如果我能赢得那场比赛并拥有自己的餐馆
If I could win that contest and get my own restaurant
这会使我的愿望清单提前很多年
that would shave years off of my game plan.
什么愿望清单
What's a game plan?
一个列着你想发生的事情的清单
A plan for something you want to happen.
当我和卡莉上高中的时候我们都知道
When Carley and I were in high school we both knew
我们想成为什么样的人
what we wanted to be.
是的
That's right.
你妈妈要当建筑师
Your mom was gonna be an architect
我想成为一名厨师
and I wanted to be a chef.
到目前为止我们做得还不错
So far we're doing pretty good.
我有一个愿望清单
I have a game plan.
我想要一条狗
I want a dog.
那完全不是一回事
That's not exactly the same thing.
好吧 反正我想养条狗
Well, I wanna get a dog anyway.
她老是提这个
It's all she talks about.
这是她愿望清单的一部分
It's part of her game plan.
我想它起作用了
I think it's working.
我要投降了
I'm about to give in.
欢迎来到厨王争霸 纽约赛区
Welcome to Kitchen Showdown: New York Edition.
我们走遍全国寻找最好的厨师
We go all over the country looking for the best chefs.
每个城市的获胜者都会得到
The winner in each city will be given the backing
开餐馆的资金奖励
to open a restaurant.
这是一笔大奖
It's a big prize and the competition
比赛会因此变得很紧张
can get pretty intense.
我想你会赢的
I think you're gonna win.
你只要做这个爆米花就行了
All you have to do is make this popcorn.
你是我最喜欢的美食评论家
You're my favourite food critic.
是的
Oh, uh, yeah.
很好
Great.
当然
Sure.
好啊
Ok.
到时候见
See you then.
再见
Bye.
我猜那不是节目打来的
I take it that wasn't the show.
是我爸爸
It was my dad.
他要来镇上吃午饭
He's coming into town and he wants to have lunch.
你多久没有见到他了
How long since you've seen him?
六个月
Six months.
我到多大年纪
Hey, how old do I have to be
才能做事不需要批准呢
before I stop needing his approval?
再等一百年吧
Give it another hundred years.
但你爱他 对吧
But you love him, right?
当然爱了
With all my heart.
那你就应该高兴了
Then you should be happy.
她说得很对
She makes a good point.
是的
She does.
我们去看演出吧
Let's go watch the show.
你妈妈怎么样了
So how's your mother?
她喜欢住在温哥华
She likes living in Vancouver.
她和亨利刚买♥♥了一艘船
She and Henry just bought a boat.
什么风把你吹来芝加哥了
Um... what brings youto Chicago?
有一家公♥司♥想重新设计餐厅
I'm doing some consultingwork for a company
我在为他们做顾问
that wants to re-brandtheir restaurants.
他们的总部在这里
They're headquartered here,
所以你会经常看到我了
so you're going to be seeing more of me.
你还记得我们以前玩的那个游戏吗
You remember that game we used to play?
我要从调料里尝出来的那个秘密配料
The one I had to pick the secreting redient out in the dressing?
往事历历在目
Like it was yesterday.
我们之间的所有记忆
Every memory that I have of you and me
都从我小时候在厨房♥开始
from when I was a kid is in a kitchen.
好吧 说实话
Well, to be truthful,
以前我并不知道你过来时我们该做些什么
I didn't know what to do when you came for a visit.
你好像喜欢跟我学做菜
You seemed to like it.
我喜欢
I loved it.
是的 你之前喜欢
Yes, you did.
直到你叛逆的青少年时期
Until your rebellious teens.
我以前想给自己下个定义
I was trying to define myself.
是吗
Oh, was that it?
是啊
Yeah.
我记得你把凤尾鱼放在意大利煎蛋饼里
As I recall you put anchovies in a frittata
我称之为反叛
and I call that rebelling.
那是女孩子试图引起她父亲注意所做的事
Oh, the things a girl won't do to get her father's attention.
那么 你的生活现在怎样
So, what's going on in your life?
我 我申请了参加
Well, I um... I just applied to be a contestant
厨王争霸的比赛
on Kitchen Showdown.
你看过这个节目吗
Have you ever watched it?
我真的没有时间
I um, I really don't have the time.
那是 我不赞成 的意思吗
Is that code for"I don't approve"?
卡莉 你做菜是为了传播快乐
Carley, you cook to give joy and pleasure,
不是为了名声
not for the notoriety.
是啊
Yeah.
这只是办我自己餐馆的捷径
It's just a shortcut to getting my own restaurant.
是姜
It's ginger.
构成了酱料的后味
That's what gives this dressing its kick.
我还尝到一股酸橙味
I also detect a dash of lime.
让我们养成这个习惯
Let's make a habit of this.
我真的希望能经常做这个游戏
I really hope to get back more often.
我会喜欢的
I would love that.
我也是
Me too.
哇 爸爸 那些煎蛋饼真好吃
Wow, those are impressive looking omelettes, dad.
有时我喜欢尝试更昂贵的食物
Well, sometimes I like to dabblein the fancier fare.
你是我认识的最好的厨师
You are the best cook I know.
你妈妈迷恋我
Your mother has a crush on me.
是的 我注意到了
Yeah, I've noticed.
给你
Here.
谢谢妈妈
Thanks Mom.
那餐厅的情况怎么样
So how are things down at the restaurant?
好吧 你知道 我的员工很棒
Well, you know, my staffis great.
我老板不简单
My boss isn't easy.
是的 好吧 总有一天你会成为自己的老板
Yeah, well, someday you'll be your own boss.
你们知道那个节目吗 厨王争霸
So do you guys know that show,Kitchen Showdown?
是的 我一直在看
Oh yeah, I watch it all the time.
是的 当我们卖♥♥了餐馆时 你父亲发现了这个电视节目
Yeah, when we sold the dineryour father discovered the TV.
他们要来芝加哥了
Well, they're coming to Chicago.
你得参加
Oh! You gotta get on.
是啊
Yeah.
我申请了 但是希望渺茫
I applied, and it's-it's a long shot,
但如果他们感兴趣 他们就会
but if they're interested they show up
匿名来我的餐馆里尝尝食物
at my restaurant unannounced and try the food.
到目前为止 还没有
So far, nothing.
不 不 不
No, no, no.
也许他们去过 而你却不知道
Maybe they've been there and you just didn't know it.
是啊
Yeah.
我不知道 这希望渺茫 我的老板肯特
I don't know, it's a long shotand my boss, Kent,
他很难同意我
he's hard enough to please without me asking
请假参加节目
for extra time off.
我想这才是你真正想要的
I think this is something you really want.
为了证明你有天赋 我已经知道了
To prove you've got the goods,which I already know,
但也许你不知道
but maybe you don't.
有一次我手臂受伤
You know, you came back to take care of the diner
你回来照顾餐厅
when I broke my arm,
我就发现你有天赋了
and that's something I still carry with me to this day.
也许这是你弥补失去的时间的机会
Maybe this is your chanceto make up for lost time.
也许吧
Maybe.
但这希望渺茫
But it's a long shot.
凡事都有个万一嘛
Well, sometimes those are the best kind.
谢谢
Thanks.
卡莉 味道怎么样
Hey Carley, how's it tasting?
我觉得味道不够
I don't think that has enough kick.
每天都感觉像是在试镜
Every day feels like an audition.
电影精选列表