come to the Hall to see you.
我去庄园不是要找你。
I didn't know you were there. I came to see the house.
我不知道你在那。我是去看别♥墅♥的。
But you asked me to show you over the garden.
但你请我带你参观花♥园♥。
Yes. You said you would, and then you shot out of sight like a rabbit.
是的。你说你要带我,然后像兔子一样溜了。
Why? I don't know.
为什么? 我不知道。
I think first, "No, I do not want to talk to him."
我先是想,“不,我不想和他说话。”
Then I think perhaps I'm wrong.
然后想可能我做错了。
Remember this, Latour.
别忘了,Latour。
You forced yourself on me. I didn't seek you out.
是你自己主动来的。我可没请你出来。
You're apparently going to be a very hostile witness in this case.
显然在本案中你想做个恶意证人。
You're not one of my witnesses.
你并不是我的证人。
And it would be most improper for me-to try to establish contact with you.
而且对我来说设法联♥系♥你太不恰当了。
I came on you entirely by chance. But you wanted to come on me, sir.
我来找你完全出于偶然。 但你打算来找我,先生。
You choose to say so, but it so happens-it is my business, my job, to save the life of your former mistress.
你可以这么说,但拯救你前 女主人性命正是我的业务和工作。
Beg pardon, sir. She was not my mistress. Colonel Paradine was my master.
对不起,先生。她不是我的女主人。 Paradine上校才是我的主人。
Have it your own way.
随你怎么说。
I would never have served a woman. It is not in my character to do that.
我从不会服侍一个女人。这样做不符合我的性格。
I insist upon knowing what was your reason for wanting to see me tonight.
我还是想知道你今晚要来找我的原因。
If you tell me why you came all the way from London,
如果你告诉我为什么你大老远从伦敦跑来,
I'll tell you why I came here.
我就告诉你为什么我来这。
So it's to be a bargain, is it?
原来这是个交易,是吗?
Why should I make a bargain with you? Call it what you like, sir.
我凭什么要和你做交易? 你怎么说都行,先生。
All I say is you tell me, and I'll tell you.
一句话就是你说我就说。
Seems fair enough to me.
这样对我好像才公平。
Cigarette? No, thank you, sir.
来根烟? 不,谢谢你,先生。
You don't smoke? I won't smoke, sir. Thank you.
你不抽烟? 我不抽,先生。谢谢你。
I know why you wanted to see me.
我知道为什么你要来找我。
She sent you. She?
她叫你来的。 她?
Mrs. Paradine doesn't even know that I'm here.
Paradine夫人根本不知道我在这。
She has nothing to do with my coming.
我来这与她完全无关。
It seems I'm wrong, then.
看来我错了,这样的话。
Why would she send me? She might have her reasons.
为什么她要叫我来? 可能有她的原因。
I don't know what they might be. But perhaps you don't know her as I do.
我搞不懂会是什么原因。 可也许你不像我那样了解她。
Mrs. Paradine is my client. I know her as her lawyer. That's sufficient for me.
Paradine夫人是我的委托人。 做为律师,我对她有足够了解。
You may not think it, but you're on the wrong side, sir.
你可能没想到,可你犯了错,先生。
And I tell you so.
所以我来提醒你。
What do you mean, exactly, by that? You'd better make yourself clear.
你这样到底什么意思?你最好想清楚再说。
Excuse me, sir. You have only known Mrs. Paradine since she is in prison.
原谅我,先生。Paradine夫人被拘后你才认识她。
Is it not so? Yes.
不是吗? 是的。
Then how can you know her? If you did, I should not need to tell you
那你如何能了解她?真了解,我就不必告诉你
that only Almighty God or the black devil himself
只有全能的上帝和恶魔
knows what's going on in that head of hers.
才了解她的脑子里在想什么。
I won't hear anything more against her.
我不想再听任何诋毁她的话。
I know what I am talking about. What I say is true.
我知道我在说什么,我说的都是真的。
I know her.
我了解她。
And I will tell you one thing more.
而且我会告诉你更多的事。
I will tell you about Mrs. Paradine.
我会告诉你Paradine夫人这个人。
She is bad, bad to the bone.
她是个坏人。坏到骨子里了。
If ever there was an evil woman, she is one.
如果有邪恶的女人,她就是一个。
Would you mind getting out of here?
你能出去吗?
I don't want any dirty, lying sneaks in my room.
我不愿意我房♥间里有个满口谎言的卑鄙小人。
Get out. Very good, sir. As you wish.
滚出去。 很好,先生。听你的。
If you'll allow me, sir, I'm very sorry for you.
如果你接受,先生,我向你致歉。
And God help you.
等上帝来救你吧。
Here you are, sir. Holloway Prison.
这边,先生。 Holloway监狱。
How are you? I thought you'd forgotten me.
你好吗? 我还以为你忘记我了。
No, I'd been out of London for a few days. I went up to Hindley Hall.
没有,我离开伦敦几天,去了Hindley庄园。
Why did you go there?
为什么你要去那?
I thought it might help me to know more about your background.
我想多了解你的背景对我会有所帮助。
I walked on the terrace, went into the house, into your room.
我走在门廊上,进了别♥墅♥,进了你的房♥间。
I saw Latour.
我见了Latour。
He behaved very strangely.
他的举止很奇怪。
At first, he avoided me, then he forced himself on me.
开始,他回避我,然后又主动找我。
He came to my room at the inn late at night.
深夜跑到我旅馆的房♥间。
Why did he do that? He wanted to talk to me.
为什么他要这么做? 他想和我谈谈。
About you. Indeed.
关于你。 的确。
And what did my husband's valet have to say about me?
那么为什么我丈夫的贴身男仆要说我的事?
Don't, I beg of you. Don't behave this way with me.
不要,我求你了。别这样对我。
I don't know what you mean.
我不明白你的意思。
Latour hates you. You know that? He hates you most bitterly.
Latour恨你。你知道吗?他对你恨之入骨。
He said you are an evil woman.
他说你是个邪恶的女人。
Do you know what he meant by that?
你知道他那样是什么意思吗?
This man despises you. Why?
这个男人鄙视你。为什么?
He despises all women. What's the good of telling me that?
他鄙视所有女人。 告诉我这些有什么好的?
It's you he hates, not all women.
他恨的是你,不是所有女人。
The jury will find a reason why he hates you.
陪审团会发现他恨你的原因。
Because of something that you might have done- to his master. Can't you see that? - Of course I see.
因为你可能对他主人做过某些事。你明白吗? 我当然明白。
You needn't explain these things to me as though I were a child.
你不必对我解释这些弄得好像我是个孩子。
Listen to me. I want to save you.
听我说。我想要救你。
I want to fight for you, but I can't like this, in the dark.
我想为你而战,但我不喜欢像这样,在黑暗中。
I can't sleep, I can't work, I can't think...
我睡不着,无法工作,无法思考...
I don't understand you.
我不明白你说什么。
All right.
好吧。
Is it possible that Latour hates you
有没有可能Latour恨你
because you made him disloyal to his master?
是因为你使他对主人不忠?
That's enough, Mr. Keane. What existed between you and Latour?
够了,Keane先生。 你和Latour之间有什么没有?
I will not be treated in this manner by my own counsel.
我不愿意被自己的律师用这种态度对待。
I should prefer that you give up the case.
我宁愿你放弃这桩案子。
No, I must save you. No one else can.
不,我必须拯救你。别人做不到。
My personal feelings are such...
我个人感情是如此...
You must forgive me if I regard my life as more important.
你必须原谅我,如果我把自己的生命看得更重的话。
I apologize. Deeply.
我道歉。深深地。
If you'll forgive me,
如果你能原谅我,
I shall do my best to defend you.
我将尽全力为你辩护。
I am a little tired.
我有点累了。
I think you also are a little tired.
我觉得你也有点累了。
Is Tony back from Cumberland?
Tony从Cumberland回来了?
I'm sorry, Judy. What did you say?
抱歉,Judy。你刚才说什么?
Just making conversation.
只是随便问一下。
I asked whether Tony was back from Cumberland.
我问Tony是不是从Cumberland回来了。
He was due back this morning.
他打算今天早上回来。
I haven't seen him yet.
我还没看到他。
Give me a cigarette, will you, Judy?
给我支烟,行吗,Judy?
When did you start smoking?
你什么时候开始抽烟了?
Just lately.
就最近。
Poor Father. I'm afraid he's failed with me in every way.
可怜的老爹。我恐怕他对我各方面都很失败。
What do you mean?
你什么意思?
For 20 years, he's been telling me, "Do not ask questions."
20年来,他一直告诫我,“不要打听。”
"Leave others to tell you if they choose. Only vulgar people probe."
“别人愿意再让他们告诉你。粗鲁的人才会盘问。”
You're my best friend, Judy. Ask anything you wish.
你是我最好的闺蜜,Judy。随便你问。
You must know what everyone is saying.
你得知道外面都在说什么。
I know it's probably exaggerated.
我知道可能会夸大其词。
Would it surprise you very much, Judy,
你会不会非常惊讶,Judy,
to know that he wanted to give up the case?
如果你听说他想放弃那桩案子?
Surprise me? It would absolutely floor me. Why didn't he, then?
惊讶?简直是绝对震惊。为什么,接下来呢?
Because I wouldn't let him.
因为我不想让他做了。
Suppose someone else had taken up the case,
让别的什么人去做吧,
it would've been won or lost.
或者赢或者输。
Either way, the little romance of Gay and Tony Keane
不管怎样,Gay和Tony Keane的短暂浪漫
would've been ended forever.
将永远结束。
Perhaps so.
也许如此。
Judy, darling. Just because a man,
Judy,亲爱的。就因为一个男人,
电影精选列表