你希望通过审判他们,来剥夺这些人的性命。
Then you have come to ask for the Church's blessing in this.
那么,你还来请求教会,在这件事上为你们祝福。
Your support would go a long way to building
an international consensus.
你们的支持,将对建立国际共识大有帮助。
No one denies these men are evil.
没有人否认这些人是邪恶的。
But an eye for an eye is not the answer.
但“以眼还眼”,并不是解决办法。
Maybe not, but I'm pretty sure where I first read about it.
也许不是,但当我第一次读到这里时,我很确定。
Are you Catholic?
你是天主教♥徒♥吗?
No, sir.
不是,圣下。
A religious man?
是信教的人吗?
Not especially.
不是特别信。
And yet at home they call you a justice.
而你在国内,被人们称为“法官”。
I didn't pick the name.
这个称呼,不是我选的。
If you sit long enough in judgment of others,
如果你坐下来,有足够长的时间,去审判别人,
you come to believe the laws of man outweigh the laws of God.
你就会开始相信,人的律法,比上帝的律法更为重要。
I don't believe that.
我不相信这个。
Then what do you believe?
那么,你相信什么?
I believe in man in our capacity to save ourselves
from men like the Nazis.
我相信,人类有能力,从纳粹手中拯救自己。
I believe this to be a good act.
我相信,这是一个善举。
Once so good, you must circumnavigate your own laws to achieve it.
能“善举”到,你们必须绕过你们自己的法律,来实现它吗?
I'm sorry, but the Catholic Church cannot support you in this.
很抱歉,但天主教会不能支持你们这么做的。
But you could support them in 1933.
但你们曾经可以在1933年,支持他们。
I'm sorry?
你说什么?
You signed the Concordat with Hitler yourself.
你亲自和希♥特♥勒♥签署了协约。
That was a different matter.
那是另一回事。
You lived in Munich.You were the nuncio to the German Empire.
你当时住在慕尼黑。你那时是驻德意志帝国的大使。
The Catholic Church was the first world power
to acknowledge the pure state.
天主教会是第一个,承认那个“元首国家”的世界性权力。
You gave the Nazis credibility.
你给了纳粹可信性。
In order to protect Catholics in Germany.
为了保护德国的天主教♥徒♥。
Isn't it a pity the Jews didn't have someone to do that for them?
犹太人没有人为他们做这件事,这不是很遗憾吗?
Do you think I condone what they did?
你认为,我会宽恕纳粹的所作所为吗?
People will remember, sir.
人们会记得的,圣下。
What you did in 1933.
你在1933年的所作所为。
What you do now.
还有,你现在要做的...
They'll tell their children.
人们会告诉,他们的孩子的。
Did the Catholic Church stand with the Nazis?
当年,天主教会支持过纳粹吗?
Or against them?
或反对过他们?
Did you just blackmail the Pope?
你刚刚是在威胁教皇吗?
I don't want to talk about it.
我不想谈这个。
Word came down last night.
昨晚传达的消息。
There's going to be a trial.
会有一场审判。
A trial?
一场审判?
Good.
哼,很好。
Good.
很好。
As it should be.
理应如此。
请坐下。
Those cards that you showed me.
你给我看的那些卡片。
What did they teach you about me?
它们告诉你,关于我的什么了?
Honestly, that you are highly intelligent.
老实说,你非常聪明。
I could have told you this.
我本可以告诉你的。
And that you're a narcissist.
还表明,你有点儿“自恋情结”。
Given to an expansive and aggressive fantasy life.
沉溺于一种“雄心豪迈”的幻想生活。
With a strong ambition and drive to subjugate the world as you find it.
正如你也意识到,你有着强大的野心和征服世界的动力。
To your own pattern of thinking.
你按照,你自己的思维模式。
And you were surprised by this?
你对此感到惊讶吗?
No.
没感到。
Then the cards have taught you nothing.
那些卡片,什么都没告诉你。
Now, Tris, he tells me you do magic.
豪伊.特利斯特先生告诉我,你会变魔术。
Einsauber.
一个小把戏。
Sorry.
对不起了。
是的。
Perhaps if it's not too much trouble, we don't get entertainment.
如果不是太麻烦的话,反正,我们也没有什么娱乐活动。
Why not?
为什么不呢?
Here's an average ordinary silver dollar.
这是一个普通的美元银币。
Ta-da!
塔哒!
Very good. Very good.
非常好。非常好。
I will show you a magic trick one day.
总有一天,我会给你表演一个魔术
What's that?
什么样的魔术?
I am going to escape the hangman's noose.
我要逃离,刽子手的绞索。
How do you plan on doing that?
你打算怎么做?
If I were to tell you,it would not be a trick.
如果我告诉你,那就不是变把戏了。
No, I'm not.
什么都没了。
This is the end of the episode.
一段辉煌,就这样结束了。
You see what the allies are capable of?
你看到盟军的实力了吗?
There is nothing left.
什么都没剩下。
You said that.
正如你说过的。
The palace of justice.
正义宫。
The roof has been damaged by the air raids.
屋顶被空袭破坏了。
Fire gutted the upper floors and collapsed the clock tower.
大火烧毁了楼上的建筑,钟楼也塌倒了。
But this court room should be able to hold 600 people
when it's finished.
但这个法庭建成后,应该能容纳600人。
What's with all the supplies?
这里怎么还有军需补给品?
The Nazis fought their last stand here when the city was taken.
当这座城市即将被攻克时,纳粹们还在负隅顽抗。
And so they will again.
他们妄想卷土重来。
All the beautiful cities in this conquered land.
所有美丽的城市,都沦为一片焦土。
You want to try them in this bombed out husk?
你们想在这堆被轰炸的废墟里,审判他们吗?
This is Sir David Maxwell Fyfe,assistant prosecutor for the British.
这位是大卫·麦克斯韦·菲夫爵士,英国方面的助理检察官。
Yes, sir, we do.For one thing, we can control the space.
是的,爵士,我们会的。首先,我们可以控制这块空间。
For another,
there's an adjoining prison with room for up to 1200 inmates.
另一方面,有一座毗邻该城的监狱,最多可容纳1200名囚犯。
When he needs space for 22.
我们只需要准备22人的空间。
Sorry, 22, sir.
对不起,22人,爵士。
That's the number of men we're indicting for the first trial.
这是我们在首轮审判中,要起诉的人数。
You see, if we don't win that trial,
there won't be any more trials to come.
你要明白,如果我们不能赢得这次审判,以后就不会再有审判了。
And you, myself and Justice Jackson and our respective
governments will be the laughingstock of the world,
而你,我和杰克逊法官,以及我们各自的政♥府♥,将成为全世界的笑柄,
defeated by the very men we've imprisoned.
被我们囚禁的人打败了。
So that will be fun.
那样,就“好玩”了。
My friends in Washington say opinions turn to him against you.
我在华盛顿的朋友们说,他的意见会让他,转而反对你们。
There's talk that you won't get the Chief
Justice's seat when Stone steps down.
有传言说,斯通卸任后,你将得不到首席大♥法♥官的位子。
Well, who's truly going to pick? Benson? Benson's too political.
好吧,谁来选呢?本森吗?本森太“政♥治♥化”了。
Yes, but he's there.
是的,有他在那儿,
This whole thing's become a sideshow, Robert.It hasn't even begun.
这整件事都变成了附带表演,罗伯特。甚至在它还没开始前。
They say you're writing all the briefs yourself,
他们说,所有的辩护状,都是你自己写的,
refusing help from other lawyers.
你还拒绝了,其他律师的帮助。
- Because it has to be done right.
- And it will, but you can't do it alone.
- 因为,这件事必须做对。 - 话虽这么说,但你不能一个人做这事。
Oh, everything will be fine once we actually get to trial.
只要上了法庭,一切都会好起来的。
You say that, as though trying the Nazi
high command with untested case law,
你这么说,就好像用未经检验的“判例法”,审判纳粹最高♥官♥员,
the whole world watching is going to be the easy part.
在全世界的瞩目下,难道这部分工作,是比较容易吗?
Well, when you put it like that.
那只要,当你把这些,表现出来时。
Anything less than total victory will be considered utter defeat,
任何不能完全取胜的事情,都将被视为“一败涂地”,
which means you don't just have to win, Robert.
You have to be flawless.
这意味着,你不仅要赢,罗伯特。你必须赢得“毫无瑕疵”。
No pressure.
别对我施压了。
I love him, I love him.
我想再来一杯。
Your cells are made of stone, nine feet by thirteen.
你们的牢房♥,是用石头建成的。9乘13英尺。
Your beds are bolted to the wall.
你们的床,是用螺栓固定在墙上的。
Your mattress is stuffed with straw instead of springs.
你的床垫是用稻草填的,而不是弹簧。
Your desks are made of cardboard
and will not support a man's full weight.
你们的桌子是硬纸板做的,支撑不了一个人的全部体重。
Your chairs are never allowed against any wall
and will be removed every night at sundown.
你们的椅子绝对不能靠墙,而且每晚日落时,都要搬走。
When you sleep, your head and hands will
remain above your blanket visible at all times.
当你睡觉时,你的头和手将始终保持坦露,在你的毯子之上。
You will be given no belts, you will be given
no shoelaces, you will be given no toilet seats,
他们不会给你皮带,不会给你鞋带,不会给你马桶盖,
you will be given nothing with which to use as a weapon
to take your own lives.
你们没有任何东西,可以用来作为,结束自己生命的凶器。
Welcome to Nuremberg.
欢迎来到纽伦堡。
Now this is a cell.
这就是牢房♥啊。
Your proof?
你验收的?
SHermann built. How could I not?
舍尔曼建的。我怎么能不验收?
They will charge us soon, yeah.
他们很快就会起诉我们的。
You're looking forward to it?
电影精选列表