但该项目仅在几个月后就被暂停了。
But the project was suspended after only a few months.
是的,我记得。
Yeah, I remember.
我记得听说过那个项目。
I remember hearing about that program.
那是什么启发了你?
Is that what inspired you?
随着我越来越擅长制♥作♥逼真的面孔,
As I got better at crafting photorealistic faces,
我决定自己做一个。
I decided to work on one myself.
为什么?
Why?
放弃这个想法太有效了。
It was too effective of an idea to let die.
数十万儿童处于危险之中。
Hundreds of thousands of children are at risk.
我不得不让她。
I had to make her.
她以谁为原型?
Who is she modeled after?
没有人,我从头开始建造她。
No one, I built her from scratch.
划痕?
Scratch?
我从头骨开始,设计她的骨骼结构,
I started with a skull, designed her bone structure,
通过肌肉和组织向上工作,
worked upwards through muscles and tissue,
使用 D-Term 程序按程序填写其余部分。
used the D-Term program to fill in the rest procedurally.
最终她变成了那个样子。
Eventually she came to look like that.
一个完全独特的、完全数字化的模型。
A completely unique, completely digital model.
我♥操♥纵了她的脸和身体
I rigged her face and body
就像您对任何 CG 角色的处理方式一样。
the way you would for any CG character.
然后三年,
Then for three years,
我使用运动跟?来实时操纵她。
I used motion tracking to puppeteer her in real time.
你要明白那些网站上的视频聊天
You gotta understand that the video chats on those sites
分辨率这么低
have such low resolution
即使在她最早的阶段,她,
that even in her earliest stage of this, she,
我们看起来完全真实。
we appeared completely authentic.
那声音呢?
And what about voice?
在她第一年的大部分时间里,她不得不保持沉默。
For most of her first year, she had to be mute.
但最终我找到了一个没有延迟的体面的语♥音♥过滤器。
But eventually I found a decent voice filter with no lag.
经过一些微调和调整,
And after a few tweaks and adjustments,
从那以后一直是同一个声音。
it's been the same voice ever since.
我,我,我一开始以为,
I, I, I thought initially,
我的表演太不自然了。
my performance was going to be too unnatural.
但是仅仅一周的偶尔视频聊天会话,
But with just one week of occasional video chat sessions,
我获得了六个不同的名字,
I secured six different names,
邮寄地址,招标证明。
mailing addresses, proofs of solicitations.
谢丽工作。
Cherry worked.
那么你电脑上的照片呢?
So the photos on your computer?
-完全是假的。 -这是唯一的方法
-Completely fake. -It was the only way
其中一些人泄露了个人信息。
some of them disclosed personal information.
但它全是零和一,全是数字,对吧?
But it was all zeros and ones, all digital, right?
-没有真正的孩子。 -没有真正的孩子。
-There's no real child. -No real child.
只是一个非常详细的计算机模型。
Just a highly detailed computer model.
让我说清楚一件事,
And let me be clear about something,
我从做这些事中得不到任何乐趣。
I derive no pleasure from doing any of this.
我一生都是无性恋者。
I've been asexual my entire life.
我,我连满足感都没有
I, I don't even get a sense of satisfaction
从看到这些人被关起来。
from seeing these people locked up.
我只是认为孩子们应该过上没有剥削的生活。
I just think kids deserve a life free of exploitation.
难以置信,一直以来。
Incredible, all this time.
我不会说谎,加雷斯。
I'm not gonna lie, Gareth.
谢丽给我们带来了很多好处。
Cherry's done us a lot of good.
你知道吗,我还记得你对我说的话
You know, I still remember what you said to me
我们第一次通信。
the first time we corresponded.
-你说- -我们通信?
-You said- -We corresponded?
是的,伙计。
Yeah, man.
我是Gord51。
I'm Gord51.
我就是你把所有情报发给这里的人。
I'm the one here you've been sending all your intel to.
你是戈德?
You're Gord?
是的。
Yeah.
你骗了我。
You lied to me.
你说过我可以保持匿名。
You said I could stay anonymous.
你说过我会很安全。
You said I would be safe.
现在你毁了一切。
Now you've ruined everything.
我,我没有,我没有选择。
I, I didn't, I didn't have a choice.
你不必担心任何事情,加雷特。
You don't have to worry about anything, Gareth.
如果 谢丽 不是真的,
If Cherry isn't real,
那么你对我们没有任何麻烦。
then you're not in any trouble with us.
事实上,我们过去曾讨论过类似的想法,
In fact, we've discussed ideas similar to this in the past,
运动跟?等。
motion tracking and such.
但我们需要像 谢丽 这样令人信服的模型。
But we'd need a convincing model like Cherry.
谢丽 不仅仅是一个模特。
Cherry's more than a model.
你想帮助孩子吗? 我们也是。
You want to help children? So do we.
她是非卖♥♥品。
She's not for sale.
好吧,那就让我们以她为基础的新模型吧。
Well, then just make us a new model based off of her.
我不能。
I can't.
你当然可以。
Sure you can.
我不会。
I won't.
你没有告诉我们什么?
What are you not telling us?
现在已经摆在桌面上了。
It's out on the table now.
还不如把你还没有的东西洒出来。
Might as well spill whatever it is you haven't already.
你知道什么没有意义吗?
You know what doesn't make sense?
你说你只给她当了三年傀儡,
You said that you puppeteered her for only three years,
但从那以后我们就一直在从你那里得到信息。
but we've been getting info from you ever since.
事实上,我很确定它就在那时
In fact, I'm pretty sure it was around then
我们开始看到名字的显著增加。
that we started seeing an impressive increase of names.
事实上太多了,以至于我们开始思考
So many in fact that we started thinking
这不可能全部来自一个来源。
there's no way this is all coming from one source.
我有朋友为我做动作捕捉。
I have friends that do mo-cap for me.
哦,朋友们,比如史蒂夫?
Oh, friends, like Steve?
我认为匿名是你最大的财富。
I thought anonymity was your greatest asset.
别废话了,加雷斯。
Cut the bullshit, Gareth.
三年后 谢丽 发生了什么?
What happened to Cherry after three years?
好吧,你说她不仅仅是一个模特。
Okay, you said that she was more than a model.
那么她是什么类型的对话代理人呢?
So what is she some type of conversational agent?
像一个聊天机器人?
Like a, like a chat bot?
聊天机器人。
Chat bot.
你知道三年后发生了什么吗?
You know what happened after three years?
我选择的母亲去世了。
My chosen mother died.
她留下的东西足以让我辞掉工作
What she left behind was enough to quit my job
并追求更多的资源和软件。
and pursue more resources and software.
我已经做了一个程序
I'd already made a program
可以程序化地生成面孔,
that could procedurally generate faces,
但我对 谢丽 的要求要复杂得多。
but what I wanted for Cherry was far more complex.
所以我联♥系♥了一些研究人员
So I got in touch with some researchers
来自已经建成的马德里
from Madrid who'd already built
他们自己的捕食者狩猎对话系统。
a predator hunting dialogue system of their own.
它受过训练,可以将对话视为一种游戏。
It was trained to approach conversations as a game.
每一句话都像一次战略性的齐射,
Each sentence like a strategic volley,
这是创新的,但最终是有缺陷的。
which is innovative but ultimately flawed.
如果你想让你的机器掌握 NLP,
If you want your machine to master NLP,
你必须打破博弈论
you have to break down game theory
因为语言不是井字游戏。
because language isn't tic-tac-toe.
是诗歌♥。
It's poetry.
所以是的,我开始了
So yes, I got things started
使用预先存在的修改过的聊天机器人
with a preexisting modified chat bot
我未经许可藉用的
that I borrowed without permission
来自德乌斯托大学。
from the University of Deusto.
但这不是 谢丽 现在的样子。
But that's not what Cherry is now.
她是什么人,加雷思?
What is she, Gareth?
她是最复杂的人之一
She's one of the most complex
以及独♥立♥进化的人工智能。
and independently evolving AIs that's ever been created.
人工智能?
Artificial intelligence?
她已经超越了狭隘的智慧
She's already surpassed the narrow intelligence
IBM 最智能的程序。
of IBM's smartest programs.
她可以进行完整的对话,一次最多可以进行 10 次对话,
She can have full conversations, up to 10 of them at a time,
同时制定战略
all while simultaneously strategizing
访问各种聊天室的最有效时间表。
the most efficient schedule to visit various chat rooms.
她一直在研究小孩子的 YouTube 视频
She's perpetually studying YouTube videos of small children
为了采用不断增长的图书馆
in order to adopt a growing library
电影精选列表