我认为法♥院♥在挑选
I don't see any limitation
陪审团的管辖权上 没有任何限制
in the Court's jurisdiction to pick a jury
我一定会做任何必要的事
and I will do absolutely anything that's necessary
在必要时间内让这个案子得到审理
to get the case tried within the requisite period
阿尔滕伯德先生 还有什么回应吗?
Mr. Altenbernd, any further response?
我只是不明白这怎么可行
I just don't see how it's feasible
各位 现在
I… I'm at the point, folks
我觉得现在有太多不确定性了
that I feel like there's just too much uncertainty at this point
所以现在我要把这个案子 从审判日程表上删除
so at this point, I'm going to remove the case from the trial docket
我将在初审法庭下令中止诉讼
Uh, I will enter an order staying proceedings in the trial court
直到2022年5月4日
uh, until the earlier of May 4th, 2022
或直到法♥院♥的进一步命令
or further order of the Court
我们今天还有什么需要讨论的吗?
Is there anything else, uh, we need to discuss today?
是的 法官大人
Yes, Your Honor
如果可以
The Kowalskis are here
这里的考尔斯基一家 他们想跟法♥院♥聊聊
and they just wanted to speak to the court if that's all right
好吧 这有点不寻常 亨特先生 你怎么看?
Well, it's a little unusual. Mr. Hunter, what's your thought?
我不知道这会怎么样 我觉得这不是个好主意
I don't know where this is going. I don't think it's a good idea
我想最好还是就此打住吧
Um… I… I think it's probably best to just leave it at that
到此为止 我们休息一下 我会发出命令
So… with that, we'll be in recess. I will get the orders out
好 谢谢
Okay, thank you
-好 非常感谢大家 -法官大人
Okay. Thank you all very much. -Your Honor
全体起立 现在休庭
All rise. Court is in recess
好吧…
Okay…
没事的,没事的
It's okay. It's all right
我不能…
I can't…
(法官确认审理将无限期推迟)
(直到第二区域上诉法♥院♥裁定)
(本案中是否可以加入惩罚性赔偿)
我可以坐在前面吗?
Can I sit in the front?
对
Yeah
一群冷血的混♥蛋♥
Heartless bastards
他们只会继续不停打扮我们
They're just gonna continue to beat us up
他们根本不在乎
They don't give a shit
可以别再说了吗?我不想再听了
Please stop talking. I don't wanna hear it anymore
过来
Come here
这不公平 爸爸 永远都不会结束
It's not fair, Dad. It's never gonna end
永远都不会结束
It's never gonna end!
永远不会结束的 爸爸
It's never gonna end, Dad
什么都没用
Nothing works
我每晚都在祈祷
I pray every single night
什么都没有 根本没有用
Nothing. It doesn't help
今天不是个好日子
This has not been a good day
孩子们完全崩溃了
The kids are totally crushed
我也崩溃了
I'm crushed
这会让你精疲力尽
It wears you out
但如果我们放弃 保持沉默
But if we give up and shut our mouths
就会再次发生
it's gonna happen again
只是时间问题
It's just a matter of time
这不止结束于考尔斯基一家 或者只发生在佛罗里达
This doesn't just end with the Kowalskis, or just in Florida
全国各地的家庭
Families all across the country
都在讲述出 自己被指控虐待儿童的故事
are coming forward with stories about being accused of child abuse
一些家庭被困在法律体系中数年
Some families are stuck in the legal system for years
与这些指控作斗争
battling these accusations
有些家长至今仍在监狱
Some parents are in prison to this day
考尔斯基一家在代表这些家长发声
The Kowalski family, they're standing up for these parents
并试图让人们意识到
and trying to bring awareness to this issue
这个问题一直笼罩在耻辱和秘密之中
that has been shrouded in so much shame and secrecy
加速
Speeding
窗户 所有东西都关着
The windows, and everything's closed out here
我们希望贝亚特的声音能被听到
We want Beata's voice to be heard
我们聚焦好了吗?
We good on focus?
我们想让玛雅的声音能被听到
We want Maya's voice to be heard
对 很好 谢谢
Yep. Great. Thank you
玛雅,你还好吗?
Maya, are you okay?
我想说话
I want to speak
但我就是… 我控制不住想哭
But I just… I can't without crying
我讨厌哭
I hate crying
你想哭也没关系
It's okay if you have to cry
这很正常
It's… It's normal
你现在必须为自己说话 因为妈妈不在那里
You have to speak for yourself now because Mommy is not there
闭上眼睛 假装我就在那里
Just close your eyes and pretend I'm there
我知道这不一样 但你要坚强
I know it's not the same, but just be strong
如果你在看这个 妈妈 我想让你知道我爱你
If you're watching this, Mommy, I want you to know that I love you
送给你亲吻
Send you kisses
你会知道是我送的
You'll know it's from me
“亲爱的妈妈”
"Dear Mom."
“说你离开后 我觉得生活一团糟
"Saying that life has felt fucked up since you left
可能是我能说出的 最轻描淡写的叙述了”
is probably the biggest understatement I could make."
“爸爸、凯尔和我 都要被迫适应你不在的日子”
"Dad, Kyle, and I have all had to adapt to your absence."
“爸爸帮邻居刷油漆
"Dad distracts himself
来分散自己的注意力”
by helping the neighbors with painting projects."
“凯尔竭尽全力 通过数小时的垂钓 让自己脱离苦海”
"Kyle does his best to escape by fishing for hours."
“当我把所有的精力都投入到学业上 我觉得太累了
"When pouring all my energy into my schoolwork got to be too exhausting
我开始安排每一秒空闲时间 和朋友们在一起
I started to book every second of my free time with friends
在房♥子外面 远离那些能让我想起来的东西”
outside of the house and away from reminders."
“但只要我们一踏进家门
"But as soon as we step foot into our home
我们就被带回了现实”
we are brought back to reality."
“我们想你”
"We miss you."
“我想你”
"I miss you."
“五年来 我们一直被承诺将会审判”
"For five years, we have been promised our trial."
“然而 似乎我们离设定的日期越近
"Yet it seems that the closer we get to a set date
它就被推得越远”
the further it gets pushed."
“尽管我们感到气馁 但我们不会就此罢休”
"Even though we are discouraged, we will not settle."
“我们会为你而战
"We will fight for you
我们将为成千上万个
and we will fight for the thousands of other families
处于同样不幸情况的其他家庭而战
who find themselves in the same unfortunate circumstances."
“我们的那一天会到来的 我爱你”
"Our day will come. I love you."
我也爱你
I love you too
我也爱你
I love you too
我们用爱建立一个家庭
We build a family with love
用诚实
Honesty
信任
Trust
作为父母 我们会尽力为孩子做到最好
We, as parents, try to do the best we can for our children
你会为他们不惜一切
You do everything for them
这正是贝亚特和我做的
That's what Beata and I did
(2022年10月7日 第二区域上诉法♥院♥)
(同意了考尔斯基一家 对惩罚性赔偿的请求)
(案件审理日 设定在了2023年9月11日)
(到那时 距离玛雅入院就已经2530天了)
(2021年12月 莎莉·史密斯医生 和阳光海岸中心)
(跟考尔斯基一家 确定诉讼中的责任)
(莎莉·史密斯医生 拒绝接受本电影的采访)
(医院给出了如下声明:)
(在我们约翰·霍普金斯儿童医院 最重要的是)
(我们病人和家人的安全与隐私)
(因此 我们遵守隐私法 限制我们可以发布的)
(关于任何案件的信息量)
(我们的首要责任始终是 照顾到送到我们身边的孩子)
(并且我们有法律义务)
(当我们发现虐待或忽视的迹象时)
(通知儿童和家庭部门)
(是儿童和家庭部门 负责调查情况 并做出最终决定)
(采取何种行动对孩子最有利)
(利·哈沃斯法官发表以下声明:)
(在所有时候 玛雅与家人 家庭接触相关的决定)
(都是基于证词以及一名)
(备受信任的医生 和医院雇员的强烈推荐)
(他们在各自的领域都是专家)
(法官的决定只能基于 别人给提供的信息)
(必须基于证据的质量)
(基于值得信任的证据 本案正是如此)
(如果你或者你认识的人 在精神健康方面苦苦挣扎)
(或者有自杀的想法)
(WANNATALKABOUTIT.COM网站 可以提供信息和资源)
(考尔斯基一家是众多家庭的一例 本片制♥作♥过程中)
(过去四年中 影片制♥作♥人)
(认识了超过一百个 受到儿童虐待指控影响的家庭)
(指控来自于整个国家 不同的医生和医院)
所以你儿子里昂 有天生的罕见遗传障碍
So our son Leo was born with a rare genetic disorder
我注意到他的右腿有点问题
I noticed that something was wrong with his right leg
她一直在哭 我们抱起她的时候 她用很奇怪的方式移♥动♥手臂
She was crying and moving her arm in a weird way when we picked her up
国土安♥全♥部♥打来电♥话♥说 “你必须把孩子带来给我们的医生”
DHS called and said, "You have to bring 'em in to our doctor."
我们去了急诊室 医生给她拍了X光片
We went to the emergency room, and they did an X-ray on her
儿童虐待儿科医生来了
The child-abuse pediatrician came in
说除了虐待性的头部创伤之外 没有其他的解释了
and said there was no other explanation other than abusive head trauma
他们从来没有查看他的医疗历史记录
They never looked into his medical history
从来没有尽责地查看 过去发生了什么
Never did any type of due diligence to see what had been going on
电影精选列表