里科几乎把所有东西都恢复了
Well, Rico recovered, like, everything.
三万封邮件吧
Thirty-thousand emails, I think.
三万封
Thirty-thousand?
其中只有三封是写给我妈妈的
Three of which were to my mother.
这已经能充分说明
Which tells you everything you need to know
他们之间的关系了
about that relationship.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
不 别道歉
No. Don't be sorry.
他们之前不是那样的关系
It wasn't like that between them.
我本来也没指望有别的什么
I-I didn't expect there to be more.
不过大概有300封信
But anyway, there's, like, 300 letters.
我找到这封
And I found this one.
真幸运
"What a stroke of luck,
我们竟然同时在柏林
the two of us being in Berlin at the same time."
我一直想着漂在施普雷河上的
"I can't stop thinking about the green-blue floes
蓝绿色浮冰
drifting along the Spree..."
天啊
Oh, geez.
抱歉 你不想我来
Oh, sorry. Do you not want, want me to...
没事 继续吧
No, no, go on. It's okay.
边缘参差不齐 让人不安
"Jaggedly foreboding,
在灰冷如钢的天空下 竟显得更透明了
more translucent somehow, for the steely sky."
令人惊叹 多么
"Breathtaking. What..."
它在干什么
What's he doing?
不知道
I don't know.
好吧
Okay.
共同度过了多么快乐的一天
"What a happy day together."
这几个月我一直很想你 艾瑞斯
"I'd been missing you terribly, Iris, these past months."
现在我又一次
"And now, once again,
感到悲伤和空虚
I find myself sadly bereft."
但你这几页新的作品 让我着迷
"But these new pages of yours, I'm enthralled."
精彩的作品
"Fabulous work,
引人入胜 真了不起
riveting and wondrous."
你觉得沃尔特会给它读这些吗
Do you think Walter read to him?
一定会 他
Yeah, I'm sure. He...
他会给愿意听的人读
He'd read to anyone who'd listen.
怎么了
What?
我只是想象了一下
Just imagining what that might have been like..
听沃尔特读书是什么感觉
being read to by Walter.
听得人发麻 就是这种感觉
Numbing, that's how.
我读给你们听
Let me read to you, and him.
这次探险的目标是绘制支流
"The goal of the expedition was to map a tributary,
亚马孙河的支流
of a tributary of the Amazon,
它有个诗意的名字 叫怀疑之河
the poetically named River of Doubt. And..."
太棒了 这是你喜欢的吗
Amazing. Is that what you like?
写下的文字
The written word?
能安抚你狂野的胸膛吗
Does that soothe your savage breast?
好了 知道不能太过了
Okay, okay, okay. Wouldn't wanna overdo it.
我想读一首诗 这诗是
I wanna read a poem called
托马斯·哈代的《我的灵魂不再萦绕坟墓》
"My Spirit Will Not Haunt The Mound" by Thomas Hardy.
我的灵魂不再萦绕我胸前的坟墓
"My spirit will not haunt the mound above my breast,
它将携着记忆 奔向我战栗的灵魂
but travel, memory-possessed, to where my tremulous being..."
它太大了
It's just, he is so big,
而你那公♥寓♥就像个鞋盒
and your apartment is like a shoebox.
你从没去过我家
You've never been to my apartment.
我听沃尔特说过
Well, I've heard, from Walter.
你们会讨论我公♥寓♥的大小吗
You two would discuss the size of my apartment?
我们聊过很多事
We talked about a lot of things.
艾瑞斯 这太残忍♥了
It just seems cruel, Iris.
芭芭拉 你说得对
Barbara, you were right.
本地的救助站都没地方了
There's no space in any of the local rescues.
你不能随便重新安置沃尔特的狗
You can't just re-home Walter's dog.
我真的希望你能再考虑一下
I really wish you'd reconsider.
我知道这是沃尔特的心愿
I know it's what Walter wanted.
拜托 他真的说过
Come on, did he actually say that,
那是他的心愿吗
that that's what he wanted?
艾瑞斯
Iris.
谢谢你
Thank you.
陪我去坐地铁
Walk me to the train?
好 来吧 大块头
Yeah. Come on, big guy.
这只狗 太像沃尔特了
That dog, he's so Walter.
你是说它那摇晃的东西吗
You mean, the swinging balls?
沃尔特一定会讨厌今天
Walter would've hated today.
骨灰 鲜花 还有那哀伤的诗
The ashes, flowers, mournful poem.
他会很高兴看到他那三个老婆
He'd have loved seeing his three wives
都被困在一条小船上
stuck on a tiny boat together.
我们还应该邀请他那些女朋友们
We should've invited the girlfriends.
你得包一艘更大的船
"You're gonna need a bigger boat."
天啊
God.
我从没告诉过你
I never told you that I,
其实我早知道你们俩的事
I knew about the two of you.
你们曾经在一起
That you'd been together.
是沃尔特告诉你的吗
Did Walter tell you?
是我猜到的 然后我问他 他也承认了
I guessed. Then I asked him, and he, you know, owned it.
他为你们还能继续做朋友
He was so proud of himself
而感到特别骄傲
that you remained friends.
但他从没透露什么细节
But he neverreally shared details.
其实是
It was...
那个夏天
that summer,
我们上他的最后一堂课
that last class we took from him.
我们就一直一起玩
We just kept hanging out.
散步 喝咖啡
Going for walks, coffees.
有天晚上 我们意外喝了酒
One night, out of the blue, we'd been drinking,
他突然对我说
he just suddenly said to me...
我们该放纵一下
"We should fuck."
我真没想到会发生这事
And I didn't expect it with us,
虽然我们已经认识那么久了
I mean, after so much time together.
我在别的学生身上见过这种情况
I'd seen it with other students, but...
对 -我就盯着他
Yeah. - So I-I just stared at him.
然后说 为什么
And said, "Why?"
为什么 -对 他也笑了
"Why?" - Yeah. He laughed, too.
然后他说
And then he said,
我们应该互相了解一下
"We should find that out about each other."
他不会这么说吧
He didn't.
他真这么说的 然后就发生了
He did. And then we did.
像沃尔特那样的男人 和他们所爱的语言
Men like Walter and their beloved language.
到了甜言蜜语的时候 听起来都一个样
Isn't it disappointing that when it comes time to seduce,
真让人失望 对吧
they all sound the same?
那时候我对生活里一切
I mean, at that point in my life,
都特别认真
I was so intense about everything.
我想要所有的体验 而他
I wanted every experience. And he...
他就是那么成熟 可恶
He was just so fucking sophisticated.
然后呢
And?
然后就结束了
And then that was it.
第二天他就说 这是个错误
The next day he pronounced it a mistake
我们不该有朋友以外的关系
for us to try and be more than friends.
真是个混♥蛋♥ -没错
What a cad. - Yeah.
我当时又羞又恼
I was mortified and angry.
我甚至觉得我们再也不可能当朋友了
And I didn't think for a second we could ever be friends again.
然后我爸病了 -我记得
And then my dad got sick. - I remember.
对 他出现在葬礼上
Right, and he shows up at the funeral,
那感觉很好 有点怪 但很好
and it was really nice and weirdly okay.
然后你们两个开始了
And then you two started up,
一切又变得正常起来
and it was all normal again.
你为什么从没说过这些
Why didn't you ever say anything?
我也不知道 好像也没必要说 都是朋友
I don't know. It didn't seem to matter. We were all friends.
是啊 好像确实没必要
Yeah. I guess it didn't.
但后来我和沃尔特分开了
But then Walter and I split.
我那时嫉妒了
And I was jealous.
嫉妒我吗
Of me?
嫉妒你和他之间的关系
Of your relationship with him.
电影精选列表