Look, it wouldn't be any fun for you.
瞧,对你来说没什么好玩的。
You see that, don't you?
你都清楚,不是吗?
Yes, I see.
是,我清楚。
Might be cold and wet up north.
北方可能又冷又湿。
Yes, I suppose so.
是,我觉得也是。
This is the place for you.
待在这多好。
Warm, cozy, protected.
温暖,舒适,安全。
I want to keep all this ugly business away from you.
我想让你远离那些乱七八糟的业务。
But can you?
但你能吗?
Can I what? Keep the ugliness away?
我能什么? 远离那些乱七八糟?
Haven't I always? What do you mean?
我不一直这样吗?你什么意思?
What are you afraid of?
你担心什么?
Need I say?
还要我说吗?
Listen, darling. This settles it.
听着,亲爱的。别这样。
Nothing is worth this kind of trouble between us.
没什么事能让我们之间弄成这样。
I won't go to Cumberland.
我不去Cumberland了。
I won't go on with the case at all. I'll give up the brief.
我完全放弃这个案子。资料都扔了。
I mean it. Simmy can get someone else. What will she say?
我是说。Simmy可以找别的人。 那她会怎么说?
What the devil does it matter what she says?
她说什么又有什么要紧的?
The case isn't so difficult. Any one of 50 men can handle it.
这案子没那么难。50个人里就有一个能做。
Isn't that what you wanted? We'll leave for Switzerland next Sunday.
这不是你想要的吗?我们下星期天就出门去瑞士。
Tomorrow, perhaps. Darling.
明天,也许。 亲爱的。
What's the matter now? Nothing's the matter.
现在怎么样了? 没事了。
Just thank you.
就想谢谢你。
Thank you for being so good.
谢谢你对我这么好。
I knew my old Tony couldn't have changed quite that much.
我就知道我的老Tony不会变化那么大的。
Well, what do you say? Lucerne or St. Moritz?
那么,你怎么说?卢塞恩还是圣莫里兹?
No, darling. Neither.
不,亲爱的。都不去。
You're going up to Cumberland, then you're coming back to your office
你准备去Cumberland,然后回你办公室
and then you're going into court.
再然后准备出庭。
No, no, I'm tired. That's what you said, and you're right.
不,不,我累了。就像你说的,你是对的。
You're not too tired, Tony. You're not too tired.
你没那么累,Tony。你没那么累。
There aren't 50 men who can save her.
能救她的人不到50个。
There's only one Anthony Keane.
只有一个Anthony Keane。
You've always had such big ideas about me.
你总是对我期望甚高。
No, darling, I haven't. Besides, I have a stake in this, too.
不,亲爱的,我没有。另外,这里我也有小算盘。
I don't know what you mean.
我不明白你说什么。
I wouldn't like a woman to be hanged, any woman,
我不愿意一个女人被绞死,任何女人。
just because my husband had a rendezvous with her.
只因为我丈夫和她约会过。
In jail.
在拘留所。
Gay.
同性恋。
You must go to bed, darling. No, Tony, not now.
你得休息了,亲爱的。不,Tony,不是现在。
You'll come up to Cumberland with me.
你跟我一起去Cumberland。
I'll be waiting here. Cozy, comfortable, and protected.
我会在这等你。舒适,安逸,还有安全。
Good night, darling. Good night.
晚安,亲爱的。 晚安。
Have I a sitting room? Yes, sir, you mentioned it in your wire.
有房♥间吗? 有,先生。你在电♥话♥中交待过。
Would you be wanting to see it? Yes, please.
你要不要看一下? 好,请。
Would you like some cold fish and salad before you go to bed?
你睡觉前要不要来点冻鱼和沙拉?
No, thank you, but any chance of a whiskey and soda?
不用,谢谢你,不过能给点威士忌和苏打水吗?
Okeydoke.
好的。
Your bedroom's number 17. I'll have your bag sent up.
你的房♥间是17号♥。我会把你行李送上来。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Are you a detective? No, why?
你是个侦探吗? 不是,为什么这么说?
I just wondered.
我只是好奇。
Why do you ask? Have you had trouble here?
为什么你要问?你在这有什么麻烦吗?
No, not exactly here, but we don't like being in the Sunday papers.
不,完全没有,但我们不喜欢登到星期天的报纸上。
Haven't you heard about the big poisoning case?
你没听说过一起中毒大案吗?
That was Colonel Paradine. He had Hindley Hall.
那是Paradine上校。Hindley庄园是他的。
Mercy me, your fire's going out.
我的天,你的火要熄掉了。
Yes, I heard about that. This chimney won't draw.
是。我听说过。 这烟囱不通。
We found a dead owl in it last Sunday.
上星期天在里面发现一只死猫头鹰。
That murder's been the talk of the place. It was Mrs. Paradine that did it, they say.
那个谋杀案成了这里的话题。 是Paradine夫人干的,他们说。
That's better.
好点了。
The sticks were damp, and the wind's in the wrong way.
柴禾受潮了,风向也不对。
Did you know her? Nobody knew her.
你认识她吗? 没人认识她。
She'd ride over here once in a while on a black hunter.
她偶尔会骑匹黑猎狐马过来这边。
Pleasant enough, but she never spoke to no one.
非常开心,但从不与人说话。
Did she always ride alone? There, that's got it.
她总是单人匹马? 在这,就这样。
Yes. Now I come to think of it, she always was alone.
是啊。现在我想起来,她总是一个人。
Now the poor Colonel's dead and the house is up to let.
现在那可怜的上校死了而别♥墅♥要租出去。
I heard it was. That's why I came, as a matter of fact.
我听说了。我来就为这个,实际上。
That's why you're here, Mr. Keane. I was wondering.
你来是为这个啊。Keane先生。我正纳闷呢。
Are you going to see the house tomorrow?
你明天要去看别♥墅♥吗?
Yes, I think so.
是,我想这样。
Well, would you mind going in a pony and trap?
那好,你要不要坐马车去?
Our car's all booked up for tomorrow. It's only about eight miles.
我们的车都被订满了。路程不过8英里。
Fine, fine. Make it about 10:00. Okeydoke.
不错,不错。大概10点出发。 行。
Up there yonder in those trees is the Hall, sir,
那边远远的那些树那就是庄园,先生,
where the poor Colonel lived.
可怜的上校住过的。
Many's the time I've seen him walking around here, blind as he was, with Andre.
很多次我看到他在周边散步,眼瞎了,和Andre一起。
Andre? Andre Latour, the Colonel's body servant.
Andre? Andre Latour,上校的贴身仆人。
A queer one.
一个古怪的人。
Is anyone living at the Hall now?
庄园里现在还有人住吗?
Only the caretaker, Mrs. Carr.
只有看门人,Carr太太。
Maybe Andre's back from London now.
也许Andre现在从伦敦回来了。
They say he knows more about the poor Colonel's death than he'll tell.
据说关于那可怜上校的死,他知道的很多都没说。
He's a queer one, all right.
他是个古怪的人,的确。
In what way?
在哪方面?
I don't know. He keeps himself to himself.
我说不好。他总是独来独往。
Perhaps it's because he's foreign.
可能因为他是外国人吧。
They never seem quite the same, do they, sir?
他们看起来总是格格不入,是吧,先生?
Latour, here's a gentleman from London
Latour,这是伦敦来的绅士。
come up with an order to see over the Hall.
过来想看看庄园。
I'm interested in renting the house. In renting the house, Mr. Keane?
我想租这个别♥墅♥。 想租别♥墅♥,Keane先生?
Will you come in, please?
你要进来吗?请。
If you wait here, Mr. Keane, I'll open the shutters.
你稍等,Keane先生,我把百叶窗打开。
Isn't he coming back? He might and he might not, sir.
他要回来了吗? 可能来也可能不来,先生。
Will you step this way?
你能从这边走吗?
This is the morning room.
这是晨间起居室。
It was the poor Colonel's favorite room. It has a fine view, sir.
这是可怜的上校最喜欢的房♥间。景观很好,先生。
He loved to have her describe it to him, every time the seasons changed.
每次季节转换时,他都喜欢让她为他描述景色。
Did she... I'll show you the upstairs, sir.
她... 我带你看看楼上,先生。
And this was her room, sir.
这是她的房♥间,先生。
I'm sorry it's so untidy, sir. I was packing up her things.
对不起这太乱了,先生。我正在整理她的东西。
If you'll excuse me, sir, I'll open up the other rooms.
请原谅,先生,我要打开其它房♥间。
Latour. Sir.
Latour. 先生。
I should like to see the gardens. Would you take me around?
我想参观花♥园♥,你能带我转转吗?
Very good, sir.
没问题,先生。
Wait there for me. I'll be down immediately.
在那等我。我马上下来。
We won't bother about the other rooms. Latour's going to show me the gardens.
我们不用去别的房♥间了。Latour要带我参观花♥园♥。
Very well, sir.
很好,先生。
What door is that?
那扇门通到哪?
It's Latour's room.
那是Latour的房♥间。
Latour? Why wasn't he in the servants' quarters?
Latour?他怎么没住在仆人房♥间?
She felt he should be near the Colonel.
她觉得他应该离上校近一点。
I may drop in again. Tomorrow.
我可能会再来。明天。
Where's Latour? I'm sure I couldn't say, sir.
Latour走哪去了? 这个我肯定不好说,先生。
But he was to show me the garden. He was called away.
可他要带我参观花♥园♥的。 他被叫走了。
All right. Back to the inn.
好吧。回旅馆。
Can I have a word with you, sir?
我能和你聊聊吗,先生?
Come in.
进来。
What can I do for you?
我能为你做些什么?
It is not a question very easy to answer.
这不是个容易回答的问题。
How did you know that this was my room?
你怎么知道这是我房♥间?
I saw you come up from the lakeshore, and then this light go on.
我看到你从湖边上来然后这的灯亮了。
You've been watching the inn for some time.
你一直盯着这旅馆有一阵了。
Yes, I walked over from Hindley.
是,我从Hindley走过来。
To see me? Yes, sir.
为了见我? 是的,先生。
It came to my mind it could be well to see you.
我忽然想,见见你应该不错。
Sit down.
坐吧。
电影精选列表