应该是你才对
...that should've been you.
好吧,如果肖是在那辆悍马上…
Okay, if Shaw is in the Hummer...
…那辆丰田在这里…
...the Toyota is here...
好了,先起来,站起来
All right. Just get up, get up.
听我说,这…
Listen, it's...
这已经过去了,画上句号♥了,懂吗?你得向前看
That's over with. That's done.
我只是希望,你知道,也许…
What I was hoping is that, you know, maybe...
你缺钱花吗?
You need some money or something?
- 不,不,长官 - 等一下
- No, no, sir. - Wait a minute.
我不需要你的钱
I don't need your money, man.
那好吧,很高兴见到你
All right. It was great to see you.
纸袋还是塑料袋,先生?
Paper or plastic, sir?
随着因血腥星期五的事件而再度引发的公众的焦虑
With public anxiety being
随着仍然前途未卜的反恐战迈入又一个年度
with the war on terror continuing into
忧虑仍在滋生蔓延
the worries just continue to grow.
民♥意♥测验表明越来越多的选民
Polls indicate that more and more voters
关注起个人家庭安全
are concerned with personal family safety,
以及经济保障体制
with economic security,
担忧越来越多的工职流向海外
fearing more and more jobs going overseas
或者被非法移♥民♥占有
or being taken by illegal immigrants.
选民关注空气和水的质量
They're concerned with the quality of air and our
由于环保法律的倒♥退♥
the degradation caused by the rollback in environmental
以及宗教和种族分化导致空气和水源品质退化
by religious and racial
并伴随着全球人口死亡骤增
with the drumbeat of body bags coming from all over
美国人♥民♥已经为政党更替做好了准备
The American people are ready for a new
然而由于本党在众多问题上都大有分歧
But because this party is so divided on so
确定副总统候选人很可能会成为
the choice of a vice presidential nominee may
此次会议代表们协力齐心的要素
the unifying factor for delegates at this
如果大家因此能推举我
And if this respect propels me toward the nomination
作为你们的副总统候选人,我将感到无比荣幸
as your vice presidential candidate,
我们需要向内看,先治理自己的家园
We need to look inward, attend to our own
对我们国家的威胁并不仅仅来自逍遥法外的恐♥怖♥分♥子♥
The danger to our country is
那些恐♥怖♥分♥子♥,顺便提一句,是我们帮忙造成的
terrorists who, by the way, we've
是二十年失败的对外政策的恶果
with 20 years of failed foreign policy.
不,真正的威胁来自被剥夺的公民自♥由♥
No, the real danger is from suspending
摈弃“权利和自♥由♥法案”,放任我们的恐惧…
gutting the Bill of Rights, allowing
去摧毁我们民♥主♥的理念
to destroy our democratic ideals,
因为一旦我们开始自我颠覆我们宪法的保障
because once we start overturning our
我们的敌人就已经赢了
our enemies have won.
雷蒙德?
Raymond?
- 他在这儿 - 亲爱的
- There he is. - Darling.
怎么,你打算让我站在那儿像个服务生似的吗?
What, were you gonna make me stand
我问了楼下的弗里曼小姐,你的女保镖、得力助手弗里曼小姐
I asked downstairs and
她说你在这儿练习演讲
she said you were up here practicing your speech.
说真的我不明白为什么
I don't honestly understand why
你非要孤立自己,雷蒙德
you insist upon isolating yourself, Raymond.
大家都崇拜你,他们渴望与你作伴
People adore you, they crave your company,
可你却在这里
and yet here you are,
躲藏起来就像是个…
holed up as if you were some sort of
感情有问题的人,像你父亲似的
emotionally challenged individual like your
闭嘴,汤姆,而不是雷蒙德·普兰蒂斯·肖
Shut up, Tom. Instead of Raymond
英俊,聪明
handsome, intelligent,
人们爱戴的战争英雄,本党的擎天柱石
people-loving war hero with a great deal
- 不 - 也是本国的
- No. - And his country.
不
No.
- 不什么? - 不
- No, what? - No.
我都还没问呢
I haven't even asked you a question yet.
不…对于你那些将要问的问题
No to the question you're going to ask.
不…对于你那些只是装个样子问一下的问题
No to all of the questions you pretend
你的头发太无精打采了
Your hair is too flat.
不…还有你不可以使你那些惯用的伎俩
And no, you may not engage in your usual
还有那条领带…
And that tie...
把我推上总统候选人的位置
political thuggery to shovel me onto the
领带不对,要用再休闲些的
Tie's wrong. Something less busy.
哦,你对当候选人不感兴趣
Oh, you're not interested.
我当然感兴趣,否则我就不会在这里了
Of course I'm interested. I wouldn't be
但这不意味着
But not if it means attacking the reputation
攻击一个像汤姆·乔丹那样的政♥治♥家的声誉
of a statesman like Tom Jordan,
我肯定这是你计划的一部分
which I am sure was part of your plan.
对不起,我什么时候攻击过乔丹参议员了,尽管…
Excuse me, when have I ever
尽管什么?
Despite what?
尽管他女儿那年夏天在海滨
Despite the shameful way his daughter toyed with you
那么厚颜无♥耻♥地玩弄你
that summer at the shore.
你把她赶走了,妈妈,我们可得实事求是…
You chased her away, Mother, let's not
她和你不是一类人,但如果你非要说是这么回事…
She wasn't in your league, but
你毁了我们所有的在一起的可能…
You destroyed any possibility of us ever...
亲爱的,你把事情想得过于单纯了点,但没关系
Honey, you are oversimplifying
我会置身事外的
I'll stay out of it.
我保证
You have my word.
谢谢,谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
我想你们都知道我的母亲埃莉诺·普兰蒂斯·肖参议员
I think you all know my
而你们中的一些人,毫无疑问还记得我的父亲
And some of you, no doubt, remember
已故的约翰·肖参议员
the late Senator John Shaw.
我很荣幸能在国会任职两期
I've been honored to serve my two terms in Congress.
但我也是在权位高处长大的
But I also grew up on the Hill.
我知道职业政客是怎么玩这个游戏的
I've seen how the game is played by
政♥治♥交易是如何互惠互利的
how deals are struck,
委员会受恫吓,议案被买♥♥卖♥♥
committees bullied, agendas bought and sold.
借此向我的母亲道声歉,我希望继续当个外行人
And with apologies to my mother, I
我坚信民♥主♥政♥治♥是不容妥协的
I believe democracy is not negotiable.
我坚信消除全世界和本国的恐惧并重获自♥由♥
I believe that freedom from fear in
是不容妥协的
is not negotiable.
我知道如今等待着美国人的有多少恐惧
I know how much Americans have to fear
但我可以告诉你们,我曾经体验过
But I can tell you that I've been there.
我曾在前线和敌人直接交战
I've faced the enemy firsthand on the battlefront.
我知道恐惧是什么滋味
I know what it is to be afraid.
但我就是活生生的证明,我们可以获胜
But I am living proof that we can win.
我们能战胜一切
We can prevail.
我们必须把明天掌握在今天手中,谢谢
We must secure tomorrow today. Thank you.
- 讹诈? - 也没什么直接证据
- Bluffing? - That was the inference.
他们应该对我下跪谢恩
They should be down on their fat, white knees, thanking
感谢我解本党于倒悬
for saving this party from committing political seppuku.
你对他们已经仁至义尽了,参议员
You gave them every opportunity to do the
不,我给他们的仁义只有一个这对我来说已经是法外施恩了
No. I gave them one
看看你能不能联络一下鲍勃·阿瑟
See if you can get ahold of Bob Arthur,
我想要见他
because I'm gonna wanna meet with him.
非常感谢你的安排
Thank you very much for arranging this.
- 我很感谢 - 不客气
- I appreciate it. - Sure.
- 部长先生 - 参议员
- Mr. Secretary. - Senator.
非常感谢你参加这次会议
Thank you very much for taking this meeting.
- 很高兴再见到你 - 利昂娜,很高兴见到你,利昂娜
- Good to see you again. -
伙计们,先生们
Buddy. Gentlemen.
不,我以为今早我们已经谈妥了
No, I thought we settled it this morning.
好,我会和你通气的
All right, I'll keep you posted.
这是最后的决定了
The decision is final.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
- 珍宁怎么样? - 参议员
- How's Jeanine? - Senator.
汤姆·乔丹是公认的候选人
Tom Jordan's on the ticket.
现在,我们并不需要你的支持
Now, we don't need your blessing,
但我们会很欢迎你的支持的
but we'd like it.
好吧,在正题之前,我…
Okay, so before we get started, I'm just...
很想知道…
I'm dying to know...
是哪个天才,搞出了那段内布拉斯加州的新闻专访?
...which genius hatched the
说什么让人♥肉♥炸♥弹♥远离公交车
with a relic who thinks that keeping suicide
是违反宪法的,是你吗,高蒂?
is unconstitutional. Was it you, Gordy?
所有调查表明阿瑟-乔丹组合
All the research indicates that an Arthur-Jordan
很受美国民众的欢迎
sits quite well with the American people.
“很受欢迎”能换算成多少票数?
"Sits quite well" translates into how many
你儿子在纽约外很多地方都不为人所知
Your son is largely unknown outside of New
我是说他的公共服务,国会纪录
I mean, his public service, his congressional
电影精选列表