Keane, afraid your wife is wearying of me.
Keane,恐怕你太太厌烦我。
Pity, pity.
可怜,可怜。
Aren't you coming up to bed, darling? In a little while, dear.
你不准备休息了吗,亲爱的? 过一会儿,亲爱的。
You'll be tired in the morning.
早上你会疲倦的。
A dull evening, wasn't it? Yes and no.
一个枯燥的晚上,不是吗? 是也不是。
I have a murderous day tomorrow.
明天对我来说是个要命的日子。
I should never have let Simmy talk me into the new case-with all the others I have.
我不该让Simmy把我和其它人一起陷入新案子。
Did you see Mrs. Paradine?
你见了Paradine夫人?
Hmm-mmm.
嗯嗯。
What's she like?
她怎么样?
Strangely attractive.
很有魅力。
I'm sure you'd think so, anyway. No, I wouldn't.
我就知道你会这么想,不管怎样。 没,我没有。
What do you mean?
你什么意思?
She's cost me too much.
她花我太多钱。
Cost you? What on earth are you talking about?
花你钱?你到底在说什么?
If you don't remember, I'm not going to tell you.
如果你不记得,我也不打算告诉你。
The anniversary, and that trip I promised.
周年纪念,还有答应过的旅行。
We'll still make it, my love.
我们还会兑现的,我的宝贝。
Maybe before the case even comes to trial.
要不在案件开庭前。
It's all right, darling.
没什么,亲爱的。
I'm afraid your excitement is always going to be in the Old Bailey
我恐怕你关注的总是伦敦中♥央♥刑事法♥院♥。
and other musty old law courts.
还有其它陈腐的老法庭。
No, dear. Honestly, I was thinking just today
不,亲爱的。说实话,我今天还在想
how much fun it would be to go to Italy.
如果能去意大利该多好玩。
Italy? I thought we'd planned on going to Switzerland.
意大利?我本想计划去瑞士。
I know. But Italy somehow seems
我知道。但意大利不知怎么好像
so much more colorful.
更丰富多彩点。
Might go back to Venice. You know, get in a gondola.
可以回威尼斯,你懂的,坐威尼斯小船。
Oh, darling.
哦,亲爱的。
What's the matter? What's so amusing? Nothing.
怎么了?笑什么笑成这样? 没什么。
I can't imagine anything more wonderful than being in a gondola again with you.
我想不出有什么能比和你一起 坐在威尼斯小船上更美妙了。
What is it, then?
然后,是什么?
Well, it's just that you're so transparent.
哦,就是你没什么城府。
And for such a devious kind of barrister, too.
又是个非常狡滑的律师。
You're pretty devious yourself, don't you think?
你才是真正狡滑,不是吗?
Come on, tell the jury what's on your mind.
来吧,告诉陪审团你在想什么。
All right.
好的。
Mrs. Paradine is strangely attractive.
Paradine夫人很有魅力。
And isn't Italy colorful?
意大利都相形见绌?
Of all the idiotic... I thought it might please youto know that I can be jealous.
太愚蠢... 我估计知道我吃醋你会暗喜。
Well, it isn't that. It's just, how can you think I can be interested in a woman...
得了,不是那样的。只是, 你怎么认为我沉迷于这种女人...
Silly, of course you're not interested.
傻瓜,当然你不会沉迷。
I hope you're not getting so old that you can't admire an attractive woman.
我倒希望你不要老得无法欣赏一个魅力女人。
But I want you to know something.
但我想你要知道一些事情。
There are lots of men who find me attractive, too.
也有许多男人觉得我是有魅力的。
Is that so? Who, for instance?
有这回事吗?谁,比如?
Well, there's Tommy, for instance. Tommy?
好吧,比如,Tommy就是。 Tommy?
Tommy Horfield.
Tommy Horfield。
It's getting late, darling.
时候不早了,亲爱的。
Time we were in the gondola.
现在是我们威尼斯小船时间。
Well, I think that's enough for today.
好了,今天就到这吧。
Are they treating you well? Yes, they're very kind.
你们对你还好吧? 是,他们态度不错。
Have you all the books you want? May I send you any?
你要的书都有了吗?要不我带些给你?
No, they have quite a good library here. Good. Good.
不用,这有个很不错的图书馆。 那好。那好。
Very soon, I'd like to talk to you about yourself.
很快,我要跟你谈谈你的事。
Before you met Colonel Paradine.
是你遇见Paradine上校之前的。
Will that be necessary?
有这必要吗?
It's one of the more annoying parts of this business.
这是这桩案子中最烦人的部分之一。
The prosecution will always try to tear down the character of the defendant.
控方总是想战胜辩方。
Naturally, I wouldn't like them to have the advantage of me.
当然,我不喜欢他们占我的便宜。
My past is no affair of anyone but my husband and myself.
我的过去只能是我丈夫和我自己 而不是别的什么人的隐私。
And my husband is dead.
而且我丈夫不在了。
Mrs. Paradine, the character and background of the defendant
Paradine夫人,被告的性格和背景
are of grave importance to the defense. It's my duty to warn you of this.
对于辩护是至关重要的。我有责任提醒你这点。
And how far back will this inquisition go?
那么这种调查会到什么程度?
Well, as much as I dislike it, I must advise you to convey to me,
好吧,尽管我不愿意,我还是必须劝你告诉我,
at least, anything that you think might be
至少,有些事是你觉得可能
embarrassing.
令人尴尬的。
I must say, Mrs. Paradine, that it's essential I have your cooperation.
我必须说,Paradine夫人,得到你的合作是最起码的。
Forgive me if I'm being difficult.
原谅我如果我有无理的地方。
I shall try.
我会尽量。
It will not shock you, I assume, to learn that I'm a woman...
这应该不会震惊到你,我猜, 去了解我做为一个女人...
What would you say? A woman who has seen a great deal of life.
怎么说呢?一个饱经沧桑的女人。
Mrs. Paradine, please don't mistake my persistence
Paradine夫人,请不要误以为我的坚持
for any lack of sympathy.
是缺乏同情心。
When I was still at school in Naples, it began.
还是我在那不勒斯读书时,故事开始。
I was 16, or so I said. Actually I was younger.
那时我16岁,大概吧。反正很年轻。
Tragic. Yes, perhaps.
可悲。 是的,也许。
But I didn't think so then.
但我当时不这么想。
I ran away with a man.
我和一个男人私奔了。
Istanbul, Athens, Cairo.
伊斯坦布尔、雅典、开罗。
He was much older, of course. Rich. He took advantage of your youth.
当然,他老得多。有钱。他占有了你的青春。
He was married, respected. I took advantage of him.
他结婚了,有地位。我也占他便宜。
Then, as suddenly as it began, it ended.
然后,就像开始一样突然,结束了。
He wearied of me, I wearied of him. What difference does it make?
他厌倦我,我厌倦他。又有什么区别?
And there were others?
那么还有别人吗?
Of course there were others. We cannot hide these things.
当然还有别人。我们不能隐瞒。
You said we cannot hide them, Mr. Keane.
你说过我们不能隐瞒,Keane先生。
Let's drag them out.
把他们都扯出来。
Let them hang me for the past, and be done with it.
让他们来因为我的过去绞死我,就此结束。
You mustn't feel that. We won't permit them to make anything of it.
你不能有这种情绪。我们根本不允许他们这么做。
Poor Dickie. How he would have hated all this.
可怜的Dickie。他该多么厌恶这一切。.
He gave me his name. His fine name. He depended upon me to protect it.
他告诉我名字。好名字。他依赖我能保护它。
He knew all about you? I kept nothing from him.
你的一切他都知道? 我对他毫无保留。
He was so good. He trusted me.
他太好了。他信任我。
He used to sit in the dark, the eternal dark, and weep.
他总是坐在黑暗中,那种永恒的黑暗,伤心而泣。
The pain never... I've tortured you enough.
那种痛苦从不... 我使你太痛苦了。
We'll get you free. Trust me.
我们会让你自♥由♥的,相信我。
I shall. I do.
我会的。我相信。
Why not let the Crown have the burden of proof of its accusation?
为什么不让最高法♥院♥来承担举证责任呢?
But, Simmy, what possible objection can you have to our proving suicide?
可是,Simmy,你有什么反面见解 可以证明我方的自杀观点呢?
I think it's dangerous. Remember, if we have Horfield on the Bench...
我认为这很危险。记住,如果Horfield做法官...
You all have such an unholy fear of Horfield.
你们对Horfield都有这种邪恶的恐惧。
What's in your mind, Keane? I don't understand you.
你想的是什么,Keane?我不太理解你。
Blind men have committed suicide before.
这位失明人士以前自杀过。
We have only to decide who helped Paradine to do it.
我们只要搞清楚是谁帮助Paradine做的。
Here, let me show you something.
这里,给你看些东西。
Have you ever realized what a lot you can learn from photographs?
你有没有想过从这些照片能得到多少信息?
The social footsteps of time.
社交的时光脚印。
Notice anything peculiar? No, can't say that I do.
注意有什么异常吗? 没有,还不能说有。
And everywhere the Paradines went, the valet was sure to go.
Paradines走到哪,那个贴身男仆就一定跟随到哪。
What's so extraordinary about that? Latour worshipped him.
这有什么奇怪的?Latour崇拜他。
Guided Paradine's every step like a mother hen.
对Paradine步步引导,就像鸡妈妈。
It's after midnight.
已经下半夜了。
My darling, I know it's after midnight.
我的爱,我知道已经下半夜了。
In fact, it's after 1:00. I heard the clock strike.
其实,都过1点了。我听到钟响了。
But I'm not sleepy, and I have work to do. Simmy looks dead.
但我还不困,而且有事要做。 Simmy看来顶不住了。
Well, he isn't dead. Quite right, my dear. I only look dead.
呵呵,他还顶得住。 没问题,亲爱的。我只是看起来不行了。
What about some drinks to revive you? That's a good idea.
喝点什么让你满血复活? 这主意不错。
Why don't you have Baker... Baker's asleep at this hour
干嘛不让Baker... 这个点Baker早睡了,
like any civilized person. I'll bring them myself.
就像所有文明人一样。我自己去拿。
That's our man, Simmy. I'm sure of it.
那就是我们要找的人,Simmy。我肯定。
Our man? Who? The valet?
我们要找的人?谁?那个贴身男仆?
Who more likely to help Paradine out of his misery?
谁更有可能帮助Paradine从痛苦中解脱出来?
Forget it. I can't think of anyone less likely.
打消这念头。我不觉得别人的可能性会小点。
The devoted, grateful servant and war companion
忠实而感恩的仆人以及战友
who would do anything to help end his master's agony.
都会为帮助结束主人的痛苦而做任何事情。
It won't wash, Tony. Let's face it. This wasn't suicide
很明显,Tony。我们要面对现实。这不是自杀。
and it wasn't assisted suicide. It was murder.
也不是辅助自杀。这就是谋杀。
Are you trying to imply that Latour might have murdered him?
你是想暗示Latour可能杀了他?
电影精选列表