你知道当你拼拼图的时候
You know when you're doing a puzzle
你只想找到合适的一块
and you're trying to find just one piece
似乎永远都在找
that fits, seems like forever,
终于让你找到了 然后你又开始
and then, finally, you find it, but then you're just looking
找下一块 这个过程似乎永无止境
for the next piece, and the process seems endless.
突然间 你就看到了完整的画面
And then suddenly, you see the picture.
我讨厌陈词滥调
I hate cliches,
但我可以一石二鸟了
but two birds are about to get their skulls crushed with one stone.
铛
Down!
发音来自舌尖
Articulation comes from the tip of the tongue,
牙齿 嘴唇末端
the teeth, end of the lips.
喵 喵 喵
Meow, meow, meow.
死狗狗 死狗狗 死狗狗
Dead puppies, dead puppies, dead puppies.
死狗狗 死狗狗 死狗狗
Dead puppies, dead puppies, dead puppies.
死狗狗 死狗狗
Dead puppies, dead puppies,
死狗狗 死狗狗
dead puppies, dead puppies.
戏剧社 大家觉得自己在其他地方
The theater club, a place people go
不受欢迎时 就会来这里
when they don't feel welcome anywhere else.
嘿 费尔森女士
Hey, Ms. Felson.
昂娜 你在这里干什么
Honor, what are you doing here?
我想入社
I want to join.
额 高三的吗 有点迟了
Aw, senior year? Little late.
你还记得盖里
You remember Gary.
他是土狼 这里是
He's the coyote, and this is
他那片贫瘠的沙漠
his little barren patch of desert.
我真的很想在幕后工作
I really want to work behind the scenes:
布景设计 灯光 什么都行
Set design, lighting, whatever.
天呐
Oh, my God.
等等 你能加入真是太好了
Wait, it is so great that you're joining.
我们总是用得上幕后人员
We could always use behind-the-scenes people.
当然
Sure.
我真的很高兴你在这里
I'm really happy you're here.
我一直认为我们应该做朋友
I've always thought that we should be friends.
星期六 我们有些人要去打保龄球
Oh, and on Saturdays, some of us go bowling,
不过我们不是每个人都邀请
but we don't invite everyone.
知道了
Got it.
和戏剧孩子去打保龄球
Bowling with the theater kids,
谁知道那是什么情况
who the hell even knows what that is?
嘿 肯尼迪
Hey, Kennedy.
好的 大家注意了 请注意
Okay, attention, everyone. Attention, please.
舞台交给你
The stage is yours.
好的 虽然我是指导老师
All right now, although I'm the faculty advisor,
但我不喜欢作威作福
you know I don't like to throw my weight around.
有两个选择 分别是《春之觉醒》
The two choices are "Spring Awakening"
和肯尼迪的剧
and Kennedy's play.
好的 谢谢你 费尔森女士 讲得好
Okay, thank you, Ms. Felson. Great nurturing.
讲得好
Great nurturing.
好 大家举手投票
Okay, so everyone, show of hands.
《春之觉醒》
"Spring Awakening."
好的 我想这占了大多数
Okay, yeah, I think that is a majority.
噢 肯尼迪 真的很抱歉 也许明年有机会
Oh, Kennedy, I'm really sorry. Maybe next year.
对了 你要毕业了
Oh, that's right, you're graduating.
也许大学里有机会
Maybe college.
好 试镜的报名明天就会公布
Okay, so sign-ups for auditions will be posted tomorrow,
不过已经加入社团的人
but everybody who is already in the club
可以优先挑选角色
gets priority casting.
好了 大家走吧 三周后就要开演了
All right, let's go, everyone. Curtain's up in three weeks.
时间不多
That is not much time.
嘿 肯尼迪 不管怎么说
Hey, Kennedy, for what it's worth,
我觉得你的剧本很精彩
I thought your play was amazing.
你都没看过
You didn't read it.
我当然看过 你发在网上了
Of course I did. You posted about it online.
好
Right.
如果你看过 剧本讲的是什么
If you read it, what's it about?
讲的是英国女王玛丽一世
The play is about Queen Mary I of England,
她是如何通过处决新教♥徒♥得到
how she got the nickname Bloody Mary
血腥玛丽这个绰号♥的
by executing Protestants,
以及如何被迫
and how she was forced to choose
在爱情与权利之间做出抉择
between love and power.
你真的看过
You did read it.
我真的看过
I did read it.
你是唯一一个看过我剧本的人
You're the only person who's ever read one of my plays.
你的父母也没看过吗
Haven't your parents read them?
没有
No.
好吧 真可悲
Okay, that's sad.
我认为我们应该让戏剧社
Well, I think we should get the theater club
上演你的戏
to put your play on.
没错 祝你好运
Yeah, right. Good luck with that.
我自己创造运气
I make my own luck,
还有这套艾迪丝·卡维尔服装很棒
and that is a great Edith Cavell costume.
战时护士 因间谍罪被处死
Wartime nurse, executed for spying.
你发在脸书上了
You posted it on Facebook.
可怜的姑娘 遭人忽视 还习以为常
Poor girl, so ignored and so used to it.
我想我应该同情她
I suppose I should be sympathetic,
但正如我常说的
but as I always say,
可怜人必有可恨之处
you can't spell sympathetic without pathetic.
我不会去干涉 昂娜
I won't interfere, Honor.
这是学生运营的社团
It's a student-run club.
你不喜欢《春之觉醒》吗
Don't you like "Spring Awakening"?
我喜欢
I love it.
我只是更喜欢肯尼迪的剧
It's just that I loved Kennedy's play that much more.
你看过吗
Did you read it?
当然
Of course.
是不是很精彩
Wasn't it wonderful?
她有如此独特的声音 我只是在想
She's got such a unique voice, and I just thought,
如果我们演她的戏 就能很好地
if we did her play, it would have been a great way
向肯尼迪表明她受到了赏识
to show Kennedy that she's appreciated,
即使她并不受人欢迎
even though she's not popular.
你知道 没有太多朋友的女孩
You know, girls who don't have a lot of friends,
被男生忽视的女孩 一定孤独难耐
who the boys ignore must be so painfully lonely.
像我们这样的女人 甚至不知道那是什么感觉
Women like us, we can't even know what that's like.
不 不
No, no.
我想你可能喂得太多了
I think you might be feeding it too much.
我的天啊
Oh, my goodness.
哦 亲爱的 哦
Oh, honey, oh.
费尔森女士说我们必须演肯尼迪的剧
Miss Felson says we have to do Kennedy's play now.
什么 -怎么回事
What? - What the hell?
发生什么了
What happened?
好了 我们可以逼逼 晚点再逼逼 行吗
Okay, we can all bitch-- we can bitch later, all right?
我们需要试镜 已经赶不上进度了
But we need to hold auditions, and we're already behind.
我能说几句吗 -可以 昂娜
May I? - Yes, Honor?
如果我们公爵的角色交给特拉维斯·比金斯出演
Well, we could save some time if we offered the role
就可以省下一些时间
of the Duke to Travis Biggins.
什么 -浪漫的主角
What? - Oh, the romantic lead.
我们为何不把整个作品
Why don't we just flush the whole production
冲下马桶呢
down the toilet?
那家伙每次走上球场都会收到欢呼
That guy gets cheered every time he walks on a field.
我们为何还要给他增加关注度
Why do we need to give him more attention?
因为我们能让自己受到更多关注
Well, 'cause we'd be getting ourselves more attention.
我是说 女生们喜欢他
I mean, the girls love him.
他是大家的朋友
He's friends with everybody.
曲棍球队队长也许能带来
Captain of the lacrosse team might bring in
全新的观众
a whole new audience.
你是指混♥蛋♥吧 -我不评判别人
You mean assholes? - I don't judge people.
真是离离原上谱
This is ridiculous.
他从没演过戏 我们还要
He's never done theater, and we're gonna
把主角给他
give him the lead?
拜托 盖里 我们不能忽视我们的演技
Come on, Gary. We can't just ignore our craft.
算了吧 陶德
Oh, get off it, Todd.
你一生就演过三场戏
You've been in three plays your entire life,
电影精选列表