It was a child's dream to live in such a castle.
住在这样一座城♥堡♥里,是小孩子的梦想。
I would run down the halls,pretending I was a knight.
我会在大厅里跑来跑去,假装自己是个骑士。
I would stare down from the battlements,
envisioning armies forming to attack.
我从城垛上往下看,想象着军队列队进攻。
Uncle Hermann, he lived in the largest
and most beautiful room on the top floor.
赫尔曼叔叔住在顶楼的,最大最漂亮的房♥间里。
Down the hall, my mother had a bedroom, also beautiful.
走廊那头,我妈妈有一间卧室,也很漂亮。
My father,
我的父亲,
he lived in a small bedroom on the ground floor.
他住在一楼的一间小卧室里。
And I was to realize just how rich Uncle Hermann was.
我才意识到,赫尔曼叔叔有“多有钱”。
So rich that he could move my family in.
有钱到,可以把我家搬进来。
So rich that he could put my father on the ground floor.
有钱到,可以让我父亲住在一楼。
So rich that whenever he wanted,
有钱到,只要他想,
he could walk down the hall
他就可以穿过走廊,
and enjoy my mother.
来享受我的母亲。
Just because a man is your ally
只是因为,一个男人是你的盟友
does not mean he is on your side.
并不意味着,他站在你这边。
You found Hermann going to be imaginative?
你觉得赫尔曼很有想象力吗?
I didn't find him to be that way.The test did.
我没发现他是那样的。测试结果显示了。
Well, that is what a second opinion is for.
这正是需要第二专家意见的原因。
Which brings us to Rudolph Hess.
这让我们想到了,鲁道夫·赫斯。
I'm inclined to believe that his amnesia is genuine.
我倾向于相信,他的健忘症是真的。
You mean the part where he forgets about being a Nazi?
你是说,他忘了自己是纳粹的那部分吗?
Okay, look, Dr.
好吧,你看,凯利医生,
Kelly, I'm not here to step on your toes, okay?
我不是来冒犯你的,对吗?
I'll share research with a co-author.
我将与一位合著者,分享研究成果。
Co-author of what?
合著什么?
You don't have to play coy with me.
We're both here for the same reason.
你不必对我忸怩作态。我们来这里的原因是一样的。
Now, two books about the Nazi high command
that's going to cut into the market.
现在,有两本关于纳粹最高指挥官的书即将进入市场。
I say we write it together.
我建议,我们一起写。
Good luck with your tests.
祝你的测试顺利。
医生。
She was in.
她很投入。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Come and see Peter Haines.
请进屋来吧。
她很意外吗?
Oh, she was, uh, astounded.
哦,她当时...呃,很吃惊。
- Teach me this trick. - Is it a coin by the ear?
- 把这个把戏教给我。 - 把硬币藏在耳朵后面?
Yeah, yeah. Teach me this trick so I, too, can astound her.
是的,是的。教我这个把戏,这样我也能让她吃惊了。
I gave my silver dollar to your daughter.
我把美元银币给了你女儿。
It's the simplest trick in the world.
这是世界上最简单的把戏。
And it works because, you know, people want to believe.
而且它之所以有效,是因为,你知道的,人们总是愿意相信一些事情。
Well, you hold up the dollar and you say,
好吧,你举起美元硬币然后说道,
Hey, folks, here is an ordinary average silver dollar.
嘿,大家好,这是一枚普通的银元。
And you put it in your other hand.
然后你把它放在另一只手里。
You focus on it.
你专注于它。
But really, it's right here.
但其实,它就在这里。
You palm it in your right hand.
你把它藏在你的右手中。
Palm it?
藏在手中吗?
You put it between these two fingers.
你把它放在这两根手指之间。
You wrap your palm around it.
你用手掌将其握住。
But you focus on your left hand.
但你要把注意力,集中在你的左手上。
And you feel the coin in there, the weight of it.
然后你能感觉到那枚硬币的存在,感受到它的分量。
And if you believe it,
而如果你相信这一点的话,
then they'll believe it.
然后,他们就会相信了。
And then you just, uh,
然后你就,呃,
well, you reach behind the ear.
嗯,你要把手伸到耳朵后面。
Abracadabra!
阿布拉卡达布拉!
What is abracadabra?
“阿布拉卡达布拉”是什么意思?
Uh, it's a magic word.
呃,这是用于魔术的咒语。
It gives the illusion of a cosmic weight.
它给人一种精神上沉重感的错觉。
And it always must be abracadabra.
而且它总是必须是“阿布拉卡达布拉”。
No, it can be anything.
不,可以说任何词语,
It can be presto.
它可以“你们瞧”。
I think I prefer abracadabra.
我觉得我更喜欢“阿布拉卡达布拉”。
So it was your father who taught you this trick?
所以,是你的父亲,教给你这个把戏的吗?
My father?
我父亲?
No.
不是。
You say that like it is unthinkable.
你说得好像,这是难以想象的。
And my father was content to buy his trade and display
a cheerful disposition.
而我的父亲满足于他从事的工作,并且总是保持着愉快的心情。
He was a man of no accomplishment.
他是一个毫无成就的人。
But you believe
但你坚信
you are destined for more.
你注定会有更多的成就。
You want to be known as a great man.
你想成为一个伟大的人。
Yes.
是的。
And I am your ticket.
而我,就是你的“车票”。
You will return to America as the great scholar of the Nazis.
你将会以研究纳粹分子的杰出学者的身份,回到美国。
And I will have a trick to impress my daughter
而我,得想出个把戏来,让我女儿留下印象,
when this trial is done.
在这场审判结束后。
Stop taking me with you to see him.
你开始不带上我,去见他了。
I didn't want to bother you so late.
我不想这么晚,还打扰你。
I've been seeing him a lot without me.
你好几次了,都不带上我。
What are you doing, doc?
你想干什么?医生。
Trying to learn something?
就是想了解一些事情。
Are you sure that's what this is still about?
你确定这样做,还能再继续吗?
Good night, Howie.
晚安,豪伊。
Are you going to defend yourself, Hermann?
你要为自己辩护吗,赫尔曼
- Oh, but not too late now. - I'm serious.
-哦,现在,你就想知道吗? -我是认真的。
Have you friends, doctor?
我们是朋友吗,医生?
I think that word is a little too simple for what we are.
我认为这个词,对于我们的现状来说,太过“天真”了。
But are you asking me this as a friend?
但你是以朋友的身份,问我的吗?
I am.
我是的。
Tomorrow, when I enter my plea,I will read a statement.
明天,在我提交答辩状时,我会宣读一份声明。
I am going to say
我要说,
that I assume all responsibility for my actions.
我对我的行为,承担全部责任。
I will refuse, however,
不过,我不会承担
to accept responsibility for acts committed by others
因他人所为,而产生的任何后果,
that I was unaware of
我对那些事情,毫不知情,
and I would not have approved of.
并且,是我不曾赞同的。
But I did.
至于我所做的,
I did for my country.
我是尽忠报国。
Tell me you have not done the same for yours.
告诉我,你难道不会为你的祖国,做与我相同的事情吗?
They told me I could find you here.
他们告诉我,在这里可以找到你。
In seven hours,
the whole world is going to be focused on this room.
七个小时后,全世界的目光都将聚焦于此房♥间。
This is it.
就是这里。
This is everything.
这里就是一切。
This is the statement that Gerhard plans on reading tomorrow.
这就是戈林打算明天要读的那份声明。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
立正!
我们开始吧。
他们来了!
我的天呐!
全体起立!
May it please your honors,
尊敬的各位,
the privilege of opening the first trial in history
for crimes against the peace of the world
作为历史上首次,对危害世界和平罪行进行审判的特权持有者,
imposes a grave responsibility.
这赋予了我们,重大的责任。
The wrongs which we seek to condemn and punish
我们所要谴责和惩罚的,那些错误行为,
have been so calculated,
是如此得恶意精心设计的,
so malignant and so devastating
如此得恶毒,如此得具有毁灭性,
that civilization cannot tolerate their being ignored
是任何文明,都无法容忍♥这些错误行为被忽视的。
because we cannot survive their being repeated.
因为,如果这些错误行为再次发生,我们将无法生存下去。
In the prisoner's dock said 20-odd broken men,
在审判席上,坐着二十多个破坏秩序的人,
we will show them
我们将向他们展示,
to be living symbols of racial hatreds,of terrorism and violence,
他们是种族仇恨、恐♥怖♥主♥义♥、暴♥力♥行为的“鲜活”化身,
and of the arrogance and cruelty of power.
以及权力带来的,傲慢与残暴的“鲜活”化身。
Civilization can afford nothing
文明,不能采用优柔和模糊,向这些力量进行妥协,
with the men in whom these forces now precariously survive.
这些力量曾施加于的那些人们,如今还在朝不保夕地存活着。
Wars are no longer local.
战争,已不再是局部性的事件了。
All modern wars become world wars, eventually.
所有的现代战争,最终,都会演变成世界大战。
And none of the big nations can stay out.
没有一个大国,能置身事外。
But the ultimate step in avoiding periodic wars
in a system of international lawlessness
但在一个缺乏国际法律规范的体系中,避免周期性战争的最终关键在于
is to make statesmen responsible for the law.
电影精选列表