我甚至不知道这个节目有没有派人来考查我
I don't even know if the show is sending anyone to check me out.
连我的幸运围裙都不能让我平静下来
Not even my lucky apronis calming me down.
为什么这是幸运围裙
What makes it so lucky?
这是我上烹饪学校之前我爸爸给我的
My dad gave it to me before I started culinary school.
用心做饭 亲爱的 爸爸
"Cook from the heart.Love, Dad."
这是一个小小的寄托
It's a little show of faith.
至少这就是我喜欢的意思
At least that's what I like to think it meant.
我肯定是的
I'm sure it did.
你觉得穿灰衣服的那个人可能是节目组里的吗
Do you think the guy in the grey suit could be from the show?
他是我的牙医
He's my dentist.
那个红背心呢
How about the red vest?
他看起来不像那种在电视台工作的类型
He doesn't look like the TV type.
绿色连衣裙 条纹领带
Ooh, green dress, striped tie.
他们刚到
They just arrived.
让我看看能发现什么
Let me see what I can find out.
穿绿色裙子的提到了 厨王争霸
The green dress mentioned Kitchen Showdown
他们点了一些很好的酒
and they ordered some very good wine.
我就知道
I knew it!
现在我得去给他们做菜
Now I have to go cook for them.
如果你在做完主菜之前不昏倒的话
You'll be fine,assuming you don't pass out
你会通过的
before the main course.
一个侍者告诉领班
A waiter told the Maitre'd thatsomeone from Kitchen Showdown
厨王争霸的人昨晚来了餐厅
was at the restaurantlast night?
我 我不知道他们来过这里
Oh, I... I didn't know they were here.
这对我来说意味着什么
Where does this leave me?
好吧 杰森可以把所有的菜单都摆出来
Well, Jason can lay out all the menus
他不在的时候我可以代替他
and I can pinch hit while he's gone.
很多人看这个节目
Lots of people watch the show.
宣传可能对生意有好处
The publicity could be good for business.
是的 这并不意味着我会被选中
Yeah, it doesn't mean I'll get picked.
但你希望你能入选
Oh, but you're hoping awfully hard that you do.
我想 是的
I guess, yeah.
好吧 如果你真的入选了
Alright, if you do get on,
你要一有机会就提起这家餐厅
mention this restaurant every chance you get.
当然
Of course.
我等不及要告诉我爸爸了
I can't wait to tell my dad.
他会高兴得不得了
He's gonna be over the moon.
好吧 好吧 好吧
Well, well, well.
我终于屈服了
I finally caved.
她叫黛西
Her name is Daisy.
她很友好
She's very friendly.
她很可爱
And she's very cute.
请原谅我
Excuse me.
你好
Hello?
是卡莉·本森吗
Is this Carley Benson?
很高兴能够通知你
Hi. It's my pleasure to inform you
你入选了
that you've been select edto appear
厨王争霸
on Kitchen Showdown.
真不敢相信
I can't believe it!
这真是个好消息
This is such great news!
我想我现在可以松一口气了
I guess I can stop holding my breath now.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
我们周一开始录制 你会收到一封电子邮件
We start production on Monday and you'll receive an email
上面有全部的信息
with all of the information.
祝你好运
Good luck.
谢谢
Thanks.
我要上节目了
I'm gonna be on the show!
我真为你高兴
I am so happy for you!
好吧 你会看见其他选手的
Ok, you'll meet the other contestants
然后我们会尽快定下方向
and then we'll do a quick orientation.
准备好了吗 卡莉
Are you ready, Carley?
对
Yes.
厨王争霸 工作室
让我把你介绍给其他选手
Ok. Let me introduce you to the other contestants.
这是温斯顿 苏珊娜 蒂娜和彼得
This is Winston, Suzanne,Tina, and Peter.
这是卡莉
This is Carley.
我以为参加比赛的有六位厨师
I thought there was supposed to be six chefs in the contest.
你们好
Hi.
他来了 这是杰森
Oh, here he is now.This is Jason.
你迟到了
You're late.
好久不见
It has been a long time.
对
Yes.
我们在同一场演出的可能性有多大
What are the odds we'd end upon the same show together?
很小
Pretty slim.
是吗
You think?
对不起
Oh, uh, sorry.
我们以前是一个烹饪学校的同学
We were in culinary school together.
然后你就消失了
And then you disappeared.
好吧 现在我出现了
Well, now here I am.
你们都知道贝弗莉·查德威克
Oh, and you all know Beverly Chadwick.
她是我们节目的主持人 也是评委之一
She is the host of our show and she's also one of the judges.
你是芝加哥最棒的六个厨师
You are six of the best chefsin Chicago.
这是一场比赛 但让我们尽情享受比赛的乐趣
It's a competition, but let's keep it fun and respectful.
我们要进行六天的拍摄 你们会有很长的时间
It's a six-day shoot and you'll have very long hours,
但奖品是你自己的餐馆 这非常值得
but the prize of your own restaurant is well worth it.
如果你们有任何问题 一定要来找我
And if you have any questions just come to me.
无论输赢 充分利用好这次经历
Win or lose, try to make the most of this experience.
我想我们会在一起度过很多时间
Guess we're gonna be spending a lot of time together.
是啊
Yeah.
直到我们中的一个被淘汰
Until one of us gets cut.
我祝你一切顺利
I wish you the best.
我希望你也一样
And I wish you the same.
直截了当地说
Try saying that witha straight face.
你在假笑吗
You're not buying the smile?
我真的很想赢
I really wanna win this thing.
你这么说真有趣 我也是
It's so funny you should say that. I do too.
灯光 相机 把你的心烤熟
Lights, camera,cook your heart out.
是啊 有点吓人
Yeah, it is a bit daunting.
是啊 不过 这是个梦幻般的厨房♥
Yeah. A dream kitchen, though.
这里有所有你需要的量杯
All the measuring cups you could ever need.
这里有所有你需要的柜台空间
All the counter space you'll need
可以放得下你的随机配料
for your random ingredients.
好吧 我们开始给你们做介绍
Ok, we're gonna start shooting your intros.
这是一种让观众了解你们的方式
It's a way for the audience to get to know you.
我履历丰富
I have a rather large resume.
介绍很简短 很贴心
Well, the intros are short and sweet.
更重要的是突出我们的个性
It's more about your personalities.
我不做甜食
I don't do sweet.
蒂娜 你为什么当厨师
Tina, why did you become a chef?
我来自新奥尔良 食物是一种生活方式
I'm from New Orleansand food is a way of life.
那么 你从烹饪学校离开之后做了什么
So uh, what did you do after culinary school?
我去我爸爸的餐馆工作了
I went to work inmy dad's diner.
是啊 说来话长
Yeah, it's a long story.
那你呢
So what about you?
我在巴黎为弗朗辛·杜兰特工作
Um, I got a job working for Francine Durant in Paris.
你为什么选择这个职业
Why did you choose this career?
我在伦敦最好的餐馆附近长大
I grew up near the best restaurant in London,
所以我想这是命运的安排
so I suppose it was fate.
你是怎么来到芝加哥的
So what brought you to Chicago?
我找到了一份皮埃尔主厨手下的工作
I got a job as head chef at Cafe Pierre.
还有我最好的朋友也在这里
And also my best friend lives here
所以我觉得这是个不错的决定
so I figured it felt like a good move.
我是三姐妹的老大
I'm the oldest of three sisters.
我父母都要工作 所以我学会了做饭
My parents both worked so I became the cook.
我长大后就做厨师了
By the time I grew up I was hooked.
你在这里有家人吗
Do you have any family here?
我有个干女儿 有时会见面
Just a goddaughter that I borrow sometimes.
我父亲偶尔来看我
And the occasional visit from my father.
我本来要当律师的
I was going to be a lawyer
然后我爱上了烹饪
and then I fell in love with cooking.
所以我摘掉领带 穿上围裙
电影精选列表