没有 我知道我没爱过沃尔特
No. I know I was not in love with Walter.
有时候给我们的情绪安个名字
Sometimes putting a name on our feelings
能帮我们度过失落期
can help with the grieving process.
我知道失落的感觉
Look, I know about grief.
我知道什么是爱 但那不是爱
I know what love feels like. And that wasn't it.
我 我没期待过别的什么
I, I wasn't hoping for something more.
我只是在建议
I'm only suggesting...
我们是朋友 不是恋人
We were friends, not lovers.
而且 对 有时候 好吧
And, and, yes, sometimes, okay,
有时候我会有些嫉妒或占有欲 但
sometimes I got jealous or possessive, but...
我们 我们可以聊天聊几个小时
We, we, we could just talk for hours...
什么都聊
about anything.
聊艺术
Art. B-B...
聊音乐 书 很多的书
Music, books. So many books.
就自然而然的
It was just effortless.
就像是
Like...
在一起呼吸
breathing together.
而现在他走了
And now he's gone.
是啊 他走了 该死的 他走了
Yeah. He's gone. He's fucking gone.
可恶 他
He's fucking...
自杀了 这就是现实
killed himself. And it's just the way it is.
如果沃尔特现在在这里
If Walter were here right now,
你想对他说什么
what would you like to say to him?
如果你什么都能说 任何话
If you could say anything, a-anything.
你可是个作家
Look, you're a writer.
或许写下来会有帮助
Maybe it would help if you write about it.
写关于沃尔特的事
About Walter?
写下发生的事
About what happened.
怎么
What?
这就是我内心深处疯狂的模样吗
Is this the madness at the heart of it,
是我悄悄对自己低语的童话
the fairy tale I whisper to myself?
如果我爱上神采奕奕却渐老的阿波罗
That if I love beautiful, aging Apollo,
如果我的行为不出于私心
that if I act selflessly,
我会在某个早晨醒来 发现它不见了
I'll wake up one morning to find him gone,
然后你出现在它原本的位置上
and you in his place,
从亡者世界归来
back from the land of the dead?
这故事要如何开始
How does the story begin?
我们从一个女人说起
We start with a woman.
她在坐地铁
She rides on the subway.
她是独自一人吗 不
Is she alone? No.
她带着一只狗 一只迷你腊肠犬
She has brought a dog with her, a miniature Dachshund,
还有一捧水仙花
and some daffodils.
她要去哪
Where is she going?
她去看一位老朋友
She's going to visit an old friend.
那位朋友住在布鲁克林的一栋楼里
The friend lives in a brownstone in Brooklyn.
现在可以看到她走上那栋楼的台阶
See her now walking up the steps of the brownstone.
看到她按下门铃
See her ring the doorbell.
她等着
She waits...
有些迟疑
uncertain.
你好
Hello.
嗨
Hi.
进来吧
Come on in.
那朋友是独居吗
Does the friend live alone?
不 他和妻子一起住
No, he lives with his wife,
但是他妻子今天不在家
but she isn't home today.
她去工作了
She's at work.
关于那件事 芭芭拉是怎么告诉你的
Exactly what did Barbara tell you about what happened?
她说她出差去了
That she was away on a business trip,
但是因为丹佛有暴风雨 航♥班♥被取消了
but the flight was canceled because of a storm in Denver.
然后她回到这里
And when she got back here,
发现狗在书房♥外面
she found the dog outside the study,
门上有一张给清洁工的便条
with a note on the door for your cleaning lady,
让她拨♥打♥911求助
warning her to call 911.
清洁工原本是计划
The, the cleaning lady was scheduled to come in...
第二天早上再上门
the next morning.
但你说的没错
But you're right.
如果我的学生写下这样的情节
If one of my students had put that in a story,
我会说 哎呀 是不是有点太简单了
I'd have said, "Gee, isn't that just a little bit too easy?"
那你现在感觉怎么样
So how do you feel now?
羞愧 丢脸
Humiliated, disgraced.
普通人该有的反应
Ordinary human reactions.
我懂
I know that.
我最近一直在读关于自杀的书
I've been reading up on suicide.
你最好别读了
You'd better stop that.
自杀是会传染的
Suicide is contagious.
我还有别的选择吗
What choice did I have?
已经是一团糟了
It's been... confusing.
好吧 我懂
Okay. I get that.
那你打算怎么处理那本书
What are you gonna do about the book?
那本书
The book.
我决定不再从事那本书的工作
I've decided to step away from the book.
那本你的书
Your book.
你为什么说是我的书
What do you mean my book?
我完全交给你负责了
I gave you complete control.
面对自己的写作 我内心很矛盾
I'm feeling conflicted about my own writing.
在负责那本书之前 你就没写东西了
Well, you weren't doing any writing before the book.
我以为那对你有好处
I thought this would be good for you.
不 当你让我处理你的信件时
No, when you asked me to work on your correspondence,
你不是在考虑我
you weren't thinking about me,
你是在考虑你和你的遗业
you were thinking about you and your legacy.
是我害你陷入了存在危机吗
Your existential crisis is my fault?
我不是在怪你
I'm not blaming you.
但是是你决定要自杀
But you made a choice,
是你弄得我现在进退两难
and you put me in an impossible position.
是我导致的
I have?
瓦尔也是受害者 但她还好
And Val, too. But she's fine.
就算没有我 她也可以完成那本书
She can finish the book without me.
我在考虑写点别的
I'm thinking about writing something else.
那太好了
Well, that is wonderful.
写什么
What about?
写你
You.
写发生的事
About what happened.
有一天晚上我突然想到
It came to me suddenly one night.
那时我正在看《生活多美好》
I was watching "It's A Wonderful Life."
你肯定看过吧
I'm sure you've seen it.
看过很多次 -好
Many times. - Yeah.
我坐在那
And I'm sitting there
抱着吉普坐在我大腿上
with Jip in my lap,
我想到自杀有多么糟糕
and I was thinking what a crummy thing suicide is,
给身边人带来痛苦
the pain for everyone left behind,
还有那死生有命的荒谬
and the dumb luck in it.
要么有天使降临救你一命
Having, having an angel come down and save you, or not.
要么你就只有死路一条
Which means you're dead.
到这里或许该加一些笑料
This might be the place to bring in some comedy.
笑料
Comedy?
等等 你都自杀了 你还觉得这很好笑
Wait, you, you killed yourself. You think that's funny?
我本该声明 我这书纯属虚构
I should have said, my book is fiction.
我知道那是什么意思
I know what that means,
你打算把我的名字改成
you're gonna change my name to
瓦利 或者威尔伯
Wally, or Wilber?
不 书里压根不会出现任何名字
Nah. I'm not gonna use names at all.
除了那只狗
Except for the dog.
书里也写了吉普 我很高兴
Well, Jip's in it. That makes me happy.
而且你这角色的设定是英国人
And your character is English.
没错 这可能会有点刺痛到你
Yeah, I thought that might sting a bit.
可以给我设定为意大利人
I could be Italian.
每个人都想当意大利人
Everyone wants to be Italian.
你是在消费我的人生
You're exploiting my life.
这是你唯一能做的事了
It's the least you could do.
不是你的人生 是你的死亡
Not your life, your death.
电影精选列表