嘿 Siri,给 谢丽 发信息。
Hey Siri, send a message to Cheryl.
前台接待。
Front reception.
你想说什么?
What do you want to say?
阿莫斯已经去那里接他了,就是这样。
Amos is already heading there to pick him up, period.
请将我接到 布雷迪 的所有电♥话♥转接给 布雷迪。
Please forward any calls I get to Brady, period.
您给 谢丽 前台的留言
Your message to Cheryl front reception
说阿莫斯已经去那里接他了。
says Amos is already heading there to pick him up.
请将我接到的任何电♥话♥转接到 布雷迪。
Please forward any calls I get to Brady.
准备好发送了吗?
Ready to send it?
是的。
Yes.
好的,已发送。
Okay, it's sent.
嘿,Siri,
Hey, Siri,
你怎么知道你是否在做正确的事?
how do you know if you're doing the right thing?
我不确定我是否理解。
I'm not sure I understand.
但是你相信什么
But what do you believe
是对还是错的区别?
is the difference between right and wrong?
唔。
Hmm.
我对此没有答案。
I don't have an answer for that.
你想让我搜索网页吗?
Would you like me to search the web?
不。
No.
好的,还有什么我可以帮忙的吗?
Okay, is there something else I can help with?
设置提醒去接 凯尔
Set a reminder to pick up Kyle
明天 4:45 从治疗开始。
from therapy tomorrow at 4:45.
好的,我会提醒你的。
Okay, I'll remind you.
你好,特工迪娜赫尔姆斯。
Hi, special agent Deena Helms.
你已经见过麦卡洛特工了。
You've already met Agent McCullough.
你可以叫我阿莫斯。
You can call me Amos.
-呃,特工? -请为我们坐下,加雷特。
-Uh, agents? -Have a seat for us, Gareth.
你介意回答几个问题吗?
Do you mind answering a couple questions?
太好了,这应该不会花很长时间。
Great, this shouldn't take long.
你来自坦帕,对吧?
You're from Tampa, right?
不要想太多。 这是一个是或否。
Don't overthink it. It's a yes or no.
是的。
Yeah.
你多大了,加雷思?
How old are you, Gareth?
29.
29.
你做什么工作?
What do you do for work?
对不起,我被拘留了吗?
I'm sorry, am I being detained?
一点都不。
No, not at all.
我们只是在问问题,背景资料。
We're just asking questions, background stuff.
你从事电影工作,对吧?
You work on movies, right?
特殊效果。
Special effects.
有人告诉我你工作
Someone told me you worked
关于那部新的“星球大战”电影,对吗?
on that new "Star Wars" movie, is that right?
谁告诉你的?
Who told you that?
你为什么不告诉我们更多关于它的信息?
Why don't you tell us more about it?
告诉我们你的工作。
Tell us about your work.
我曾经为一家动画公♥司♥做 VFX。
48岁
I used to do VFX for an animation company.
我参与过至少 20 部不同的电影。
I've worked on at least 20 different films.
习惯了?
Used to?
我更专注了
I've been focusing more
最近几年在软件工程方面-
on software engineering recently for years-
与光剑相比听起来很无聊。
Sounds boring compared to light sabers.
为什么退出?
Why quit?
我没有得到很好的报酬。
I wasn't getting paid well.
但钱对你来说不是问题。
But money's not an issue for you.
打扰一下?
Excuse me?
你做了什么样的效果?
What kind of effects did you do?
钱对我来说不是问题?
Money's not an issue for me?
-让我们谈谈- -如果钱对我来说不是问题
-Let's talk about- -If money wasn't an issue for me
我不会申请你的补助金。
I wouldn't have applied for your grant.
我不是要建议什么。
I didn't mean to suggest anything.
告诉我们你做了什么样的效果。
Tell us what kind of effects you did.
我的主要关注点是 3D 渲染。
My main focus was on 3D renderings.
什么?
Of what?
-演员。 -做什么的?
-Actors. -What for?
好吧,对于“星球大战”,
Well, for "Star Wars,"
这是因为我负责数字化的演员
it was because the actor I was tasked to digitize
无法亲自♥拍♥摄。
was unavailable to be filmed in person.
为什么?
Why?
因为他们已经死了。
Because they were dead.
他们让你做什么?
What'd they have you do?
我将 Alec Guinness 的脸重建为 3D 模型。
I reconstructed Alec Guinness' face as a 3D model.
我分♥析♥了参考镜头,
I analyzed reference footage,
然后使用一个称为 D-Term 的过程来程序生成
then used a process called D-Term to procedurally generate
他的骨骼和肌肉结构,
his bone and muscle structures,
哪一个被♥操♥纵有助于动画的感觉
which one rigged helped the animation feel
更加自然和人性化。
more natural and human-like.
D-Term,我从没听说过之前那个过程。
D-Term, I've never heard of that process before.
因为是我发明的。
Because I invented it.
所以你基本上是带着
So you're basically bringing
死去的演员起死回生?
dead actors back to life?
我只是想让 CG 角色看起来像
I just tried to make the CG characters look as
如同当时的技术所允许的那样逼真。
photorealistic as the technology at the time would allow.
你不觉得毛骨悚然吗?
You didn't find it creepy?
对不起,什么?
I'm sorry, what?
我说你不觉得那令人毛骨悚然吗?
I said you don't find that creepy?
好吧,我们尽力穿越了恐怖谷。
Well, we did our best to cross the uncanny valley.
但是当人脑感知到
But when the human brain perceives
有些东西有点不对劲,没关系-
90后
that something is just slightly off and it doesn't matter-
不,我是说,数字化死人。
No, I mean, digitizing dead people.
基♥督♥,我的意思是,它是,
Christ, I mean, it's,
这几乎就像转动某人的尸体
it's almost like turning someone's corpse
变成牵线木偶,你知道吗?
into a marionette, you know?
让他们为所欲为。
Making them do whatever you want.
如果那个可怜的死人怎么办
What if the poor dead guy
不想在另一部他妈的电影里?
didn't want to be in another fucking movie?
太可怕了。
It's so macabre.
我疯了吗? 这不是很可怕吗?
Am I crazy? Is it not macabre?
我认为工作室不在乎
I don't think the studio cares
无论它是否令人毛骨悚然。
whether it's macabre or not.
看,我永远无法分辨出区别。
Look, I can never tell the difference.
我总是可以的。 面孔看起来像培乐多。
I always can. The faces look like Play-Doh.
嗯,我们尽力了。
Well, we did our best.
很快我们就不需要演员了,对吧?
Soon we won't even need actors,right?
每个人都将只是数字化的。
Everyone will just be digital.
不,您仍然需要它们来进行运动跟?。
No, you still need them for motion tracking.
人类的表演不能完全由计算机生成。
Human performances can't be completely computer generated.
多久会是真的?
How long will that be true?
有人可能会说我们已经跨过了那个门槛。
Some might say we've already crossed that threshold.
我不知道。
I wouldn't know.
你去哪儿上学?
Where'd you go to school?
-布鲁克斯-德巴托罗 高中。 -之后?
-Brooks-DeBartolo High. -And after?
没有什么?
Nothing?
哥伦比亚呢?
What about Columbia?
你没去哥伦比亚吗?
Didn't you go to Columbia?
等等,不。 你从哥伦比亚退学了
Wait, no. You dropped out of Columbia
几个学期后?
after how many semesters?
三?
Three?
比亚内 斯特劳斯特鲁普 说
Bjarne Stroustrup said
你是他见过的最聪明的孩子。
you were the smartest kid he ever met.
我不知道他是谁,但阿莫斯说这很重要。
I don't know who he is, but Amos says it's a big deal.
然后你搬到了荷兰,
Then you moved to the Netherlands,
实习过一段时间,
spent some time as an intern,
申请并进入剑桥。
applied and got into Cambridge.
很不错。
Very nice.
除了两年后你退学了。
Except that you dropped out after two years.
飞回美国,
Flew back to the States,
在帕洛阿尔托实习,然后在蒙特利尔实习。
interned in Palo Alto, then Montreal.
然后千里迢迢回到英国,
Then went all the way back to England,
电影精选列表