Is that all one person?
我是销♥售♥部的经理
I'm the director of sales.
很高兴终于见到您 艾泼斯坦先生
Nice to finally meet you,Mr Epstein.
那我们应该点些东西 来庆祝一下吗?
So, should we be ordering something to celebrate?
嗯 你卖♥♥出了很多唱片
Well, you have sold a lot of records.
这不是我来这里的原因 迈克在哪里?
That's not why I'm here. Where's Mike?
这可不是一次 “关于迈克”的谈话
Well, this isn't a Mike conversation.
艾泼斯坦先生 您的小生意 着实得出色!
You've a terrific little business,Mr Epstein.
艾泼斯坦先生 您是我们最优质的客户之一
You are one of our very best customers, Mr Epstein.
实际上 我刚才就是在说这个 不是吗?
In fact, I was just saying it,wasn't I?
是的 迪克 你确实是
Yes, Dick, you were.
嗯 那是因为 我能识别出人才
Well, that's because I can recognise talent.
我总能一眼看出 哪些是畅销唱片 也知道 该在哪里推销它们
I can always spot a hit and I know where to sell them.
好吧 你继续发现它们 并出♥售♥它们 而我们就会继续灌制它们
Well, you keep spotting them and selling them and we'll keep making them.
这就是事情的本来面目
And that's just the way it's going to be.
这是个很难做出的决定
It's never an easy decision.
[布莱恩] 我有点儿迷惑了
BRIAN: I'm a little lost.
[迪克] 不想造成迷失 -哦 不 我一点也不迷失
DICK: Wouldn't mean to confuse. -Oh no, I'm not confused.
我迷惑了 因为我以为 你刚才的意思是说 你不想与我的乐队签约
I'm lost because I think you're saying that you don't want to sign my group.
你听过这张唱片吗?
Did you listen to the record?
绝对要堵住耳朵
Absolute bilge.
我是你们最忠实的顾客之一
I'm one of your best customers.
这和与你的团队签约 没有关系
Well, that has nothing to do with signing your group.
我在“艺人及作品部”工作了多年
I've been in A&R for years.
我知道这些事情 是如何运作的
I know how these things work.
而那些有吉他的乐队 正在逐渐消失
And groups with guitars are on their way out.
我对这类声音 不满意
I'm not satisfied with the sound.
你不知道 自己放弃了什么
You don't know what you're turning down.
你看 艾泼斯坦先生 你为什么要这样做?你的生意正蒸蒸日上呢
Look, why are you doing this, Mr Epstein?
You have a thriving business.
你从事自己擅长的职业 因此过着舒适的生活
You make a comfortable living,which you're good at.
你为什么要把它 扔给一群... [笑]
Why would you throw it away on a bunch of... [Chuckles]
好吧
Well,
恕我坦率 一帮小混♥蛋♥?
frankly, yobbos?
感谢贵部门 提供的试镜
Thank you for the audition.
耽误了您二位的时间 我深感抱歉
I'm sorry we wasted your time.
不 不 别站着 点些吃的吧
No, no, no sit down. Order some food.
我饿死了 哦 拜托了!
I'm starving. Oh, come on!
他们只是一支乐队而已
They're just a band.
会有更多、更好的乐队出现
There'll be more, much better bands.
那些男孩
Those boys.
我的男孩们
My boys
将比猫王更伟大
will be bigger than Elvis.
[迪克] 那是无价之宝啦
DICK: That's priceless.
你应该亲自上台 而不是让你的手下代劳
You should be the one on stage, not your boys.
非常好
Very good.
我们能... ?
Could we have... ?
[奎妮] 没必要表现得像个罪人
QUEENIE:There's no need to act condemned.
还会有其他机会的
There will be other opportunities.
我辜负了小伙子们
I failed the boys.
我辜负了爸爸
I failed Dad.
最糟糕的是 他们全都知道了
The worst thing is they all know it.
那又如何?
So what?
就这样放弃吗?
Just going to give up?
你从自行车上摔下来的时候 你做了什么?
What did you do when you fell off your bike?
我向你和爸爸要求 给我买♥♥一辆车
I asked you and Daddy for a car.
你从来就不像其他孩子那样
You never were like other children.
这还没结束
It's not over yet.
所以好好休息一下 然后开始工作吧
So get some rest and get to work.
我要上♥床♥了
I'm going to bed.
[埃迪·霍奇斯的《我要敲你的门》正在播放]
[Eddie Hodges'"I'm Gonna Knock on Your Door" plays]
# 我要来敲你的门 按你的门铃
# I'm gonna knock on your door,ring on your bell
# 也敲敲你的窗户吧
# Tap on your window too
# 如果你今晚不出门赏月 那真是太可惜了
# If you don't come out tonight when the moon is bright
# 我会一直敲门、按门铃、敲打 直到你来开门
# I'm gonna knock and ring and tap until you do
# 我要来敲你的门 喊出你的名字
# I'm gonna knock on your door,call out your name
# 唤醒整个城镇吧 你会看到…
# Wake up the town, you'll see
# 我要像患相思病的猫头鹰一样嚎叫
# I'm gonna hoo-hoot and howl like the lovesick owl
# 除非你告诉我 你要和我一起出来
# Until you say you're gonna come out with me
# 如果今晚月亮皎洁时 你不出来
# If you don't come out tonight when the moon is bright
# 我会一直敲门、按门铃、砸门 直到你来开门
# I'm gonna knock and ring and tap until you do
# 我会敲门、按门铃、砸门
# I'm gonna knock and ring and tap
# 不停地敲门、敲打和砸门 直到有人应答 #
# And knock and tap and knock and ring until you do #
[布莱恩] 我要去帕洛风唱片公♥司♥,和那些人聊聊
BRIAN: I'm going to have a chat with the chaps at Parlophone.
帕洛风?
Parlophone?
帕洛风不是做喜剧的吗?
Parlophone make comedy.
你知道 我们是一支摇滚乐队 而不是“傻瓜秀”节目
You know, we're a rock and roll band,not the Goons.
嘿 我也可以很幽默的 告诉我什么时候吧
Hey, I can be funny. Just tell me when.
看吧 “帕洛风唱片”是“百代唱片”的一部分 他们想扩大自己的产品线
Look, Parlophone are a part of EMI, and they want to broaden their range.
我知道这不是我们的首选 -更像是我们的最后手段
I know it's not our first choice. -More like our last resort.
[布莱恩] 他们想听听我们的计划
BRIAN: They want to hear what we've got.
所以我想 既然你在汉堡 那我就来看看他们能提供什么
So I thought while you're in Hamburg, I'd see what they have to offer.
好吧 你已经把我们逗笑了
Well, you made us a joke already.
为什么不坚持到底呢?
Why not go the whole way?
[皮特] 算了吧 约翰
PETE: Come on, John.
布莱恩 你看起来很累
You look tired, Brian.
你看起来很糟糕
You look like shite.
[他们笑了] -[保罗] 只是他的脸而已
[They chuckle] -PAUL: It's just his face.
[乔治] 哦 是吗? -[布莱恩] 我很好
GEORGE: Oh, yeah? -BRIAN: I'm fine.
谢谢你们的关心
Thank you for your concern.
嘿 看 艾泼在吃减肥药呢
Hey, look,Eppy's on the slimming pills.
迷你小药丸
Skinny minis,
为了拥有完美的身材而节食和熬夜
for the perfect figure and staying up all night.
[所有人] 她可不是瘦 她是... -只是很高而已
ALL: She ain't skinny, she's... -Just tall, that's all.
嘿 以后别再这样做了 -为什么不行?
Hey, don't never do that again. -Why not?
这不就是你在舞台上 所做的事情吗?
It's what you do on stage, isn't it?
不 布莱恩 它们不会那么快生效的
No, they don't work that fast, Brian.
是的 约翰 他们必须这样做
Yes, well, they're going to have to for me, John.
瘦骨嶙峋的布莱恩 是个什么样?
What about skinny Brian?
他没有撒谎
He ain't lying.
他只是有钱而已
He's just rich.
就是这样
That's it.
[布莱恩] 这根本卖♥♥不出去
BRIAN: That's not going to sell.
我不太清楚 你希望我做些什么
I'm not sure what it is you want me to do.
但他们已经征服了整个利物浦 马丁先生
But they've conquered all of Liverpool, Mr Martin.
—叫我乔治吧 —乔治
George. -George.
你可不想错过 接下来的舞台
You wouldn't want to miss out on the next stage.
[乔治] 是哪一个?
GEORGE: Which is?
我知道 人们喜欢听什么 我也知道 他们想要什么
I know what people listen to. I know what they want.
如果 他们在利物浦能做到 那么 他们就能在全球各地做到
If they can do it in Liverpool,they can do it all over the world.
他们的声音... 其中一个非常甜美
Their voices... One's very sweet.
是的 那是保罗的
Yes, that'll be Paul's.
而其中一个 肯定不是
And one definitely isn't.
你和... 说过话吗? -他们都和我说过话
Have you spoken to... ? -They all speak to me.
他们想知道 接下来会发生什么 有什么好的东西 人们在购买♥♥什么?
They want to know what's next,what's good, what are people buying?
但他们就是 看不到这一点
But they just don't see that it is this.
我知道 他们看起来 有点粗鲁 但上帝保佑 他们能演得很好的
I know they're a little rough and ready,but my God, they can play.
他们还会自己创作歌♥曲 而且创作的都是 非常好听的歌♥曲
And they write their own songs,really, really good songs.
还有更多的 即将到来
And there's lots more coming.
这一切并不意味着 他们会卖♥♥出唱片
None of which means they'll sell records.
但这还不是你唯一关心的 对吧 乔治?
But that's not all you care about,is it, George?
你卖♥♥的是喜剧
And you sell comedy.
你在这方面 非常非常成功
And you've been very,very successful at that.
你受过专业的音乐训练 对吧?
You're a trained musician. Am I right?
这是流淌在你血液中的音乐
It's music that runs through your veins.
乔治 这些男孩 和你以前见过的任何歌♥手 都不一样
And George, these boys,they're not like anyone you've ever met.
他们诚实
They're honest.
世界正在改变
And the world's changing.
他们能看到这一切
They can see it.
我想 你也能看得出来 我觉得 你是我们的一员 乔治
And I think you can see it, too. I think you're one of us, George.
好吧 我只能提供一次试镜的机会
Well, I can only offer an audition.
电影精选列表