for an O. B. E.
那是什么?
What's that?
英国司令官下面的职位
A step below a C.B.E.
当我退休时
我将会是英国骑士司令官
When I retire,
I'll probably be a K.B.E.
真让人困惑
他们不能只用一个名称吗?
It's confusing. Couldn't
they stick to the same letters?
你不想当迈尔斯夫人吗?
Wouldn't you like to be Lady Miles?
这是英国人最棒的一天
This was the British people's
finest day...
胜利荣归日
德国战争结束了
V-E day,
the end of the German war.
一个似曾相识的人
A man we seem to have
seen before somewhere...
从白厅的阳台往下看
looks down
from a balcony in Whitehall.
整个伦敦都很开心
因为和平
The whole of London seemed happy
because there was peace...
再也没有炸♥弹♥
and there were no more bombs.
但我不确定我喜欢和平
But I'm not sure
I like the peace.
我追随他的脚步
I walked his walks.
想他会在哪
Tried to think where he'd be.
然后我放弃了
Then I gave up.
我想,现在世界和平
I thought that now
the world is at peace...
也许我该有些和平
maybe I should have some.
我告诉他一切
I told him it all.
听过我誓言的人也一定听过
And Whoever heard my promise
must have heard it too...
也一定知道
and must have known it already...
既然上帝无所不知
since God knows everything.
知识似乎真的很残忍♥
How cruel that knowledge seemed.
我发誓前他就知道我会发誓
It knew what I would say
before I made that promise.
知道我会遵守
Knew it would keep me to it.
非常清楚
Knew me the way
his hands knew me.
亲爱的,莎拉
Sarah, darling.
亨利
是你
You.
知道我在楼梯间会见到他
Knew I would meet him
on the stairs.
-出去走走?
-是的
- Been out for a walk?
- Yes.
今晚天候真恶劣
It's a filthy night.
你湿透了
有天你会感冒而死
You're wet through. One day
you'll catch your death of cold.
晚安
Good night.
知道他会恨我
Knew he would hate me.
-星期三
-星期三,让我看看
- Wednesday.
- Wednesday. Let me check.
-星期四可以吗?
-那就星期四
- Would Thursday do?
- Thursday then.
一点,公园路旅馆
The Park Lane Hotel at 1:00.
我慢慢来,不想太早到
I took my time.
I didn't want to be early.
你为何想要见面?
Why did you want to meet?
我要告诉你
过去两年我死过
I wanted to tell you I'd been dead
for the last two years.
再也不能没有你
I can't be without you any longer.
他很寂寞
I think he's lonely.
当然,我没有
But, of course, I didn't.
他从没真正注意过我
好几年了
You know he's never really
noticed me, not for years.
也许你给他理由这么做
Maybe you've given him reason.
我能给他什么理由?
What reason could I give?
你给我什么理由?
What reason did you give me?
没有
None.
你写新书吗?
没错
- Are you on a new book?
- Of course.
不是写我们吧?
你威胁要写的那本
It's not about us, is it?
The one you threatened to write.
花一年的时间写
A book takes a year to write.
要报复太难了
It's too hard work for revenge.
如果你知道报复
有多么不值得
If you knew how little
you had to revenge--
不,我开玩笑的
我们在一起很愉快
No, I'm joking.
We had a good time together.
我是说,我们已经是成年人
I mean, we're adults and...
终有结束的时候
we knew it had to end sometime.
而且现在我们还能一起午餐
谈谈亨利
And now we can lunch
and talk about Henry.
以前的话,他会跟来
In the old days,
he would have followed.
我们会和好,或是做♥爱♥
We would have made up
or made love.
我对上帝说
就像我跟我父亲说
I said to God, as I might
have said to my father...
“亲爱的上帝,我疲倦了”
"Dear God, I'm tired.
“厌倦没有他的时候”
I'm tired of being without him.
“都是因为你”
And it's all because of You."
吉柏特医生约诊
我几乎忘记了
Dr. Gilbert's appointment.
I'd almost forgotten.
他问我感觉如何
He asked me how I felt.
我说我什么感觉都没有
I said I felt nothing.
我的心早就跟石头一样
There was a stone
where my heart should be.
神父,我需要帮助
I need help, Father.
莎拉,上帝赐给我们自♥由♥意志
You know, Sarah,
God granted us free will.
很好,都好了
我要离开我丈夫
Good. So it's settled.
I'm leaving my husband.
-你不能
-为何不能?
我是个妓♥女♥、骗子
- You can't.
- Why can't I? I'm a whore and a liar.
我要求亨利离婚
I'm asking Henry for a divorce.
因为你很好
所以你不能这么做
You can't because you're good.
比我认识的任何人都好
Better than any person I know.
神父,你错了
你不了解我
You're wrong, Father,
and you don't know me.
我发现一个小孩睡在楼梯上
I found a small boy
sleeping on the steps...
脸上有胎记
with a birthmark
covering his face...
怀疑到底是什么神明
让那小孩变成那样
and wondered what kind of God
would give a child that.
你迷路了吗?
Are you lost?
没关系,没关系
It's all right.
It's all right.
你住哪儿?
Where do you live then?
-你不会有事吧?
-不会,女士
- You'll be all right now?
- Yes, ma'am.
我亲吻他脸颊
希望能消除胎记
I kissed his cheek
and wished I could wash it away.
突然我又感觉很快乐
And suddenly I felt happy again.
我能解放自己,让自己自♥由♥
I could free myself of this.
我要...
I am...
...离开你
leaving you.
过去五年来
For the last five years...
我还是...
I have been...
深爱着...
in love...
莫利斯
with Maurice.
我爱你
I love you.
你知道吗?
Do you know that?
亨利,为什么现在说?
Why now, Henry?
为何你现在才说?
Why do you say that now?
我跟班德瑞克斯喝过酒
I had a drink with Bendrix.
真是可怕
A horrible drink.
我不能没有你
电影精选列表