It was hard for me to be without my parents
我很难完全相信我根本不认识的人
and it was hard to put all this trust into people I didn't even know
他们甚至说这一切都是玛雅幻想的
They even said that it's all in Maya's head
这孩子病了
"The kid's sick."
她尝试告诉人们她怎么了
"She's trying to tell people what's wrong with her
没有人听
and nobody's listening."
这不对 我了解我的女儿
That's incorrect. I know my daughter
(医生:对了 我刚去见了玛雅)
(我看见她在轮椅上)
(自己用脚推进了几尺远)
(莎莉·史密斯:很幸运她才十岁)
(无法全天候不间断地演戏)
(甚至不知道 她是否犯了“生理上”的错误)
(我要去为周二的法庭 拍一些她“有病”的腿的照片)
你认为她在 约翰·霍普金斯儿童医院住院后
Do you think that she improved
情况是否有改善?
from the time that she was admitted to JHACH?
有
Yes
她还长胖了
She gained weight
她被中断了多种药物
She was weaned off numerous medications
她的腹部不再疼痛
She was no longer having abdominal pain
从你进入儿童医院那时起
From the time you came into All Children's
你的疼痛有改善过吗?
did your pain ever improve?
-表示异议 -没有
Object to form. -No
并非如此
No, not really
我始终处于疼痛中
Like, I was in constant pain
得了复杂性区域疼痛综合征 如果不去进行治疗
And with CRPS, when it's left untreated
比如 没有药物没有合理的理疗
like, without medication and without the proper physical therapy…
身边也没有支持的人 这绝对影响很大
Uh, also without a support system, that definitely plays into it
但是改善几乎是不可能的
But… it's, like, almost impossible to improve
所以 即使医生进进出出我的房♥间
So, even though doctors came in and out of my room
我从来没有被倾听过 我基本被忽视了
um, I was never listened to
I was basically ignored
五分钟或两分钟 就这样
Five minutes or two minutes, that's all it is
这不是我第一次看到这种场景了
This was not the first time I've seen this type of scenario
住院几天后 他们拒绝给她氯♥胺♥酮♥
After a few days at the hospital, they refused to give her ketamine
没有高剂量的氯♥胺♥酮♥治疗
And without the high-dose ketamine treatment
事实上她的腿真的完全不能动了
she had virtually no mobility in her legs at all
这就会形成血凝块 可能会破裂 进入到肺里
That's where you get blood clots forming, which can break off, go to the lungs
可能会致命
and it could be fatal
我感觉贝亚特
And I felt it was important
明白这件事的严重性
that Beata understood the seriousness of this
我警告过她 在所有医疗的可能性中
So I warned her, in all medical probability
玛雅会慢慢痛苦地死去
that Maya would die a slow, painful death
(我预测将会导致 长♥期♥难以忍♥受的疼痛)
(从而导致你女儿的死亡)
-嗨 贝亚特? -对 我是贝亚特
好 我要让玛雅通电♥话♥
好 我想复习一下规则 这样我才不会说错话
基本上 不讨论这个案件
只去聊 例如 她的活动 她现在怎么样 你知道的
好
开始讲吧
嗨 玛雅 你好吗 宝贝?
嗨 妈妈
嗨 我的宝贝今天怎么样?
我很想你 妈妈
我也是 宝贝 我也是
我好想你 我们只需要有点耐心 好吗?
好
你昨晚睡得怎么样?
我凌晨两点才睡觉
哇 你睡不着?
睡不着
你自己一个人在房♥间里吗 还是凯瑟琳跟你在一起?
凯瑟琳小姐坐在我身边
约翰·霍普金斯儿童医院的一个社工
One social worker at Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital
被分配给了我女儿
was assigned to my daughter
-请你陈述姓名 方便记录 -凯瑟琳·贝蒂
Please state your name for the record. -Catherine R. Bedy
就感觉她有点不对劲
Something didn't seem right with her
于是我们谷歌♥搜索了她的名字
so we googled her name
出现的第一条内容就是 她因为虐待儿童被捕
The first thing that came up was she was arrested for child abuse
贝亚特被错误地起诉虐待儿童
Beata is falsely being accused of child abuse
而她在电♥话♥的另一端知道这件事
and she was on that other side of the phone knowing this
没办法为孩子做任何事
and not being able to do anything for her child
你刚醒吗?
You just woke up?
对
Yeah
今天谁跟你在一起?
Who's with you today? -Cathi
-凯瑟琳 -好
Yes
你知道嘛 她有点打扰我们
You know, she's really interrupting
因为我听到在背景有说话声
because I hear her talking in the background
-妈妈? -是的
Mom? -Yes
你需要换话题
You need to redirect
我会换话题 我只是告诉你 这是我跟我女儿的时间
I will redirect. I'm just telling you this is my time with my daughter
妈妈 你快换话题吧
Mom, please redirect
我之后才发现 起诉被撤销了
I later found out the charges were dropped
但是引起了贝亚特的注意
But it set off alarms with Beata
凯瑟琳·贝蒂告诉我 我要进入寄养家庭
Cathi Bedy told me that I was gonna go into a foster home
她告诉我 我妈妈在精神病院
She told me that my mom was in a mental institution
她告诉我 她最后要收要我
She told me that she was gonna end up adopting me
你有让玛雅坐在你的大腿上吗?
Did you ever sit Maya on your lap?
有
Yes
你是在抱玛雅吗?
Were you hugging Maya?
我觉得我们对很多孩子 都提供这样的舒适
Um, I think that we provide comfort to a lot of kids so, uh…
可能她坐在我腿上的时候 我应该抱了她的
probably whilst she was sitting on my lap, I'm sure I did hug her
你觉得玛雅喜欢你吗?
Do you think Maya liked you?
表示异议
Object to form
对 然后…
Um, yeah, and…
我也觉得有时候玛雅非常生气
I also think that there were times that Maya was very mad
因为我算是医院出头的脸面
because I happened to be the face of the hospital
跟其他医生一起
along with the doctors
你记得他们告诉过你 为什么要给你拍照吗?
Do you remember being told why they wanted to take photos of you?
对 凯瑟琳·贝蒂来到我床边
Yeah. Cathi Bedy came over to my bed
她说
and she was like
“如果你想要去法♥院♥的听证会 我就必须这样做”
"If you wanna go to the court hearing, I have to do this."
风险管理部门决定
Risk management made the decision
拍这些玛雅的照片?
to have these pictures taken of Maya?
-对 -她脱了我的衣服
Yep. -She removed my clothes…
她穿着运动内衣和短裤
She was in her sports bra and a pair of shorts
让我不要动 给我拍照
…held me down, took photos of me
我们给她的手臂、腿 脸和肚子拍了照片
We took pictures of her arms, her legs, her face, and her stomach
我在尖叫 哭着大喊“不要”
I was screaming, crying, yelling "No."
她不想让你们给她那样拍照 是吧?
She did not want you to take pictures of her like that, did she?
不想
She did not
我已经说得不能更清楚了
Could not have made it any more clear
但你们还是继续给她拍照了
But you went ahead and took pictures of her anyway
很不幸 确实如此
Unfortunately, we did
你们进行了怎样的措施询问父母
What steps were taken to call the parents
是否可以给他们的孩子这样拍照?
and ask whether you could take pictures of their child like this?
我们没有给父母打电♥话♥
We didn't call the parents
我错过了万圣节、感恩节 我的生日
I missed Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday
我能想的只有 我什么时候能回家见妈妈
and all I could think about was when could I go home and see my mom
(进入州监护47天 2016年11月29日)
嗨 玛雅 你怎么样了 小可爱?
Hi, Maya. How are you, sweetie pie?
我真的感觉很不舒服
I'm really not feeling well
你感觉不舒服?
You're not feeling good?
一切对我来说都很难
Everything is hard for me
我经常哭
I cry a lot
所以曲马多对你来说没有任何作用?
So the tramadol doesn't do anything for you?
没有 一点都没有
No, not at all
-你还吃了什么治疗疼痛? -没有别的了
What else are you getting for pain? -Nothing else
我很抱歉 宝贝
Well, I'm very sorry, honey
真希望我能在那里 抚摸你的后背 拥抱你
I wish I was there to rub your back and hug you
对 我也是
Yeah, me too
你收到我给你信了吗?
Oh, did you get that letter I wrote to you?
-凯瑟琳小姐给你了吗? -没有
From, um… -No. -…Miss Cathi?
-什么? -凯瑟琳姐没有给你信
What? -Miss Cathi has no letter from you
好 我寄给夏洛特的
Okay, I sent it to Charlotte
你要跟夏洛特聊聊这件事
You'll have to talk with Charlotte
好
Okay
你有机会跟律师聊过吗?
Have you been able to talk to your attorney?
对 他今天要来
Yeah. He's gonna come today
好 我只想确保你能跟他聊
Oh good. I just wanna make sure that you are able to talk to him
我没办法在电♥话♥里聊 因为我不能给外界打电♥话♥
Well, on the phone I'm not, because I can't call outside
什么叫你不能给外界打电♥话♥?
What do you mean, you can't call outside?
你不是蹲监狱 你不是在纳粹集中营
You are not in a prison, and you're not in a Nazi camp
-妈妈 -是
Mom… Um, Mom. -Yes
电影精选列表