explaining what the fuck's going on at your company.
你的文章用词相当不客气
Your article was pretty brutal,
但是在Mad Money 我们知道一些事
but here on Mad Money, we know something.
我们知道每个故事都有两面
We know that there are two sides to every single story.
在她参加完哈佛医学院董事会
Coming to us this afternoon from Boston,
举办的一个会议后
where she's attending a meeting of the Board of Fellows
她下午从波士顿来到我们这里
at Harvard Medical School, to give her a chance to answer
我们给了她一个机会回答那篇文章里提到的争议问题
the charges raised in the article.
Ms Holmes 欢迎来到Mad Money
Ms. Holmes, welcome back to Mad Money.
很高兴来到这里 谢谢
It's great to be here, thank you.
当你试图改变世界的时候 这种事情就会发生
This is what happens when you work to change things,
首先他们说你疯了 然后他们挑战你
and first they think you're crazy, then they fight you.
然后 突然间 你就改变世界了
And then, all of a sudden, you change the world.
我得说
And, um, I have to say,
我个人对华尔街日报发表这种东西
I personally was shocked to see that
感到非常震惊
the Journal would publish something like this.
我们与文章里提到的每个爆料人
Every single one of the sources that
都取得了联♥系♥
we spoke with who the Journal had contacted told us
他告诉我们文章里每件事
that the statements that were being attributed to them
都是错误的或者有误导性的
were false or misleading, and...
她决定出来 提到我的文章并且反驳
She decided to come out and address my story and rebut it.
Theranos发布了一份新闻稿 说我的报道是错误的
Theranos issued a press release calling my reporting false,
然后他们威胁说要起诉我
and they were threatening us with litigation.
现在的媒体太坏了
The journalism here has been so bad,
他们应该被起诉
they deserve to be sued,
但是诉讼通常不解决问题
but lawsuits rarely resolve issues.
真正解决问题的是科学 是市场
What's going to resolve this issue is the science, the marketplace.
公♥司♥在亚利桑那州取得了成功
The company has been successful in Arizona.
医生和病人都很高兴 他们
Doctors are happy, patients are happy. They're getting...
医生和病人都不高兴
Doctors and patients were not happy.
FDA担心病人的安全
The FDA was so worried about patient safety
所以他们禁止了纳米容器的使用
that it banned the use of the nanotainer,
终止了在Walgreens指尖采样
putting an end to all fingerstick tests at Walgreens.
CMS对Theranos实验室发动了一场无预先通知的审查
CMS conducted a surprise inspection of the Theranos lab,
发现血液检查非常不准确
and found the blood testing so inaccurate,
威胁到了病人的安全
that it posed a threat to patient safety,
有可能造成严重伤害
likely to cause serious injury,
甚至死亡
harm, or death.
CMS撤销了实验室的执照
CMS revoked the lab's license to operate.
促使CMS发起行动的举报信
The letter that prompted CMS to act
来自Erika Cheung
- came from Erika Cheung.
最后对我来说
You know, in the end for me,
是一种复杂的情绪
it was a bit of a mixed feeling.
终于能真♥相♥大白我真的很激动
I was really excited because the truth finally got out.
但是同样事实也有点悲伤
But then also, a bit of sadness in the fact that, um...
我们真的很想让这个项目成功
you know, we all really wanted that project to succeed.
你在和你爷爷
Have you been able to win your argument
就Theranos的问题上的争论
with your grandfather in terms of persuading him
你有没有说赢
of the problems at Theranos?
他说他不知道存在多少欺骗
He said that he had no idea how much deception there was,
他以我为傲
and that he was proud of me.
没错
Yeah.
我很庆幸他终于明白了真♥相♥
Yeah, I'm glad he finally really gets it.
2015年十月下旬在拉古纳海滩
There was a Journal technology conference
举办了一场科技期刊大会
taking place in Laguna Beach in late October 2015,
恰好一年多前
and it so happened that more than a year prior
主办方邀请Elizabeth Holmes来演讲
it had lined up Elizabeth Holmes as one of the speakers.
今天您能把关键点说详细一点吗
Could you get specific on the key points today and...
她不仅来了 还很招摇
And not only did she come, she came swinging.
我们提供检测的质量是最高的
The tests that are offered are of the highest quality.
我们知道自己在做什么 我们为之感到自豪
We know what we're doing, and we're very proud of it.
你们有没有
Were there situations in which you,
必须要稀释血样的情形
uh, had to dilute blood samples?
报道描述我们采集血样后稀释
What the Journal described that we take a sample, dilute it,
然后放进商业血样分♥析♥机
and put it on a commercial analyzer
这种说法是不准确的 我们不是那么做的
is inaccurate, and that's not what we do.
我在杂♥志♥的网站上看到这段视频
I watched it on the Journal website,
我简直不能相信她说的话
and I couldn't believe what she just said.
毫无疑问这是一个弥天大谎
There was no question that that was a huge lie
因为他们绝对是这么干的
because they were absolutely doing it.
我们其实不使用
We don't actually use the technology
爱迪生的技术
that's being referred to as Edison for anything,
好几年都没在用了
and haven't for a few years now.
当我们指尖采集血样时 每一次我们都使用的是
When we do fingerstick, every time, we use technology
未商业化的技术
that is not commercially available.
我们从来没有
We have never used
使用过商业化的实验仪器
commercially available lab equipment
检测指尖采集血样
for fingerstick-based tests.
每一个指尖采集血液检测...
Every fingerstick test...
我低估了她在
I had underestimated her willingness
大庭广众之下扯谎的意愿 还是在我们的地盘上
to bald-face lie in public, on our turf.
我很想知道的是
I guess what I really want to know is, do you feel now,
你有没有后知后觉 认为你入市有一点过早了
in hindsight, that maybe you went market a little too quickly?
你有感受到任何压力吗
Did you feel pressured to do that in any way?
我们还是原来那个公♥司♥
We're the exact same company.
一切都没变
Nothing has changed.
我们每天都在努力使检测
We're working every single day to try to get these tests
和系统能够满足最高等级的质量标准
and systems to meet the highest quality standards.
John Carreyrou文章发布的几个月后
Couple of months after John Carreyrou's article,
我写了一篇新报道
I wrote a new story.
为了纠正我的错误
It was both a correction and a mea culpa.
我说Elizabeth故意误导我
And I said that Elizabeth had intentionally misled me.
在我发表报道后
After I published the piece,
Elizabeth打电♥话♥给我
Elizabeth called me,
进行了一次很长的对话
and there was a long conversation.
她毫无歉意 她说
She was not apologetic. She said,
"我从来没有故意误导你
"I never would intentionally try to mislead you.
我们为什么要那么做"
Why would we do that?"
她试着劝我把那句话删掉
She was trying to persuade me to take out that sentence.
她大概是这么说的
She said something like,
“如果你不把那句话删掉
"If you're not going to take that language out,
我们就要采取相应的措施了"
we're going to have to do something about that language,"
带着一点威胁的意味
which was a little menacing,
但是他们之后只是写了一封信
but all that they then did was they wrote a letter.
接近结尾 有一段奇怪的话
Toward the end, there was a weird paragraph,
大意是Elizabeth根本没有意识到
something to the effect that Elizabeth didn't even realize
《财富》杂♥志♥是在做一个专题报道 更别说是封面故事了
that Fortune was doing a feature profile, let alone a cover.
简直就...
And it was so, such a...
很奇怪
bizarre thing 'cause...
我为之工作了四天
I was out there four days and...
我按她的请求打电♥话♥给这些人
I had called all these people at her behest.
七个董事
You know, seven directors,
加州大学旧金山分校医学中心的负责人
the head of UCSF Medical Center,
蓝十字蓝盾(医保协会)的负责人
the head of Blue Cross Blue Shield.
我花了一个半小时采访她父母 还见了她哥哥
I spent an hour and a half with her parents. I met her brother.
我问了她九岁那年写的信
I asked her about the letter she wrote when she was nine. I--
我问了她在她离家去上大学时
I asked her about the book her father gave her
她父亲送她的书
when she went away to school, which was
马可·奥里利乌斯的《沉思录》
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.
然后还有拍照
And then there was the photo shoot!
请的是知名摄影师
It was a big- name photographer,
和他的助手们 还有灯光设施
and his assistants, and the lighting equipment,
拍了几百张照片
and taking a couple hundred photos
在不同的地方 拍了不同姿势的照片
in different locations and different poses.
那都是线索 对不对
That was a clue, you know?
这简直是精神失常
This was real lunacy.
我意识到她精神有点问题
I realized that there was something wrong with her mind,
我不知道她是在说谎或是...
that, um, you know, I don't know if she's lying or if she's...
存在无意识的
uh, there's an unconscious, um,
自我重建 自我保护
reconstruct-- self-protective,
重建正在发生的现实
电影精选列表