What do you mean by yes?
你说“是的”是什么意思?
I did.
我做的。
It is my duty to warn you that you have made a very serious admission.
我有责任警告你你做了一个非常严重的认罪。
Would you like to make some explanation of it to the jury?
你愿意就此对陪审团做些解释吗?
My Lord, with the utmost respect,
法官大人,怀着最大的尊重,
I would like to request that I be given time to consider this turn of events.
我想请求给我时间考虑事情的这一变化。
This piece of evidence is entirely new to me.
这个证词对我来说是全新的。
Keane, it is getting rather late, and we've had a very trying session.
Keane,时间很晚了,并且我们 进行了一个非常艰难的开庭。
Would it be convenient to you if we adjourned now?
如果我们现在休庭,这对你方便吗?
I would be greatly obliged to Your Lordship.
我将对法官大人不胜感激。
Very well, we will adjourn until tomorrow morning at 10:30.
很好,我们将休庭直到明天早上10时30分。
Are you sure you won't stay for dinner, Judy?
你确定不留下吃饭,Judy?
No, dear, I really can't. I promised Father. Good night, dear.
不,亲爱的,真不要了。 我答应父亲了。再见,亲爱的。
Hello, Tony. Hello.
你好,Tony。 你好。
What the devil are you looking so sad about?
你究竟在为什么这么不高兴?
Nothing.
没什么。
I was there today.
今天我在场。
Was Gay with you? Yes.
Gay和你一起? 是的。
Was that your idea? Yes.
那是你的主意? 是的。
I suppose you'll have your usual expert comment-to make on the conduct of the case.
我想对于推进这桩案子你会有你的专业意见。
Yes.
是的。
That will most certainly be helpful.
这毫无疑问是有益的。
Precisely what I need at this moment.
恰恰是我此时需要的。
If she washed the wine glass... She didn't.
如果她清洗了酒杯... 她没有清洗。
I hope the jury agrees with you.
我希望陪审团同意你的看法。
She's trying to cover up for that dirty swine.
她在尽力为那卑鄙的畜生遮掩。
If she did wash the glass, it's because she knew he killed Paradine.
如果她清洗了杯子,那是因为 她知道他杀害了Paradin。
If I had access to her while she's a witness, I'd make her say so tonight.
如果在做证时能接触她,今晚我就能让她这样说。
Tony, you won't get angry if I ask you something else, will you?
Tony,如果我问你别的一些事你别生气,好吗?
No. Will it make any difference if I do?
不会。生气了又能怎么样?
Why are you hammering away at that quarrel in the bedroom?
为什么你一直在纠缠卧室中的争吵?
That's what made her say what she did.
这就促使她说她所做的事。
All right, if you really want to know, if your father wants to know,
好吧,如果你真的想知道,如果你父亲想知道,
it's because I want to get at the motive. Latour's motive.
这是因为我想知道动机。Latour的动机。
He was in love with her, and he wanted to get rid of her husband.
他爱上了她,而且他想除掉他丈夫。
What about your motive?
你的动机是什么?
What do you mean?
你是什么意思?
Well.
好吧。
You know, and I know, and Gay knows
你知道,我知道,Gay也知道
why it is you think Latour's the murderer.
你认定Latour是凶手是为了什么。
You wouldn't have handled her that way in the box for any other reason.
无论什么理由,在法庭上你都不应该那样对待她。
You treated her as though you were
你对待她的态度好像你是在
cross-examining a witness for the prosecution.
交叉询问一个控方证人。
Look here... Oh, Tony. It's true, it's terribly true.
听我说... 哦,Tony。这是真的,非常真。
Somebody's got to show you.
有人向你表示了。
You've got to save this woman, for Gay's sake.
你得救这个女人,为了Gay的缘故。
If you leave me alone, perhaps I still can.
如果你不打扰我,也许我还能。
If you're left to your own devices, I'll bet you one thing:
如果你坚持己见,我可以跟你赌一件事:
Mrs. Paradine will be done for, and your career along with it.
Paradine夫人肯定完了,而且你的事业也随之完了。
If it weren't for Gay,
如果不是为了Gay,
I wouldn't be so sure that would be a very bad thing, either.
我也不会如果肯定那是一件非常糟糕的事,
Good night.
晚安。
My Lord, I've finished with the witness.
法官大人,我问完证人了。
That's funny.
开玩笑。
What do you mean? Nothing. I'll tell you about it later.
你什么意思? 没什么。等下我会告诉你。
Mrs. Paradine, did you think Andre Latour very handsome?
Paradine夫人,你觉得Andre Latour非常英俊吗?
Of course not. He is a servant.
当然不。他是仆人。
How could I consider him in that way?
我怎么能那样看待他?
These intentions on the part of Latour had gone on for some time?
Latour的这种意图已经持续一段时间了?
Yes.
是的。
Why did you wait until that night to tell your husband about the matter?
为什么等到那天晚上你才告诉你丈夫这件事?
I was ashamed.
我感到羞耻。
Why should you be ashamed? Was it your fault?
为什么你会感到羞耻?这是你的错吗?
Of course not.
当然不是。
Then why be ashamed?
那又为什么感到羞耻?
Was it your modesty that held you back?
阻碍你的是你的谦卑吗?
Remembering your past, would you say that?
回忆你的过往,你能说说吗?
My Lord, I protest against that insinuation.
法官大人,我抗♥议♥这种暗示。
There's been nothing in the evidence that reflects on the witness' past.
证据并不包括证人过往经历的表述。
My Lord, there was no insinuation.
法官大人,并没有暗示。
I merely tried to convey that a lady of her,
我只不过是试图描述她这样的女士,
to use her own words, "unattractive past"
用她自己的话说,“灰暗的过去”
need hardly have refrained from appealing to her own husband-on the score of maidenly modesty.
几乎总是借助自己处♥女♥般的谦卑吸引他丈夫。
I must ask you, Mr. Keane, not to interrupt counsel.
我必须要求你,Keane先生,不要打断控方。
I will intervene if I see reason.
如果觉得有必要我会介入的。
Proceed.
继续。
Now, I ask you on your oath, Mrs. Paradine.
现在,我请你发誓,Paradine夫人。
Did you not refrain from complaining about Latour-because you were madly in love with him?
你忍♥不住抱怨Latour是因为你疯狂地爱着他吗?
Madly in love with him?
疯狂地爱着他?
And yet I went to my husband and asked him to send Latour away?
可是我却找我丈夫要他赶走Latour?
Is that what you think?
你是这样认为的吗?
Did you not finally succeed in your objective-and induce this unfortunate man, who worshipped his master,-to be false to his trust and betray that master?
你没有最终达到目的引诱这个不幸的人,一个 崇拜主人的人,辜负主人的信任背叛他吗?
I deny that!
我否认!
Now, Mrs. Paradine, is it not the fact-that as soon as you discovered Latour took no interest in women-you resolved to overcome that indifference?
现在,Paradine夫人,当发现Latour对女人 没兴趣你马上决定克服这种冷漠不是事实吗?
No.
不是。
Weren't you in love with Latour all the time he lived at Hindley Hall?
Latour住在Hindley庄园这段时间里你没有爱上他?
No.
没有。
Were you not madly in love with him-all the time that he lived with you in your house in London?
他和你住在你们伦敦的住♥宅♥里 这段时间你没疯狂地爱上他?
What you say is not true.
你所说的不是真的。
Is anything wrong, Sir Joseph?
有什么问题吗,Joseph先生?
My Lord, I'd like to have an opportunity
法官大人,我希望有合适的时间
to consider what bearing this has on the case.
考虑一下这对本案有什么影响。
I've just been informed
我刚刚被告知
that the witness, Latour, has done away with himself.
那位证人,Latour,已经自杀了。
Andre!
Andre!
That does it. Oh, Tony.
这样啊。 哦,Tony。
My Lord.
法官大人。
I submit that this has great bearing on the case.
我认为这对本案有很大影响。
It's perfectly obvious why the witness has committed suicide.
证人为什么自杀身亡是显而易见的。
It bears out my... I don't think so.
这证实了我的... 我不同意。
You recall that the witness himself said something about not being able to live-with the knowledge of having betrayed his beloved master.
你回忆一下证人自己说过的无法活在 背叛他所爱的主人的阴影下的那些话。
I suggest that both counsel recover their equanimity and remember where they are.
我建议两位都恢复冷静并请记住他们所处场合。
The jury will disregard the statements of both Sir Joseph and Mr. Keane-and all they've just heard. None of that was evidence.
陪审团对于Joseph先生和Keane先生的观点和 所有刚才听到的不予理会。这些都不是证据。
Mr. Keane, do you wish to apply for an adjournment,-so that you may consider your position?
Keane先生,你要申请休庭以便能考虑你的处境吗?
No, My Lord.
不用,法官大人。
On further consideration, I have no application.
经过慎重考虑,我无需申请。
I will, however, have my observations to make to the jury in due course.
我将,不管怎样,适时向陪审团提出意见。
Yes, yes. Sir Joseph, does this affect the prosecution-to the extent of asking for an adjournment?
是的,是的。Joseph先生, 这会影响控方提出休庭请求吗?
No, My Lord. I only regret the court has been subjected-to this additional sensationalism.
不,法官大人。我只是遗憾法庭受到意外事件影响。
Then proceed, Sir Joseph.
那就继续,Joseph先生。
Mrs. Paradine, you admitted yesterday that you-deliberately washed the glass that contained-the poison which killed your husband.
Paradine夫人,你昨天承认故意清洗了 那只装有杀死你丈夫毒药的杯子。
Why did you wash that glass?
为什么你要清洗杯子?
Answer my question. Why did you wash that glass?
回答我的问题。为什么你要清洗你的杯子?
You must answer the question.
你必须回答这个问题。
I'm sorry, I didn't hear.
对不起,我没听见。
Counsel has already repeated the question once.
控方已经重复了一遍问题。
What does it matter now?
现在又有什么所谓?
Andre's dead.
Andre已经死了。
The man I love is dead.
我爱的男人死了。
I thought about it day and night
我日思夜想。
but I didn't know how.
可我不知所措。
I wanted to do it so that we could be free.
我想这样我们就能自♥由♥了。
So that Andre and I could go away and live together as we should.
这样Andre和我就能远走高飞然后自♥由♥自在一起生活。
But Andre wouldn't have me.
可Andre不想要我。
He and his honor.
他和他的荣誉。
I must warn you of the gravity of the statements you are making.
我必须警告你你正在做的陈述的严重性。
Andre knew I killed the blind man. Andre knew it.
Andre知道我杀了那个盲人。Andre知道。
I didn't tell him, but he knew it.
我没告诉他,但他知道。
I think it quite unnecessary to ask any further questions, My Lord.
我认为完全不必再问什么进一步的问题了,法官大人。
Is there anything further you wish to ask the witness, Mr. Keane?
你还有什么进一步的问题要问证人吗,Keane先生?
电影精选列表