She was a very fine lady, sir.
在鸡尾酒会
她给我一杯雪利酒
At a cocktail party,
she handed me a glass of sherry.
南非雪利酒?
Was it South African sherry?
我不知道
I wouldn't know, sir.
像她的人不多了
There weren't many like her.
我儿子常常提起她
My boy, now,
he's always speaking of her.
帕金斯,你儿子好吗?
How is your boy, Parkis?
他本来该很好
虽然今天有点生气
He's exceptionally well, sir.
Though he's a bit upset today.
想着她以天主教仪式下葬
He imagined she'd be buried
in a Catholic way.
为什么他这么想?
And why would he think that?
年轻人都这么想
Young boys, sir,
they get these ideas.
虽然我得承认
甚至无法解释
Though I have to admit,
even I can't explain it.
解释什么?
Explain what?
在有约诊的那天
她带他去地铁
On the day of her assignation,
she walked him to a tube.
她以为他走失了
给他钱,亲他脸颊
She thought he was lost, gave him
a coin and kissed him on his cheek.
在他有胎记的脸上
On his afflicted cheek, sir.
接下来好几个礼拜
And over the weeks
that followed...
他的胎记慢慢不见了
his affliction gradually went away.
我试着保持他的理性
但他发誓是因为她的缘故
I tried to keep him rational,
but he swears it was because of her.
蓝斯,跟班德瑞克斯先生打招呼
Say hello to Mr. Bendrix, Lance.
先生,你好
Hello, sir.
一开始我说这是本
关于怨恨的日记
I wrote at the start
that this was a diary of hate.
我恨你就如同你真的存在一般
I hated You as though You existed.
现在我厌倦了恨
Now I am tired of hating...
但你还在
but You're still there.
你的狡猾无止尽
So Your cunning is infinite.
你用我的恨
赢走我的坦白
You used my hate to win
my acknowledgement.
亨利,谢谢你
Thank you, Henry.
我只有一个祷告
And I've only one prayer left.
亲爱的上帝,忘了我
Dear God, forget about me.
眷顾她还有亨利
Look after her and Henry.
“但永远...”
“别再来...”
“烦我”
电影精选列表