哦 别这样 你们俩都可以签上名
Oh, come on! You both could sign,
不
No!
我 我
I... I...
让我来
Let me do this!
他们给我那个漂亮的法学学位可不是白给的
They didn't give me that fancy law degree for nothing.
-不 那 -杰克
- No, that's... - Jack...
你会得到一个网站 她会有个伴儿 对大家都有好处
You'd get a website, she'd get a date, everyone wins!
听着 我很抱歉
Look, I'm... I'm sorry...
但是 你知道 我打算今年圣诞节独自写作
but, you know, I was planning on writing alone this Christmas.
看到了吗?不必费心了
See? There you guys go. We're good.
德文 给我一些好消息
All right, Devon, give me some good news.
我是有些消息 但你不会喜欢的
I have something, but you're not gonna like it.
你知不知道我们每次见面你都说一样的话?
Are you aware you say that every time we meet?
这是一个代笔的活儿
It's a ghostwriting gig,
我知道你已经厌倦了代笔了
and I know how you feel about ghostwriting.
是的 我不写那个了 我只想写点我自己的东西
Yeah, I'm over it. I just wanna write my own stuff.
我告诉你
I'll tell you what.
如果你答应完成这个任务
If you promise to get this one done,
我会考虑考虑你的手稿
I will try and get some real traction with your manuscript.
言情小说?德文 得了吧
A romance? Devon, come on!
什么?你能做到的
What? You can do it.
我不写这主题 我从来没有写过言情的
I don't do romance. I've never written romance.
这是帕克·哈洛威尔的小说吗?
Is this one of those Parker Hollowell novels?
它们卖♥♥得很好
They sell like hotcakes.
呕 他的小说都很糟糕
Ugh, they're terrible,
除了背景改一改 基本就是换汤不换药
and they're all exactly the same except in a new setting.
你干不干?
Do you want it or not?
你要保证把我的手稿
You promise to send my manuscript
寄给你认识的每个出版商
to every publisher you know?
我保证
I promise.
这就是大纲了?
Is this the outline I'm supposed to go off of?
星空下跳舞?一起逃离危险?
"Dance under the stars"? "Flee from danger together"?
传授技巧?
"Teach a skill"?
在充满激♥情♥的演讲中表达爱
"Profess love in a passionate speech"!
这个可真够创新呢 这才不是小说
That one's original! This isn't a plot.
这是一个糟糕的任务清单
This is a terrible to-do list.
他最近变得很懒
He's gotten pretty lazy lately.
你以为呢?
You think?
这里
Here.
读读这个
Read this.
让你的角色做好清单上的所有事
Have your characters do everything on that list and
遵循他所有其他书的情节
follow the same plot as all his other books,
不过这本书必须以路易斯安那州为背景
except this one just has to be set in Louisiana.
路易斯安那州吗?
Did you say Louisiana?
-你好? -嘿 妹妹
- Hello? - Hey, sis.
我多考虑了一下
I was thinking more about your offer
你邀请我和朱莉一起去路易斯安那过圣诞节那回事
to go Louisiana with Jolie for Christmas.
嘿
Hey!
朱莉 请坐
Jolie. Sit down.
你给我发短♥信♥说有急事
You texted me this was an emergency
我立马就来了
and I had to come over right away.
他在这里做什么?
What's he doing here?
我也很高兴见到你
It's nice to see you, too.
这是一个紧急事件
It is an emergency.
我最关心的两个人有麻烦了
The two people I care most about are in trouble,
他们需要我的帮助
and they need my help.
我最好的朋友 我美丽的天才
My best friend, my beautiful genius,
我悲伤 孤独 心碎的闺蜜
my sad, lonely, broken-hearted bestie...
谢谢
Thank you.
她需要在分手时得到指引
Needs guidance through her breakup
需要让她的圣诞节快乐而明亮
and a distraction to keep her Christmas jolly and bright.
而我的哥哥
And my big brother,
他的职业生涯正处于惨淡的螺旋式下降之中
whose professional life is in a dismal, downward spiral,
他迫切地需要重新开始他的事业并重塑自己
desperately needs to jump-start his career
不再做一个代笔作家
and rebrand himself as not a ghostwriter
而当一个名副其实的小说家
but a proper novelist.
你说完了吗?
Are you done?
摆在我面前的是
What I have before me
圣诞契约
is the Christmas contract.
同时解决这两个问题
Solves both problems.
你们所要做的就是在虚线上签名
And all you have to do is sign on the dotted line.
娜奥米 你的演讲很精彩
That was a beautiful speech, Naomi,
但我敢肯定你哥哥昨晚讲得很清楚
but I'm pretty sure your brother made it clear last night
他不感兴趣
that he's not interested.
事实上 我一直在思考这个问题
Actually, I've been thinking about it
我认为这对我们双方来说都是一笔好买♥♥卖♥♥
and I think it's a good deal, for both of us.
如果你愿意我就签
So, I'm down if you are.
我没有
I mean, I don't...
我不知道 这个
I don't know. It's...
我想到你会这么说了
I thought you might say that.
福斯特昨晚在朋友圈上发了这个
Foster posted this on social media last night.
我在哪儿签字?
Where do I sign?
给你
Here you go.
谢谢
Thank you.
太好了 我去复印一份
Great! I'll go make copies.
你喜欢帕克·霍洛威尔的小说吗?
You like Parker Hollowell novels?
当然
Sure.
你不觉得它们有点...
You don't think they're a little bit like...
-多愁善感?是的 -是的
- Sappy? Yeah. - Yep.
不过我妈妈真的很喜欢他
I mean, my mom really likes him.
嗯
Hmm.
你知道你得和我家人聊天的 对吧?
You do know you're going to have to talk to my family, right?
我知道
I know.
你不能只是坐在角落里 一直看书
You can't just sit in a corner and read a book the whole time.
我知道了
Yeah, I got it.
好的
OK.
好的 那我们现在做什么呢?
OK, so what are we doing right now?
你的家人现在在这里吗?
Is your family here right now?
哦 天哪 大事不好了
Oh, my God! This is gonna be a disaster.
-好的 -嗯
- OK. - Mm-hmm.
一份给你
One for you...
一份给你
And one for you.
我爱你们俩 祝你们圣诞快乐
I love you both. Have a very Merry Christmas.
哦
Oh!
-我爱你 -再见 妹妹
- I love you. - Bye, sis.
别忘了给我打电♥话♥
Don't forget to call me.
不要互相残杀
-Don't kill each other.
谢谢你来接我们 爸爸
Thanks for picking us up, Dad.
当然 很高兴见到你 乔乔
Of course. It's so good to see you, Jo-Jo.
很高兴你能来 杰克
It's good to have you here, Jack.
哦 很高兴来做客 先生
Oh, yeah. It's uh, it's great to be here, sir.
娜奥米来过这里 有六次了
We've had Naomi over here, uh, a half a dozen times.
我们喜欢她 非常聪明 是个好姑娘
We adore her. Smart as a whip. Good people.
两天后 各位 前往阿卡迪亚村
In two days, folks, make your way to the 30th
一年一度的第30届圣诞集市 -嘿
- annual Christmas Market at Acadian Village. - Hey!
带上你的家人和朋友
Bring your family and friends.
今年会是很棒的一年
It's gonna be a great one this year.
这是我跟你提到过的圣诞市场
So this is the Christmas Market I was telling you about
是我爸爸和福斯特的...
that my dad and Foster's, uh...
呃 洛奇先生已经办了30年了
Mr. Rocky have been running for 30 years.
你准备好去看看那个迷宫吗?
Yeah. You ready to check out the maze?
我肯定朱莉已经告诉你了
I'm sure Jolie's told you all about it.
他超激动的
He is so excited.
他就是不停地说这个
He just can't stop talking about it.
那还用说 我等不及了
You betcha! Yeah, I can't wait.
终于到家了
Home sweet home.
你好
- Hello!
我的大城市女孩
Is that my big city girl?
嗨 妈妈 我想你
Hi, Momma. I missed you!
噢 亲爱的 我太想你了
Oh, I missed you so much, honey.
电影精选列表