Mrs. Paradine...
Paradine夫人...
I have nothing more to say to you, Mr. Keane.
我跟你没有什么可说的了,Keane先生.
I loved Andre Latour, and you murdered him.
我爱Andre Latour,而你谋杀了他。
My life is finished. It is you yourself who have finished it.
我的人生完了,毁掉它的人就是你本人。
My only comfort is the hatred and contempt I feel for you.
我唯一的安慰是我对你的仇恨和蔑视。
My Lord,
法官大人,
members of the jury,
各位陪审团成员,
I've done my best.
我尽全力了。
This case-has already taken its heavy toll-in the life of Latour,
这桩案子已经让Latour付出了生命的沉重代价,
in its burden on you, and, indeed, on me.
以及你背负的精神负担,实际上,还有我的。
I am more than ever conscious of my shortcomings.
我比以往任何时候都更意识到我的问题。
Everything that I have done seems to have gone against my client.
我的所作所为似乎违背了我的委托人。
But, members of the jury,
但是,各位陪审团成员,
you must not confuse-my incompetence-with any of the issues of this trial.
你们千万不要将我的无能和本次审判的任何问题混淆。
Those are two questions apart.
那是两个无关的问题。
Two questions quite apart.
两个完全无关的问题。
Many things have become obscured in this trial.
本次审判中许多事情变得扑朔迷离。
Many things have become obscured.
许多事情变得扑朔迷离。
My Lord, I regret that I can go on no longer.
法官大人,我遗憾我无法再继续。
I request Your Lordship's indulgence
我请求法官大人宽容,
to let my friend, Mr. Collins, take over the conduct of this case.
让我的朋友,Collins先生,接手本案的审理。
Surprising how closely the convolutions of a walnut-resemble those of the human brain.
真奇怪核桃的纹路与人脑多么相似。
I wish you hadn't refused, I mean, forbidden me to,
我希望你没有拒绝,我是说,禁止我去,
of course, you were quite right, to go to the trial today.
当然,你很对,旁听今天的审判。
Your coughing, my dear, might have distracted me.
你的咳嗽,我亲爱的,可能让我分神了。
It was important that I should concentrate on Mr. Keane's performance.
我必须全神贯注于Keane先生的表现,这很重要。
Of course.
当然。
How I shall pray the verdict will be not guilty.
多想祈祷裁决会是无罪啊。
Must I listen to more of your silly pity- for every scoundrel, man or woman... - I do pity her.
我一定要听更多你对每个 恶棍、男人女人的愚蠢怜悯吗? 我真同情她。
Who needs pity more than a woman who's sinned?
有谁比女人更需要同情?谁犯的罪?
You always forget that punishment is part of the scheme.
你总是忘记惩罚是方案的一部分。
An extremely necessary part of it.
是它极为必要的一部分。
Doesn't life punish us enough, Tommy? Doesn't it?
生活对我们惩罚得还不够吗?Tommy?不够吗?
Why should we hurt each other? We've no right to be cruel.
为什么我们必须互相伤害?我们无权残忍♥。
If I'm certain of anything, I'm certain of that.
如果我确信什么的话,我就确信这个。
You've knocked over a glass.
你打翻了玻璃杯。
So I have.
我打翻了。
Give it to me.
把它给我。
You've been talking even greater nonsense than usual tonight, Sophie.
今晚你已经说了比平时多得多的胡话,Sophie。
I'm afraid this trial has gotten on your nerves.
我恐怕这次审判让你变得神经兮兮。
I suggest you go to bed. Yes, I will, Tommy.
我建议你去睡觉了。 好的,这就去,Tommy。
I'm sorry.
对不起。
That poor woman. Couldn't you do something for her?
那可怜的女人。你不能为她做些什么吗?
How dare you speak to one of His Majesty's judges like that, silly woman?
你竟敢跟国王陛下的大♥法♥官说这样的话,愚蠢女人?
The jury decides questions of guilt or innocence.
陪审团裁决有罪或无罪的问题。
I may be silly, Tommy, but I love you.
我可能愚蠢,Tommy,可我爱你。
I've always loved you.
我一直都在爱你。
You must've known for years how terrible it is to love a man who...
这些年你一定都知道最可怕的就是爱一个法官...
Tommy, when you were young, you were kind.
Tommy,年轻的时候,你是善良的。
You can't sit on that Bench and...
你不能再坐在法官席上而且...
As long as I sit on that Bench, my dear Sophie,
只要我坐在法官席上,我亲爱的Sophie,
I shall continue to do my duty.
我就要继续履行我的职责。
And I have performed a duty today.
而且今天我已经履行了一次职责。
The Paradine woman will be hanged after three clear Sundays.
那个Paradine女人将在整整3个星期天后被绞死。
The next time you'll place your confidence with more discretion.
下一次你要更加谨慎地对待你的自信。
I suppose I ought to get out of here. I've kept you up late enough.
我想我应该离开这。我让你睡得够晚了。
You're more than welcome.
你完全不用客气。
But I do wish you'd at least telephone Gay.
但我很希望你至少能打个电♥话♥给Gay。
She must be terribly worried. Worried to death.
她一定非常担心。担心得要死。
Worried for the fear I'll come home, you mean. No.
担心我会回家,你的意思。不。
The least I can do for Gay is to spare her
我能为Gay做的最起码的事就是让她免于
the boring job of standing by me.
陪着我这种乏味的工作。
Now listen to me, my boy.
现在听我说,我的孩子。
You're not as wise about everything as you may think.
你并不像你自以为的那样明智。
And you mustn't despair.
而你一定不能绝望。
If there's one thing I can't abide, it's despairing.
如果有一件事是我不能容忍♥的,那就是绝望。
What would you have me do? Hope for a High Court judgeship?
那你要我怎么做?妄想做高等法♥院♥法官?
Well, not for a while.
好吧,暂时不要。
But all this talk about giving up the Bar is just so much poppycock.
但所以关于退出律师界的话都是一派胡言。
If I know anything about Gay, there's nothing at all she wants at this moment...
如果我知道Gay的什么事,现在她根本不想要什么...
Father.
父亲。
Where is she?
她在哪?
Hello, Tony.
你好,Tony。
Hello. What about having some breakfast?
你好。 吃点早餐怎么样?
Do you mind? Thanks.
你介意吗?谢谢。
But as a matter of fact, I was just leaving.
实际上,我只是离开一下。
Tony, you really shouldn't have worried me like this.
Tony,你真的不必这样担心我。
I waited up till all hours.
我等到多晚都没关系。
I should've known you'd be here with Simmy.
我本该知道你在这和Simmy一起。
I was proud of you today.
今天我为你骄傲。
Yes, I was.
是的,我骄傲。
Darling, it won't be easy.
亲爱的,这不容易。
There'll be those that laugh at you. Sneer.
会有一些人嘲笑你。还有冷笑。
And I don't think the newspapers will be very kind.
而且我不觉得报纸会很友善。
The worst thing of all is what I did to you.
这里面最糟糕的事是我对你做的。
Tony, the most important moment in your life
Tony,你生命中最重要的时刻
wasn't when you discovered what she was.
不是你发现她是什么的时候。
And it wasn't really even when you had the courage
甚至不是你有勇气
to stand up there before the whole world and confess your own mistakes.
站在整个世界面前并承认自己的错误的时候。
The most important moment...
最重要的时刻...
Look at me, Tony.
看着我,Tony。
The most important moment in your life is now.
你生命中最重要的时候是当下。
My husband is the most brilliant man I've ever known.
我的丈夫是我所认识的最聪明的男人。
You can throw away your career and become a beachcomber
你可能放弃事业并成为一个流浪汉
if that's what you want.
如果那是你想要的。
Maybe that's not such a bad idea.
也许这不是那么坏的想法。
Darling, don't you understand?
亲爱的,你不明白吗?
I want you back on the job just as fast as ever you can.
我希望你尽快恢复工作。
And I hope you have a tough case.
而且我希望你有桩棘手的案子。
Very tough,
非常棘手。
so that
结果
it will take the very best you have.
将带给你所能拥有的最好的东西。
Winning every verdict you're after. Convincing them.
赢得你所追求的每一个裁决。 说服他们。
There you go again, darling, with all your fancy ideas about me.
你又冲上去了,亲爱的,带着所有你对我的奇思妙想。
Incidentally, darling, you do need a shave.
顺便说一下,亲爱的,你得刮胡子了。
电影精选列表