但我懂这里的语言,而且是在这里长大的
but I knew the language and growing up here
会为凯蒂提供各种工作机会。
will open up all sorts of job opportunities for Katie.
所以说得通。
So it made sense.
那些妈妈中的一个,对吧?
One of those moms, huh?
惭愧。让我猜猜。
Guilty. So let me guess.
你搬来这里只是因为有人给你
You only moved here because someone offered you
一个大升迁。
a big promotion.
我以前见过你这种类型的。
I've seen your type before.
我这种类型吗?不好意思,我是什么类型的?
My type? I'm sorry, what is my, my type?
不,我已经说得太多了。
No, I have said way too much already.
不,不。我不会生气的。你可以告诉我。
No, no. I won't get mad. You can tell me.
我能承受。
I can take it.
我是什么类型的?
What is my type?
好的。
Ok.
狡猾的商人。迷人,努力,
Slick businessman. Charming, driven,
你是来做生意的,但你还是想当
you come here to do business, but you still want to be
被视为一家美国公♥司♥
perceived as an American company,
所以你尽可能地淡化你与中国的关系。
so you downplay your association with China as much as you can.
事实上,你太轻描淡写了
In fact, you downplay it so much
没有人会考虑真正的人类
that nobody thinks about the actual human beings
生产你产品的人。
who make your product.
当然,除非发生可怕的事情
Until, of course, something awful happens
新闻上到处都是。
and it winds up all over the news.
所以你做了一些改变
So you make a few changes
希望你的客户有一个短暂的记忆。
hope that your customers have a short memory.
如果你真的是个混♥蛋♥,就假装吧
Or if you're a real jerk, you just pretend
你根本不知道在你自己的工厂里发生了这种事
you had no idea it was happening in your own factory
把一切都归咎于中国人。
and blame everything on the chinese.
我知道这个故事。我想我知道。
I know this story. I think I do.
公♥司♥是邪恶的,
Corporations are evil,
我们不关心别人,对吧?
and we don't care about people, right?
我们创造的就业机会呢?
What about the jobs we create?
建筑工厂的技术转移?
The technology transfer from building plants here?
没有功劳?没有什么?
No credit for that? Nothing?
请。这不是慈善工作。
Please. That's not charity work.
这是你另一种赚钱的方式。
It's another way for you to make money.
阿曼达,你知道有多少家设计师店
Amanda, do you know how many designer shops
和我今天路过的豪华汽车经销商
and luxury car dealerships I passed today
在来这里的路上?
on the way over here?
相信我,中国人正在赚大钱。
Trust me, the chinese are making plenty of money.
是的,国际贸易
Yes, international trade
绝对改善了这里的生活质量。
has definitely improved the quality of life here.
但这是副作用。
But it's a side effect.
外国商人不来这里
Foreign businessmen don't come here
为中国社会做贡献。
to contribute to chinese society.
他们来这里是为了从中获利。
They come here to profit from it.
我贡献。
I'm contributing.
好吧,如何?
Ok, how?
通过法律服务。
By practicing law.
我的客户和你一样。他喜欢中国。
My client is just like you. He loves China.
他想要一个中国发明家的产品
He wants to take a chinese inventor's product
把它变成世界上最大的东西,
and turn it into the biggest thing in the world,
他需要我的帮助。你明白吗?
and he needs my help to do that. Do you understand this?
这就是我的工作。我帮助人们。
That's what I do. I help people.
无论你说什么。
Whatever you say.
好吧。这个怎么样。
All right. How about this.
你到我办公室来。
You come by my office.
看我怎么解决这个小问题
Watch how I'm going to fix this little hiccup
让我的客户重新开始做生意。
with my client and get him back doing business again.
然后你就会明白我的意思了。
Then you'll see what I mean.
我们将会看到。
We'll see.
嗯。还是决定过来了,是吧?
Hmm. Decided to come by after all, huh?
是的。我就在附近。
Yeah. I was in the neighborhood.
我有几张公♥寓♥照片想给你看。
I have some apartment photos I wanted to show you.
是的。
Yeah.
马库斯,这是我的同事阿曼达。
Marcus, this is my colleague Amanda.
她今天会和我们坐在一起。
She's going to be sitting in with us today.
嗨。
Hi.
-嗨。-进来吧。
- Hi. - Come on in.
那个女人是谁?
Who is that woman?
她是我的客人。
She's my guest.
你不应该带客人来开会。
You shouldn't bring a guest to a meeting.
这是不专业的。
It's unprofessional.
谢谢你的意见。
Thanks for your opinion.
哦,这位一定是林先生。
Well, this must be Mr. Lin.
是的。看来他带了些人来。
Yeah. It looks like he brought some muscle.
贾森在斯坦福大学学习法律。
Jason studied law at Stanford.
嗯。你看起来很熟悉。
Huh. You look familiar.
我有个朋友在斯坦福读法律。
I had a friend went to Stanford law.
乔伊普林逖。你认识他吗?
Joey pritikin. You know him?
我们谈正事吧,好吗?
Let's just get to business, shall we?
好吧。
All right.
这部手♥机♥是知识产权
This mobile phone is intellectual property
由郁百杨先生独家授权给我的委托人。
exclusively licensed to my client by Mr. yu baiyang.
一模一样的手♥机♥,
This identical mobile phone,
是林先生在他的工厂制♥造♥的,
was manufactured by Mr. Lin in his factory,
我们在这条街上买♥♥了这个
and we actually bought this just down the street here
在一个非常可爱的小店里。
in a really cute, little shop.
所以你的客户显然是在侵权
So your client is clearly infringing
我当事人的权利
on my client's rights.
不。不。
No. No.
这不是真的。
This is not true.
我是唯一得到允许的人
I am the only one with permission
为了制♥造♥郁百杨的手♥机♥。
to make yu baiyang's phone.
给他们看的。
Show them.
嗯。你知道就因为你签了合同
Hmm. You realize just because you have a signed contract
并不能证明它是有效的。
doesn't make it valid.
郁百杨履行了我委托人的协议
Yu baiyang executed my client's agreement
这个月18号♥。
on the 18th of this month.
根据你的合同,他在19号♥履行了你。
And according to your contract, he executed yours on the 19th.
由于排他性许可协议的定义是单一的,
And since an exclusive license agreement is singular by definition,
事实上,我们的比你们的及时。
the fact that ours is first in time renders yours...
完全无效。
Completely void.
不可能的。
Impossible.
这是不可能的。
This is impossible.
这些合同毫无意义。
These contracts make no sense.
在我看来,我们什么也不应该做
In my opinion, we should do nothing
直到郁百杨重新露面澄清此事。
until yu baiyang resurfaces to clear this up.
这就是斯坦福法学院教你的吗?
Is that what they taught you at Stanford law?
如果林先生继续经营他的工厂,
If Mr. Lin keeps his factory running,
他会故意违反我委托人的合同,
he will be intentionally breaching my client's contract,
和我的下一个电♥话♥
and the next phone call I make
会对他申请禁止令吗
will be to file an injunction against him
根据中华人♥民♥共和国民事诉讼法。
under prc civil procedure law.
让我们保持简单,斯坦福。
So let's keep this simple, Stanford.
要么林先生停止打电♥话♥,
Either Mr. Lin stops making the phones,
不然我们就告他倾家荡产
or we Sue him for everything he's got.
哦,上帝。
Oh, God.
我建议我的委托人停止他的行动。
I'm advising my client to stop his operation.
没必要起诉。
There's no need to sue.
山姆曹国伟。这是无可替代的。
Sam chao. There is no substitute.
我告诉过你不要担心。
I told you not to worry.
这个人呢?
How about this guy?
你觉得怎么样?
So what did you think?
我认为你天生就是当律师的料。
I think you were born to be a lawyer.
来吧。
Come on.
我刚让我的客户重新上路
I just got my client back on the road
在中国做生意。
to doing business here in China.
这很容易,因为林的律师
It was very easy, since Lin's attorney
对贸易法不太精通
was not too well-versed in trade law.
电影精选列表