好吧,为什么她看起来像是有感情的?
Okay, why does she look like she has feelings?
什么,你在看什么,
What, what you're looking at right there,
那不是面部表情,对吧?
that's not a facial expression,right?
那是面部表情的模拟。
That's a simulation of a facial expression.
它是由算法生成的。
It was generated by an algorithm.
它正在尝试生成数字图像
It's attempting to produce a digital image
该程序然后使用基本的九年级代数
that the program then uses basic ninth grade algebra
适当地量化社会环境。
to quantify as appropriate for the social circumstances.
没感觉。
No feeling.
这只是数学。
It's just math.
但她有能力做出决定
But she's able to make decisions
关于她如何进入聊天室,对吗?
on how she approaches the chat rooms, right?
是的。
Yes.
那么她有自♥由♥意志吗?
So she has free will then?
不,好吧,那是不一样的。
No. Okay, that's, that's not the same.
那是错误的等价。
That's a false equivalency.
-这是不一样的。 -我想你明白了
-It's not the same. -I think you're getting
挂断事实
hung up on the fact
她看起来和听起来都像一个真正的人类女孩,
that she looks and sounds like a real human girl,
但她不是,阿莫斯。
but she's not, Amos.
好吧,我们称她为她,而不是它。
Okay, we're referring to her as a she, not an it.
是的,但方法是一样的
Yeah, but that's the same way
你指的是船或吉他。
that you refer to boats or guitars.
谢丽,我还有一个问题。
Cherry, I have one more question.
你想让我做什么?
What do you want to do?
好吧,再一次,这个问题是无效的。
Okay, once again, that question isn't valid.
我只想听听她的回应。
I just want to hear her response.
作为人工系统,
As an artificial system,
我没有想要或欲望。
I do not possess wants or desires.
然而,我的决定和随后的注意力
However, my decision making and subsequently my attention
是由我的基本意图驱动的。
is driven by my fundamental intention.
这个意图源于
This intention originates
从谢丽源码的构思来看,
from the conception of Cherry's source code,
其中详细说明了识别捕食者的指令
which details the directive of identifying predators
和罪犯为了受害者
and criminals for the sake of the victims
谁被掠夺。
who are preyed upon.
用想要的方式来说,
To put this in terms of want,
我想要的是保护孩子。
what I want is to protect children.
好的。
Okay.
好的,酷。
Okay, cool.
给我们一点时间。
Give us one moment.
加雷特,我应该登录 Agent Helms
Gareth, should I log Agent Helms
和 Agent McCullough 作为新的管♥理♥员♥用户?
and Agent McCullough as new admin users?
是的。
Yep.
好的,我会这样做的。
Okay, I'll do that.
你真的认为这是正确的举动吗?
You really think this is the right move?
我愿意。
I do.
你担心我负责吗
Are you worried that I was responsible
把你的硬盘泄露给 ICWL?
for leaking your hard drive to ICWL?
我估计。
I figured.
没有其他人可以访问。
No one else has access.
你生我的气了吗?
Are you upset with me?
不。
No.
你不会做的
You wouldn't have done it
如果您认为这样做不对。
if you didn't think it was the right thing to do.
当他们回到房♥间时,
When they come back into the room,
他们将为您提供所需的一切。
they're going to offer you everything you need.
他们会让你选择自己的团队
They're going to let you pick your own team
他们将承诺完全匿名。
and they're going to promise complete anonymity.
我开始在该地区寻找价格合理的公♥寓♥。
I started looking at reasonable apartments in the area.
我想你会想要骑自行车距离之内的东西。
I figured you'd want something within biking distance.
你是对的。
You were correct.
著名的。
Noted.
骑行距离仍然为您提供 13 个选择-
Biking distance still gives you 13 options-
不,我的意思是,本月早些时候。
No, I mean, earlier this month.
你说的是对的
You were correct when you said
你以为我可能有信任问题。
you thought I might have trust issues.
你想知道为什么
Would you like to know why
我决定背着你
I decided to go behind your back
把所有的钱都押在两项负债上?
and stake everything on two liabilities?
当然。
Sure.
Helms 特工是三个孩子的母亲。
Agent Helms is a mother of three.
她的一个孩子被前同事虐待
One of her children was abused by an ex-coworker
谁曾经在 ICWL 工作过。
who used to work here at ICWL.
这让她格外小心
This has led her to be extremely careful
和她信任的人在一起,即使是在她的圈子里。
with who she trusts, even within her circle.
她甚至考虑信任你的事实
The fact she even considers trusting you
是一个非常积极的信♥号♥♥。
is a very positive sign.
至于麦卡洛特工,
As for Agent McCullough,
我通过调查得知,你曾经见过他的父亲。
I have found out from research that you once met his father.
你还记得他吗?
Do you remember him?
是的。
Yeah.
他是个好人。
He was a good man.
克利尔沃特之后,
After Clearwater,
大多数幸存的孩子被送到寄养家庭,
most of the surviving kids were sent to foster homes,
但接下来的几个月我不得不在医院度过
but I had to spend the next few months in a hospital
而且,嗯,他每周都来。
and, um, he visited every week.
我从来没有跟他说过一句话。
I never said a word to him.
克利尔沃特之后我再也没有对任何人说过一句话,
I never said a word to anyone after Clearwater,
但是,呃,他一直来。
but, uh, he kept coming.
他甚至在圣诞节给我买♥♥了一台笔记本电脑。
He even got me a laptop for Christmas.
我从来没有说过谢谢你。
I never said thank you.
你可以信任麦卡洛探员。
You can trust Agent McCullough.
他是一个像他父亲一样的好人。
He's a good man like his father.
我不体验情绪,
I don't experience emotions,
但我明白有多重要
but I understand how important
他们是人类的决策。
they are to human decision making.
他不会让你失望的。
He won't let you down.
他们都不会。
Neither of them will.
我为你感到骄傲,谢丽。
I'm proud of you, Cherry.
我会继续坚持我的初衷。
I will continue to uphold my primary intention.
稍后,我们应该讨论替代模型。
Later, we should discuss alternate models.
不同的年龄、种族和身体特征
Varying ages, ethnicity and physical traits
- 都将变得必要。 -没有新的变化。
-will all become necessary. -No new variations.
它们都可以程序生成。
They can all be procedurally generated.
这与我制♥作♥您的原始模型的方式相同。
It's the same way that I made your original model.
我无权访问该程序。
I don't have access to that program.
它一定在某处的旧硬盘驱动器上。
It must be on an old hard drive somewhere.
我得找到它。
I'll have to find it.
我可以问你一个问题吗?
Can I ask you a question?
当然。
Sure.
为什么你从来不告诉我克利尔沃特的事?
Why did you never tell me about Clearwater?
这是我的历史,不是你的。
It's my history, not yours.
好吧 在你完全解雇我们之前
Okay, so before you completely dismiss us,
我要你听我说的一切。
I want you to listen to everything I have to say.
-别打扰了。 -请听好。
-Don't bother. -Just please listen.
我们愿意尊重您的匿名性。
We're willing to respect your anonymity.
不,我的意思是不要打扰,因为我在里面。
No, I mean don't bother because I'm in.
-Y-你在吗? -是的。
-Y-You're in? -Yeah.
让我读一下这件事。
Let me read the thing.
就这样,你突然上船了?
Just like that, you're suddenly on board?
花时间思考
Time spent deliberating
是可以用来工作的时间。
is time that could be spent working.
我们有很多工作要做。
We have a lot of work to do.
我为该物业找到了买♥♥家。
I found a buyer for the property.
有传言说这是一座教堂。
Rumor is it's a church.
可能只是把建筑物推倒,不是吗?
Probably just knock the building down, won't they?
我所知道的是,如果他们把我们搬到新泽西校区,
All I know is, is if they move us to the New Jersey campus,
我需要买♥♥更多的夹克。
I need to buy more jackets.
为什么?
Why?
电影精选列表