I'm not talking about Latour. Who, then?
我没说是Latour。 那么,是谁?
I'm talking about our client.
我在说我们的委托人。
Oh.
哦。
So you think she killed him?
那么你认为是她杀了他?
That's what the Crown thinks, and will try to prove.
最高法♥院♥是这么认为的,而且试图证明这一点。
There's no sense going into court hurling other names into the case.
在法庭上将别的人扯进这案子是没道理的。
We have to prepare ourselves to answer the Crown on Mrs. Paradine.
我们必须做好准备答辩最高法♥院♥ 关于Paradine夫人的指控。
I'll have an answer. With facts?
我会有答辩的。 以事实为依据?
To begin with, we have the very simple and obvious fact
首先,我们有非常简单明了的事实。
that Mrs. Paradine is not a murderess. Really?
就是Paradine夫人不是凶手。 真的?
She's too fine a woman. Indeed.
她是个很好的女人。 那是。
I was of the impression she'd been a woman of very low estate
在我印象中她以前是个地位卑微的女人
and rather easy virtue.
而且水性杨花。
Why, you're an insufferable snob-incapable of recognizing genuine character.
为什么,我真没看出来你原来 是个令人难忍♥的势利小人。
I only hope the Crown tries to foul her name once. Just once!
我希望最高法♥院♥污辱她名声一次就够了。就一次!
I'm sorry, I hadn't realized the extent to which she'd impressed you.
对不起,我没想到她给你留下这么深的印象。
I've talked to her for hours, and I've done more than hear her words.
我和她谈了几小时,我所做的不只是听她说。
I've seen the decent, lovely woman behind them.
我在那背后看到的是一个端庄可爱的女士。
And I intend that the rest of the world shall see her as I do.
我希望其它人也像我这样看待她。
As a noble, self-sacrificing human being that any man would be proud of.
她是个高尚、奉献的人,任何人都会为之骄傲。
We've run out of soda water.
苏打水喝完了。
Well, ordinary water will do.
没事,普通水就好。
Shall I pour yours, Simmy?
要我倒出来,Simmy?
Please. A strong one.
拜托。多来点。
Latour worshipped the Colonel. That's true, isn't it?
Latour崇拜上校。这是真的,不是吗?
Yes.
是。
He was alone with the Colonel a great deal, during the day and night?
一直以来他都陪伴在上校身边,不管白天和黑夜?
Yes. So if Colonel Paradine,
是的。 所以,如果Paradine上校,
blind and unable to help himself, wanted to die,
失明而无助,不想活下去了,
there was only one person he could turn to, isn't that right?
只有一个人可以求助,这没错吧?
I won't say that. You won't say what?
我可没这么说。 你没说什么?
That Andre helped him. Andre?
Andre帮助他。 Andre?
Latour.
Latour。
You called him Andre? A valet?
你叫他Andre?一个男仆?
I'm not too well-trained in the more subtle snobberies of your class.
在你们阶级那些微妙的势利方面我不能说训练有素。
My class?
我们阶级?
I'm afraid you don't know me very well.
恐怕你不是很了解我。
I know you.
我了解你。
Always ready to sacrifice some underdog to win a point.
时刻准备着牺牲那些弱者以成为赢家。
You seem extraordinarily eager to protect this man
你好像非常急切地保护这个男人
from even suspicion of involvement.
以免他被卷入,即使是怀疑也不行。
What do you mean? I mean, you talk about Latour as if...
你什么意思? 我是说,你谈论Latour的态度好像...
As if what?
好像什么?
I'm a bit confused. I don't understand your attitude towards Latour.
我有点困惑。我不明白你对Latour的态度。
You speak his name oddly.
你念他名字时很微妙。
This is truly impossible.
这完全不可能。
I'll not listen to any more stupid, vicious innuendos.
我不想再听到任何愚蠢而恶毒的含沙影射。
You spoke as my rescuer.
你的语气像是我的拯救者。
Talked about a brief skirmish.
说是小打小闹。
So I did.
我是这样说的。
I'll try to recover my position as your champion.
做为你的辩护人,我会尽力进入状态。
We'll drop Monsieur Latour for the time being.
我们暂时先不说Latour先生。
No, I think Keane has given up the idea entirely
不,我认为Keane已经完全放弃
of dragging the valet into the suicide.
把那男仆拉进自杀案的想法。
At least, he hasn't been able to talk Mrs. Paradine into it.
起码,他没能说服Paradine夫人。
Has he got a substitute, or is he going to follow your advice for a change?
他找别人替代了?或者他打算听你的而改弦更张?
I don't know.
我不知道。
He's turning detective. What do you mean?
他要改行当侦探了。 你这话什么意思?
He's going to Cumberland to investigate Hindley Hall,
他要去Cumberland调查Hindley庄园,
the Paradine country house. But the thing happened in London.
Paradine的乡间别♥墅♥。 但这事发生在伦敦啊。
I'm bored with this game. Let's finish it later.
算了,我不想下了。下次再玩吧。
The adventures of Anthony Keane are much more interesting.
Anthony Keane历险记更刺♥激♥。
I don't know how you came by this decidedly unfeminine interest in things.
我不懂怎么你对事物的兴趣和一般女人完全不同。
Your mother was a simple, old-fashioned woman who'd shudder at the thought of...
你母亲单纯、古板,她很怕去思考...
I'm glad you're not going on with the game, you nearly had me.
我很开心你没接着下,你都快赢了。
Is Tony infatuated with that woman? What?
Tony迷上那个女人了吗? 什么?
Where on earth do you get such insane ideas?
你到底打哪儿来的这种疯狂念头?
Tell me something. How does Hindley Hall happen to be still open?
跟我说说。Hindley庄园怎么正好还开着?
It's not really open. There's just the housekeeper...
不是真的开着。那只有个管家...
What sort of plot are you concocting now?
你脑子里现在胡思乱想些什么?
Is that handsome valet still there? I refuse to answer any more questions.
那个英俊的贴身男仆还在哪? 我拒绝回答任何问题。
If you're not going to play chess, I'm going to write some letters.
如果你不想下棋,我要写信了。
Now go to bed.
好了,去睡觉了。
I bet you he's going up there because there's something-between Mrs. Paradine and that valet.
我敢跟你打赌他要去那儿是因为 Paradine夫人和那男仆一定有猫腻。
Valet? Where did you get that notion?
男仆?你打哪儿知道的?
Why are you looking so funny? Did you have the same idea?
你的表情怎么怪怪的?你也这么想?
I wondered if Keane could've found out...
我好奇是否Keane能发现...
That she and the valet... That's it! And he's jealous.
她和那个男仆...对了!他在吃醋。
My heavens, he's jealous of that valet!
我的老天,他在吃那男仆的醋!
Come, come. Don't "come, come" me.
得了,得了。 不要“得了,得了”我。
Have you ever known Tony to visit jail so often for any other client?
你以前见过Tony这么频繁地去拘留所见委托人吗?
Tony is still in love with Gay, and you know it.
Tony一直爱着Gay,这你知道的。
And why shouldn't he be? If he lets Gay down after all these years...
为什么他不能这样? 如果经过这么多年后他辜负了Gay...
Such things do happen.
如果这事真发生了。
I'm sorry to have to tell you, my dear, that your education, such as it is,
我得难过地告诉你,亲爱的,你所受教育,虽一般般,
was paid for by many a broken heart.
是以许多破碎的心为代价的。
He's in love with that woman, isn't he? Get off my lap.
他迷上那个狐狸精了,不是吗? 从我膝盖上下来。
I've never seen it to fail.
我还从来没输过。
Men who've been good too long
男人好日子过太久了
get a longing for the mud and want to wallow in it.
就会犯贱渴望陷入泥潭在里面打滚。
Where did you read that? Tony's too decent for that sort of thing.
你打哪儿看的这个?Tony对那种事来说太正派了。
Really? The best men always end up with the worst women.
真的?最好的男人往往死在最坏的女人手里。
He's after her boyfriend. That's why he's going to Cumberland.
他盯着她的男朋友。所以他要去Cumberland。
That's absurd. Don't you think I'm right?
太荒唐了。 我不觉得我说对了吗?
Answer me.
回答我。
I'll not be treated as a hostile witness by my own flesh and blood.
我不要被自己的亲骨肉当成一个恶意证人。
Men are such horrible beasts.
男人是如此可怕的野兽。
I wish I were married to Anthony Keane for just one hour.
但愿我和Anthony Keane结婚只一个小时。
I'd make him jump through hoops.
我要让他唯命是从。
I wish you were married to someone.
但愿你嫁给那种人。
Perhaps he could put up with your claptrap better than I can.
也许他比我更能忍♥受你的絮叨。
I hope...
我但愿...
No, I don't hope they hang her.
不,我不希望绞死她。
I don't like breaking pretty things.
我不喜欢毁掉美好的事物。
But I do hope they send her to prison for life.
但我很希望让她终身监禁。
What's she really like?
她到底是怎么样的人?
Fascinating. Fascinating.
迷人。迷人。
I'm an old ruin, but she certainly brings my pulse up a beat or two.
我是把老骨头了,但她真的让我心跳加速。
Poor Gay.
可怜的Gay。
Hello, Tony. Hello, darling.
你好,Tony。 你好,亲爱的。
You're late. I told you not to wait up for me.
你回来晚了。 我说过不要等我了。
I wasn't.
我没等。
I think I'll be off to bed. Good night, darling.
我要去睡觉了。晚安,亲爱的。
Tony?-
Tony?
Yes, dear.
在,亲爱的。
I'm sorry if I don't seem quite myself, it's...
对不起,如果我看起来不太正常,那...
I have a headache. I'm sorry that you're not feeling well.
我头痛。 你感觉不好我很难过。
I'm afraid I'm a bit on the ragged side myself tonight.
恐怕今晚我自己也有点不舒服。
Tony, couldn't we get away? Just for a little while?
Tony,我们能出门旅行一次吗?就一小段时间。
You do need a rest. I've never seen you quite like this before.
你需要休整一下。以前从来没见你这样。
I'll be all right. Just a good night's sleep.
我没事。只要好好补个觉。
Even if it's only for a few days. For our anniversary. You did promise.
哪怕只有几天。为我们的周年纪念。你答应过的。
Really, darling. There are some things more important than anniversaries.
真的,亲爱的。还有比周年纪念更重要的事。
You didn't use to think so.
你以前不这样的。
As a matter of fact, I may have to go away.
说真的,我可能得走了。
Mrs. Paradine and her husband used to live a good deal of the time-at a place called Hindley Hall, up in Cumberland.
Paradine夫人和她丈夫过去在Cumberland 一个叫Hindley庄园的地方生活过很长时间。
I thought I might nose around a bit. You know, see what I can pick up.
我觉得可以发现些线索。你懂的,看能找到什么。
At the same time get a breath of fresh air.
同时呼吸呼吸新鲜空气。
That sounds wonderful. You won't be busy all the time, we could...
听起来挺不错。你不会一直忙的,我们可以...
But, darling, it's only for a day or two.
可是,亲爱的,只有一两天的时间。
电影精选列表